Character You Thought Was Overused

Inspired by "Most Wasted Character" topic. What character did you think you saw too much of in the Bionicle story? I would have to say Toa Tuyet. She had a nice back-story in "The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet" and I feel the ending has enough closure as is and did not need anything added. It was neat when we saw her cameo in 2007 in the Pit, and I was fine with that.But then, her plot got kinda twisted I thought. In an alternate universe, she was in total control and had brought the entire MU to its knees. That part I didn't find bad, really, but I didn't think it added much to her character.And now we see that Toa Tuyet, as a matter of fact, never died in the original MU (that we were first introduced to in 2001), thus making the ending of "The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet" kinda moot in my opinion. Also, the conspiracy to keep her alive just seemed really out there. They got another Toa Tuyet from another dimension with crystal fragments in her armor so the "original" could be free. To me, this is where I got sick of seeing Toa Tuyet, I just thought it was far-fetched and I think her original appearance was enough for her character as a whole. So, is there a character that you feel similarly about in the Bionicle story?

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Your Tuyet points sum up how odd that all was, and stuff like that is basically why I try to avoid the serials except when they focus on something I'm interested in.Honestly, I could name dozens of characters who were overused simply because they never actually changed personally despite how often they appeared. Takanuva is a relatively good example of this. For all that he appeared (five or six years total), he never really developed. Sure, he had that time when he was really terrified of duty in the movie, but that lasted all of 90 minutes and didn't really alter his fundamental personality (rather daring and curious) and even fit with what we knew of his willingness to shirk duty and responsibility. After that, he just grew a bit, deciding that he could claim some more responsibility (just as he had in MNOG). There were his dark urges in 2008, but they didn't even come from character change--just a leech.~ BioGio

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Vezon.I enjoyed having him in the story in 06 and in FoF. But afterwards, I felt like he was used too much. Other characters could've gotten the screen time he got in the Destiny War and Reign of Shadows serials.I also agree about Tuyet. I liked that she appeared in the Dark Mirror serial, but she should've stayed dead in the main universe.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Tuyet and Vezon are both significantly overused, although I wouldn't have minded Vezon so much if he'd been as sinister as he used to be. I lost interest in him when he was demoted to comic relief.For the most part, though, BIONICLE suffered from wasted characters, rather than abused characters, because it simply had too many. There were far too many characters for anyone to feel particularly overused.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

BioGio -- I don't think very many of the characters actually had development, so Takanuva's lack of it doesn't seem too unusual.Anyway, I think Vezon was overused horribly, despite being created for a very minor purpose. It seems he rapidly developed into being a creator's pet, and Greg couldn't stop writing about him, unfortunately.~B~

Edited by Ballom

Vezon on all points I despied him once he was turned to comic relief .And Tahu was horribly overused half the time Tahu was in the spot light could have been spent on others characters (better characters) .Along that line the Toa Nuva in general were over used I would rather have had them focus on other teams or characters then bring the focus on them again...

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!