Doctor Who. Official!

I also heard that Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes in the TV Show Sherlock) said he'd be interested in playing the 12th Doctor. I could definitely see him as a Doctor, and I think I would like him.Sev

If I'm not mistaken, Cumberbatch said that while he loves Doctor Who and the role of the Doctor would be an honor, he'll never even audition for it since he knows how much spotlight gets put on the actor playing the Doctor and he doesn't think he'd be a good fit for that.

Yeah, Cumberbatch most definitely does not want the role of The Doctor (IDK where you heard he did).-CF
Some friends of mine who are into Doctor Who told me, I didn't look it up or anything. Oh well. I just hope that Matt Smith will stay for a while, I am really enjoying him being The Doctor.Sev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

I agree that the Master's potential as a villain has pretty much been exhausted. Even if he found a way to somehow not be dead, I rather suspect that the drums would have stopped after the events of The End of Time, and, given that he found out why they started, even if they were still there he'd probably be just a bit more under-control than when they were driving him crazy.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Master should stay dead.Cumberbatch should play some on and off recurring villain throughout a season or two; that would be great. If possible, another rogue/new Time Lord or something, not to replace the Master (can't do that, of course), but a Master-esque Time Lord enemy. Master-esque only in that he's a rival Time Lord survivor and sees the Doctor as an enemy.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

I don't doubt the Master will show up again at some point - but I imagine it won't be until we're on Twelve, unless Eleven has very long run. Kovarian will probably show up again in S7, when we see just what the events were that caused the Silence to go on their anti-Doctor crusade.Also, I can't stop hoping that at some point Moffat will pen a ten-minute Doctor Who/Sherlock crossover ep for Children in Need. Be a sight more fun than "here's a preview of the Christmas special!" yet again.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

In case anyone is interesting (mainly because I've only one comment in four MOC topics), I've posted a collection of Dalek MOCs. The link is here.

Edited by Malevolence

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

That's what I'm worried about. I can't see any good, sensible way for the Master to return. If you get sucked into the Time War while fighting Rassilon, you aren't supposed to come back from that.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Moffat will probably have those events tie into the Doctor's great moments at Trenzalore, allowing the Time Lords to return, Rassilon to be killed (or disempowered via the 'power' of the Doctor's true name?), and the Master to possibly come back, though I'd much rather have Kovarian in his place.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

8330_s.gif

Pfffthahaha.That could well be it, Malevolence. Speaking of Rassilon, I'm kind of split on how I feel about that character. On the one hand, he did try to destroy the universe, on the other, considering his point of view and all the work he had to put into Time Lord society, I can kind of understand why he would do that.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

@CF: Ha ha, yes. I don't watch Community but I do know about the whole Inspector Spacetime thing. They've even "cast" Christopher Lee as the Second Inspector, Lynda Bellingham as the Fifth Inspector, Stephen Fry as the Seventh Inspector and Steve Carrell as the Eighth Inspector. LOL!

Edited by Lhikevikk Returns!
bug_animated.gif

So I've been going through Series 1, and I can't believe how much I dislike Rose. Her stupidity is amazing. (Spoilers ahead) I watched the episode "The Long Game" the other night, and I was furious at Rose. "Oh hey Adam, I've only known you for, like, an hour (if even that), but here, you can have the TARDIS key while you wait for us". What the heck? I wouldn't give anyone the TARDIS key, nevermind a dude I've only just met. That, and she gave Adam her cell-phone, and after the call he pockets it and she doesn't say anything, and he keeps it through-out the episode. Then I watched "Father's Day"... and the stupidity continues. I know it's her Dad and all, but come on. I don't care how much you love him you don't save him, then proceed to mess up history. And on top of that, she touches her baby-self after explicitly being told not to by the Doctor which allows the creatures to come in and eat the Doctor. One last one in the episode "Dalek", the Doctor was all yelling at the museum owner guy saying it was his fault that the Dalek was alive and got free. Um no, yeah it was partly his fault for keeping it, but it was entirely Rose's fault that the thing got out. She touched it, and because she was a time-traveler person it got her power or something?(I can't quite remember the actual words) and was able to get free. So if anything yell at Rose. I know most of it is the writers fault, but even so she is still really annoying, and IMO not that great of an actor. And I just really can't stand her.Sev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

