Doctor Who. Official!

You might be thinking of the Robots of Death, RG. 

I can see how you'd arrive at the conclusion that they look similar, but the robots there looked a little more humans in terms of their 'face' compared to this silvery robot, and were a bit more green IIRC. This robot has seemed to have bit of a purple light in its forehead? 

Also, dinosaur in what appears to be London.

Yes I was.

Yes, also, wasn't one of them silvery?

Though I did see the purple light in the photo.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I'm a terrible person and so when I refreshed the website where I watch Doctor Who dubbed in Russian and saw that they all of a sudden had the first episode of Season 8 on there, which I soon found out was a dub of the leaked episode from like a week or two ago, I cracked under pressure and ended up watching the whole thing.

Capaldi kills it, it's a great episode. A couple really, really great callbacks to earlier episodes, including one of Ten's best. Great stuff, very entertaining. And it looks like it's actually gonna have a nice clear story arc unlike the giant gorilla-sized question mark that was Season 7 :P

Rating: Spoilers/10

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

You might be thinking of the Robots of Death, RG. 

I can see how you'd arrive at the conclusion that they look similar, but the robots there looked a little more humans in terms of their 'face' compared to this silvery robot, and were a bit more green IIRC. This robot has seemed to have bit of a purple light in its forehead? 

Also, dinosaur in what appears to be London.

Still I've seen of the purple forehead robots seem to show that purple light is in the shape of a cross, like the 'bots are kitted out to be Crusaders. At a guess those'll be the robots of Sherwood then

7AOYGDJ.jpg

you know greendude33 on dailymotion? (aka dude with every episode of classic who uploaded) yeah he got shut down.

rip in peace.

now how am i supposed to watch the entirety of classic who over the summer? ;-;

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

you know greendude33 on dailymotion? (aka dude with every episode of classic who uploaded) yeah he got shut down.

rip in peace.

I think a good portion of them are on Netflix or you could torrent them. If not that, check your local library to see if they have any of the classic serials on DVD. Or if you really want to just order the DVDs on Amazon but that's the hardest option on your wallet.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

rip in peace.

I think a good portion of them are on Netflix or you could torrent them. If not that, check your local library to see if they have any of the classic serials on DVD. Or if you really want to just order the DVDs on Amazon but that's the hardest option on your wallet.

Noooooo I was about to watch the Classic series D: I only got a chance to finish the first couple Hartnell stories. Netflix has like, a couple stories from a couple of the classic doctors but they are faaaar from having "a good portion" unfortunately :c I'm sure there are plenty of not very legal ways to find 'em online :P 

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

rip in peace.

Noooooo I was about to watch the Classic series D: I only got a chance to finish the first couple Hartnell stories. Netflix has like, a couple stories from a couple of the classic doctors but they are faaaar from having "a good portion" unfortunately :c I'm sure there are plenty of not very legal ways to find 'em online :P

Youtube has a bit of the series, really only the first 2 doctors though.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

rip in peace.

Youtube has a bit of the series, really only the first 2 doctors though.

it also has parts of sixth doctor serials, but i think part 3 of timelash and a part from the doctors is down, and the last 4 parts of Trial arn't there. And Trial of a Timelord is flimed off a TV. No joke.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

• 2 weeks later...

So, I had this drama course on the weekend. It was taught by this nice but slightly eccentric British bloke. On the second day of the course, he randomly rocked up dressed as a pirate. Anyway, he managed to slip a Doctor Who quote into the lecture, and then immediately pulled out a silver pocket watch to check the time. I, of course, immediately blurted out "Is your Timelord identity sealed in there?!" Everyone stared at me blankly. The guy opens his pocket watch. It's a really fancy thing with a big section that pops up out of the middle and some sort of compassy-looking thing in there along with the actual watch.

I think my actual response was something along the lines of "whoooa... you could fit, like, three Time Lords in there", but I'm absolutely kicking myself for not making a "bigger on the inside" joke.

• Upvote 2

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

So, I had this drama course on the weekend. It was taught by this nice but slightly eccentric British bloke. On the second day of the course, he randomly rocked up dressed as a pirate. Anyway, he managed to slip a Doctor Who quote into the lecture, and then immediately pulled out a silver pocket watch to check the time. I, of course, immediately blurted out "Is your Timelord identity sealed in there?!" Everyone stared at me blankly. The guy opens his pocket watch. It's a really fancy thing with a big section that pops up out of the middle and some sort of compassy-looking thing in there along with the actual watch.

I think my actual response was something along the lines of "whoooa... you could fit, like, three Time Lords in there", but I'm absolutely kicking myself for not making a "bigger on the inside" joke.

Maybe he was truly was the Doctor for real. o:

• 2 weeks later...

Who else thought the Matt Smith cameo was well done? Overall I'm liking Capaldi as a doctor. Dunno if I can call him a favourite yet but we'll see over time. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

...And now RG begins his quest to find a way to watch the episode without BBC America... =P

No really if you know how tell me, my IP changing software is being annoying. =P

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Am I the only one who thinks the woman at the end was River Song? 

*looks at above post* 

Evidently not, but it seems like an interesting occurrence*

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

First off, WOW. I can't believe this topic has survived for almost 3 years!

Second, my thoughts on the new episode.

It was. . . . . .okay. Certainly miles ahead of the awful christmas special, but definitely far behind the awesome 50th anniversary special. I thought the Villains were cool, but what was up with those cartoon sound effects? They were just so out of place.

I'd say more but I forgot how to spoiler tag.

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Man, that was dark! Like, so dark that Batman would need a flashlight to see. I like Capaldi though, and all the Scottish jokes.

Dunno if anyone else would notice this, but he looked almost exactly like an aged version of Mr Furious from Mystery Men when wearing the hobo clothes.

And Heaven? Looks like an interesting place; I hope they do a good job handling this story arc, because it has great potential. I wonder if it'll be River Song.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Nah, it can't be River. We've seen all of her previous selves, and anyway, she died in the Library. Is anyone else here really excited about the next episode? DALEKS FTW!!!

Good point. But I wouldn't put it beyond Moffat/whatever writers to do something crazy and nonsensical.

And Episode 2 is great, plenty philosophical; I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

=)

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Did no one else think that premier was one of the dumbest episodes of the franchise? Just me? Okay.

Eh, it was okay. The focus seemed to be more on the characters than the plotline, anyway.

Still better than "The Time of The Doctor". That one just seemed like the writers said "Okay, we have a bunch of storylines to resolve. Let's get them all out of the way at once." The whole episode just seemed poorly-written and bad.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Yeah, the origin of the Silence did not explain why they killed people other than the Doctor or why they wanted to rule the world. But anything is better than Cassandra. Except maybe the pig-people.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Nah, it can't be River. We've seen all of her previous selves, and anyway, she died in the Library. Is anyone else here really excited about the next episode? DALEKS FTW!!!

Good point. But I wouldn't put it beyond Moffat/whatever writers to do something crazy and nonsensical.

=)

Have you been peeking at those leaked scripts?

VBWj75sh.png

Credits say fishy person at the end is named Missy

So I got this to work.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

=)

Scripts? What scripts (and I say this very truthfully)? I haven't read any scripts.

=)

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Oh, I see, another time traveller then?

I really liked Clara's characterisation in this episode. It's the first time in a while she's felt like a real person, rather than a questions and sass dispenser. I love that she doesn't trust the new Doctor, loses her temper and shouts when she's frustrated, cries helplessly when she's scared and had a rubbish first day as a teacher. I really hope this continues throughout the series.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I like the new Tardis interior. It's similar to the previous one, which happens to be my favourite of the interiors since Series 1, and also the column is orange! We haven't had a Tardis with a red/orange column yet! 

Also, I predict that Series 8, will be very steampunk. Even just going by the first episode and the title sequence, I can tell that there will be lots of steampunk when there can be. 

=)

Scripts? What scripts (and I say this very truthfully)? I haven't read any scripts.

Hmmmmm... Maybe a future version of yourself will wear a malfunctioning Mohtrek, and so that's how you know...

[Edit] Does anyone know if that first bit should be in spoiler tags?

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

I like the new Tardis interior. It's similar to the previous one, which happens to be my favourite of the interiors since Series 1, and also the column is orange! We haven't had a Tardis with a red/orange column yet! 

Also, I predict that Series 8, will be very steampunk. Even just going by the first episode and the title sequence, I can tell that there will be lots of steampunk when there can be. 

=)

Hmmmmm... Maybe a future version of yourself will wear a malfunctioning Mohtrek, and so that's how you know...

[Edit] Does anyone know if that first bit should be in spoiler tags?

Or perhaps there's a TARDIS involved.

I imagine spoiler tags wouldn't be too important for this. I prefer the previous version of the TARDIS interior; this one looks (to me) a bit tacky. And as for steampunk:

I think it was just the first episode; there are some automatons/robots upcoming, but certainly nothing more than before. But you've got some good episodes coming up!

And frankly, I'm glad that there isn't too much in the way of steampunk; a little bit is great fun, but more than that is too much.

=)

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I hope the spoiler tags are correct... Imagine Jenny kissing a classic era Vastra. someone draw that

Whos to bet that for the Doctor Who 100th Annversairy, Paul McGann would exactly the same.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

I hope the spoiler tags are correct... Imagine Jenny kissing a classic era Vastra. someone draw that

Whos to bet that for the Doctor Who 100th Annversairy, Paul McGann would exactly the same.

I think someone already did that on Gallifrey Base (even with a classic era Strax in the back XD). If I come across it again I'll post it here.

I think someone already did that on Gallifrey Base (even with a classic era Strax in the back XD). If I come across it again I'll post it here.

May I point out that:

Strax and Vastra weren't in the classic series. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

May I point out that:

Strax and Vastra weren't in the classic series. :P

Doesn't stop people from making pictures of a classic Silurian kissing Jenny. XD

I really liked this episode. Nice intro to Danny Pink, great performances from Capaldi and Coleman, the Dalek's development was very cool, and excellent twist with the Dalek hating other Daleks because of the Doctor's hatred towards the Dalek. I was thinking that wouldn't happen and was gonna complain that the Doctor hates the Daleks, he wouldn't inspire anyone to be kind to them. Interesting that Gretchen went to "Heaven" (because I still think it's Gallifrey) but not Kai or Ross (at least on screen). Methinks they go to "Heaven" if they died for the Doctor, as the Droid did when he (presumably) killed himself to spare the Doctor having to do it. Possibly to raise an army for the Doctor?

Right when the whole "good Dalek" bit came about in the episode, I just thought "That must be the Clara-Dalek from Asylum of the Daleks!" But I was wrong. It would have been interesting if Clara came into contact with one of her fractured selves. Maybe that's how Moffat'll get rid of her in the Christmas special!

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png