Downtime Mocs

I made a ton of MOCs during the big downtime, so I feel I might as well post the "cream of the crop". In order from oldest to newest. Click the pictures for the link to the gallery. Apologies though, a few are not public due to some small changes from yesterday. 5975520389_b7ce4f1623.jpgChaos Dragon 5916306979_fb10247510.jpgTerra Tank 5998303053_0821d4a266.jpgScavenge 6160470429_664a0de117.jpgDeity of the Temple 6218472639_eb9c489a3c.jpgAperture Science "Testing Assistant" If you'd like to see the rest of the MOCs that were made view my Flickr Enjoy, if possible ^_^

Edited by Lord Oblivion
  • Upvote 1

Lord Oblivion is back and with even more MoCs! Woohoo! Chaos Dragon has got to be one of your best works! I love how you designed the wings!Terra Tank is cool, solid, and has a color scheme that works well. I love the gun as well! Nice job on this!Scavenger? He's just awesome! I'm really digging the tripod legs, and the colors look great! I love this guy!Deity of the temple is nearly too awesome for words! The ribcage and the head are excellently done, and the lower torso looks awesome!The Aperture Science bot is really creatively designed! The whole structure flows very nicely together, but some of the colors could use some more balance. All in all, I love every one of these! Spectacular work, my friend!

Edited by Nytrone

nytronepic2_copy.png

@Shad: Thanks bro http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png@Nytrone: Thanks. The colors on the robot were intended to be like that. The mounted gun is a portal gun, the orange and blue are the colors of the portal. The red eye is based on how a Portal 2 turret has it's eye, and the red on the blade, well that is what's left of the test subject :)

Wow. All of these are amazing. I'd say Scavenge, the Deity, and the Testing Assistant are the best, though.Scavenge has a wonderful color scheme, and the combination of skinny tripod legs and bulky "feet" works really well.Deity of the Temple reeks of awesomeness. That's really all there is to say.Aperture Science "Testing Assistant" is particularly effective in the head / upper body area; all those curves flow perfectly.In short, very nice work! "That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Wow. All of these are amazing. I'd say Scavenge, the Deity, and the Testing Assistant are the best, though.Scavenge has a wonderful color scheme, and the combination of skinny tripod legs and bulky "feet" works really well.Deity of the Temple reeks of awesomeness. That's really all there is to say.Aperture Science "Testing Assistant" is particularly effective in the head / upper body area; all those curves flow perfectly.In short, very nice work! "That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

Thank you, those are definantly the best ones, considering they were made more recently ;) Thanks again! Edited by Lord Oblivion

I think I've given you my critiques of most of these before, LO, with the exception of the Tank (which is fairly boring, total overkill on the treads and could use some tread guards to cover them up top) and the Aperture Bot, which I saw on BShelf the other day and was waiting for you to post somewhere. Because I rather like those feet. Those are Rebel fighter helmets for the toes, right? Anyway, it's an interesting configuration, though I don't care for that ball hanging there between the two toes. and I really don't care for the white elastic holding down the roborider heads on the shins. Come on, man, you must have some black ones around somewhere, if they're needed at all. Like the sword arm, it's cute, and its mount is integrated into the arm nicely, as is the tube, the other hand is just plain-Jane, and I'd like to see you make something with a different hand design than that. The tube spine is nice, the eye is fit well, the torso's solid, and the gun isn't bad, but it is crying out for a white HF panel to cover the front top of it. But looking at the gallery for it, though, it's like looking at a DV MOC - a lot of pictures, but it's all one pose, and most of them are from the same angle as the others. I mean, you could have cut that down to four pictures instead of 18 of them, and it's sad to note by the numbering that you already cut them down. What's the point in having articulation in a figure if you aren't going to demonstrate it during shooting. At least give us one or two candid shots of some different poses so we can see it's level of articulation and balance. Otherwise, you might as well be making a statue (another statue, that is, after that deity shrine thing.)

bannerelzy.jpg

These are just incredible; I feel like they all deserve have their own topic. The dragon is stunning, the tank is flawless, the scavenger is unbelievably awesome (great use of metal blue, BTW), the deity is splendid, and the Aperture thingamabobber is fluidity incarnate - well, aside from the rubber bands and the appearance of fragility. They all are near perfect and clearly show either immense effort or immense skill (or both). Wonderful work! a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

@Christo: Thanks bro, glad you like them. Even if you've seen them already =P @Alto Magna: Thank you!@Elzy: Yeah that tank was very boring. Probably why I did consider it more of a tablescrap, that people just seemed to enjoy. Yeah they are in fact rebel minifig helmets. I also did not like the ball hat was hanging there, sadly I do not have any white HF armor to cover it, which probably would've worked well. Actually the roborider heads are attached to the legs, its the piraka armor behind them that the rubber bands hold in place, to give a good shape on that area. I used to have one black rubber band, but it broke ._. I tried to think of a hand design that would have worked better, but at the moment I couldn't make anything better. I apologize for not taking shots of other poses, it slipped my mind after I made a good looking pose for the MOC. Which was tough to do, considering how delicate it was. Lol, that's true, you can consider the Deity a statue =P Thanks again Elzy. @Aedai Rivin: Thank you, glad you like them both. Well just cause its half system is no reason to dislike it =P @Takal: Thanks. I did try diversifying my MOCing during the downtime, to try and stray away from the general humanoid build that I used to abuse =P @Fsnorgle: Thanks dude, I would've liked to make separate topics, but that would be too much work =P Thnks again!@Vartemp: Glad you like em bro http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png I like to think I did improve, mainly due to those who gave me some great criticism =)

