LEGO unveils Sydney Opera House

Many of you have seen or heard of this set before, but as of this morning Lego has officially announced it: <a href='http://aboutus.lego.com/en-us/news-room/2012/february/sydneys-revered-opera-house-immortalized-in-lego-bricks/' target='offsite'>The Sydney Opera House</a> is the newest set in the ever-increasing Architecture line! The set will be available to purchase from Lego Shop at Home and from official Lego stores starting March first! Recommended retail price is $39.99.

View the full article

Certainly not one of LEGO's best. A pretty average effort if you ask me, not nearly a good enough likeness. Some of their other Architecture ones have been much better...but maybe I'm just biased and believe it deserves more justice. It could be a lot better, though at that scale, I'm not sure. Anywho, pretty disappointing.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

Indeed, this is not the best set. The Architecture sets may not always have the best pricing or interesting designs, but they always look pretty cool and similiar to the building they represent. This one... it just doesn't seem to have the same professional feel, and looks more like something a kid with a limited supply of bricks might've put together. Granted, the landscape angles do look cool, but the rest... yeah, no. Maybe it looks better in person, but even then at that price I probably won't be getting it.:music:

Did it strike anyone else as odd that the real life building is being "immortalized in Lego bricks"?Perhaps they think the real building will collapse due to an earthquake, while its memory lives on in Lego sets in living rooms across the world? (Although considering how my sets usually end up, it won't be immortal for long.)

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics