• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Toy Fair 2012: Friends and Games

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 937 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2012 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image
Since we missed out on coverage over the weekend, I decided to do a double-dose of Toy Fair pictures today. You said you wanted some Friends, so we delivered. To round things out, I also took a look at the board games that are in store. Read on to check out what LEGO is doing in 2012 for these lines.

View the full article

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,916 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 20 2012 - 08:39 PM

These new colors look very nice - heck, the entire line looks splendid. I think LEGO did a great job with the design of these sets, and now we can only hope for them to sell well.I want a LEGO hedgehog.

rotr_banner.png

#3 Online xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,377 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 20 2012 - 08:43 PM

Okay, the Hobbit game is news to me. That sounds like it'll be the coolest. Shame they didn't have the Hoth game out.Lots of nifty Friends sets too. Might pick up a few more of the cheaper ones for the colors, ext.Thanks for sharing more picts Andrew. :D:music:

b-bolin-02.jpg

#4 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Fact Team Member

• 11,476 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 01:02 AM

The Hobbit game looks intriguing...Although Creationary is an older board game, I am still interested in purchasing it one day.

jlovfkk.jpg

#5 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 12,839 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 06:47 AM

Man Friends is cool I don't care what anyone says. I just wish the figs were the same height as a Minifig.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

#6 Online CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,163 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 07:42 AM

My goodness me! They're doing a whole game based on The Hobbit!? I wonder how it'll work.

~ CHTrilogy

whoa.png

#7 Offline Toa of Nerds

Toa of Nerds
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,488 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 08:53 AM

Say what you want about Friends, but you could real value if you buy them. For only $20 you can get a decent set (or two!). What will $20 get in you in LotR or Star Wars sets? Not much.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Kicking the Bucket (archived)

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)
Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!
Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

Posted Image

#8 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,062 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 11:05 AM

Friends sets look cool, but I won't be buying them. The games also look pretty neat.

#9 Offline GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 914 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 01:07 PM

Friends is looking btter and better for me. Oh, what splendid pieces! I may pick up a small set sometime.
Posted Image
Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

#10 Offline TuragaNuva

TuragaNuva
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 379 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 05:57 PM

The Friends sets, as always, look great. However, why are the pictures sorted by price/size, as opposed to release date (Summer/Winter)? And on a related note: are there going to be more Summer Friends sets than the ones pictured? Because there are way fewer sets there that haven't come out than have: I only counted 5 Friends sets (plus the advent calendar) that haven't been released yet.-:t::n:

#11 Offline Damaracx The Mad Scientist

Damaracx The Mad Scientist
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,851 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2012 - 03:27 PM

Wow everyone seems to like the LEGO friends pieces very unsuspecting.

Edited by TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 2.0, Mar 21 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#12 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 796 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2012 - 10:26 AM

i look forward to the new heroica set.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui

crocs.jpg

Come see my chima tribe banners here: http://www.bzpower.c...-chima-banners/