Ninjago Topic

PowerMiner

While Ninjago the concept is strange and doesn't appeal to me as well as other lines this did (and barely any lines did appeal to me with the small exception of Pharoah's Quest and Alien Conquest), Ninjago has obviously shown that it is an extremely popular series and I believe it could go into often unreached third year of a Action-based line if the quality and appeal continues.I did see the Ninjago episodes I thoroughly enjoyed them, amazed at the quality. I do like how they took the time to develop Zane's character and background, making him all the more interesting and I hope they expand the back story idea to Jay, Kai, and Cole when the series begins (if they haven't already, I don't really know.)Unfortunately, I was lucky to watch the show because nobody else was home. I will not get as lucky when the series actually begins. I hope someone records the episodes and posts them online for my viewing pleasure.I've been wondering, who's Lloyd Garamadon's mothrer? http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/confusedw.gif

I have been wondering about Lloyd´s mother as well and have come to the conclusion that there is no mother. In LEGO worlds, there generally tend to be father-son relationships only and no mothers. Think of Clutch Powers or even Kai and Nya whose mother is never mentioned, while the father is. Same with Wu and Garmadon.I hope they will expand Cole´s character as he is the one we know the least about besides formerly and now not anymore hating dragons. So far, his character doesn´t seem too thorough compared to the others, so I wouldn´t mind some further characterization. I think Kai has received enough spotlight already and we already know who his father is, so no need for an episode devoted to him. I sense Nya will play a large role this time, though. As far as Jay is concerned, I can´t picture him too well having a deep backstory, he just seems fine being the ever-fun comic relief character, but I wouldn´t really mind if they gave him more backstory either.Anyway, if you enjoy the music from the NINJAGO movie and TV series as much as I do, check this out. ;) I love the main theme so much. :rolleyes: I also really like Kai's Training and the Main Event song.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Wait, how can Wu and Garmadon not have a mother?

Nobody said they didn't have one. But she was never mentioned in or important to the story.EDIT: Someone on another site discovered the website for Jay Vincent, the composer for the Ninjago TV series. The music for the series has impressed me since the first one-hour special aired, and the latest season hasn't disappointed me so far. You can listen to some Ninjago music selections on Jay Vincent's site. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Wait, how can Wu and Garmadon not have a mother?

Nobody said they didn't have one. But she was never mentioned in or important to the story.EDIT: Someone on another site discovered the website for Jay Vincent, the composer for the Ninjago TV series. The music for the series has impressed me since the first one-hour special aired, and the latest season hasn't disappointed me so far. You can listen to some Ninjago music selections on Jay Vincent's site.
Lol, check out my post two posts above yours. Wouldn´t surprise me at all if Jouster got it from my post. :P Could you ask him?~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I have been wondering about Lloyd´s mother as well and have come to the conclusion that there is no mother. In LEGO worlds, there generally tend to be father-son relationships only and no mothers. Think of Clutch Powers or even Kai and Nya whose mother is never mentioned, while the father is. Same with Wu and Garmadon.I hope they will expand Cole´s character as he is the one we know the least about besides formerly and now not anymore hating dragons. So far, his character doesn´t seem too thorough compared to the others, so I wouldn´t mind some further characterization. I think Kai has received enough spotlight already and we already know who his father is, so no need for an episode devoted to him. I sense Nya will play a large role this time, though. As far as Jay is concerned, I can´t picture him too well having a deep backstory, he just seems fine being the ever-fun comic relief character, but I wouldn´t really mind if they gave him more backstory either.Anyway, if you enjoy the music from the NINJAGO movie and TV series as much as I do, check this out. ;) I love the main theme so much. :rolleyes: I also really like Kai's Training and the Main Event song.~Gata. ;)

actually, jay does have a backstory. in episode three of season two (snakebit), it is revealed that he has parents, who live in a junkyard, and jay was born in said junkyard.

I found a clip of the Green Ninja in action online. It was very interesting.First, as you know, all four of the ninja have distinct eyebrows. This lets you tell who is who under a mask. The green Ninja seemed to have Kai's eyebrows.But here's the interesting part.He used the Nunchucks of Lightning exclusively. After the battle, he stood, with a fireball in his hand, literal fire in his eyes, and the falcon (from rise of the snakes episode 2, Home, the one that Zane said he felt a connection with?) on his other arm.All while Zane watched. It is possible that it was a dream on Zane's part. However, here lies my theory...The green ninja is some sort of combination of all four of the ninjas when they work together and all that.

Edited by King Joe

I doubt its anyone but Zane, considering its a kids show, so they will probably make the plot predictable, making it unpredictable for those who predict a better plot...Of course I may be wrong... :P~PowerMiner~

Eh, the first episode had me thinking Nya again, but then the second episode had me thinking Zane, now I have no idea.

Ninjago mildly interested me, but now that I've learned there's a story I'm interested. The only media I've seen are the shorts that are on the Lego Magazine DVD, and I kinda liked them. Are any of the shows online?-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Ninjago mildly interested me, but now that I've learned there's a story I'm interested. The only media I've seen are the shorts that are on the Lego Magazine DVD, and I kinda liked them. Are any of the shows online?-don't touch my pocket protector

You can find the mini movie from this year with high quality on video sharing websites as well as recordings of the first three episodes of the TV series and some excerpts of the fourth episode.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I found a clip of the Green Ninja in action online. It was very interesting.First, as you know, all four of the ninja have distinct eyebrows. This lets you tell who is who under a mask. The green Ninja seemed to have Kai's eyebrows.But here's the interesting part.He used the Nunchucks of Lightning exclusively. After the battle, he stood, with a fireball in his hand, literal fire in his eyes, and the falcon (from rise of the snakes episode 2, Home, the one that Zane said he felt a connection with?) on his other arm.All while Zane watched. It is possible that it was a dream on Zane's part. However, here lies my theory...The green ninja is some sort of combination of all four of the ninjas when they work together and all that.

I honestly hope the green ninja has a new element. I mean his spinjitzu is green. T_T

jlovfkk.jpg

I honestly hope the green ninja has a new element. I mean his spinjitzu is green. T_T

I doubt that. The colour of the Tornado does not seem to have anything to do with the element, but rather with the corresponding minifigure's clothing. Think of the Pink Ninja with his pink tornado and Lord Garmadon with his purple tornado. Maybe I am just mistaken and the Pink Ninja's element is candy floss, though. :PI have an interesting theory concerning the identity of the Green Ninja, though. After comparing the Green Ninja's eyebrows with those of all other known characters, I came to the conclusion they looked like Lloyd's eyebrows. Maybe Llyod will turn into the Green Ninja and fight his father?~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I doubt that. The colour of the Tornado does not seem to have anything to do with the element, but rather with the corresponding minifigure's clothing. Think of the Pink Ninja with his pink tornado and Lord Garmaddon with his purple tornado. Maybe I am just mistaken and the Pink Ninja's element is candy floss, though. :PI have an interesting theory concerning the identity of the Green Ninja, though. After comparing the Green Ninja's eyebrows with those of all other known characters, I came to the conclusion they looked like Lloyd's eyebrows. Maybe Llyod will turn into the Green Ninja and fight his father?~Gata. ;)
It's possible. On the Ninjago Wiki I run, someone posted on Lloyd's page that he was the Green Ninja. However, I had to remove that comment as it was speculation and/or leaked content. I don't allow that there. However, he did turn good in the latest episode that I've seen.

The first five (or six, I am not sure) episodes have already aired in Canada on Teletoon, so that's why uploads are appearing.By the way, I recently bought my first two spinners: Sensei Wu and Wyplash. However, I am not sure if other people have experienced this as well, but Sensei Wu seems to be far better than Wyplash. Not only does Wyplash not attach as well to the connector on the spinner as Wu, but the wide armor causes his spinner to wobble and thus the rotation speed quickly diminishes.About the Green Ninja: Supposing Lloyd is the Green Ninja, I really wonder what they will come up with in the story to explain how Lloyd turns into a grown minifigure.~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

About the Green Ninja: Supposing Lloyd is the Green Ninja, I really wonder what they will come up with in the story to explain how Lloyd turns into a grown minifigure.~Gata. ;)

It's called puberty. He seems pretty close to it.Either that or they could do a timeskip.

So, got the Fire Temple for Christmas. Awesome set, but I don't like how it appears to be on water. Oh well, minor gripe.I also got the Lightning and Earth Dragons which means I now have all the Ninjago Dragons.As for the 2012 sets, I'm only interested in the Rattlecopter and Cole's Tread Assault. Not really interested in the others (but that's what I said when Ninjago first kicked off, and I got sucked in).Haven't seen the two new episodes, but I have them recorded.By the way, thanks for finding the music for the TV show. Listening to it now.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

So, I run a little Ninjago wiki. If we could get help from you guys (If you're into that kinda thing) that would be fantastic!We are here. We are trying to be the best source of Ninjago information on the web! (Excluding the official LEGO site that is.)

I like Ninjago but I've never really gotten into it because I don't have cable and I can't get the videos online due to limited internet bandwidth (I live in a dead zone, it's not fun). What is the Season Two story like?