Actually, I liked having Rose in the first season. The second season was when she really shined, in my opinion. Then she's trapped in a parallel universe, and what do they do? Bring her back in Series 4. That was, in my opinion, the worst way to have her show up again. I would have preferred if she hadn't come back at all, but, oh well.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

A Doctor Who movie sounds like a nice idea.Honestly, I don't dislike Rose, but she is my least favorite of the companions for Doctors 9 through 11. Part of it is that she just never really had a crowning moment of awesome, and part of it is that she has to compete with companions who threw buckets of awesome at the viewers.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I have no objections to Rose. I have objections to the Ten/Rose shippers, who as far as I can tell are going to keep churning out photoshopped stills with flowery text over them for the rest of eternity. I once saw it put rather well: the Ten/Rose stuff was good in the show, and it's an important part of the characters, but Doctor Who is about so much more than the super tragic special romance between a Time Lord and the girl he met in a shop.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Hasn't this Doctor who movie been 'confirmed' for the past six years?

69 Days to a Better Body

8330_s.gif

At first I was excited about the movie, then I heard they won't be using the same actors, they don't have a script, cast, crew etc, and it won't follow the continuity, and now I hope it doesn't happen. It'll either be a great (like the rebooted Star Trek movie), or utterly fail, and I'm leaning towards the latter. BBC has yet to confirm or deny it, so until they confirm it I'll assume it's just rumors.Sev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

^ Maybe to try and make more money? After all, they'd get tons more money selling the movie in theatres and on DVD/Blu-Ray if they did so in addition to all the main-series stuff...The only question is if anyone would want it, after all the continuity(Or lack thereof) that you're talking about.(I'll admit, I hadn't heard of this before I just read these posts. >_>')

I've been thinking about it, and I can think of literally no way to do a Doctor Who movie right without a necromancer and Peter Cushing's shambling zombified corpse.While that would take away the award for "most disrespectful portrayal of a dead actor" from Bruce Lee's appearance in Game of Death, it's still the best option.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Okay, I can think of two viable options for a Doctor Who movie. Exploring alternate universe Doctors would be pretty awesome. Oh, I can also think of two specific things they aren't going to do, though it's kind of sad that I'm less certain that they won't zombify Cushing than I am that they won't do the "parallel universes" gig.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It's no different from what Toei did with "Kamen Rider: The First" and "The Next"; re-imaginings of the first two seasons of the franchise. I'm certain this is going to be some form of alternate take on the origins of the Doctor, or a reboot franchise set as movies that will play things differently.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

Well, with no script or anything else announced, why not have some fun? What would be your Doctor Who Movie (be it Canon or non-Canon?).The movie would open with the Doctor walking to his TARDIS, and turning to face someone (A woman, most likely. From New Earth, maybe), saying "Well, that was fun, but I'm going....yes, going. Goodbye." (Stick in some Last of the Timelords stuff here and there) Then the TARDIS doors open and a large blast of energy sends the Doctor flying. A voice inside the TARDIS tells the Doctor that everything that just happened was a silly child's game. A energy-based entity has now fused itself into the TARDIS. It offers the Doctor a chance to save his ship, by giving him obscure clues, taking him to various locations, and expecting the Doctor to find a rare treasure based on those clues.The Doctor figures he needs some help, so he finally invites the woman to join him. They end up going to many various locations on earth and other planets (The energy Entity can even fix the chamelon circuit). Now, since this is a movie, instead of 'everyone can speak perfect English with a British Accent because of the TARDIS', they can employ actors from various countries (Japan, Korea, Turkey, France, Greece, Russia, etc. Maybe even America if they're desperate.) To play the people that the Doctor and his partner (Is it better than companion?) meet up with at the different locations.The treasures being collected seem to be rather plain and uninteresting, until the Doctor gets in a fight with some natives over one, and breaks the relic in the process. He notices they are actually dull SHELLS with highly advanced technology inside. Being the Doctor, he decides to not let on. He repairs the relic, goes onto the next location, and starts trying to figure out what the entity is using them for. The final location ends up being the ancient Aztec Empire (or some similarly bizarre and unusual ancient society, if you'd like) where the Doctor helps them with a mathmatical error on their calender, and finds out that their 'hieroglyphics' are actually just a lot of random drawings little kids carve out of boredom. But the real secret is an ancient scroll that contains detailed information on ALL of the relics they've collected so far, how to combine them properly, and what they do. convert energy into physical. The entity that's taken over the TARDIS is trying to create a body for itself. The Doctor prepares to confront it to find out what it hopes to achieve. Before he can, the TARDIS reveals itself by reverting back to its Police Box design, the entity opens the doors and rips the scroll from his hand, informing all present that the Doctor and his partner are gods hoping to destroy the people's own gods.Naturally, this means they're about to be sacrificed. As the Doctor is pulled to the altar, he tells the TARDIS-possessing entity to think really hard, and try to believe that he would fall for this. As the Doctor is about to be killed, the people all become electrified and die. Behind each of them is an Ood."Sigma, you're twenty seconds late, that's very rude. A few more and I couldn't hug you hello...because I'd be to busy holding MY SEVERED HEAD!"The Ood have advanced to a point of beinh capable of time travel almost equal to TARDIS technology. Just as Ood Sigma begins to tell the Doctor who is in the TARDIS, the Doctor vanishes from existance. He's inside the TARDIS now, and begins to question the entity."Who are you? What do you want with MY TARDIS? And more importantly what do you want with this technology?""I'm an old enemy, Doctor, and an old friend.""That's very vague."No answer, but a pipe starts to vibrate, making a familiar noise.The Doctor just nods, smiles, and begins piecing together the technology. He flips it on and watches. The energy starts to pool from all over (golden brilliant shining energy) forming the shape of a person. It's The Master (John Simm version)."Oh, it was YOU!, I thought it might have been Chopin. He did become my enemy after That one...unfortunate...anyway, It's you! The Master. A childhood friend, a life-long enemy. You destroyed the entire earth just to hurt me. You brought back the Time Lords, only to help me send them back to the dead where they belong. You're a Timelord. I'm no longer the last."Insert some filler, the Master getting his old TARDIS back, the woman being sent back home, and the Doctor and the Master left in a field, with their TARDISes."Well, this is awkward. We don't do the friendship thing, do we?""I could still be evil...for the fun of it, I mean.""No! Maybe...but Nothing extreme! I'm not reseting the Universe because of you having some silly need to rule Earth.""I think I'll regenerate too, this body is a bit...old now."Some more exchange, and the two go off. On the TARDIS screen, the word Idris appears, followed by, 'Does that mean the adventure is over now, Doctor?' He flips some switches and the TARDIS takes off."Funny thing about time travel, sexy."He walks up to the doors and opens them, brilliant light flooding the TARDIS interior, his face, and everything until the screen is pure white"All of time and space, The adventure never ends."It was a dream I had last night, actually, but I like the idea of it as a movie, with some refinement.

69 Days to a Better Body

8330_s.gif

Well, I think the "have a bunch of Aztecs or whatever killed" seems rather un-Doctorish. I suspect there would be some less lethal way of neutralizing the threat.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I have a rather complex idea for a movie plot involving the Eighth Doctor and the Time War and Gallifrey's destruction but I'm too lazy to type it up now.EDIT: okay my sig is showing McGann's face now this is the second time in this topic it shows the Doctor I just posted about I think my sig is gaining sentience help

Edited by Lhikevikk Returns!
bug_animated.gif

True, well, I'm not sure if they died or not. Perhaps you're right and the Ood just stunned them unconcious. Mind you, I was the 'woman' (well, not a woman, but...I was the partner, basically!) in the dream, but I don't think I was very interested in checking to see if they were dead or not.So yeah, forget dead and change it for stunned.

69 Days to a Better Body

8330_s.gif