Ninjago Topic

PowerMiner

I like Ninjago but I've never really gotten into it because I don't have cable and I can't get the videos online due to limited internet bandwidth (I live in a dead zone, it's not fun). What is the Season Two story like?

In my opinion, the second season lets the first pale in comparison. Better humor, better, deeper story with actual secrets (Green Ninja, falcon and now Samurai X). The characters are also far deeper now, especially Zane who is getting a lot of spotlight (Zane is my favourite character :)). Really, it´s worth watching.~Gata. ;)
But Samurai X is clearly Nya. That's not such a secret. The secret is why the ninja have video games in ancient Japan.
I know Samurai X is Nya, but officially, it´s still a secret who Samurai X is. ;)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

So last week I got the books Jay: Ninja of Lightning and Cole: Ninja of Earth. I plan to review them in-depth just like I did with my first three Ninjago books (don't post there; topic is dead), but for now I'd like to share just a few of my impressions.First, as I expected, the stories are all set during the 2011 story arc even though the release date for these books was January 1 of this year. The biggest disappointment as a result of this is that the Jay book doesn't have him interact with Nya at all, although the introduction "From the Journal of Sensei Wu" at least mentions his "obvious attraction" to her. It's a shame, because I find their relationship in the show so cute and wanted to see it in more depth just like how the Zane book showed his personality and mysterious origins in a bit more depth than in the show.Neither book's stories were as exciting to me as the Zane book's, but that may just be because Zane is my favorite character. Out of all of them, my favorite was the short story "The Dragon's Roar" from the Jay book. The short story "The Real Hero" in the Cole book depicts the scene in which the Nunchucks of Lightning are recovered much differently than the show, so it creates some continuity questions. I wish Greg Farshtey was still around on this site to ask about that sort of thing.Overall, I recommend these books to anyone who has read and enjoyed the Kai and Zane books, and it's not necessary to have read either of those two previous books to follow along with these books' stories. But I can't recommend either as highly as I recommend the Zane book, which shoudl have lots of appeal especially to former BIONICLE fans who will be able to see shades of Makuta Teridax in Lord Garmadon's portrayal.

Should I catch an episode of the TV show? I've heard that it's a bit juvenile, what with the videogames and Zane going pink, etc, but people here seem to like it.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Should I catch an episode of the TV show? I've heard that it's a bit juvenile, what with the videogames and Zane going pink, etc, but people here seem to like it.

I don't see anything especially juvenile about the TV show, at least not more than most Saturday-morning cartoons. IMO, it's extremely entertaining, even with the occasional silly bits.If you want a preview of the sort of storytelling seen in the show, the original one-hour TV special that aired in January 2011 is available for free viewing in four parts on the Ninjago website:
  • [*]
Part 1[*]Part 2[*]Part 3[*]Part 4

If you like them, you can scroll down a bit further to see six two-minute mini movies. Those are a bit less plot-driven, though, given their length.

So when does the series continue? I saw the first two snake episodes and I want to see the rest.Kalhiki

Looks as though it'll be airing weekly on Cartoon Network, on Wednesday nights at 8/7C. In the past two weeks the first two snake episodes have replayed at this time, so I imagine next week we'll be getting Episode 3, "Snakebit", for the first time in the US.If Wednesdays aren't convenient, the Cartoon Network site's Ninjago page confirms that episodes also replay on Fridays at 7:30.

Hey guys, I just wanted to remind everyone that I'm working on a fantastic Ninjago wiki over on Wikia. It's progressing nicely, and has a lot of fantastic information. We're still trying to get our feet under us, so any help would be appreciated! You can find us here.

Hey guys, I just wanted to remind everyone that I'm working on a fantastic Ninjago wiki over on Wikia. It's progressing nicely, and has a lot of fantastic information. We're still trying to get our feet under us, so any help would be appreciated! You can find us here.

There's a different wiki that could use help, and has been working hard to get up and running, that can be found here. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

is there a "spinjitzu belt color order" of some kind? if so, what is it?

I think the best you could go off of would be the Ninja's outfits. No suit would be like the white belt, regular suit the next up, then DX, and then ZX, and whatever else Lego decides to do afterwards.

I was reading the comments on The Brick Show's Rattlecopter review and one person suggested that the Ninjas fight Canadians next. I'm glad to know that my country is on the same level of awesomeness as Undead Assorted and Snake men.

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Tonight's episode of the Ninjago TV series, "Snakebit", was quite entertaining.Spoilers follow!

