6900508521_3f80ff5535.jpg

Welcome to the surgery.

Terribly sorry for being inactive lately, I was kinda, y'know, in Nepal and stuff. But hey, here's something new and shiny to look at! It's surprisingly poseable for only using 3 ball-joints, but is barely stable and keeps falling flat on its face. It's a tough life.

Also, note on its right arm: I couldn't find another black (OO) piece, so WHOOPDEEDOO, there's a blue pin there. Deal with it.

C&C appreciated, folks.

-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

*GASP* BLUE PINS!!!! It's not noticeable. Nice moc! The "head" is very nicely done; creative use of the Metru torso and the HF armor. The arms are nice as well, but I don't understand the concept of two identical arms. If you're performing surgery, don't you want diverse tools? I mean, human surgeons can get away with it because they have hands that can grip different tools, but this mechanical surgeon shouldn't be able to do that, should it? Maybe a multi tool would be better. Like a tool with different attachments. But anyways. The legs are a bit skimpy, but add to the overall creepy look your Moc generates. Great job!!

Awesomeness

The whole MOC is beautifully built, yet kinda creepy, with a nice colour scheme, the blue pin I did not notice until you mentioned it, and even then I had to look closely for it. I like his head with the little propellor on top, as well as the Bohrok shields and tubes used to attach the arms. The truth is, there is nothing here that I do not like, 10/10

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

Good to see you back around, Felix! :happy:The only issue I can find with it is that the middle of the torso is a little too thin. Bulking it out by perhaps a stud would make this MOC pretty close to perfect.I love the mix of organic and mechanical styles you've got here. The legs flow pretty well (aside from their connection point, but that's minor), and the way the arms are attached is very creative - I don't think I've ever seen Mahri tubes used like that, so props.(Now that I'm looking for it, the elbows look a little blocky. I'm not sure what you could do to resolve that without altering their construction, so it's a good thing that it, too, is a minor issue.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Very nice Felix!The shaping is what I think really stands out on this. The legs, body, and whatnot. The legs are a great Idea. The feet fit very nicely too! The hips seem a bit wide, but I wouldn't sweat it. The body has a real nice shape to it, but the back seems a bit hollow, though I'm at a loss as to how to fix that. The arms seem to be nothing special, but in a good fashion. One thing I think that might have worked is giving his shoulders a bit more bulk, something like this (of course on a smaller scale :P). The connection of the arms, I must say is something I haven't seen before. Great look, but I could imagine the limit in posability.Really diggin' this Felix http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

Marvelous.The simple legs and feet work wonders on the MOC, as well as the ingenious claws and flowing shoulders. The eye is amazing, and the upper torso has no gaps as far as I can see. The ONLY problem is the waist, which looks a bit skinny. However, I can see if you were going for the same feel as the legs.Now you have to make the patient.

Simply scary. And perfect.Just, those legs. Now I can understand why it's barely stable...The other parts are very good, especially the arms, I can hear them snapping!9.5/10P.S.: if all of your MOCs is like this, I just should be starting following you her on BZP!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

It's cute, in a weird sort of way. Kind of looks like something out of Portal.As for the design, It looks simplistic and streamlined at first, but as you study it closely, the complexity starts to show more and more, which is an aspect LOVE in MOCs when it can be pulled off properly. And as for the balance issue, it looks like that if the hips were drawn forward just a tiny bit, (like... half an axle size longer at the base of the legs, give or take?) it should be a bit more stable, but I'm just eyeballing here. Overall, I have no issues with it. Nice work.

VOTE BAHRAG!

Tahu: "Who exactly are you?"

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

Mata Nui: "..."

My Current MOCs: -Kervahnka-, -Gatling Gun-, -Jetbug 2.0-

Credit to ~ProtoSmith~ for the avatar.

This is just ... astounding. It is a beautiful assembly of Bionicle, Technic, System, and even a bit of HF (which is always the right amount). Ingenious designs by the way. However, the arms lack the flow that the legs have - maybe use some more tail ends? The elbow right now is very blocky. I don't deal with such thin joints, all I can suggest is use system bars and hole/clip thingies. Overall, this is a truly impressive MOC.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

• 2 weeks later...

Great legs bro! And welcome back! Nice shaping here, love his red eye. you should build the another one, but in different color, or unit shape :biggrin:

Cheers bro! I'd love to build more, but I'm afraid none of them would turn out nearly as good as this one.

Epicly creepy. Imagine walking into a hospital, dimly lit, to get your surgery. And that guy walks up you you slowly. "Hello. I'm going to cut you open."

Thanks! Lol, I guess it is kinda creepy.

*GASP* BLUE PINS!!!! It's not noticeable. Nice moc!The "head" is very nicely done; creative use of the Metru torso and the HF armor. The arms are nice as well, but I don't understand the concept of two identical arms. If you're performing surgery, don't you want diverse tools? I mean, human surgeons can get away with it because they have hands that can grip different tools, but this mechanical surgeon shouldn't be able to do that, should it? Maybe a multi tool would be better. Like a tool with different attachments. But anyways. The legs are a bit skimpy, but add to the overall creepy look your Moc generates. Great job!!

Thankyou :) Well, I did at first give it multiple tools (in fact I even considered giving it way more arms to hold different tools) but in the end the simplicity won me over. Besides, it's not meant to be a real 'surgeon', just that the name implies that it's probably good at cutting people open.