Chaos dragon: Wow. The wings look very interesting, and I love the repetition on the tail. Terra tank: Colors look militaristic and advanced, I love the detailing on the gun barrel and treads.Scavenge: Looks really cute and intelligent, I can imagine this running around the universe of 9. The hunk of metal meat he's dragging also looks pretty cool. Temple Deity: To me, this one is a star. The contrast between black and trans-orange makes the flame parts look like they're glowing, and the head has an interesting construction. The ribcage looks outstanding, as well as the temple-like base. I can imaging this in some Aztec area ready to eat some unwary explorers. Portal "Testing Assistant": Looks like something GLaDOS would think up, the toes are a great idea. The cannon and eye also look really nice.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

I must say,you have gotten even better. Chaos Dragon:Excellent work here,the whole model is great.I do have to say the wings in particular are brilliant.Terra Tank:Great work,the orange works well with the grey.Scavenge:I really love the look of this one,very creative,smooth and all around awesome.It would make a really cute pet robot.Deity of the Temple:Again really well constructed,very creepy.I like the touch of orange inside the ribcage,really makes it seem like it's burning from the inside out.Aperture Science "Testing Assistant":This one is great as well,the feet are really impressive. I could go on,but I am begining to feel like a broken record.As always great work,keep on MOCing.

Chaos dragon: Wow. The wings look very interesting, and I love the repetition on the tail.Terra tank: Colors look militaristic and advanced, I love the detailing on the gun barrel and treads.Scavenge: Looks really cute and intelligent, I can imagine this running around the universe of 9. The hunk of metal meat he's dragging also looks pretty cool.Temple Deity: To me, this one is a star. The contrast between black and trans-orange makes the flame parts look like they're glowing, and the head has an interesting construction. The ribcage looks outstanding, as well as the temple-like base. I can imaging this in some Aztec area ready to eat some unwary explorers.Portal "Testing Assistant": Looks like something GLaDOS would think up, the toes are a great idea. The cannon and eye also look really nice.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy them. Yes, the Testing assistan was intended to be more of something GLaDOS would make, rather than cave johnson.

I must say,you have gotten even better. Chaos Dragon:Excellent work here,the whole model is great.I do have to say the wings in particular are brilliant.Terra Tank:Great work,the orange works well with the grey.Scavenge:I really love the look of this one,very creative,smooth and all around awesome.It would make a really cute pet robot.Deity of the Temple:Again really well constructed,very creepy.I like the touch of orange inside the ribcage,really makes it seem like it's burning from the inside out.Aperture Science "Testing Assistant":This one is great as well,the feet are really impressive. I could go on,but I am begining to feel like a broken record.As always great work,keep on MOCing.

Thanks bro http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Glad you think so. Glad you like them all =) That touch of orange was a trans-orange kraata, I just had to use it on the Deity :3 Thanks again.

Thanks bro http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Glad you think so. Glad you like them all =) That touch of orange was a trans-orange kraata, I just had to use it on the Deity :3 Thanks again.

It is thank's to me you used that kraata in the first place, remember? =pAnd also thanks to me you builded Scavenge =D But still, I love all of them especially Scavenge

I had a signature once

it's gone now

It is thank's to me you used that kraata in the first place, remember? =pAnd also thanks to me you builded Scavenge =D But still, I love all of them especially Scavenge
Yeah, it was your idea for me to use a kraata on a MOC, not where to place it though =P And yes, our little MOC-off did produce scavenge =) Thanks bro.

Okay. This going to be long, so strap yourself in. Chaos Dragon:A magnificent model that really reminds me of DeeVee's earlier work. (Not a bad thing by any means!) The dragon look is well portrayed and the size and consistency of the MoC is nice. The Good:Hm, where to begin? Let's start with the head and neck as they are, IMO, the highlight of the MoC. You did a great job of keep a slick appearance throughout and the neck connects seamlessly to the head for a very organic (and appropriate) look. The spikes are well placed and, again, add an air of "organic" feeling to this beast. The parts used for the neck making it look nice and smooth is a nice thing as well. Which, reminds me to say, is there any articulation in the neck? Moving on to the tail, it shares many of the same, great quality that the neck had. Smooth, nice part usage, etc. The wings also look fancy (also, very fragile and hard to pose). But that's not a huge deal. The Bad:Not much to say here except that the white pieces used near the real like the Rahkshi feet and Metru Matoran torso should be black. The reason being because the tail, head and neck all have very uniform placement of their white pieces but the body and legs sorta feel like you just placed the white randomly. The only other thing is that the feet look a little to blocky but that's minor. Once again, you've made a really nice MoC here Oblivion. Tank:Looks neat. It's cool that you made something different like this. It's not like your other MoCs, really. The Good:The body is well done and you've made it look well armored. The whole thing flows nicely. I like the back and the fun use the parts back there. The turret up top look cool and I like the orange tube around the back. Inside the tread look nice and mechanical just like it should be. The whole MoC reeks with detail, which is fun considering how small the build is. The Bad:I have to agree with Eltzy that you should put some covers on those threads. They look a little bare right now. Also, the front part of the tank looks a little bit like a car bumper which needless to say is odd for a tank. Other then those small quips I think you're pretty much golden with this one. Once again, a great MoC. I'll edit this post with the other MoC when I get more time.

silverbladebanner.jpg