Ultimate Set Checklist

Ektris

Some of you may remember that a number of years ago, making BIONICLE checklists was all the rage. Interest obviously waned not longer after the initial surge, because nobody ever made checklists for the final years of the line.I'm working on completing my collection right now, and I've found in collecting S.H. Figuarts that a checklist of your haves and wants is incredibly useful. So I decided to make a comprehensive BIONICLE checklist, complete with every set from every year - no promotional sets are even left off. (Though it is not a collectibles list, so I did exclude those.) And now I'd like to share it with all of you:UPDATE: I'm now working on individual collectible lists! Available now is the Krana list.

(CLICK the images for the full versions.)

checklist_sets_small.jpg

checklist_krana_small.jpg

checklist_kanohi_small.jpg

It's really easy to use too; anybody should be able to do it. All you have to do is select the color you need from the index and fill in the squares. It's as simple as that. Here's my set, Kanohi, and Krana lists as examples.So, please, tell me what you all think. :)~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Wow, this is incredibly helpful. Thanks. The only problem that I have is that it can be a bit difficult to tell where one year begins or another continues (especially looking around the middle of the list with the year markers obscured). That's obviously simple enough for the dedicated fan, but it's a bit straining to weed through by year when one is less familiar with the sets (as I am with the sets from 2003 to 2005). If you were to box in each separate year of sets, that would be quite useful.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

My only beef is that it's a little small. Other than that, I think you did an absolute bang-up job on this.The year-by-year categories seemed a little helter-skelter to me before I figured out the (completely logical) system. Really nice.(I have to second Dorek's inquiry on what "grail" means.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The only problem that I have is that it can be a bit difficult to tell where one year begins or another continues (especially looking around the middle of the list with the year markers obscured). That's obviously simple enough for the dedicated fan, but it's a bit straining to weed through by year when one is less familiar with the sets (as I am with the sets from 2003 to 2005). If you were to box in each separate year of sets, that would be quite useful.

That's certainly something I could do. Leaving out borders worked fine until I got to 2006, where the large number of promotional sets just messes everything up... But I can see how it'll help. It's on the list to fix.

Also, thinking of including combiners in there at some point?

Only if they were released as stand-alone sets, like Takutanuva, but then those are already on there. Perhaps it could be an add-on at the bottom, but they don't really fit in with the rest because you can't just buy that.

My only beef is that it's a little small. Other than that, I think you did an absolute bang-up job on this.The year-by-year categories seemed a little helter-skelter to me before I figured out the (completely logical) system. Really nice.

Small? You did click for the full version, right? :P Because if so, well... With such a large number of sets, would you really want one bigger? Even just a little change will cause a ripple effect that drastically increases the list's size. Part of being a good checklist is ease of use, and a bigger one can be more annoying to use.And I know you said you figured it out, but what at first made it seem helter-skelter?And come oooon guys, I even made a topic about holy grails before. :P It's on here for two reasons... One, as a leftover from the base I used (the Figuarts list) and two because I think it's a good way of noting "I don't just want this, I NEED this." Different levels of "want."~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

I suppose I just couldn't distinguish between something that you really really super want (your definition) or something that actually own that you consider the crown jewel of your collection, or what have you XP. Good to keep in mind.

I do suppose it could mean that too. :P I hadn't thought of that. If it's confusing, I can just scrap it.

Oh man, clearly you're missing this dude. Because clearly that's the most important thing I have to point out.Otherwise I like how this one works. Also good for reminding me about some of those rare sets, like the large containers of pieces and such.signoff.png

Oh noooo! :o How ever did I forget that guy!? And how ever did you remember about him!? Haha thanks, though.I was honestly surprised by how many different (yet really very similar...) piece containers there were. I hadn't realized it at all since I never once saw one. I was pleasantly surprised by a good number of things while making this.

What a thing, using it I realise I have 82 sets. Which is a lot more than I expected. And doesn't include a single Mctoran. Which is disappointing.

