Doctor Who. Official!

I wish they would stop skipping The End of Time on the reruns <.<. I found part 1 on the web with good resolution and sound but part 2 has bad resolution and you can barely hear it plus no captions. That didn't stop me from seeing it but I wish I could record it on the TV. I'm considering buying it on dvd for Christmas. The reason I dislike Christopher as the Doctor is that to me he didn't have what it takes to be a Doctor. He's an excellent actor just to me he isn't cut out to be a Doctor.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

Personally, I thought Eccleston was brilliant. There are things I like better about Tennant and Smith, sure, but Eccleston as the Doctor had an interesting, funny, somewhat abrasive style. I've finally gotten to watching Season 5, and I have to say, I was a little unsure of Matt Smith until Flesh and Stone. The interaction with Angel Bob was what convinced me that he's the right actor for the Eleventh Doctor.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Wow. I will never look at Ood Sigma the same way again. More specifically, I will now do this every time I see that character:TheMasterThumbsUp.png

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

On the subject of the Ninth Doctor: I thought that Eccleston was a good Doctor, but not good enough to be more than one season (at least until the season finale, when he left. Amusing that, in my opinion, he was at his best when he was leaving). He was meant to be a one-season Doctor, he even said so himself. He also says stuff like: "I'm never ever going to return to that show," and: "Will you all stop asking about it? It was back in '05. I'm gone. Leave it alone." (Not exact quotes). Personally, my favorite Doctor thus far is the Eleventh, though, in terms of the originals, I like the Fourth and Fifth. Tenth was very good, but, in my personal opinion, needed some better episodes so he could shine better. I do remain hopeful they'll do a multi-Doctor show and have him return. EDIT: In case any of you didn't know, the Series 6 soundtrack has been announced and dated for release on December 5th.

Edited by BZCoolness

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

The source I was using (Netflix) lacks Series 6. Needless to say, I am 11 different kinds of disappointed. Hopefully, though, Series 6 will be added sometime after the end of this year, so I can just be, you know, a year behind everyone else watching Doctor Who. Ah, the joys of not actually owning a telly.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The source I was using (Netflix) lacks Series 6. Needless to say, I am 11 different kinds of disappointed. Hopefully, though, Series 6 will be added sometime after the end of this year, so I can just be, you know, a year behind everyone else watching Doctor Who. Ah, the joys of not actually owning a telly.

Netflix teehee.png -CF Edited by ChocolateFrogs

nexo_shields_9.jpg

my source had every episode up within an hour of the British airtime.You know, I just realised I need to catch up on The Fades.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

That is exactly the emoticon for describing my situation with Doctor Who on Netflix at the moment from a third-person perspective. From my perspective, it's more like a Smiler. Absolutely thrilled when I found out Doctor Who was on Netflix, disconcerted when I found out that neither the classic show nor Planet of the Dead was on there, and apocalyptic rage when I found out that Season 6 wasn't on there. If you can suggest a better source that requires neither money nor an eyepatch, I would be rather pleased.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm afraid that wouldn't be allowed, per BZP's rules to linking elsewhere on the internet just in case there is questionable content. Sorry. Good luck.

my source had every episode up within an hour of the British airtime.

Ooh, that's nifty! I usually have to wait a few hours...Though I did watch The Wedding of River Song along with England via a live feed. I was ecstatic. -CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Understandable. That, I think, shunts me back to Plan A - wait for Netflix to get the job done.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Oh! Oh oh oh! Some discussion:First off, I think The God Complex is my second-favorite episode of Series 6 (the first being The Doctor's Wife). The way the story was told, the great characters, seeing The Doctor's reaction to certain things.And of course, my favorite line:fan_of_walls1.gif"Big day for a fan of walls."(And hey, The Doctor has a degree in cheese making!) But back to the point: Any philosophizing on what The Doctor saw inside Room #11? Remember, he said "Of course. Who else?" And the cloister bell rings.Personally I think he saw himself. He realizes he is a danger to others (a point especially driven in this episode) and has even seen what he has done to his companions over the years. Objections? Agreements? Thoughts? -CF

Edited by ChocolateFrogs

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Series 6 Soundtrack has been delayed to December 19th. :( Also, Murray Gold is posting, on a certain site people follow him on, that fans can suggest music that's put on the soundtrack, asking for the episode and rough timing.

It's ok, we can say Twitter on BZP.I'd love to have all the unique tracks from the series. Everything new and everything awesome from before that is fitting. Though I can see his viewpoint if there are certain mixes that worked well.I'll message him with "Doctor Who Series 6, from the first minute to the last." -CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

What is the general opinion here about the comic-relief thing Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death?On the one hand, it's completely ridiculous, and we're all thankful it's non-canon.On the other hand, Rowan Atkinson as the Doctor.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

EDIT: I was beaten to the Lumley Love. Though I think I'll have to say you'd need both hands for Joanna. Those Dalek bumps look quite hefty.Rowan Atkinson as the Doctor was nice.HOWEVER!!!!!! Joanna Lumley as the Doctor....dear god, that would be just bloody wonderful.The sad thing is that there are only two women who I could see playing the Doctor, and they're both too old for the role now. Joanna Lumley, and Julie Walters.

Edited by Malevolence

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

8330_s.gif

Well, you have to remember how old the First Doctor's actor was.I'm still holding out hope for Atkinson as an official Doctor. Blackadder pretty much proved he's got the cleverness for it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Apparantly Rowan Atkinson was actually considered for the role of the Seventh Doctor. On the one hand, that would have been brilliant as he could surely only have improved the role. On the other hand, I'd feel very sorry for him indeed given how terrible almost all the scripts were.I really enjoyed The Curse of Fatal Death. Completely ridiculous, but thoroughly enjoyable. and Atkinson really was good as the Doctor.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I'd be very happy if they considered him for the 12th Doctor and he was cool with the idea. Unlikely, seeing as they really seem to prefer young-looking Doctors at the moment, but it would still be awesome.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, Matt Smith's casting was actually a fluke, since Moffat originally wanted an older actor. So if moffat is still in charge when 12 pops up, I imagine he may be older.

69 Days to a Better Body

8330_s.gif

So long as Victor Meldrew is the new companion.

69 Days to a Better Body

8330_s.gif

Hahaha, that works for me.On a completely unrelated note, Spore Slitheen.500800242489_lrg.png'Twas, honestly, the best I could do with Spore.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've been wanting to try out spore for a long time, but the downloading instructions are way too confusing...ehn, maybe I'll buy it.

69 Days to a Better Body

8330_s.gif

What is the general opinion here about the comic-relief thing Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death?

I love it. Completely hilarious as a one-off spoof. Plus, Stephen Moffat."I'll explain later."

I'd be very happy if they considered him for the 12th Doctor and he was cool with the idea. Unlikely, seeing as they really seem to prefer young-looking Doctors at the moment, but it would still be awesome.

Well, they want actors that look young enough. It would not make sense for a regeneration to make him look considerably older. (Plenty of the actors have been the same age or older, IIRC, it's just about the believability.)That being said, I really want Andrew-Lee Potts to become the 12th Doctor. I feel his eccentricness as Hatter in Alice is perfect on what it takes to be The Doctor.-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

But with how Sherlock is going, it would likely conflict with both shows, unless they would do Sherlock, then Who, Sherlock, Who, etc., one season per year instead of both shows. So every other year we'd get Who, and every other year, Sherlock. I could go without Who for a year; it's torture going without Sherlock for a year, especially with how it ended the first season.As for a new Doctor, I've always wanted to see Adam Campbell or Tim Roth, personally.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, Cumberbatch said that while he loves Doctor Who and the role of the Doctor would be an honor, he'll never even audition for it since he knows how much spotlight gets put on the actor playing the Doctor and he doesn't think he'd be a good fit for that.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I also heard that Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes in the TV Show Sherlock) said he'd be interested in playing the 12th Doctor. I could definitely see him as a Doctor, and I think I would like him.Sev

If I'm not mistaken, Cumberbatch said that while he loves Doctor Who and the role of the Doctor would be an honor, he'll never even audition for it since he knows how much spotlight gets put on the actor playing the Doctor and he doesn't think he'd be a good fit for that.

Yeah, Cumberbatch most definitely does not want the role of The Doctor (IDK where you heard he did).He has, however, displayed interest in appearing on the show, and, IIRC, something along the lines of a big villain or recurring character. While this could mean having a big baddie role in a two-part episode, can we all hope, just a little, that he'll be the next Master? (Maybe bring John Simm back for an episode, then regenerate him at the end and Cumberbatch shows up next episode and continues the role for a little longer.) That would be awesome.-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Personally, I'd rather have Kovarian stick around long in place of the Master. She's already proven herself as clever as The doctor, and it would be really odd if the Master came back since he wouldn't be the Doctor's enemy anymore. Part of the beauty of them is that they're very much alike, and yet so opposite and true enemies. Now that the Doctor played a hand in saving The Master from the source of his insanity, and everything else that happened, bringing him back as a friend/companion of the Doctor would just feel...odd.Meanwhile, we have Kovarian who seems to genuinely HATE the Doctor for some reason. Enough hatred that she teamed up with a group of Aliens to form a religion dedicated to killing the Doctor. She has out-witted him twice with the same trick, and is absolutely evil. If my suspicions are right and Moffat delves more in depth to her character, she has so much potential to be the ultimate villain equal to the Doctor.But I would like seeing Cumberbatch as a companion, or even a regular in a few episodes.

69 Days to a Better Body

8330_s.gif