Unpopular Opinions?

Vandenreich

I think that 2006 was the best year of them all. It was a real turning point for the series (this many people agree on), and I think it changed in a great way (this not so much).

banner.jpg

Toa Nuva were actually an annoying team. Despite the fact I loved the characters, everybody I've ever talked to goes on talking about how great they were. I just don't seem them as that great storyline-wise - the Mahri were the ones that sacrificed an entire member of their team to try and save Mata-Nui. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't seem them as being as great as they are said to be. As a matter of fact, I didn't think they were great set-wise, either, and no reason to bring them back in '08.2005 is actually a decent year. Not storyline-wise, but the sets were decent. Anybody remember Roodaka? Sidorak? The Visorak? I never owned the Hordika, although I did see they weren't that bad set-wise whenever I saw a friend having one. Roodaka was probably the best set that year for its versatility, its original design, and most of all, the more feminine look that was given to the set.2007 being an awesome year. People complained that the sea theme was stupid, and that everything was too dark. That and the fact the Barraki weren't good sets. People also complained in repititive amounts about the Squid-Launchers and Cordak Blasters. The Mahri were great sets by far - each of them had interesting qualities that made them adapt to their new environment. Because those qualities were added to their characters, it also made their characters in the storyline gain new charaacteristics.A ) The theme wasn't dark. It was creative and sent the storyline into an original and intriguing direction. It kept it interesting.B ) The Barraki were great. Pridak and Takadox were both cool sets, not to mention Kalmah and Ehlek. Their canister designs were also quite awesome. I didn't see any probably with their designs - they represented creatures in the deep that caused fear. They were each interesting and, well, to put it simply, awesome.C ) People weren't actually using either launcher correctly. The majority thought that, just by simply touching the Cordak lightly would make it propel fifty feet. The squid launcher was because...well, people weren't using it right, to simplify my point.D ) Jaller gained the crab; Kongu had two Cordak Blasters; Hahli was now in her proper environment and not only had an awesome weapon, gained a pair of fins/wings; Nuparu looked more like Batman in this situation, a quality which I wasn't too fond of, but his mask was still cool; Matoro had colors in his pieces which we hadn't seen in ages; and Hewkii had the awesome spear and chains. I used the chains often for pretty cool action poses, so I loved them.Geez, ranting gets lengthy after awhile, doesn't it? :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I don't like the way you pronounce bionicle names because when you pronounce it, it doesn't sound Scandinavian. That may be an unpopular opinion.

Hm? Why would they be supposed to sound Scandinavian? The earlier ones in particular were Polynesian, and were pronounced as such. Later ones didn't have quite as many obvious pronunciation rules. The only Scandinavian names were a number of the MNOLG2 Matoran, whose names came from all over.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Actually, the fragment that canonically killed him was smaller than him! And why should that be a problem -- bullets kill people.

Guns don't kill people! People kill people! ...With guns! :P

I don't like the way you pronounce bionicle names because when you pronounce it, it doesn't sound Scandinavian. That may be an unpopular opinion.

Hm? Why would they be supposed to sound Scandinavian? The earlier ones in particular were Polynesian, and were pronounced as such. Later ones didn't have quite as many obvious pronunciation rules. The only Scandinavian names were a number of the MNOLG2 Matoran, whose names came from all over.
Yeah, just because the people who came up with (most of) the names were Scandinavian doesn't mean the names itself are.On MNOLG2: Yeah, everywhere except England/America. Imagine a Matoran named John or Dave or Liz. :P

banner.jpg

Actually, the fragment that canonically killed him was smaller than him! And why should that be a problem -- bullets kill people.

Guns don't kill people! People kill people! ...With guns! :P
...I can't tell you how long I've waited for someone to say that. :PStill, the 09-10 duration was horrible. There was no reason to actually transport the story outside the MU, honestly. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Still, the 09-10 duration was horrible. There was no reason to actually transport the story outside the MU, honestly. =/

From 2001, we were promised a Makuta vs. Mata Nui battle. Mata Nui was kicked outside the MU. The story would eventually have to follow him. Now, granted, they could have actually followed Mata Nui instead of leaping ahead to the backstory of his landing site and confusing people. There was a reason why they did the move, and they would have had to do it, but how they did it could certainly have been improved.

