Thanks all. To Captain Viridian: After the Technic and system pieces were set, I glued the connection points (except the hair parts) and used a dremel tool to drill/melt a hole through the last two points. The very last already had a rod hole though the center, so it was just the studs that needed drilling. The middle hole was made though studs and an axle (and part of a perpendicular connector). Afterwards, blue rods were cut, sanded, and polished for each of the three holes (the first, by the way, already existing even in the original head design). And voila, light could refract though said holes!Please do share your idea for the jaw!a_peace.png

I'll upload pictures as soon as I get home.E: Didn't work out quite as I planned... But maybe that's just the one part that was fine as it is. Oh well.Anyway, so... you took Technic lightsaber rods and cut them into small studs to fit into the ends of the chains? Or do the rods go all the way through the head, and you cut them to be flush with the studs?--untitled.png Edited by Captain Viridian

banner.jpg

I actually attempted the former of your ideas, but that way the first rod "glowed" blue but the others were dark and dull (being just bits of rod with no opposite light source). So I drilled and performed the latter of your options, i.e. making the rods go all the way through and nearly flush with the chain studs. a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Well, I for one love the feet. They seem combatative, and emphasize that Roodaka was always a "hands-on" overlord. Sigh.... She always was one of my favorite BIONICLE villain. The silver tubing goes really well with the roborider heads on the arms and legs. The only real weak point to me is the hands. The fingers could be changed a little, though I'm not sure how. Excellent work through and through.

"Regardless of your emotional connection to your so-called 'deity,' the continued imprisonment of the entity known as Pandorym is a breach of contract.

Pandorym deserves release."

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

Join the space police today.

If you hate false links, click here

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/5127 Not mine, support it so I can buy these sets.

Thanks all. To The CryoMancer - yeah, I think the feet are fairly good as they are, yet I too find a problem with the hands. I tried more dainty and pointed fingers, but it just didn't work with the feet. I'm going to try skeleton minifig arms as fingers next, and thin/point the feet. Whatever I do, the feet and hands must stay consistent. a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

• 1 year later...

oh dear.

this is the best reindition of roodaka that i have ever seen.

i like the use of these chain pieces for the hair.

its not movie accurate for the back, and thats a good thing!

i will be using some of that on my roodaka i think, the head itself is done already, and its not using a vahki head!

i myself are not a customize-hater, i do that myself and its totally ok if its for a moc like THAT!

im sculpting iwht miliput too, but never tried a kanohi.

greetings from germany, this is my first post ever!

-ruben! ^_^