The whole MOC is beautifully built, yet kinda creepy, with a nice colour scheme, the blue pin I did not notice until you mentioned it, and even then I had to look closely for it. I like his head with the little propellor on top, as well as the Bohrok shields and tubes used to attach the arms. The truth is, there is nothing here that I do not like, 10/10

Thankyou sir! To be honest this is one of the rare times where I'll use just a simple black and silver colour scheme, so I'm glad it worked out.

It's such a great MOC. The torso part is well built and the legs are nicely designed.

Cheers! The legs are reallly unstable though :P

Good to see you back around, Felix! ^_^The only issue I can find with it is that the middle of the torso is a little too thin. Bulking it out by perhaps a stud would make this MOC pretty close to perfect.I love the mix of organic and mechanical styles you've got here. The legs flow pretty well (aside from their connection point, but that's minor), and the way the arms are attached is very creative - I don't think I've ever seen Mahri tubes used like that, so props.(Now that I'm looking for it, the elbows look a little blocky. I'm not sure what you could do to resolve that without altering their construction, so it's a good thing that it, too, is a minor issue.)

Aww, did you miss me, Sumiks? ;-;Hmm, in regard to the middle of the torso, I find that the skinniness adds to its 'unnatural' feel, sort of like a robotic spine. But I'll totally agree with you on the elbow connection, I hate that bit too. I did have a solution planned out for it, but then I couldn't find the pieces to actually do it...Thanks man!

...That's just creepy.The moc is a amazing blend of organic shapes and mechanical textures, giving off a futuristic yet retro look. In other words, a timeless look. The color scheme I must say amazed me with it's simplicity.Another amazing moc, Felix.

Thankyou! Come to think of it, I understand what you mean about the timeless look... maybe it's the little propellor on top?

Very nice Felix!The shaping is what I think really stands out on this. The legs, body, and whatnot. The legs are a great Idea. The feet fit very nicely too! The hips seem a bit wide, but I wouldn't sweat it. The body has a real nice shape to it, but the back seems a bit hollow, though I'm at a loss as to how to fix that. The arms seem to be nothing special, but in a good fashion. One thing I think that might have worked is giving his shoulders a bit more bulk, something like this (of course on a smaller scale :P). The connection of the arms, I must say is something I haven't seen before. Great look, but I could imagine the limit in posability.Really diggin' this Felix http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Thanks Daiks! Yeah, you're right about the back, although I did try to cover it up with a few bohrok eyes (nothing else could actually fit in there ;-;). I'm not sure that the shoulder idea would work, as I feel that having thin arms and shoulders is a nice contrast to the rather bulky body shape. Yep, you're right, the arm connection does limit posability.

I don't think I would trust that creepy thing poking inside my guts, but anyways, the claws look functional for slicing PEOPLE open, but not exactly good for delicate surgery. Brutal murder, maybe. But not surgery. I'd suggest replacing the other claw with something smaller.

Thanks. Yeah, the title 'The Surgeon' wasn't meant to imply that he actually does surgery, just is good at slicing people open.

Marvelous.The simple legs and feet work wonders on the MOC, as well as the ingenious claws and flowing shoulders. The eye is amazing, and the upper torso has no gaps as far as I can see. The ONLY problem is the waist, which looks a bit skinny. However, I can see if you were going for the same feel as the legs.Now you have to make the patient.

Thanks Paleo :) Yeah, I was kinda going for the same skinny feel on the waist as on the legs, which sort of explains it.

Wow, that is just incredible. The flow, the ingenuity, the color ... nothing to criticize. Excellently done!

Thankyou! :)

The Surgeon looks very sleek and flowing in the structure and colors. The chest especially is really nice.But the legs seem very delicate on it.

Thanks Akuna! Well, the legs were to create the creepy vibe (apparently spindly stuff is creepy nowadays :P).

Simply scary. And perfect.Just, those legs. Now I can understand why it's barely stable...The other parts are very good, especially the arms, I can hear them snapping!9.5/10P.S.: if all of your MOCs is like this, I just should be starting following you her on BZP!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Thanks :) Haha yeah, the legs make it a real pain to stand, especially on a windy day...Also, not all of my MOCs are like this, but most of them tend to be quirky in some way. If you want to check out the rest of my stuff, feel free to look through my Flickr Gallery: link

It's cute, in a weird sort of way. Kind of looks like something out of Portal.As for the design, It looks simplistic and streamlined at first, but as you study it closely, the complexity starts to show more and more, which is an aspect LOVE in MOCs when it can be pulled off properly. And as for the balance issue, it looks like that if the hips were drawn forward just a tiny bit, (like... half an axle size longer at the base of the legs, give or take?) it should be a bit more stable, but I'm just eyeballing here. Overall, I have no issues with it. Nice work.

Cheers :) You might be right about the balance thingo, but I'm really not sure that I'd want to bring the hips forward.

This is just ... astounding. It is a beautiful assembly of Bionicle, Technic, System, and even a bit of HF (which is always the right amount). Ingenious designs by the way. However, the arms lack the flow that the legs have - maybe use some more tail ends? The elbow right now is very blocky. I don't deal with such thin joints, all I can suggest is use system bars and hole/clip thingies. Overall, this is a truly impressive MOC.a_peace.png

Thanks man :) You picked up on the one detail that I despise >.< Yeah, I had a solution for the arms to make them less blocky, but then couldn't find the right pieces for it D:Thankyou everyone for your kind words!-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

I particularly like the claws, very clever use of the minifig hands. One suggestion would be to change the elbow joints - the system plates really stick out to me, everything else is so smooth and curved. This would make a great diorama if you made a few more MOCs to go with it.

Exceedingly Good Cakes :: Supremely Magical

2009_banner.jpg

:: Blog :: Brickshelf ::