• 3 weeks later...
Kongu should have had a freaking toa tool as a Mahri. >>I hit so many waves of "lol, ur rong, broh" with that opinion that it just baffles me until I'm so baffled I rage quit. You don't even want to see me on a rampage. Last time that happened I actually called my beloved teddy bear, Mr. McFluffins a meanie. :crying:Also, my views that Lewa should totally be the leader and that green sets are officially the best in the canon seem to be frowned upon in general. Not sure why. It's practically canon anyway.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I disliked that toa of Psionics could not absorb there element. I think it would have made more sense and be much more nobler if toa of psionics chose NOT TO absorb their element instead of being incapable to do so. You know, so no one... ahem dies or becomes brain dead.EDIT: @Tekulo: I like your thinking!-- vEoI tHe RaScAl

Edited by VeoiTheRascal
sherlock4.jpeg

@Veoi: Why thank you, good sir.Though another opinion of mine that's generally not well-received is that I actually liked Cathy Hapka's books. She added in a more personal feel to the characters and she seemed to have a very good understanding of how they would relate to each other. That's something that Greg seemed to constantly miss with his writing in my opinion. I mean, Hahli and Jaller were practically childhood friends slapped together on a life-changing journey into toa, rescuing their idols and experiencing a ton of turmoil and hardships. I didn't get anything from any of the Inika. Just Hahli Mahri after someone important finally died (I'm looking at you Voya Nui matoran who fell into the volcano. You were never loved enough to have any on-screen mourning from your friends. I find it hilarious and laugh in your face. XD Wait, where are my manners? I laugh in your mask. XP Or at least I would if it hadn't melted along with the rest of your body. lol).

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of the Breeze

@Veoi: Why thank you, good sir.Though another opinion of mine that's generally not well-received is that I actually liked Cathy Hapka's books. She added in a more personal feel to the characters and she seemed to have a very good understanding of how they would relate to each other. That's something that Greg seemed to constantly miss with his writing in my opinion. I mean, Hahli and Jaller were practically childhood friends slapped together on a life-changing journey into toa, rescuing their idols and experiencing a ton of turmoil and hardships. I didn't get anything from any of the Inika. Just Hahli Mahri after someone important finally died (I'm looking at you Voya Nui matoran who fell into the volcano. You were never loved enough to have any on-screen mourning from your friends. I find it hilarious and laugh in your face. XD Wait, where are my manners? I laugh in your mask. XP Or at least I would if it hadn't melted along with the rest of your body. lol).

I didn't get much of a personal connection to any of the characters in Cathy Hapka's books, honestly. To me they felt very shallow, unlike characters like the Toa Hordika and Toa Mahri whom Greg wrote for. In Cathy Hapka's books, the characters might have acted more "chummy", but that's no substitute for actual meaningful connections between characters, such as...
  • [*]When Nuju confronts Vakama about whether he will share the stories of the Toa Hordika with the Toa Nuva in BIONICLE Adventures #6 (Introduction).[*]When Nokama discusses her transformation with Matau in BIONICLE Adventures #9 (Chapter Six).[*]When Kongu explains to Jaller why he started cracking so many jokes, and Jaller contemplates what a great leader Kongu would have made, in BIONICLE Legends #7 (Chapter Six). In fact, BIONICLE Legends #7 is one of my favorite books due to all the meaningful connections made between characters.[*]Kopaka thinking about why he likes Pohatu so much in BIONICLE Legends #9 (Chapter Two).

I had to look up which chapters these events happened in, but these scenes have all have stuck with me since I first read them. They show a deeper sort of insight into characters' relationships than anything I remember from Hapka's novelizations, which seem to just bounce between already-established plot points while portraying characters almost as caricatures of their already-established personalities (Tahu doesn't like to work together with anyone, Pohatu is really friendly and jovial, Gali really values teamwork, etc).I won't claim Greg's writing is flawless either. The 2006 story arc had some of the weakest characterization of any year, IMO, and that was why I was so grateful in 2007 when we got books like BIONICLE Legends #7 that really pulled the story out of that rut and really started developing the Toa Mahri as characters. Greg's writing, though, did a much better job than Hapka's, IMO, in that it typically made it clear that there was more to different characters' feelings and motivations than what they were outwardly doing and saying.

@Aanchir: I see where you're coming from, but I still disagree. (Though I remember the exact scene you're talking about with Matau and Nokama, but... That didn't seem to delve much into their characters for me. It felt more like establishing what the effects of the venom were and that Matau liked to build nests now. =/ Though, it did have a slight personal touch with connections to nature, I didn't feel any personality flowing between the two. Chalk it up to my bad taste I guess). The moments that stood out to me in Hapka's books were how the characters acted, not only around each other, but when they were alone. Kopaka needed to get to a kanohi that was on a small island surrounded by lava. Kopaka then goes about several theories about how to obtain the mask, and yet he drives himself red in the face due to him wasting time. He then thinks of how Tahu or Lewa might handle the situation by diving in, and he then does just that by making a glacier and riding it to the island and then managing to jump back. It not only shows a lot of what Kopaka is like (something I hadn't realized from the movie as he would just wander off mysteriously), but it also shows why the main six toa were put together for the team. They work well together naturally. Never really got much of that from Greg's work; not much comes to mind. Well, you know aside from toa betrayals like Nidhiki and Tuyet. Oh, and apparently one of the characters we trusted is actually a great being. And how Ahkmou was always a traitor. And how Vezon dumped the other half of his body. And how Roodaka betrayed everyone. UNITY! Don't even get me started on duty and destiny. XPNot to say Greg's work was all bad. One thing I loved about 2006 (though the toa characters seemed flat to me) was the dark feel of the Piraka. Also that matoran falling into lava. Classic. XDI didn't really follow the story much after '07. Everything just stopped appealing to me and the story was a bit too complex to follow. =/

@Aanchir: I see where you're coming from, but I still disagree. (Though I remember the exact scene you're talking about with Matau and Nokama, but... That didn't seem to delve much into their characters for me. It felt more like establishing what the effects of the venom were and that Matau liked to build nests now. =/ Though, it did have a slight personal touch with connections to nature, I didn't feel any personality flowing between the two. Chalk it up to my bad taste I guess).
See, I think there was definitely something special to that moment just because Nokama was willing to bare her soul to Matau about how the transformation had been troubling her as well, rather than just dismissing Matau's silliness. But perhaps that's just because I read many parts of the BIONICLE Adventures series with shipping goggles on. (Onewa x Krahka FTW!)
The moments that stood out to me in Hapka's books were how the characters acted, not only around each other, but when they were alone. Kopaka needed to get to a kanohi that was on a small island surrounded by lava. Kopaka then goes about several theories about how to obtain the mask, and yet he drives himself red in the face due to him wasting time. He then thinks of how Tahu or Lewa might handle the situation by diving in, and he then does just that by making a glacier and riding it to the island and then managing to jump back. It not only shows a lot of what Kopaka is like (something I hadn't realized from the movie as he would just wander off mysteriously), but it also shows why the main six toa were put together for the team. They work well together naturally. Never really got much of that from Greg's work; not much comes to mind. Well, you know aside from toa betrayals like Nidhiki and Tuyet. Oh, and apparently one of the characters we trusted is actually a great being. And how Ahkmou was always a traitor. And how Vezon dumped the other half of his body. And how Roodaka betrayed everyone. UNITY! Don't even get me started on duty and destiny. XP
See, I wouldn't necessarily want the story to spell those kind of things out for me. Re-reading that chapter of BIONICLE Chronicles #1, it feels somewhat tedious to have Kopaka's entire thought process narrated to me. IMO the best chapters of that particular novel are, in fact, the ones that were ripped straight from Greg's comics. And I felt about the same way about the next two novels as well.I also like that Greg's stories don't place such heavy-handed emphasis on how well the Toa work together. Hapka's novels struck me as excessively moralistic in a number of ways, and that's one of them. In Greg's stories, we explicitly see that the Toa Mata/Nuva don't work that well together until they've begun to move past their differences and learned to work with one another's unique ways of thinking. You begin to see them working in better sync with one another beginning in 2003 (most evident in the Rahkshi comics and BIONICLE: Mask of Light), brought to the forefront in 2006, and culminating in 2008, in which they operate as a truly effective team and no longer bicker the way they did throughout 2001-2003.As far as characters complementing one another's personalities is concerned, I think 2004 showed this better than any other year. In it, the Toa Metru are given distinctly contrasting personalities which I think shine through just as well in the comics for that year as they did in the books. Of course, it probably helps that 2004 was the first time the story had been written as one linear, largely cohesive block including comics, books, and movies. The multimedia component of 2001-2003 was great, but at the time I couldn't help feeling frustrated with how it seemed that the Toa Nuva had to learn the same lessons about teamwork over and over and over. In 2004, there was a much clearer progression of character development for all six Toa Metru, which continued in 2005 as the bonds they had established during their adventures as Toa were tested more than ever before.
Not to say Greg's work was all bad. One thing I loved about 2006 (though the toa characters seemed flat to me) was the dark feel of the Piraka. Also that matoran falling into lava. Classic. XD
IMO, 2006 was the weakest year in terms of characterization, and the "dark" feel of 2006 was feeble in comparison to 2007 which actually saw the Toa Mahri begin to experience real uncertainty (and as a result, character development). I think the amount of attention given to the Piraka and Voya Nui Resistance in 2006, not to mention the Toa Nuva's brief relevance to that year's story, really took away time that could have been used to develop the Toa Inika, the characters who most needed the character development in the long run. Not to mention how much of the story in 2006 felt like a mere showcase of how many cool powers the Matoran, Toa Inika, and Piraka had rather than actually trying to investigate their identities on a deeper level.This could be part of why 2007 and 2008 were my favorite story years. In most cases, characters didn't have so many gratuitous powers to deal with, and as such the novels could be spent exploring their actual personalities, dedicating only brief moments to the obligatory showing-off of their mask powers (and in the case of the Barraki, not even that).
I didn't really follow the story much after '07. Everything just stopped appealing to me and the story was a bit too complex to follow. =/
I felt the 2007 and 2008 story were some of the best moments of the series, even though the story serials made it a lot less linear than many previous years. So if you stopped reading in 2006 then I'm not at all surprised that you think poorly of Greg's writing.

@Aanchir: In short, we simply have different tastes. Nothing wrong with that, though. ^^Now, back to the discussion, I think I've more or less proven my last opinion is generally not well-received. XP I should make note in my sig that I'm a Hapka fan... Bet I'll get loads of hate mail. XD (Just to be clear though, you're not coming across as a hater, Aanchir. Actually, this was the most tame discussion I've had talking about Hapka and Greg's writing).

See, I think there was definitely something special to that moment just because Nokama was willing to bare her soul to Matau about how the transformation had been troubling her as well, rather than just dismissing Matau's silliness. But perhaps that's just because I read many parts of the BIONICLE Adventures series with shipping goggles on. (Onewa x Krahka FTW!)
Haha, I suppose you do have a point there. Though, I'm more of an Onua/Lewa shipper. XP (cough... this is where that "different tastes" thing comes into play. XP)
See, I wouldn't necessarily want the story to spell those kind of things out for me. Re-reading that chapter of BIONICLE Chronicles #1, it feels somewhat tedious to have Kopaka's entire thought process narrated to me. IMO the best chapters of that particular novel are, in fact, the ones that were ripped straight from Greg's comics. And I felt about the same way about the next two novels as well...
True, however keep in mind that these were the first books in the series. Those moments helped to establish the toa; what they were like, etc. Also keep in mind these books were intended for children. It's only natural to have morals inserted into the story. Then again, Greg had morals too. Like, if you're bad like Tuyet you'll end up killing yourself from an alternate universe and have another version of yourself cut in half by a dimensional portal thingie while you end up alive and in possession of an artifact that has loads of power. Why, The Brothers Grimm couldn't be more cautionary! XP (Granted his writing wasn't always like that, but that's also a little nit-pick of mine with his writing. Over-complication of what should have been a nice, simple one-shot character). Also, it should be noted that I'm also a big fan of Hans Christian Andersen and the Brother's Grimm (especially the prior). I suppose if you compared the two, Hapka's writing would be closer to that kind of writing (though there still are a lot of differences). As for the moments from Hapka's books that stood out to me, they were the ones that were different from the comics. Tahu getting swarmed by hundreds of scorpion rahi and flipping around like Lewa to get them off (actually, I was surprised at how graphic that part was. XD) or the chat Tahu and Gali had after he burned a tree to a crisp in order to get a kanohi (basically the trials of the masks testing their character flaws, which was the entire point of the masks being hidden. Good call on the Turaga's part).

• 2 weeks later...

1. I really liked the Inika torso and don't mid that they reused it, though it got a bit redundant when used 4 years in a row.2. I like the Glatorian hands. The only time they look too big is when used on small Matoran such as the Metruan.

I really need a better signature.

