Doctor Who. Official!

Lol, i got Blink by Chameleon circuit on as i write this.

Theres also already a wikipedia page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_of_the_Doctor

I watch the regeneration sequence again... my tear ducts...

MOFFAT! *raises fist*

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Theres also already a wikipedia page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_of_the_Doctor

There's been an article for it on enwiki for several months now. I remember when I saw it created in the recent changes. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I felt the whole war thing could have been replaced with a better plot/script. It wasn't meaningful enough and we aren't told 100% it's over.

The plot where we knew something was up with The Doctor's regenerations and he helped the town of Christmas was touching and good. Not fully telling the war story and ending that war was a problem that keeps this episode from getting top marks.

-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

To CF: Watch Name of The Doctor then. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Goodbye Matt Smith. Amazing how he's grown into the role over the years; it's been such a journey since we first saw him in those few photo shoots, young as could be. Onwards to Capaldi!

With regards to the episode itself:

I generally liked it. Moffat was packing a lot into not too much time, and he mostly pulled it off (I get the feeling a lot of the plot's going to fall apart upon looking at it too hard). I'm not sure how I feel about the episode's central conceit of the Doctor spending hundreds of years guarding a single planet, but Smith played it as well as he could.

Coleman as Clara was also in pretty good shape tonight. Clara's felt a bit bland since she was introduced, and she's still not quite there yet, but she felt more relateable and real than she has for much of series 7.

Minor quibble: they mostly reused music cues for Smith's final sequences. I think the only major new piece was when the old Doctor is hugging Clara goodbye just before going up the bell tower. "Infinite Potential" from The Rings of Akhaten was a great piece to use as well, though, and I should've known we wouldn't get out without "The Sad Man in a Box" making a reappearance.

Speaking of reappearances, oh Amy. Only a few seconds, but a well-needed nod. (I somehow suspect they couldn't get Caitlin Blackwood back for young Amelia, though, given how her face was hidden and she wasn't credited.)

And now Capaldi! Only a few seconds of him, but I'm already excited to see where he goes from here. And I loved the music for his scene - a hint of Twelve's musical stylings?

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Look, to my knowledge, it becomes that graveyard after

The Eleventh Doctor Regenerates, and him and the Church of Silence defeat the Daleks, and they bury the dead. Unless another huge battle happens again. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

The Eleventh Doctor Regenerates, and him and the Church of Silence defeat the Daleks, and they bury the dead. Unless another huge battle happens again. :P

You're forgetting something else.

That giant monument/tomb that was explained as the ruins of the TARDIS. Where did that come from? Has that future been rewritten, or is the Doctor still fated to die or Trenzalore at some other point?

bug_animated.gif

You're forgetting something else.

That giant monument/tomb that was explained as the ruins of the TARDIS. Where did that come from? Has that future been rewritten, or is the Doctor still fated to die or Trenzalore at some other point?

I just don't like how we have to assume the battle is over, unless he has to come back and finish the war, which wouldn't be too good storytelling-wise.

As for the TARDIS monument (ie the TARDIS grown bigger), good question, because it sure looks like the TARDIS as it landed at the beginning of that episode. Being cracked and whatnot.

-CF

Analyzing my "feels" for Matt's final episode, I realized this is shocking me in ways I didn't expect because I haven't properly said goodbye to a Doctor. I streamed through 9 and 10, catching up just in time to watch The End of Time. By then I knew Ten was leaving and was expecting Smith. While I knew Eleven was leaving now, he had been with me for 4 years instead of a few months, and I really don't want to let him go.

nexo_shields_9.jpg

To CF: Watch Name of The Doctor then. :P

But that's not an ending. It's telling us that Trenzalor is now a war-torn graveyard for soldiers. Not showing us a conclusion.

:/

-CF

My uncle and I presume that the war-torn Trenzalor was what would have happened if the Doctor fought his final battle there, but since he didn't, that future never happened. Instead, that Trenzalor is in a parallel universe. Like the Doctor said in Army Of Ghosts/Doomsday, every choice you make creates a parallel universe of the world had the other option been taken, which he said to explain Pete's World. The war-torn Trenzalor is likely in the same situation as Pete's World, being a reality that never happened in the "main" universe.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

About TTOTD I liked it overall, but felt alot of it could have been better, for example I wanted to see the Silence (species) and the Doctor fight the Daleks more. Also we just got a very quick explanation of "The Kovarian Chapter". With the Trenzalore in TNOTD I think it might have been Gallifrey, we haven't seen it yet since its return so who knows who is in charge and what state it is.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

I really like how Moffat managed to tie up loose ends hanging around since Season 5. It finishes up Matt's run and leaves a clean slate for Capaldi. But I have to ask:

Gallifrey is frozen in time. How did the timelords manage to give him an extra regeneration?

Same way that the Zygons were able to go inside and then break out of the paintings in The Day of the Doctor, I would say.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The official BBCOne twitter said 'sorry for the feels'.

Hello, you guys are the one causing Tumblr to go mad.

...Which doctor should i watch next? I've seen all of 6, 8,9,10,11.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Only just got to watch it yesterday...

I'd say the episode generally did a good job of tying up the loose ends and establishing exactly who The Eleventh Doctor is in his final moments. But everything with the Time Lords responding through the crack was a bit weird, but that might be because we know very little about what condition they are preserved in.

The scene with Amy appearing at the end was beautiful, although there was a twisted part of my brain expecting it to go like this:

The Doctor: Amelia Pond.

Amy: Raggedy Man.

The Doctor: (rips off hair) I'm wearing a wig!

Amy:(rips off hair) I'm wearing a wig too!

The Doctor: BALDIE BUDDIES!

And then they both do The Drunken Giraffe dance while LMFAO's "Sexy and I know it" plays in the background and Clara watches on in horror.

(Reasons I should never write fanfiction #71)

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I'd say the episode generally did a good job of tying up the loose ends and establishing exactly who The Eleventh Doctor is in his final moments. But everything with the Time Lords responding through the crack was a bit weird, but that might be because we know very little about what condition they are preserved in.

The scene with Amy appearing at the end was beautiful, although there was a twisted part of my brain expecting it to go like this:

And then they both do The Drunken Giraffe dance while LMFAO's "Sexy and I know it" plays in the background and Clara watches on in horror.

Write it write it!

Also, has anyone seen the Wholock? Its made by the same guy who made teh fake 50th trailer.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Write it write it!

Also, has anyone seen the Wholock? Its made by the same guy who made teh fake 50th trailer.

Well... I drew it...

And YES, Wholock was incredible! But the ending had me desperately hoping that the Doctor was able to bring Sherlock back five minutes later for John's sake...

...The new sherlock episode had Mycrofts codename be Lazarus. Nice one Gatiss, nice one

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

No! Don't tell me anything about Sherlock! I have to wait at least another day before I can see it...

Still, I can't help wondering... it's been firmly established over the last series that Sherlock Holmes is fictional in The Doctor Who Universe, so perhaps Sherlock's third series will do a similar thing for Doctor Who (I heard a rumour they were shooting a scene in Earl's Court, which makes this look pretty likely...)

The Wholock video was disappointing. It was just each character saying bits of dialogue back at each other. Not nearly as witty, whimsical, and clever as a real crossover would have been.

(I think that, were a crossover to happen, Sherlock could put up with Capaldi more than Smith.)

The Empty Hearse was a great episode!

-CF

Edited by ChocolateFrogs

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I once thought about doing a comic or fic in which Eleven runs into post-Reichenbach John during his search for Clara. The whole thing basically consisted of The Doctor managing to repeatedly put his foot in his mouth via misunderstanding.

For example...

The Doctor: Your name is Watson? And you're a doctor? You're a Dr. Watson?

John: Erm... yes?

Doctor: That's brilliant! I've always wanted a Watson!

John:... you have?

Doctor: Yeah! You know, someone to follow me around and have adventures and say nice things when I'm clever! Well, I've had a few of those, actually but I've never had one that was called Watson- Watsons are cool!

John: I'm sorry.. am I missing something? What's so great about being called Watson?

Doctor: Well, you know- "Elementary, my dear Watson!"

John: No... I don't know... Is that a reference to something?

Doctor: Oh, come on- Watson! Elementary! Like Sherlock Holmes!

(John stares incredulously at The Doctor for a moment, then turns and walks away as The Doctor babbles on)

Doctor: Goodness, what has happened to this planet if people aren't getting THAT reference any more- Watson! Wait! Where are you going?

John: Sod off.

Doctor: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you probably get Sherlock Holmes jokes all the time- Look, I didn't mean anything by it- you said you knew a Clara-

John: You didn't mean anything by it. What sort of person thinks it's okay to go and harass a bloke who watched his best mate commit suicide in front of him with crude jokes that-

Doctor: I-I'm so sorry, I didn't know about your friend. Look, I've lost someone-

John: Oh, don't give me that. Of course you knew. You mentioned him by name!

Doctor: ...I did?

(John ignores him and keeps walking)

Doctor: I didn't mention anyone's name...

Doctor: Except...

Doctor: Hang on- are you saying that your friend was Sherlock Holmes?

Doctor: (Runs after John) Are you trying to tell me that you're the Dr Watson and he was the Sherlock Holmes?!

John: I'm not trying to tell you anything. I'm trying to get home without accidentally punching anyone in the face, and you're not helping.

Doctor: But he wasn't real!

John: ...Say that again.

Doctor: Sherlock Holmes! He wasn't a real detective! It was all made up!

(Doctor fails to notice the silent rage building in John's eyes)

Doctor: I mean, the stories were great, but that's pretty much what they were- Stories! Fiction- well, mostly fiction- I suppose there was the bit with the giant rat-

THUD.

(Reason I shouldn't write fanfiction #78)

This is slowly turning into Wholock. XD

(Can you MSPaint that Alaska ((mind if i call you alaska, aylsa?)) because that would be awesome)

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Ugh, I think I once tried to work out how long that scene would be if I drew it as a comic, and it ended up being about 15 pages... And given that both the Eleventh Doctor's and the post-Reichenbach eras have finished, the content feels a bit outdated. Don't worry, though, I'm sure I'll feel inspired to make better and more current Sherlock/Doctor Who comics after I watch the new series...

...Which doctor should i watch next? I've seen all of 6, 8,9,10,11.

Second. Patrick Troughton is my favourite doctor.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

rewatched Mark of the rani instead of doing my maths homework. muhaha.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

We need a Sherlock topic.

Also, MARRRRY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was bored one day I made up a little pokemon team for some of the Doctors.

1: Grumpig, Snubbull

3: Lucario, Sawk,Throh,Blaziken

6: Snubbull,Delcatty Empoleon,Ditto (Darn you Frobisher, you awesome penguin.

10: Palkia, dialga, Celebi

War: Bisharp, Pawniard (2),

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Today's Tom Bakers birthday.

Hmm, what to watch, Androids of Tara or Seeds of Doom?

Edited by Timelady Gallade

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

I honestly didn't know that. Learn something new every day I guess. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Hey Alaska, you wont doing a Who comic with 6 and Maxil?

With 12 and that roman dude (forgot his name) from fires in Pompeii?

...I'll give you a virtual cookie.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Not that familiar with 6, unfortunately... is Maxil the character Colin Baker played before he was 6?

I have a vague idea for a Capaldi one... the line "Yes, yes, I died and turned into a Roman" springs to mind... I'll think on it and see if anything materialises.

Yes, Maxil was the guy Colin Baker played before 6th.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

...David Tennant had a role in the show before becoming Doctor? When and which episode?

On the subject of Classic Who, I've been watching a lot of it recently, and it really surprises me how different yet so similar at the same time it is to the new series. The new series could definitely do with the longer stories, especially after the last half of the most recent season. Most episodes in that half could have used the extra time.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.