Ga-Koro Built In Minecraft

Steelsheen

My sister, Name Unavailable and I worked on this project together; all in all, it probably took us four hours with both of us building. We tried to make sure everything matched with canon, specifically with MNOLG2. And yes, all the building are floating. :)ShipyardNixie's hutHahli's hutNokama's hutShasa's loomOnu-matoran tentsGa-koro gateVillage overview 1Village overview 2All links are to photobucket.com.-HH

Edited by Hahli Historian

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

It looks accurate to me, but there are a few things I would fix if you're going for perfect accuracy. The walkways between pads should be a bit longer, for one. I'd also suggest making the huts more domelike rather than rectangular, and change the glass bits in Nokama's hut to just empty spaces. Lastly, the pads could be elevated maybe one block above the water--in MNOG2, there were these sort of masses of vines underneat the pads, which you could make using light green wool overlaid with vines.However, this is already very accurate, and an impressive feat of Minecraft building. Nice work!

It looks accurate to me, but there are a few things I would fix if you're going for perfect accuracy. The walkways between pads should be a bit longer, for one. I'd also suggest making the huts more domelike rather than rectangular, and change the glass bits in Nokama's hut to just empty spaces. Lastly, the pads could be elevated maybe one block above the water--in MNOG2, there were these sort of masses of vines underneat the pads, which you could make using light green wool overlaid with vines.

You're absolutely right about the walkways; I did try to make the huts more spherical, but they then had to be so large, it was ridiculous. The huts in the game are small and barely hold the matoran's personal possesions. So Name Unavailable and I sacrificed roundness for believability. And we tried it without the glass in the windows, but we agreed it just looked like the wall was missing bricks - excuse me, blocks. So used to Lego Bricks... :P As to your last suggestion, the green wool we could do, but they don't yet have vines in the pocket edition, and this was made before the update. Thanks for all the feedback and ideas!

while this is really nice, i'm surprised you made this in pocket edition. making it on the desktop version of minecraft would yield much better results.

Well, yes, that's definitely true, but I don't have an actual computer, so PE was really my only option. *shrug* Someday, we'll get the full version on a desktop and make it 100% accurate. :)Thanks for the feedback, guys!-HH

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1