Kid Icarus Uprising

Blank0000

Yeah, that's probably it... Very confusing phrasing, though, as it makes it sound if you've seen them all at any point in the chapter, death or not, you'll get the achievement. My fault, I believe, since I was going for the Crisis Mode one too. >_>'

I wonder what would happen if someone went into multiplayer with the First Blade...Probably wouldn't end well. :P

I did that! And I won. (I was up against some really incompetent random players. :P)So yeah, I too have this game. And it's awesome.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what would be the highest possible level weapon you could use safely in Light vs. Dark?I've guessed somewhere near 209(the level of my Ninja Palm).

I easily use a 307 value weapon in Light Vs. Dark. It has good defense boost and with five ranged, it can blow away most enemies fairly quickly. That and a good Shot Range bonus works wonders... though is does have a rather brutal weakness.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

It all depends; level 300 are safe... Provided you don't die every two seconds. If you do, people would probably like to have words with you. =PBut, if you don't die, or everyone has level 300 weapons, then it's perfect.

Alright, I get it. All you seasoned veterans can own every single opponent in your way with powerful weapons, but what about noobs like me? Seriously, I only got this game this Wednesday. (I got my information from the interwebz before then)And my game just absolutely refuses to give me Claws. The only Claws I have I had to buy and fuse.

Edited by Belonephobia

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I meant how could a noob like me who always gets finished over and over risk using a powerful weapon? Although, I have finished like, 40-something people already.And I know about fusion. What I like to do is take two weak weapons, fuse them together, repeat the process with another two weapons, and fuse those together.Plus, some of my weapons are actually sorta powerful. My Upperdash arm is valued 279, My Compact Arm is valued 261, you know what, most of my powerful weapons are arms.

I prefer the blades to be honest, along with cannons and staffs.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Poor Raptor Claws, unappreciated in comparison to the claws of the tiger. Needless to say, I don't really like Tiger Claws, I like Raptor Claws better. XDThough I have recently realized that Cannons are my favorite weapon type. Those things are awesome when you learn how to rebound shots off of walls to hit hiding enemies.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I suppose, but my style is to Play Dead, so speed takes less of a role than power to me. That's why I have a six star ranged Cannon with a large range boost as my favorite. Though it does have a rather unpleasant weakness of losing power the more damage I take.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Bullet blade and flintlock staff for me!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Hey, to be fair, the Raptor Claws are also great. It's just that my Tiger Claws are of a much higher value and have much better stats, so I use them all the time. =PAs for the Bullet Blade, the shots are okay but the melee is cruddy. IT DOES SO LITTLE DAMAGE. But I can't say anything about the Flintlock Staff, as I've never used it.And to name a couple of my favorites, Midnight Palm, Black Club, Tiger Claws, Upperdash Arm, Laser Staff, etc.

My bullet blade was upgraded for range stacks, however it helps me with physical attacks

Edited by Zacax

That's my opinion on it though. I only used the Bullet Blade once, and that was to get the achievement of defeating the Space Kraken with the Bullet Blade.If I had to name a Blade I liked, it would have to be the Optical Blade.

After a long chain of fusions, I have finally made the best set of Viridi Claws I could possibly make.Value: 270Ranged: 1.5 starsMelee: Half a starShot Defense +1, Freezing +4, Speed +4, Standing Cont. Fire +1, Melee Combo +4, and In-Peril attack boost +1Alku

Edited by Hades

Ah man, I can't get enough of this game :DI've got a bunch of weapons that I like to use, mainly:Magnus ClubValue: 286Ranged: 4 1/2 StarsMelee: 4 StarsStamina +4, Speed +4You can run practically forever with it without getting tired and you're wicked fast, awesome for dodging and dash attacking/charge shoting/tornadoing out of nowhere on multiplayer!Bullet BladeValue: 300Ranged: 5 StarsMelee: 4 1/2 StarsFreezing +4, Speed +3Awesome for spraying enemies with continuous fire (which activates freezing rather quickly), then getting off a bunch of dash shots with that speed!Also, when people who aren't familiar with Kid Icarus want to see how it is, I equip this because it looks pretty awesome.And finally, for 9.0 intensity runs:Darkness BowValue: 307Ranged: 4 StarsMelee: 3 StarsOverall Defense +3, Paralysis +4, Heart Bonus +3That paralysis has saved my butt several times by making enemies unable to attack frequently (like that elephant enemy thing or the angler fish guy with super wide shots), and the overall defense is lovely for 9.0! Oh and that heart bonus. Awww yeeee.And I really want a Samurai Blade with a +4 dash melee attack, but that modifier always seems to get dropped in my fusion chains. Darn.Any opinions on how the Samurai Blade plays?

After a long chain of fusions, I have finally made the best set of Viridi Claws I could possibly make.Value: 270Ranged: 1.5 starsMelee: Half a starShot Defense +1, Freezing +4, Speed +4, Standing Cont. Fire +1, Melee Combo +4, and In-Peril attack boost +1Alku

So that's why you wanted to 1 on 1 me last night. =P I'm skeptical about the lack of stars, but knowing you, you'll beat me no matter what. xD

I just got the Flintlock Staff, and it's shots are good, but like the Bullet Blade, the melee is terrible. Now, this is a big deal for me, because I typically whittle down enemies's health with ranged shots, and finish them with melee attacks. Sure, the Bullet Blade and Flintlock Staff look cool, but there are better weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been playing KI:U recently. =/ Mostly because of Devil Survivor, but also just not playing my 3DS... Blender experimentations doesn't help. =P Might try to get back to playing it more this weekend, though. =)

Well, I've practically been playing this game nonstop. I don't know why, it's just so addicting.By the way, who likes the music in the game? The Underworld Gatekeeper's theme is one of my favorites. Despite not growing up in that era, I'm obsessed with 8-bit music. Too bad it's only the theme of a miniboss, because it's epic enough to be a final boss theme!

Edited by Dark Pit: Servant to None