Yeah, mainly the opinion that 2001 was disappointing, me too, along with the opinion that it should have been ended earlier. But even still, nothing too controversial for me.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Oh sheesh, where to begin.Story-wise, anything after Metru-Nui just... didn't fit for me. The parts were cool, yes, but things just seemed to go absolutely crazy for me. Toa, fighting for their lives and the fate of the universe - oh no wait let's mess around with piraka beasts, squid monsters, and gladiators! (The parts were decent, but that's all i'm giving them. I don't really like the new head style though.)...Gah. I just don't think they should have gone past Voya Nui. Mahri was cool, yes, but things just got a bit strange there. I mean, it was cool how there was suddenly six enemies, one for each toa, in Voya Nui (Kal and Vahki don't count since there were more than just one of each, at least according to the Bionicle Game) but... I think they were starting to go a bit far with trying to get 'launcher' parts. Do people really want kids flicking around little projectiles? And you know that almost every kid disregards that little thing on the back that says 'do not launch at people'. I'm not trying to get all 'mreh mreh kid safety', but i nearly accidentally smacked my sister in the eye with a Zamor sphere back in the day. Plus those launchers were just so fiddly, and i actually literally built a custom little thing at the top of my zamor sphere case (that thing that holds four zamor on top of the launcher) just so they wouldn't pop out whenever i tried to fire. And, both the squid launcher and that whatever-it's-called gatling gun, er, gun, well, they were both really fiddly, the squid launcher i could launch but it just got stuck more of the time. The Cordak Launcher ( At least, that's what i think it's called) could fire, but it just didn't seem right when it did, and it left something to be desired. Plus, the little bullet things got stuck in their slots too often and i could never get them out. (Which is wierd, since i found one or two of my cordak launchers nowadays and i can't find the boolets anywhere.) Aside from the launchers, i honestly loved Voya Nui. The VNOG was fun, the little freetheband games were fun, Bionicle Heroes was fun, all the parts were amazing......Mahri nui just seemed really over-hyped. The games were really bad, and either click-and-point target practice or really weird platformers (I'm talking about you, Matoro. Many times have i somehow gotten stuck in a boulder i'm supposed to push.) The sets were okay, but some things just seemed left to be desired. They looked a bit too much like soldiers or something for my liking. Hahli was probably the only one i liked at this point. (I somehow ended up with two Hahli Mahri sets, actually - hooray, i have two claw pieces.) The main thing that i even liked about this was the videos. They were dynamic and had neat effects, but other than that it seemed really strange....Don't get me started on Glatorians.Are you sure? Here goes...Whoaaa! Now there's gladiators! Now there's a little game you play!But there isn't!Now there is!What's going on?You always miscount that silly little life counter on the back!Thornax always seemed to slip out of their launchers for me...The story was okay for each village, but the whole giant-robots mata-nui himself getting there was really strange to me. Aside from explaining the origins of each village, the rest of the story pretty much confused me. I did, however, absolutely hate the new head pieces. I still do. No backwards compatible helmets! Nope. Nah-ah. No way. Just helmets. For one line of sets....Ugh. At least you can backwards compatible the metru head masks onto the Mata heads to an extent, and vice-versa to an extent.And with the whole robot-fighting story... How is a moon supposed to kill a giant robot that literally CREATED the moons and is supposed to be bigger than anything?And then there's Phantoka/Mistika...I never really understood it.Jetpacks!Vehicles!Pump blasters!Silver ball launchers that are OBVIOUSLY not zamor ripoffs!It was extremely hard to follow the story, and the minigames were just horrible to me.Plus... Hero Factory? To me? Rescue heroes, but you build them.Hero factory.Rescue Heroes.See the likeness, anyone?/end rant
Excuse the HUGE quote (and the fact that I dropped a GREAT multiquote list for this), but.... Most of this (Pretty much all but the HF thing) I agree TOTALLY with. The only other thing would be the Mistika blasters. I loved those. And Cordak blasters... Yeah, they suck, but ever tried them underwater? Actually pretty amusing, if still a fail. They shoot perfectly well but then the missiles float to the top. AND glatorian... see below.IMO after Metru Nui... wait no after 2004, the story was generally sinking, and so were the characters (until Bara Magna...). I never liked 2005 besides the Hagah and weapons (Mutations: the worst part about Bionicle IMO, besides possibly Nuva), Voya Nui was cool (If only the masks weren't weird...), Mahri Nui was implausible (Plus we got close to NOTHING about everyday life in their Matoran world, not even a game, just Hydruka and Airweed. How can they say that year was about Mahri Nui if Mahri Nui wasn't really included?), I didn't like the Karda Nui story (IMO Mata Nui shouldn't've died like that, if at all)... and then the Glatorian. I actually LIKED them. Although Bara Magna wasn't exactly New Mata Nui Island, it was done decently... including the robot battle. The only problem was how it was cut short. If there was actual time to do a better 2001-style two-sided approach, where Agori stories and Mata Nui/Glatorian stuff happened seperately and eventually converged, then (in the final year) bring in the Toa and MULTIPLE Makuta, then have a final battle. Or something.Anyway, truly on topic... I liked the Phantoka masks (but not the orange), I like brown, I like the Visorak (but I DO strongly dislike the Rahaga and Hordika), I LOVE keetorange, with gunmetal or not, I liked B:TLR, I liked the Glatorian (Metru heads would've been appreciated though, despite the possibilities opened up by top-mounting the "masks") and more stuff... Edited by toatanu
toatanusignature.png