It seems I wasn't too far off the mark when I said that the weapons transform by "the power of imagination" or something similar. Sensei Wu asks Jay to "imagine yourself taking flight" before his Nunchucks of Lightning become the Storm Fighter.I like this because it explains the modern vehicles thing quite nicely-- the weapons become the vehicles the Ninja feel best suit them, and none of the Ninja are from nearly as traditional a background as Sensei Wu (even Kai's rural village is wired for telephone).Naturally, Sensei Wu's command is still plenty vague and so I'm interpreting quite a bit more from it than what was explicitly said, but I expect that like a lot of the anachronism in the series, they won't go to any huge length to explain it, which leaves it open-ended for me to interpret it this way unless they do give a deeper explanation and contradict my interpretation.The Destiny's Bounty, which takes flight near the end of the episode, is of course beautiful. I like that its interior workings are just as anachronistic as its exterior, with an electronic control room and of course an electrical outlet for the Ninja to plug in their video game system.Rocky, Wisp, Shard, and Flame (the Ninja's four dragons) have to travel east to molt. I'm certain they will come back at a critical moment in the series, but it's too early to tell when that moment will be.The Fangpyre commander, Fangtom, has an excellent voice. I love the way the head that is speaking alternates. Also, the Fangpyre Serpentine look a lot better to me in the TV show than they do in the sets, partly because their eyes can dart back and forth, blink, etc, and thus they don't always have a seemingly sleep-deprived stare.Jay's parents are hilarious, what with how similar they are to Jay and yet how embarrassing they are to him at the same time. I love that the ship tease between Jay and Nya is being kept in the forefront. Its absence from the book Jay: Ninja of Lightning was one of the things that most disappointed me about that book, because I think Jay's awkward flirtations are quite entertaining.Lloyd is a wonderfully feeble villain, and I loved his scene in the graveyard. This is the first episode to really show how desperately he is seeking to fill the role his father-- and the rest of the world-- expects of him.The snake vehicles are quite nice looking, and the mech Jay's parents build for him and the Fangpyre transform is quite nicely designed. I wonder if it may be the same mech that Samurai X is shown piloting in one of the movie pics of her from the Ninjago website's characters page.

Anyone else watch the episode? What are your thoughts and observations?

I never really got into this. The TV show sounds weird, and after seeing the Hero Factory show, i'm scared to watch this or any of Lego's other shows.

Trust me, the NINJAGO TV series surpasses the HERO Factory episodes BY FAR. They are definitely worth watching. I can´t wait for them to start airing in Germany, but I still have to wait until the end of February for that. :( Until then, I can hopefully find the episodes in high quality in English.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I never really got into this. The TV show sounds weird, and after seeing the Hero Factory show, i'm scared to watch this or any of Lego's other shows.

Trust me, the NINJAGO TV series surpasses the HERO Factory episodes BY FAR. They are definitely worth watching. I can´t wait for them to start airing in Germany, but I still have to wait until the end of February for that. :( Until then, I can hopefully find the episodes in high quality in English.~Gata. ;)
You can find them a certain someplace.Anyway, I didn't think the "mech" as it was put was really a mech. I do believe it was a statue that was bit. Still, it was pretty sweet.

Trust me, the NINJAGO TV series surpasses the HERO Factory episodes BY FAR. They are definitely worth watching. I can´t wait for them to start airing in Germany, but I still have to wait until the end of February for that. :( Until then, I can hopefully find the episodes in high quality in English.~Gata. ;)
You can find them a certain someplace.Anyway, I didn't think the "mech" as it was put was really a mech. I do believe it was a statue that was bit. Still, it was pretty sweet.
I think a mech seems more like the type of thing Jay's father would build and give to Jay as a gift, personally. Jay and his parents all seem to be real tinkerers.

I heard Cole actually killed (or appeared to kill) a snake in one episode. Is this true?

Not in any of the episodes I've seen (and granted, I've only seen the first three, since those are the only three that have officially aired in the U.S. and I am not satisfied watching low-quality online recordings from other countries).

You can watch the epiodes 1-8 if you know where to look.

the pink ninja is zane, after a laundry accident

Actually, they are mislabeled, the only episodes that have aired are the first five, and they aren´t even available online anymore. Also, you might want to put spoilers into actual spoiler tags. ;) It´s really hard not to read them the way you announced them.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Just saw the new episode, Never Trust a Snake. It was entertaining, but overall quite a bit underwhelming. Given what was going on in the episode, I feel it should have been much more dramatic.

