Doctor Who. Official!

Guys, check this out:Apparently, they went and made a Doctor Who MMO. It's not very hard core, and most of the gameplay revolves around playing minigames to unlock doors, battle autons, and hack systems, but it has a very fun feel to it.I think I can link to it right now because it doesn't have forums or anything...Moderators, tell me if I'm wrong.

It's a very fun little game, in which the story is that time is unraveling and you have to help the Doctor put it back together by recovering shards of frozen time scattered throughout the universe. It's a fun game, and well worth the time.Incidentally, I finally played "Attack of the Graske" on the official website. It's really a clever little game, I wouldn't be surprised if they made more for DVD releases.

Another thing I've noted is how there's been episode people have been really harsh on from the new series for various reasons, and I am a little curious as to why. Given I've only been learning about them through TV Tropes for the most part, I haven't really been able to understand why some of them may not be liked, but I'm willing to hear others' opinions:-Love & Monsters: This sounds like an interesting enough episode. The story of a in-universe Doctor fan group going awery when a Villian of a Week gets involved, sounds pretty neat. Do people seem to find it too silly or something? (I saw the part where the Doctor and Rose chase the monster through doors and vice-versa Scooby Doo-style, and I did think it was great fun) I thought it was reasonable. Besides, it doesn't have to be serious all the time.-Fear Her: When I read about this episode, my only gripe was that the concept of trapping people and things in drawings really unnerved me. What was wrong with the execution of the episode, though? Was it dull or something along those lines?-Moffet-Run Holiday Specials: Don't get me wrong, the Christmas specials from the Davis-Run sound pretty good (Runaway Bride, Next Doctor, Voyage of the ######, to name the ones I in paticular want to see), but the ones from the latest serials seem to get alot of criticism for things along the lines of "too cliche" or "not good in terms of other episodes." I think in terms of something to enjoy during the holiday season, the episodes seem much more enjoyable than the Davis-Run, which are more or less episodes that could air any day of the year for the most part.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

The villain in L&M is, I think, what most people dislike about that one. It's a goofy fat green guy with an objectively stupid name. I rather liked the episode, if only because Mr. Teatime Marc Warren is a pretty good actor.Fear Her is one of those things that's good for watching once. After that, it's too cheesy, really.As for the Moffat-run Christmas specials, blurglblurgl Netflix I'm presently obliged to not have an opinion on them.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Don't me started on the massive plothole in VotD...The concept of a Doctor-lite episode can work well (Blink, Turn Left) but in the case of L&M...it just got a bit daft. People singing ELO hits? A Scooby-Doo door chase? A girlfriend who is a stone slab but they still have a 'relationship' (fetch the mind bleach please...), Peter Kay as a big green villain who runs screaming down the streets in a thong? Eehh, no...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

People seem to have covered the problems with Love and Monsters and Fear Her quite adequately. Both interesting concepts, but terribly implemented. As Tilius said, compare Fear Her and Night Terrors. When I finished watching the latter, my immediate thought was "and that is what Fear Her would have been if it had been done properly."As far as the Moffat Christmas Specials go, the latest one was terrible. The first one, however, A Christmas Carol, I thought was excellent both as a Christmas episode and as an episode in its own right. I consider it to be one of Smith's finest performances.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I actually liked Fear Her. I haven't seen it twice or seen night terrors though, but I actually liked the Doctor carrying the torch. That's the sort of hilariously epic thing I love about Doctor Who. And I didn't like Love and Monsters because it was one of the few episodes that actually creeped me out.

Edited by King Joe

Eh, I felt like L&M should have been frightening, but they made the way the monster kills people completely ridiculous, so it didn't really get creepy until right there are the end.Honestly, if they'd had Marc Warren playing his character from the Discworld movie Hogfather, it would have been a brilliant episode.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'd rather watch L&M again instead of a few other episodes, were I forced to. But it's defenitely nothing to write home about...Fear Her was just ug...Moffat's Christmas Specials are defenitley better than Davies' (though Voyage and Next Doctor are defenitely better than his first two, especially the Runaway Bride). It's kind of hard to beat A Christmas Carol, I'd say.-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

My favorite Christmas special thus far was the Christmas Invasion. That one was pretty brilliant. The Next Doctor was also pretty awesome. Of the other one(s?) I've seen, I've got no major complaints.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Only one thing I can say of this show:BEST.SHOW.EVER.It's my primary reason for liking the British, and Bowties.EDIT: Also Fez'

Edited by Sky Phazer

It's been so long since I've been on a forum site, I forgot how to Banner.

This is a problem that Mark Ruffalo had at the start of Thor: Ragnarok, but mine is more difficult.

Although, I think an equal amount of Chris Hemsworth will fix it.