• 3 weeks later...

here goes...i like 06. i love hahlli inika. i love the inika in general. the piraka had cool weapons. i like the overused zamor ammo. the stars are adorable. i wish i had gotten at least takanuva. i like pohatu phantoka, colors, weapons and all. the avtoran build wasn't that bad. i like skrall. i like 07. and 08. and 05. i like the mini sets, they're like legend class bionicle characters. i like the kal. i like gali mistika. i like the barraki. i like 09.i think i'm done for now. i think i've managed to disagree with most everyone by now :P

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

My impression from the BZP community is that the Bohrok Kal were terrible clone sets. Which is why my 'unpopular opinion' is that these sets were fantastic. I'm denying that they were clones of clone sets, but I loved the pieces coming in new colors, the new Krana colors, the new headplate designs, and especially the new shields.I also did not really prefer the latter (post 2005) books, though I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion. The writing seemed jumpy at times, with too many scenes of action. I much preferred the slower pace of the earlier novels, particularly Tales of the Masks, which I think is my favorite.Of course it's been years since I've read any of those books, so I might just be making up things about pacing.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

This technically has nothing to do with Bionicle but I believe it is now unpopular to say that Hero Factory is terrible, but honestly, it's the worst Lego theme ever in my opinion. It's storyline is too simple, without any connections between the villains in the various years. I also find it redundant that the Heroes have limitless upgrades. Set wise, they're again far too simplistic and lacking in detail.

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

I liked the Bohrok-Kal a lot, the Inika masks look cool (Except Hahli's, so I dunno if this counts), and Tiribomba is the greatest name in the Matoran Universe.I'm dead serious on that last one.

• 2 weeks later...

Onua Nuva's new weapons (chainsaws) were better than Onua mata's. The Bohrok Kal were cool sets- Yes, I like it that Lego released them. Storyline-wise, they were the first set-based villains who actually had a personality. Set wise, that silver gilding, darker coloring, and head patterning is just too cool to pass up.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Onua Nuva's new weapons (chainsaws) were better than Onua mata's. The Bohrok Kal were cool sets- Yes, I like it that Lego released them. Storyline-wise, they were the first set-based villains who actually had a personality. Set wise, that silver gilding, darker coloring, and head patterning is just too cool to pass up.
I have too agree with this one, the Kal were some of my favorite sets.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that Glatorians weren't popular...I think the best year for sets was 2009...the Toa-sized characters were truly varied (as they had been in 2001, but more so) in style. The Matoran not so much but rarely have they been built in an interesting manner (other than 2003 and 2006). I loved the vehicles as well.I think Silver is a very legitimate color. It may have been used too much but it seems to me like most armor and weapons were made of protosteel and since protosteel is silver... (draw logical conclusion).I highly enjoyed Voya Nui Online Game (I think that's an unpopular opinion)...

The Legend Lives...

Honestly, I loved 2005. It might've been bland in some people's eyes because of the prolonged Metru Nui arc and the seemingly monotonous environment, but that generic "infested" ambience gave Web of Shadows the most engaging atmosphere of all four of the movies. Looking back, Vakama's character was a bit flat, but his mood swings were quite enjoyable. The Visorak were okay-ish as sets, but the Hordika were awesome.I always thought that if there was more than one Makuta, then the organization should've obviously been called "The Brotherhood of the Makuta".I loved BIONICLE: The Game. Nuff said.I think the Bara Magna arc was a tremendous idea, but was very poorly handled. As soon as Mata Nui was cast out of his own body, I knew there'd be a massive one-on-one gigantic robot fight, but that should've happened this year, not two years ago.