Doctor Who. Official!

So today is the day. That is all I have to say.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

This is going to be the best day ever. And I will fully embrace it, because nothing like this will happen again until 75 years from now

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

Ahaha my uncle surprised me this morning with an early birthday present. Guess I'll be going to the theatres this afternoon for Doctor Who in 3D. :D

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

This is going to be the best day ever. And I will fully embrace it, because nothing like this will happen again until 75 years from now

I'm gonna be 61 then... D:

I'm so gonna get a selfie of myself with my rainbow scarf and brown fisherman hat. ^.^ Or maybe not.... :P

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Ahaha my uncle surprised me this morning with an early birthday present. Guess I'll be going to the theatres this afternoon for Doctor Who in 3D. :D

Good! I thought I was the only one seeing 3d willingly. :P

I'm gonna be 61 then... D:

I'm so gonna get a selfie of myself with my rainbow scarf and brown fisherman hat. ^.^ Or maybe not.... :P

:PEDIT: BEST EPISODE IN HISTORY!

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

The fact that Tom Baker and Matt Smith stood face to face at the end was amazing. The fact that John Hurt regenerated is also amazing. The fact that Rassilon and the Master might reappear is also great. The split second with Capaldi was great. The ending with fabulous. The behind the scenes at the end that was narrated by Colin Baker was mind-blowing. Sorry for those of you who didn't get to see that part on TV, since it was only in theatres. :)

Overall great episode.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Well... they did not disappoint!

So the Time Lords still live! Just inside a painting. So we might actually see the Master break out again some day - perhaps?

Was that a preview of the 13th Doctor?

T O M B A K E R ! ! ! !

THIS.

That was an amazing episode.

I love how it ended up being more of a character study of The Doctor, instead of a straightforward Monster-Of-The-Week plot.

I agree

The fact that Tom Baker and Matt Smith stood face to face at the end was amazing. The fact that John Hurt regenerated is also amazing. The fact that Rassilon and the Master might reappear is also great. The split second with Capaldi was great. The ending with fabulous. The behind the scenes at the end that was narrated by Colin Baker was mind-blowing. Sorry for those of you who didn't get to see that part on TV, since it was only in theatres. :)

Overall great episode.

It honestly took me a minute or two to notice the narrator. :P

Did anyone else catch the little extra episode "The Five-ish Doctors" they aired during 'the after party'? It was a fun little romp and I can probably talk about it without throwing spoilers around everywhere :P

Yes.

In addition, does this mean Steven Moffat was planning this for a while? ;P

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

#GallifreyFallsNoMore

:D

I think I'll rewatch this on Iplayer before doing my homework. :3

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Did anyone else catch the little extra episode "The Five-ish Doctors" they aired during 'the after party'? It was a fun little romp and I can probably talk about it without throwing spoilers around everywhere :P

I've seen a little bit, but haven't quite managed to catch it yet.

~ CHTrilogy

BZPower does not condone or support piracy. -B6 Edited by Black Six

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Um, is that legal? People can just watch it on the BBC iplayer for the rest of the week, you know...

Was not expecting either of the Capaldi or Baker cameos. But the biggest plot hole is probably how the first 8 Doctors even got there IMO. Where did they come from and why did they know what to do? Understandable for 12, but he's already experienced it twelve times over.

As for this christmas, they are making the -huge- mistake of cramming too many monsters in.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Pulse-

What's the stuff they revealed about the Christmas special?

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

That was an amazing episode.

I love how it ended up being more of a character study of The Doctor, instead of a straightforward Monster-Of-The-Week plot.

Definitely agreed. Such a great episode.

I really did love how it gave us so much on The Doctor as a character. And though a part of me almost wishes it did go in a really dark direction, at the same time, I'm so glad everything happened the way it did--definitely seems more like The Doctor that way, and I loved seeing them trying to overcome everything. And seeing Matt/David together was just awesome--so many great quotable lines!

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Just watched it last night!

I don't think anyone was expecting to see Billie Piper as someone other than Rose, but I really like the way they did it.

Ten and Eleven are adorable together, and I love Hurt's incredulity at the way they talk and act. Hurt's performance in general was great. I really like the way he combined being a cantakerous old fart with a sort of innocence and naivete that the other two doctor's didn't have.

The Zygons subplot was good. I liked the characterisation of Elizabeth I even if she doesn't quite seem to fit the time period. The constant bait-and-switching of the Zygons was very well done- not to mention Ten putting his foot in it talking to Elizabeth.

The fate of the Time Lords seems both supportive of and contradictory to the events of "The End of Time" (TEOT implied they were "time-locked" rather than killed, but this episode showed that The Doctor thought they had actually died. Furthermore, does The Doctor have any intention of releasing them from the painting? TEOT suggests that that would be a bad idea... plot of the next series, perhaps?)

Cameo from Capaldi! Shame we didn't really get to see his outfit. Tom Baker's cameo was interesting- I wonder whether that was foreshadowing a future plot element, or just a nice surreal little nod to the original, much like the scene at the end of Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller's "Starsky and Hutch."

I was kind of sad that Hurt regenerated... I wanted to see more of him...

Also, an adventure in Space and Time was on straight afterwards.

I was sobbing uncontrollably by the end! It was all so beautifully done. There were so many adorable moments like Hartnell taking the schoolchildren on a pretend adventure and telling stories to his granddaughter (who weirdly does not age in the space of five years, but I'll look past that cause she's cute). And Matt Smith appearing at the end!

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I really enjoyed the episode! Some more detailed thoughts:

• [*]Smith and Coleman played off of Tennant and Hurt very well. Clara continues to be enjoyable, but after a season (well, half) with her she still hasn't quite grabbed me as some other companions have. Or maybe I'm just still bitter over Donna only getting one season. :P[*]Ten! Honestly, I thought this was a pretty run-of-the-mill Ten performance from Tennant (aside from the aforementioned banter with Smith), but that's not a bad thing; he slipped right back into the role.[*]Billie Piper was great as the Moment. While of course there's that part of you that wants to see, "well, what if Rose and 11 met just once", but Rose's story really is done and over with, and this was a great way to let her be involved. And she really knocked it out of the park with her performance - alternately fun and grave, and a great match for Hurt.[*]Speaking of Hurt, boy was he good as well. I am glad that they gave him some levity and didn't just make him entirely dark; in the end he still felt very Doctor-y, and they were clearly having some fun with him representing the classic Doctors.[*]The special as a whole was much more lighthearted than I expected - I mean, a good chunk of the ep is just a plain old, rubber-aliens-vs.-UNIT romp. Another pleasant surprise.[*]Speaking of surprises: Capaldi! Baker! I was actually spoiled on the latter's appearance, but augh he was so good. I really need to watch more classic Who. And Capaldi was just a perfect surprise - there was applause.[*]Loved all the little nods to the series as well. (Who wants to bet the Curator gave Osgood that scarf?) The audio/clips of the old Doctors was a nice touch.[*]If there's one complaint, it's that a few plot points wound up dangling, like the human/Zygon negotiations and Tennant not giving much response to Hurt's "Bad Wolf girl, I could kiss you!" But those are minor quibbles that I'm fine overlooking for the sake of keeping things moving and fun.[*]Oh, and I do still wish Eccleston had been involved. But the guy's got the right to refuse.

Hoping to catch An Adventure in Space in Time at some point as well. 'Till then, on towards Christmas!

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I really enjoyed the episode! Some more detailed thoughts:

• [*]Smith and Coleman played off of Tennant and Hurt very well. Clara continues to be enjoyable, but after a season (well, half) with her she still hasn't quite grabbed me as some other companions have. Or maybe I'm just still bitter over Donna only getting one season. :P[*]Ten! Honestly, I thought this was a pretty run-of-the-mill Ten performance from Tennant (aside from the aforementioned banter with Smith), but that's not a bad thing; he slipped right back into the role.[*]Billie Piper was great as the Moment. While of course there's that part of you that wants to see, "well, what if Rose and 11 met just once", but Rose's story really is done and over with, and this was a great way to let her be involved. And she really knocked it out of the park with her performance - alternately fun and grave, and a great match for Hurt.[*]Speaking of Hurt, boy was he good as well. I am glad that they gave him some levity and didn't just make him entirely dark; in the end he still felt very Doctor-y, and they were clearly having some fun with him representing the classic Doctors.[*]The special as a whole was much more lighthearted than I expected - I mean, a good chunk of the ep is just a plain old, rubber-aliens-vs.-UNIT romp. Another pleasant surprise.[*]Speaking of surprises: Capaldi! Baker! I was actually spoiled on the latter's appearance, but augh he was so good. I really need to watch more classic Who. And Capaldi was just a perfect surprise - there was applause.[*]Loved all the little nods to the series as well. (Who wants to bet the Curator gave Osgood that scarf?) The audio/clips of the old Doctors was a nice touch.[*]If there's one complaint, it's that a few plot points wound up dangling, like the human/Zygon negotiations and Tennant not giving much response to Hurt's "Bad Wolf girl, I could kiss you!" But those are minor quibbles that I'm fine overlooking for the sake of keeping things moving and fun.[*]Oh, and I do still wish Eccleston had been involved. But the guy's got the right to refuse.