No McToran? That is disappointing. I just got 5 of mine a few months ago... Still loads of fun.Glad to see people like it. :D I've gone and made a second version HERE based on some of the feedback. If you guys like the borders, then I'll update the original post with this as the new main form.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

The borders are quite helpful, especially where it had been previously hardest to differentiate between years. My only other recommendation would be that it may be helpful to add something (say, another color) for noting of which sets one has duplicates.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

This is awesome, but I don't think the part bin should be considered a set, because it is made as an extra for MOC making; even so I think this is a great idea for those who want to complete their colection

If you want to spare some time and take a look to my colection then visit this link, if you dont want, well...you just lost a good opurtunity to compare collections and laugh at mine (or cry if you want).

qs102492.jpg

The borders are quite helpful, especially where it had been previously hardest to differentiate between years. My only other recommendation would be that it may be helpful to add something (say, another color) for noting of which sets one has duplicates.~ BioGio

As one who doesn't do that, I hadn't thought of it... But I know a lot of people have done it. Yeah, that's a really simple thing to add. And just because everybody seems to love it, why not... Purple? :P

This is awesome, but I don't think the part bin should be considered a set, because it is made as an extra for MOC making; even so I think this is a great idea for those who want to complete their colection

I see where you're coming from, but they do have their own ID numbers and it's not like it was a one-off thing given how many of them there are. Parts buckets weren't anything new to LEGO, though, and still count as sets to them, so here they are.So the updated version will be put into the main post tonight as soon as Majhost fixes itself, then, with the addition of a color for indicating you own multiples.~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

0_0 I found out I had 106 sets... that is way more than I thought. thanks for putting this up.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Thanks, guys. ^_^If you used the checklist, I'd love to see them haha.I've been toying with making ones for collectibles now. Anyone want to see that? I know Krana and Krana-Kal would be easy, but for a lot of the masks I'm having a hard time finding good pictures...~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

wow that is an amazing check list. i'm glad that you made this because i know it will definitely help me with rebuilding my collection

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well done, ET. Quite interesting, I might use it. ^^

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

82 sets. Woohoo. :P...Thought I had over 100, but whatever. :PVery helpful and organized! Liked all the colors.

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

Glad to see it being used. ^_^ And that a lot of us still have quite a few sets it seems haha.Work on the Krana and Kanohi checklists is underway. The Krana list is nearly done, I just need to wait on some more images to (hopefully soon) become available on BS01 to finish it off. The Kanohi one is proving to be a bit more of a hassle in finding good, quality pictures for many of the masks. Basically I'm being picky and want things done I can't do myself due to not having the right image editing program. But it's gettering there!~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Glad to see it being used. ^_^ And that a lot of us still have quite a few sets it seems haha.Work on the Krana and Kanohi checklists is underway. The Krana list is nearly done, I just need to wait on some more images to (hopefully soon) become available on BS01 to finish it off. The Kanohi one is proving to be a bit more of a hassle in finding good, quality pictures for many of the masks. Basically I'm being picky and want things done I can't do myself due to not having the right image editing program. But it's gettering there!~|ET|~

I can take a few pictures for you. Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

And the Krana checklist is done!checklist_krana_small.jpgI wish I had found better images for the gray plastic Krana, but those ones were tough.I still plan on Kanohi to be next, but that one might take a bit more time.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. This is really cool. Could you make one for all the Kanohi?

Oh thank goodness somebody replied so I can post an update.Yes! I'm making a comprehensive Kanohi list, and have been since the Krana one was completed. I just need a few of the Kanohi Nuva fixed up a bit to finish it off.~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

I already had a running tally on my Brickset, but thanks for this. It's really useful!By the way, according to Brickset, Aanchir, Lyichir, and I own 229 of 280 total BIONICLE sets (because I keep track of all of our sets on one Brickset account), which is approximately 86% of the theme.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

What's that last 2001 set you've got listed there? That gray box?

That's the Bionicle Power Pack, which contained a Chrome Hau, a Hafu set, a CD, and a bamboo disk.~B~
So that's where that chrome Hau I own came from... That was helpful. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you change the colors? I can't seem to figure it out :(

You'll have to download the file first of all. (I can assure you, it won't give your computer any malware or viruses.) Then, just open an image-editing program (such as Microsoft Paint).If you're using Microsoft Paint, follow these instructions: Use the "select" ("eyedropper") tool to select the color you want (by clicking on the color as it appears in the original image); after that, use the "fill" tool to color in the squares (by clicking on the square that you want to fill). Click here for a little walkthrough that I threw together. In this example, I'm filling in that I own Pahrak. (Warning: It might take a little while to load, since I'm lazy and left it with a filesize of 552 KB.)Just ask about another program if you'd like some help with that (but PM someone rather than posting in the topic).Of course, you could also print off the checklist, but that would probably be too much hassle.~ BioGio