• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Doctor Who. Official!

Doctor who Sci-fi Time travel

• Please log in to reply
1612 replies to this topic

#1601 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 11-March 11
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2015 - 02:02 PM

To be fair, literally EVERY time the Master has come back from JNT-forwards (and probably even sooner, I can't remember how the explained away him being there in The Deadly Assassin), it's always been thanks to a handwave. It's practically tradition. Heck, the telemovie didn't even bother and that had to be explained away in the expanded universe. Granted, RTD's handwave was the most creative so far, but still a handwave.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey, May 04 2015 - 02:04 PM.

I bet Tahu looks just like Asuka in her Plug Suit.

Tahu is my waifu.

#1602 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-June 04
  • 3,221 posts
  •  

Posted May 05 2015 - 05:14 AM

Dear God, I hadn't thought of that!

Well... if it turns out that the Master is a Mysteron or something, I'd accept that.

Edited by CHTrilogy, May 05 2015 - 01:45 PM.

~ CHTrilogy

LOtrPw4.png

#1603 Offline The Pulsating of the Heart

The Pulsating of the Heart
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 09-July 07
  • 2,781 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2015 - 07:10 PM

Episodes 7 and 8 are going to be written by Peter Harness, and they make up a two-parter.

This is extremely disappointing news, IMO. Peter Harness is the writer behind 'Kill The Moon'. That says all you need to know about the quality of the episodes, and the BBC has shown poor judgement allowing him to write for DW again IMO.

Keep scrolling. 

#1604 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 11-March 11
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted May 10 2015 - 09:27 AM

Eh, I used to hate Gatiss episodes and dreaded whenever he showed up but Cold War and The Crimson Horror were the highlights of a pretty disappointing season for me so I'm willing to give Harness another chance.

Tahu is my waifu.

#1605 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-June 04
  • 3,221 posts
  •  

Posted May 11 2015 - 06:01 PM

I feel disgusting for being a Whovian again... I just don't understand this show anymore! Quite apart from the fact that I have 47 years of continuity to catch up on, I've shown on multiple occasions that I'm just not smart enough for it. In fact, I'm too stupid for it! And what is so strange is that I didn't have this problem before. I think those years reading Sinfest have caused my brain to degenerate and me to lose my comprehension of this show just like Frank Miller misplaced his understanding of Batman. I... even came up with an original character for the Whoniverse, but I don't even understand him as well as I should!

...I'm still gonna get the Lego sets though.

~ CHTrilogy

LOtrPw4.png

#1606 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 11-March 11
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted May 11 2015 - 08:47 PM

You don't need to catch up on all the backstory, though. You can enjoy Who however you want to. You don't need to understand everything about it (or even your OCs). I don't understand some things that happened in Neon Genesis Evangelion (even if it isn't that hard to get in retrospect) but I still love it and consider myself a fan.

Tahu is my waifu.

#1607 Offline D5 Petewa

D5 Petewa
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 18-January 15
  • 840 posts

Posted May 12 2015 - 07:22 AM

I feel disgusting for being a Whovian again... I just don't understand this show anymore! Quite apart from the fact that I have 47 years of continuity to catch up on, I've shown on multiple occasions that I'm just not smart enough for it. In fact, I'm too stupid for it! And what is so strange is that I didn't have this problem before. I think those years reading Sinfest have caused my brain to degenerate and me to lose my comprehension of this show just like Frank Miller misplaced his understanding of Batman. I... even came up with an original character for the Whoniverse, but I don't even understand him as well as I should!

...I'm still gonna get the Lego sets though.

Gallifreyan things are beyond human understanding. :P

No one needs to know everything about a show to see it, I think part of the wonder of it, is that I don't understand half of what's going on, it's the only show nowadays that I'll actually get excited about, because it's the only show that surprises me, It's the only one where I don't understand what's going on, meaning that I can't see what's coming. I have a few OCs of my own, and to make them easier to understand, for myself, I made sure that my main one, also, has no idea what's going on. It's a wonderful show, a wonderful plot, a wonderfully built universe, and you shouldn't be disgusted just because you don't understand, or think yourself imbecilic, you don't have to watch every episode that's showed up over the past fifty-ish years.

And hear hear on that last bit.

Edited by D5 Petewa, May 12 2015 - 07:23 AM.

I got irritated, so I destroyed my sig, and then I realized that was impractical and added a link.

6404559.png?301

#1608 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-June 04
  • 3,221 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2015 - 06:29 PM

Thanks... that helps a bit. But there's still the fact that "Listen" is slated for a Hugo award, and I'm like the only one who's too incompetent to get it! From what I can gather, it's about facing the fear of things that aren't there... but knowing my luck, I'm probably wrong. Also, I have the nagging feeling that the barn scene may have carried unfortunate long-term implications.

~ CHTrilogy

LOtrPw4.png

#1609 Offline moamahrimatoro

moamahrimatoro
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 13-December 14
  • 655 posts

Posted May 12 2015 - 08:22 PM

Anyone know when the Lego Dimentions Doctor Who kit comes out? 

My YouTube: https://www.youtube....pStkSgZggv0nSIw

HATE Teen Titans Go! Go on, watch it. Don't you agree?

2015 Checklist! Toa- 6/6! Protectors- 3/6 Villans- 0/1

MY SPACEBAR CAN BE STUCK AT TIMES!!! Bear with me if this happens.

Vote Gaardus: King of Combination Models by MoaMahriMatoro in BBC #69!

#1610 Offline Iaredios Paerkenon

Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 10-April 07
  • 1,840 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2015 - 06:22 PM

Thanks... that helps a bit. But there's still the fact that "Listen" is slated for a Hugo award, and I'm like the only one who's too incompetent to get it! From what I can gather, it's about facing the fear of things that aren't there... but knowing my luck, I'm probably wrong. Also, I have the nagging feeling that the barn scene may have carried unfortunate long-term implications.

I've seen most of the episodes from 10th Doctor forward. What's the plot for 'Listen'? I'm sure I've seen it, but let's find out.

Iaredios_178256.gif

lawlz-dem-mongols.jpgepic_serious_flanders.jpg

Name Info      History     The English Language     The Turkey Neck      Arthur Curry     Ra's al-Ghul    For The Picture Above

A Rude Awakening:  50% Canon. 50% Fan-Fiction. 100% Bionicle Strategy Game. Join Now! ----  Last Words of a Caravan Guard: A Rude Awakening Short-Story. ---- Ancient Agori Alphabet.

#1611 Offline moamahrimatoro

moamahrimatoro
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 13-December 14
  • 655 posts

Posted May 23 2015 - 12:17 PM

Sorry… why?

My YouTube: https://www.youtube....pStkSgZggv0nSIw

HATE Teen Titans Go! Go on, watch it. Don't you agree?

2015 Checklist! Toa- 6/6! Protectors- 3/6 Villans- 0/1

MY SPACEBAR CAN BE STUCK AT TIMES!!! Bear with me if this happens.

Vote Gaardus: King of Combination Models by MoaMahriMatoro in BBC #69!

#1612 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-June 04
  • 3,221 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2015 - 05:18 AM

Sorry… why?

Well... his older self is next door; one little alteration can have a massive impact.

~ CHTrilogy

LOtrPw4.png

#1613 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 11-March 11
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted May 25 2015 - 08:32 AM

He did leave shortly, though. I don't see that coming back (though it'd be lovely if it did).

Tahu is my waifu.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users