On Making A Toa

So this theory came about when I was wondering how a sixth of a toa's power could become a full supply of toa power. I came up with this. Inside of matoran destined to be toa, there is a small chamber with a full supply of toa power. This chamber is made of a substance harder than protosteel, and can only be broken by toa power channeled through a suva, kanohi, or other channeling device.This explains why helryx was able to allow krakua to fulfull his destiny early, but not just some random matoran loyal to the order. Only matoran destined by the great being would have these chambers.I also propose that these chambers also contain mutigins of the same type the makuta use. These mutigins would transform the matoran into a toa.This is not as far-fetched as you might think. The great beings often reused stuff, including built in rohtuka spinners, and kanohi. The toa power is seperate from the size increase, as in the melding universe, the toa were the size of matoran, but had full toa power.The mutagins also tie into the last part of my theory. When a toa sacrifices their toa power, I think that their body then cleans out the virus's which causes the toa to revert to a matoran like state. But virus residue results in the turaga to be a little bigger than a matoran, and their minds are still mostly as it was as a toa, allowing use of noble masks.This makes sence because essecially, the only real difference other than mask use between a matoran and turaga, is the wisdom accumulated from time as a toa. The only time we see turaga as being significantly bigger than matoran was in 2001, and those matoran had been shrunken by the matoran spheres.Summery:My theory is that matoran destined to become toa have a small chamber inside them, harder than protosteel, that can only be broken with toa energy. The power in the toa stone is channeled through the shrine or mask, and breaks open this chamber. It contains a full amount of toa energy, and mutagenic viruses (like the makuta use) that change the shape of the matoran to a toa. When a toa becomes a turaga, they loose all their toa energy and virus, reverting them to a matoran like state (seriously, they are the same size as matoran), but the power residue and mental capacitys stay, allowing useage of noble masks.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

Hmm I was always under the impression that Toa Power was simply energy. Oh, and I don't think its just destined Matoran that have, as you propose, a chamber of Toa Power- all Matoran have the potential to become Toa, but only a few actually become Toa.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Turaga are naturally bigger than matoran, always. The only reason they seem the same height is because of the sets. Even as non-shrunken matoran, the Turaga would have been slighter larger in stature.Either way, I like the virus idea, more so because it really makes sense. I'm not exactly sure about the chamber inside matoran, though that doesn't mean it's not plausible.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

bonesiii_gold_key_to_nongu_award.png

Disclaimer: The Gold Key to Nongu Award does not certify theory accuracy. The sponsor of the Gold Key to Nongu Award does not neccessarily endorse and/or oppose said theory. The sponsor of the Gold Key to Nongu Award remains ignorant of the exact meaning of the word "Nongu." The originator of the term "Nongu" may or may not be insane. Not available in some domes, void where prohibited.As I said when you first posted the short version of this as a possible answer to this topic, this is sheer brilliance! I never would have thought of this, and it explains perfectly the apparent math discrepency of one-sixth becoming one in terms of Toa energy. I was actually thinking about that last week, trying to make sense of that math, and although there's several possibilities that involve drawing in more from a storage place by some triggering energy, I couldn't figure out where this would be (unless it just be chalked up to another power of protodermis).This is the first theory I recall ever seeing that proposes a significant physical difference between Matoran destined to be Toa and those not. In our discussions before we tend to assume it's some vague destiny thing or perhaps a genetic code thing, but this makes the difference tangible, and simultaneous explains the previously very bewildering transformation.Excellent job.There's a couple things I doubt about it -- mainly the idea of a substance harder than protosteel. For one thing I was under the impression it was confirmed protosteel was the hardest. But besides that, it probably isn't necessary that it be that hard, only that it be hard enough not to accidently break open often (maybe harder than normal metal... or maybe simply being like protosteel but with a power triggered by Toa energy).Also, it's worth pointing out, although I dunno how relevant this is, that Turaga tend to look a lot different from Matoran. I don't think it's as simple as the virus simply leaving; more like doing another intentional transformation in form as it clears out.Also, just in case it's not clear, Turaga are physically weaker, mentally midway between Matoran and Toa (so can use Nobles, as you say), and can also still use a small amount of elemental power.That last bit actually could be even more evidence for your theory, as it appears giving out energy six times does not completely drain the Toa energy. So there's even more of a surplus somehow being generated, as it seems without this theory, by each Toa-izing transformation. But if something like 7 units of TE, each unit enough to trigger a transformation or have Turaga power, are put in destined Matoran by the machines that make Matoran, the math works perfectly.Great job!

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Seems like a pretty sound theory to me, but I think that it's kind of unlikely that the Great Beings would develop a material harder then Protosteel just for this purpose (like Bonesiii said), and it seems that something shattering inside of a Matoran's body would have effects on the surrounding internal machinery/organics. Maybe they used magnetic fields to contain the Toa Power? Then, the energy would disable the device generating the magnetic field and it wouldn't disable/injure other internal mechanisms/organics nearby.Edit: clarifying last sentence

Edited by Infrared

Well, since the matoran are machines at face-value, the toa energy could act as an activation code for the matoran, who harness the energy and activates that portion of toa energy in them like you theorized.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I am confused as to why a virus would be necessary here. The latent Toa energy in destined Matoran, triggered by the application of additional Toa energy, would be enough to morph the protodermis to contain it. When Toa become Turaga, there's some Toa energy left over, so they assume the Turaga shape instead of the Matoran form. Simple as that. Right?

Edited by fishers64

It isn't necessary, but in most other transformations there has been some kind of a mutagenic substance, so it does make sense.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

hmmm it does make since as in the mutagen but the shell harder then proto steel would if shatter break ogans or something like that. But also the only moatoren we have seen become a toa are some what the odd balls of the matoren life htey are different form the other moatoren (don't blam me for spelling for moatoren i don't know how to spell it) :giveup:or fall. makuta. tecnokua: http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/ibuk-sign.gif . Makuta: what does that say. Tecnkua: http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/ugly-sign.gif Makuta. Makuta: THATS IT.... were is that mask of shadow :???: and that was the radom makuta battle i just came uup with :P

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this