That would be fezzes, not fez'. The fez doesn't own anything, except perhaps for the top of Matt Smith's head.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm gonna be honest, Love and Monsters probably had the Doctor's most subtle darkest moment. He should have just let whats-her-name, Moaning Myrtle, die. Now she lives forever as an unmoving slab, trapped and only ever able to look forward. She can't go out into public because of the horror that would evoke and her parents probably fear her current condition And the whole love life thing raises some horrific questions that are better left unanswered. Can she even die? There doesn't seem to be a heart, or any organs in that slab, so it seems like she's maintained by some timey-wimey stuff.Fear Her was kind of blegh. It had a good idea but the whole evil father thing seemed incredibly uninteresting. To be honest, besides The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit, anything from the second half of series 2 I didn't like, because of the chemistry between the Doctor and Rose. In my humble opinion, David Tennant was unlikeable at the best of times, and Rose was so gosh darn irritating, their relationship annoyed me.As for the specials, I've just decided Christmas specials can't be good with Doctor Who. I haven't really enjoyed one since The Runaway Bride. RTD lost his touch and started turning the Doctor into God (Seriously, explain that ascending angels scene without religious connotations) and Moffat just tries too hard to have feelgood scenes. The father surviving in the latest episode makes me sincerely unhappy, because I find it a little insulting to any child who did lose a relative that year.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

That would be fezzes, not fez'.

Grammar is my Immortal Enemy. Thanks for bringing my Enemy back to haunt me again.

It's been so long since I've been on a forum site, I forgot how to Banner.

This is a problem that Mark Ruffalo had at the start of Thor: Ragnarok, but mine is more difficult.

Although, I think an equal amount of Chris Hemsworth will fix it.

Yeah the double bill on Krop Tor still rank up there amongst my favourite episodes.I respectfully disagree with your opinion on the Christmas specials though. While I have my problems with VotD and EoT I did like A Christmas Carol, if only because it actually used the fact that the main character has a time machine at his disposal. And the feel-good ending is made rather bittersweet when you remember Abigail is going to die in a matter of hours

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I rather agree on the matter of the slab - that was either intentionally horrifying on the part of the writers and just poorly thought-out on the Doctor's part, or just poorly thought-out on the part of the writers.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, there's enough of it that isn't "This is your brain on crazy pills" that the meat and potatoes of the creepiest parts of the episode are probably really there in the episode.Of course, there is the slightly more hopeful (for us) possibility that whatever Victor Kennedy really was, it wasn't Peter Kay in a fat suit, and was actually so horrifying that Elton's mind scabbed it over with false memories from that point onwards - making the alien ridiculous, the whole slab-girlfriend thing because when you've just damaged yourself mentally you don't think too straight, and hopefully a couple of other goofy things. It's quite possible in this interpretation that Elton is either imagining himself telling his story (when he's in fact sitting in a mental hospital, rocking back and forth) or that he is telling his story, but has become delusional about certain aspects of it, and now carries around a paving slab for, as far as anyone else can tell, no clear reason....Is it bad that I consider this the less horrible option? It does let a certain character die rather than live a creepy half-life, but it also posits that whatever Elton faced towards the end was bad enough to break his mind.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: I just got done watching the first season of the revival and liked Eccleston, though it was a shame to see him go so soon. He's far from my favorite, but the personality could have stuck around for a while longer and I saw a little of myself in him. My sister watched them with me and she's more into David Tennant's 11th Doctor, but he grew on her too.What I didn't like was Rose Tyler. Her relationship with her father was nice in that one episode with the time paradox, but otherwise she annoyed me and I had mixed feelings between the developing romance between her and the Doctor. On one hand I liked seeing that side of the Doctor, but on the other hand I didn't like the Rose Tyler half of the romance.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

It should be noted, Kraggh, that Tennant's the 10th Doctor. Matt Smith is the 11th.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I may actually have to buy those. It's an interesting concept, though not quite as good as a Doctor Who/Discworld crossover would be.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hmm. I may actually have to buy those. It's an interesting concept, though not quite as good as a Doctor Who/Discworld crossover would be.

I think I went catatonic with glee at the mere idea of that for a second there.Anyways, it'll be fun to see how the series turns out.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

That's nothing. A certain other fandom has been dreaming of a Doctor Who crossover since their show's beginnnig, ever since some certain background character was made out as resembling the Doctor.If a crossover ever happened there, they would go absolutely bonkers.On a side note, I've now seen the TV MOvie, The Three Doctors, and a good chunk of episodes from the new series. I must say, I like Donna and the Dalek from the Series 1 episode of the same name.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

There's a list of things that don't need to happen.A crossover between a moderately serious live-action science-fiction show and a children's cartoon is on that list.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom