• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Set Review: 30057 Anakin's Podracer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,150 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2012 - 09:46 PM

Posted Image
There are big sets and small sets, but it takes a certain touch to make a mini-set. LEGO certainly enjoys doing that with the Star Wars line however, paying attention to detail with the galaxy's coolest ships and vehicles. One such set released this year is 30057 Anakin's Podracer, which makes good use of some nice pieces. Read on to see just what this set offers.

View the full article

#2 Offline Hakann-The Bully

Hakann-The Bully
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 436 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 01:56 AM

Hey, the price isn't bad! Seeing the new mini sets for SW are priced at $10, paying $5 for just the vehicle seems rather fair.Only if they had this in New Zealand... :/

Posted Image
Stalwart Defender now, took me long enough XD

#3 Offline GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 914 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 03:20 AM

This looks like a good piece pack. Will I purchase this anytime soon? Hopefully.
Posted Image
Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

#4 Offline Devorath

Devorath
  • Members
  • Toa

• 182 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hey, the price isn't bad! Seeing the new mini sets for SW are priced at $10, paying $5 for just the vehicle seems rather fair.Only if they had this in New Zealand... :/

Another person that lives in New Zealand? :complete surprise at the thought you are not the only Lego Nerd in New Zealand: Auckland should have one, I moved up from Dunedin in early Janurary and was surprised to find no Lego Store/Toys r' us in Auckland. Atleast we get Store Exclusive Sets everywhere.EDIT: What do you mean my emoticon doesn't work? It does! :Annoyance at anyone who thinks these emoticons do not work:

Edited by SillyCordak, Feb 21 2012 - 04:54 AM.

DevBannerwithInterests.png

#5 Offline Veon

Veon
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 872 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 05:05 PM

Personally, I like how the mini podracers give you purple lightsaber blades... Buy this and Sebulba's podracer, and there's three Jedi with purple lightsabers right there! :D
Please search
AppleTStudios
=)
Also, if you have Xbox Live, I'll be playing Halo: Reach when it comes out so if you wanna play just send an invite to ATS Tony. I'm a fun person to play games with, especially if you like to just run around being random and funny =)

If you wish to contact me (the Goodbye topic is closed) then please do so through the information I have listed on my profile. Thank you =)

#6 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,778 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 06:04 PM

Personally, I like how the mini podracers give you purple lightsaber blades... Buy this and Sebulba's podracer, and there's three Jedi with purple lightsabers right there! :biggrin:

They are actually pink. That being said, getting tons of pink lightsaber blades is also awesome.-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#7 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,271 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 06:47 PM

Interesting review. A nice parts pack, I guess, but I think my money is best spent on larger sets. The smaller the set, the worse the parts-to-price ratio, usually. Maybe if I was a Star Wars fan I'd track it down.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#8 Offline CrasherDasher

CrasherDasher
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 24 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 07:42 PM

Interesting. I love mini sets, and Episod I was my faforite movie... I might have to pick these sets up. :headbonk: That's gotta be the best emoticon ever.

#9 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,823 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 09:49 PM

I would love to see how a minifig would drive one of these mini pod-racers. :PAnyway, this set looks really nice. Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users