In my opinion, the second season lets the first pale in comparison. Better humor, better, deeper story with actual secrets (Green Ninja, falcon and now Samurai X). The characters are also far deeper now, especially Zane who is getting a lot of spotlight (Zane is my favourite character :)). Really, it´s worth watching.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I've been wondering, who's Lloyd Garamadon's mothrer? http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/confusedw.gif

lloyd only claims to be garmadons son. there is no proof
He doesn't "claim" it anytime in the story. But all of the story material states it as a fact, and the Ninja state it as if they know it for a fact (even referring to the boarding school he's from). I see no reason to be skeptical about that particular fact. You might as well say there's "no proof" that Nya is Kai's sister. The two say they're brother and sister, as does pretty much every piece of story media, but if we can't believe Lloyd is Lord Garmadon's son, why should we believe anything the story tells us about family relationships in Ninjago? It's not like the ninja will ever make him do a paternity test. :glare:

Since, for some reason, I can't see Lord Garmadon getting married and having a kid, I'll just say Lloyd was adopted. Maybe Lord Garmadon wanted to use him as an apprentice of some sort.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I say Lloyd doesn´t have a mother, short and simple. It´s not like it matters anyway, and it´s not the first time in LEGO media where a character is said to have a father but the mother is never mentioned (Clutch Powers). In the LEGO world, characters can have a father without having a mother. After all, paternity in LEGO is far more about the relation of father and son and of what they have in common than the biological aspect.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I enjoyed the tv episodes, they are lighthearted, and.remind me of the cutscenes from the Lego games.And I picked up the small snake.temple set, its pretty cool. the staff piece is win. and that snake tail piece makes me hope for a madusa in the collectable series.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

So, some people you may know (Bioran, Aanchir, Lyichir, Shadow Kurahk, and I) made a new wiki! It's called The Ninjago Wiki, or TNW at that. We strive for accurate information brought to you in a quality resource, and are building our strong community of LEGO Ninjago fans. If you want to join, it's free, and it'll be a great experience. ;) Check it out here.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I haven't watched all the episodes of the TV show, but do we know where Lord Garmardon is... Has he even appeared since he escaped from the underworld? Could his return to the world of the living have caused him to be transformed into a child?I mean, if Lloyd is Lord Garmardon, logically he should look a bit younger given that he wouldn't have had time to grow up... unless minifigs mature differently?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I haven't watched all the episodes of the TV show, but do we know where Lord Garmardon is... Has he even appeared since he escaped from the underworld? Could his return to the world of the living have caused him to be transformed into a child?I mean, if Lloyd is Lord Garmardon, logically he should look a bit younger given that he wouldn't have had time to grow up... unless minifigs mature differently?

That's what I think.Though I'm choosing to ignore any future story info

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

No, Lloyd is Garmadon's son. Lord Garmadon has only appeared in Zane's dream about the Green Ninja.Also, was it ever revealed why the skeletons wanted Nya?

aouROFb.png

No, Lloyd is Garmadon's son. Lord Garmadon has only appeared in Zane's dream about the Green Ninja.Also, was it ever revealed why the skeletons wanted Nya?
You mean in the story for 2011? She was a hostage. As Garmadon demonstrated quite effectively in the Fire Temple, he could threaten her in order to get Kai to do what he wanted (in this case, to retrieve the Dragon Sword of Fire).

I like Ninjago but I've never really gotten into it because I don't have cable and I can't get the videos online due to limited internet bandwidth (I live in a dead zone, it's not fun). What is the Season Two story like?

In my opinion, the second season lets the first pale in comparison. Better humor, better, deeper story with actual secrets (Green Ninja, falcon and now Samurai X). The characters are also far deeper now, especially Zane who is getting a lot of spotlight (Zane is my favourite character :)). Really, it´s worth watching.~Gata. ;)
But Samurai X is clearly Nya. That's not such a secret. The secret is why the ninja have video games in ancient Japan.

aouROFb.png

But Samurai X is clearly Nya. That's not such a secret. The secret is why the ninja have video games in ancient Japan.
It's not really ancient Japan. Kai's village has telephone lines (there's a phone in the show's blacksmith shop), Jay was found by Sensei Wu in a well-developed city, and of course the internal combustion engine is nothing new to the Serpentine or skeletons (or civilians, since the Serpentine vehicles are merely ordinary vehicles that have been bitten and transformed by the Fangpyre tribe). Not to mention that rather being located in Japan, the Ninjago story takes place in the world of Ninjago, which is a pseudo-Asian fantasy world carved quite nicely into the shape of a dragon's head.In some ways, this is a deliberate anachronism that adds to the show's zaniness. It reminds me of one of my favorite webcomics, "The Adventures of Dr. McNinja", as well as like other "fantasy martial arts" TV shows like Xiaolin Showdown and Jackie Chan Adventures. But in other ways, this is not so far-fetched. There are plenty of locations in the world where technological development (and cultural development) has only taken place here-and-there. I spent last January in a small village in Costa Rica. Some homes there had television, and many had electricity, but these were very recent developments. So the idea of a place that has managed to hold onto its traditions while still having technological development isn't at all far-fetched-- especially when there is magic in the world that depends on those traditions.