In this episode, Lloyd awakens Pythor, who is quite terrifying. But Pythor's eventual betrayal of Lloyd is not nearly as dramatic as I feel it should have been.Furthermore, there's not nearly enough in the episode to make the viewer understand Lloyd's plight and eventual change of heart. His recollections elicit a bit of sympathy, but no more than his bumbling attempts at villainy had elicited previously.The music in the episode was good as always. It was nice to see Zane's falcon (and its wonderful theme music) return, even if it was only in a dream.The montage of petty crimes Lloyd and Pythor committed was hilarious, including when they literally steal candy from babies. And Sensei Wu's riddle to the ninja was a good backdrop to Lloyd's attempts at achieving vengeance against those who had wronged him, especially with how the two stories eventually came together at the end.Still, I feel that Lloyd's choice to travel with the Ninja came too quickly and easily, and Pythor's betrayal didn't sting Lloyd visibly enough compared to some of his previous (and extremely sympathetic) betrayals like the one at the end of the second episode, Home.

Pythor was amazing. End of story, he's the best Snake-man. Loved the "acts of villainy" he and Lloyd committed (them laughing at making kids cry was hilarious).Not my favorite episode. Neat to see Nuckal and Kruncha show up, though. Zane's dream was kinda creepy, especially at the beginning with the falcon talking in Garmadon's voice. Also nice to see the Hypnobrai show up again as they're my favorite Serpentine. Pythor, like I said, was the best part of the episode. Not much else to say about it.

Y'know, if Garmadon and Wu are brothers, and Lloyd's last name is Garmadon, that means Sensei Wu's last name would thus have to be Garmadon. Strange if you think about it.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

The episode was great, and I especially loved what Lloyd and the Fangpyre did to get revenge on the Hypnobrai. :PI wrote an article, and analyzed the plot on The Ninjago Wiki, right here.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I wouldn´t be surprised if the falcon actually IS Lord Garmadon in some sort of new incarnation he has adopted to sneak on the ninja and lead them as he chooses (you know, if Makuta could do that, why not him? :P). If the Green Ninja is indeed Lloyd, the dream with the falcon landing on his arm would make sense then, although it could still be the representation of Zane; the nunchucks being that of Jay, the fire in the Green Ninja´s hands that of Kai and the strength that of Cole.

~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I'm not going to say I'm a big fan of Ninjago, I've only bought a couple sets and those were mostly for the figures, but I must admit I do enjoy the television show. Some parts actually made me laugh and there was, to my surprise, some good action in the episodes.My favorite character is Zane, but Pythor is my favorite out of the snakes. I hope he comes out in a set, even though if he did it would probably be a SUPER EXPENSIVE one.

overlordsukapon.png

I'm not going to say I'm a big fan of Ninjago, I've only bought a couple sets and those were mostly for the figures, but I must admit I do enjoy the television show. Some parts actually made me laugh and there was, to my surprise, some good action in the episodes.My favorite character is Zane, but Pythor is my favorite out of the snakes. I hope he comes out in a set, even though if he did it would probably be a SUPER EXPENSIVE one.

Zane is my favourite ninja as well. I figure he is for most people. :P Anyway, a Pythor minifigure would definitely make sense, although I doubt its neck and tail would have such a great range of motion as the animated version. :P~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Zane is my favourite ninja as well. I figure he is for most people. :P Anyway, a Pythor minifigure would definitely make sense, although I doubt its neck and tail would have such a great range of motion as the animated version. :P
Yeah, Zane seems to be a lot of people's favorite. =PPythor's tail would obviously be the regular snake general tail, which, as cool as it is, doesn't have any motion. His neck is troublesome for me, though, I don't know if it would have a completely stood up neck, or a hunched over one. I'd opt for stood up, but I'd be fine with hunched, I guess. The only thing setting me back from believing he'll end up as a minifigure is the fact that he has no bio on Ninjago.com, but that probably doesn't have anything to do with it. xP Anyway, yeah, whatever happens with Pythor being a minifigure, he won't have that great range of motion that he has in the TV show. :PPythor minifigure? For real?LEGO. MY MONEY. JUST TAKE IT ALREADY YOU HEINOUS WALLET SNATCHERS. Edited by Watashi Wa

overlordsukapon.png

Pythor minifigure? For real?LEGO. MY MONEY. JUST TAKE IT ALREADY YOU HEINOUS WALLET SNATCHERS.