Hoping to catch An Adventure in Space in Time at some point as well. 'Till then, on towards Christmas!

I agree on the last one. he's still my favorite. But Hurt put a good performance up. I liked the crotchety old man thing he had going on.

And I personally like Coleman a lot. But that's probably just differences in opinion.

And they all played so well off of each other, it was a blast to watch. I may even watch again.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I agree on the last one. he's still my favorite. But Hurt put a good performance up. I liked the crotchety old man thing he had going on.

And I personally like Coleman a lot. But that's probably just differences in opinion.

And they all played so well off of each other, it was a blast to watch. I may even watch again.

Yeah, I did like how his more "old man" persona played off well against the two young 'uns. Like having no truck with catchphrases

"Geronimo!"

"Allons-y!"

"...oh for gods sake..."

XD

Edited by More Fierce Than Fire

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Details on the Xmas Special here.

Called it! I'm glad Moff's acknowledging Ten's extra regeneration. I was quite worried he was going to ignore it like he has with several other elements from RTD's run. At the moment, I'm betting River is responsible for his extra lives, but they might come up with something else on top of it.

Called it! I'm glad Moff's acknowledging Ten's extra regeneration. I was quite worried he was going to ignore it like he has with several other elements from RTD's run. At the moment, I'm betting River is responsible for his extra lives, but they might come up with something else on top of it.

Now Let's Kill Hitler makes sense, because I always wondered why regeneration was disabled for simple poisoning, but he simply didn't have any left, then River revived him and, as you said, gave him more regenerations.

When the Xmas special comes up, Toa Of Gallifrey better update his/her profile picture. :P

And, Hurt in the special is just awesome. :3

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Well that's great! So Ten is both the 11th AND 12th Doctor! It's like they're trying to force a complete and total ending to this show!

~ CHTrilogy

The Impossible Astronaut showed The Doctor starting to regenerate, but we know that to be some sort of illusion by the Tesselecta.

The Angels Take Manhattan established that he still had some regeneration energy, which River told him off for "wasting."

Nightmare In Silver had him threaten to regenerate to blast away the Cyberman hardware in his head, but he didn't follow up on it...

So, I think we can infer that he knows he's got a bit of extra regeneration energy left, but he possibly doesn't know how much- or whether he can use it for a full regeneration...

• 2 weeks later...

I came up with a theory on Capaldi's Doctor while pressing the "Random page" button on Tardis Data Core and ending up on the Valeyard's page. First, a little background: A lot of the Valeyard's backstory was lost due to problems when writing Trial of a Time Lord. Originally it was gonna be explicitly said that the Doctor will turn into the Valeyard when he's desperate for more lives at the end of his 13th incarnation, but this was scrapped and just implied because JNT didn't want the Doctor to be a dark character (even though #7 was pretty dark). This paired with reading that Capaldi's Doctor will be darker than Matt's (read this on Facebook) leads me to theorize that Capadi might be the Valeyard. Just saying Capaldi will be darker than Matt isn't saying much since the darkest thing about Matt is his anger but still something to think about. Of course, this theory might have just spawned due to spending too much time studying and then reading the Valeyard's TDC page.

Has anyone seen The History Of Doctor Who Song: In One Take?

Loved it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSyXs5QAsM

Edited by Timelady Gallade

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

• 2 weeks later...

Is there seriously no discussion of the Christmas special over the past 10 days? :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Just say ToftD. Im not crying, its raining on my face-

WHO AM I KIDDING WHHYY MATT.

there go my tear ducts. I just recovered them from sherlock. ;-;

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

In other news, the whole of BZPower has been aggravated by Steven Moffat. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

That has got to be the fastest regeneration in the series, unless that giant regeneration-looking thing was actually the start of it and it happened to be the slowest.

He might also be a little bit amnesiac. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO FLY THIS THING?"

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I already know the entire plot of Time of the Doctor, but I won't be able to watch it at its air time since I don't get BBC here. Hopefully it'll be up on the torrent sites soon after it airs. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick