Kranuaka, The Half Beast Half Darkness

flameman

as you can read in the title, i meant this creature to be some sort of half beast half darkness based creature, dunno where the idea come from, it just popped in my head :Pkranuaka.jpg_thumb.jpgGallery here,any comments and/or criticism are welcomed :biggrin:Edit: Image thumbnailed due to file size. Please keep posted images in BBC to 100 kB.Click on the thumbnail to view the original image.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

It's really well done, I like the masks/heads being used as armor. Only flaws I can see is that on the white side there's a pin sticking out on the lower leg, on what I believe is a piraka skull, and That it really doesn't seem to have a head. Otherwise this is cool, and a better executed split-side concept than that atrocity Split-face.

I really like this. Asymmetry can make or break any MOC that contains it as a defining feature, and this makes it. I also applaud you for the use of three of the hardest heads to utilize in MOCs. In the case of the Mantax head, the tentacle texture flows well with the rest of that section.One of the hardest things to build when dealing with bi-colored asymmetrical MOCs, such as this one, is how to deal with the torso. I like the use of the gunmetal there, as it's kind of a medium between the achromatic left and right halves. Ideally, there would be a better color to use there, as the gunmetal is a little on the dark side, but I don't think LEGO's going to come up with a metallic gray anytime soon. It'd be too close to gunmetal anyway.I would love to see a bigger head. Right now ... it's a little skimpy, and thus not very menacing. It doesn't have to be too much bigger, but something bigger than the current would be ideal.You did a good job on the color layering for each side, except for the upper white leg - the upper portion of that (near to where it connects to the hip) has a little too much black. (Also, from some angles, the Nuju Hordika head looks like a bulging and demented kneecap ... not sure what you could do about that, though.)The black elbow is lacking in something. It just seems a little thin next to the menacing bulk of the rest of the arm. If possible, you might want to take a second look at the weapon, which I would suggest replacing with a larger tool. Maybe a Keerakh staff?

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It's really well done, I like the masks/heads being used as armor. Only flaws I can see is that on the white side there's a pin sticking out on the lower leg, on what I believe is a piraka skull, and That it really doesn't seem to have a head. Otherwise this is cool, and a better executed split-side concept than that atrocity Split-face.

thanks, i got the inspiration of using that nuju hordika mask from karzahni set, and yes it's a piraka head, i couldn't find any more 2 sized axle piece, so i just used some longer one, resulting a bit of it to stick out, about the head here's a clearer image of the head, the my photograph screwed with the lighting make it hard to notice, thanks anyway :D

Good job here.I like the incorperation of masks into the design. 9/10

thanks a lot :D

I really like this. Asymmetry can make or break any MOC that contains it as a defining feature, and this makes it. I also applaud you for the use of three of the hardest heads to utilize in MOCs. In the case of the Mantax head, the tentacle texture flows well with the rest of that section.One of the hardest things to build when dealing with bi-colored asymmetrical MOCs, such as this one, is how to deal with the torso. I like the use of the gunmetal there, as it's kind of a medium between the achromatic left and right halves. Ideally, there would be a better color to use there, as the gunmetal is a little on the dark side, but I don't think LEGO's going to come up with a metallic gray anytime soon. It'd be too close to gunmetal anyway.I would love to see a bigger head. Right now ... it's a little skimpy, and thus not very menacing. It doesn't have to be too much bigger, but something bigger than the current would be ideal.You did a good job on the color layering for each side, except for the upper white leg - the upper portion of that (near to where it connects to the hip) has a little too much black. (Also, from some angles, the Nuju Hordika head looks like a bulging and demented kneecap ... not sure what you could do about that, though.)The black elbow is lacking in something. It just seems a little thin next to the menacing bulk of the rest of the arm. If possible, you might want to take a second look at the weapon, which I would suggest replacing with a larger tool. Maybe a Keerakh staff?

thanks, assymetrical MOC is handy when you only have one part to make something that you should actually need two, in my case it's that mantax head and nuju's mask (both hordika and metru :P)when i start making it i was thinking white for the right side, silver in the middle, and black for the left side, but apparently black isn't enough for the left side, so i added some silver and use gunmetal for the middle instead, adn about the head i'll try improving it laterabout that weapon, i wasn't also really sure about that blade, but i don't have keerakh, thanks anyway

WOW! This is a smooth transition to each half, since the left is white, the right is black, and the middle is gray. Also, the pieces are well balanced to make something I call asymmetrical symmetry. 9/10, only because it could use something to make it cooler...like an epic head.

tnanks, the middle is gunmetal actually, and i tried to use my existing gummetal parts to make head

It's an interesting MOC, with the design that features in one of the newest HF sets, I guess you got inspired by it? Color scheme is simple and old like the world, but it's still a good one. Weapons have a brutal look and right leg seems really beast-shaped. The left one is too poor, I think. But that's always a good job!9/10----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

It's an interesting MOC, with the design that features in one of the newest HF sets, I guess you got inspired by it? Color scheme is simple and old like the world, but it's still a good one. Weapons have a brutal look and right leg seems really beast-shaped. The left one is too poor, I think. But that's always a good job!9/10----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

i'm not really 'inspired' by the new HF design, i just tried to use those HF parts as good as i can, as for the left foot i tried to make it looks like a monster legs, with claw and stuffs, thanks anyway :)

For some reason I really love the big tentacle. Anyway, I love half-and-half MOCs like this. You did it really well, keeping the same basic shape but giving each its own cool flair. The feet in particular are awsome, although the dark one could flow better. May I suggest a Mantax foot-like shape? If you have the pieces to make the black bits on the white side light grey or another color, that would be good, but your parts may not allow it. Wonderful creation!

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

For some reason I really love the big tentacle. Anyway, I love half-and-half MOCs like this. You did it really well, keeping the same basic shape but giving each its own cool flair. The feet in particular are awsome, although the dark one could flow better. May I suggest a Mantax foot-like shape? If you have the pieces to make the black bits on the white side light grey or another color, that would be good, but your parts may not allow it. Wonderful creation!

Thanks, as i said above, half and half MOC is good when you're lacking of symetrical parts :PMy mantax feet were still used in my other MOC when i made this so i decide to make costum feet, thanks anyway :) Edited by flameman