Yeah man. Pythor is awesome. I'll be buying his set.One thing that I've pondered a bit about recently is why isn't there an Anacondrai Staff? My brother Lyichir's theory is that there isn't much of an antidote that could be supplied for the Anacondrai bite, 'cause they eat you. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Zane is my favourite ninja as well. I figure he is for most people. :P Anyway, a Pythor minifigure would definitely make sense, although I doubt its neck and tail would have such a great range of motion as the animated version. :P
Yeah, Zane seems to be a lot of people's favorite. =PPythor's tail would obviously be the regular snake general tail, which, as cool as it is, doesn't have any motion. His neck is troublesome for me, though, I don't know if it would have a completely stood up neck, or a hunched over one. I'd opt for stood up, but I'd be fine with hunched, I guess. The only thing setting me back from believing he'll end up as a minifigure is the fact that he has no bio on Ninjago.com, but that probably doesn't have anything to do with it. xP Anyway, yeah, whatever happens with Pythor being a minifigure, he won't have that great range of motion that he has in the TV show. :PPythor minifigure? For real?LEGO. MY MONEY. JUST TAKE IT ALREADY YOU HEINOUS WALLET SNATCHERS.
I believe the minifigure snake tail piece is either completely or partially made of rubber, like the minifigure octopus tentacles from the Atlantis theme. If so, it does have some movement, although it obviously wouldn't be able to slither and squirm quite like it does in the show.Hopefully when a Pythor minifigure is made (I certainly don't expect them to pass that up, since based on some of the other ninjago.LEGO.com bios he plays a quite significant role as a unifier of the other Serpentine tribes), his neck will also be made out of a rubbery material, although simple ABS plastic could also work. I just think the squirmier he is, the better.If it does turn out that there doesn't exist an Anacondrai staff, then it's possible there would be an in-story reason. The other function of the staffs, other than holding each snake's antivenom, is to designate the leader of the tribe.

If it turns out that, as is heavily implied, Pythor devoured his fellow Anacondrai, then there's certainly no need for him to hold any symbols of his leadership-- his existence as the last Anacondrai would be sufficient.

is there a "spinjitzu belt color order" of some kind? if so, what is it?

I think the best you could go off of would be the Ninja's outfits. No suit would be like the white belt, regular suit the next up, then DX, and then ZX, and whatever else Lego decides to do afterwards.
Ummm I think it's no suit-> black suit without badge-> (theoretically) colored suit without badge -> colored suit with badge -> DX (assuming there happens to be a dragon for the ninja in question). ZX was just designed to help battle the Serpentine, and anything else... We'll see. Also inb4 someone asks, I believe that the Kendo gear was just for training so that the Ninja don't smash (kill) each other during their little tournament thingy.And also

I think Pythor ate the ssstaff too, lol (Nah jk it's probably just lost. like Anachir said, Pythor doesn't need it any more, besides, whatever (sss)pecial power the Anacondrai have, the last thing he needs is the Ninja or anyone else being able to reverse it)

The episode was great, and I especially loved what Lloyd and the Fangpyre did to get revenge on the Hypnobrai. :P

Yeah. SERIOUS totally unexpected moment, lol. Edited by toatanu
toatanusignature.png

I want that dragon so bad. I assume that when the four dragons come back, it'll be in this form. Also the screenshots don't do justice to this display; the entire thing moves to show off all the action features. It's possibly the best LEGO set display I've ever seen.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I know: the display was amazing in about twenty six different ways. I'd show the video but alas, BZPower's rules of not being able to mention the most popular video site on the web stand in the way.Also I should have mentioned that not pictured is a snake motorcycle that appears to come with a Venomari. Also not pictured are four new ninjas that look awesome. They appear to be the main four ninjas just with different suits on, with Zane sporting a nice ice-blue one.

overlordsukapon.png

I know: the display was amazing in about twenty six different ways. I'd show the video but alas, BZPower's rules of not being able to mention the most popular video site on the web stand in the way.Also I should have mentioned that not pictured is a snake motorcycle that appears to come with a Venomari. Also not pictured are four new ninjas that look awesome. They appear to be the main four ninjas just with different suits on, with Zane sporting a nice ice-blue one.

Those four new ninja also appear to have glowy eyes. Avatar state, yip yip!And yes that motorcycle looks amazing. I assume the smallest of the Fangpyre vehicles in the TV series are based on that.

Seems strange how they would give a Venomari a vehicle instead of a Fangpyre, considering how only Fangpyre can turn things into snakes. Maybe this dude hijacked it or something? =P

Based on where it looks like the story is going, I think this'll be based after the tribes have started uniting.Another thing I noticed about the four new ninja is their weapons. It looks like we're finally getting warm gold lightsaber hilts!