Ninjago Topic

PowerMiner

this question is for those of you have been to jay vincents site:there was some music playing during the most today's episode that i did not recognize.one playing where the bird was looking at the snakes.(i'm going to assume that's vague enough to not merit a spoiler tag.)and one more that i didn't recognize. are they done by jay, or someone else?

Just about all of them are done by Jay. The ones you listed are I do know. There is another composer for the show though. Mike Kramer. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

this question is for those of you have been to jay vincents site:there was some music playing during the most today's episode that i did not recognize.one playing where the bird was looking at the snakes.(i'm going to assume that's vague enough to not merit a spoiler tag.)and one more that i didn't recognize. are they done by jay, or someone else?

Just about all of them are done by Jay. The ones you listed are I do know. There is another composer for the show though. Mike Kramer. ;)
yeah, i knew that... oops. i checked jays site, not there... i want them <_< Edited by bumblebee

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

It would be nice if there was a store exclusive or something that had parts that resembled all five Serpentine tombs, and could include all of the generals as well (because Pythor only comes in one set), but that's not happening this year. :(

I would practically die if that were to happen, as the Generals are my favorite minifigures of all time. Sadly, that probably won't happen... it'd be the best thing all year.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I personally like last year's sets more, since there were more structure-based and not all vehicle-based sets. But that's just me. :P

One problem I could see being a reason for not having as many structure-based sets is that just about all the significant locations that play a good role in this year's story are very vast locations, like the Sea of Sand (where the Anacondrai Tomb, Ed and Edna's Scrap 'n' Junk, the Lost City of Ouroboros, the original location of the Destiny's Bounty, the pyramd where the second Fang Blade is, and where the Fangpyre Tomb/graveyard is at the edge of) would be hard to make a good set of.It would be nice if there was a store exclusive or something that had parts that resembled all five Serpentine tombs, and could include all of the generals as well (because Pythor only comes in one set), but that's not happening this year. :(
Yea, but I still think it would be cool if we could see something like the pyramid in the background of this pic (on the left side). :)

yeah, i knew that... oops. i checked jays site, not there... i want them <_<
That was the falcon's theme, one of the most epic pieces not found on Jay Vincent's website. An extended version of it played as the ninja chased the falcon in "Tick Tock". It's probably still done by him, but let's face it: he is in no way required to include every piece of music in the series on the website. From my experience, samples like those on the websites of composers are meant as a sort of resume, so that potential employers can hear their work and consider hiring them. As such, these samples aren't meant for us fans as an easily obtainable soundtrack, and we're lucky Mr. Vincent has been so good about uploading as many pieces as he has so far.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So, after browsing random articles on Wikipedia for leasure, I came across a very useful discovery. The page I found was the page on the Jörmungandr, an ancient, colossal serpent in Norse mythology that was believed to be able to end the world. I then learned that in the Middle Ages, the Jörmungandr was depicted in an Ouroboros, an ancient symbol of a serpent biting its tail.The flag in the Lost City of Ouroboros has an icon of a serpent biting its tail (Image Here), and the ninja are trying to prevent the Great Devourer from destroying all of Ninjago. Sound reasonable?Another thing about the Ouroboros and how it relates to Ninjago is that on the back of the Lloyd ZX minifigure, his emblem is of an Ouroboros.This isn't the whole collection of my findings about this, because it's too in-depth to describe easily here. I did manage to put it all here and here though, so feel free to read it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Wait so there are people who don't know about the symbology and background related to the Ouroboros and the concept of rebirth and the giant snake?I..wat

Well, the thing that I didn't know was often depicted in the Ouroboros.Also, just so you know, not that many people know a lot of Norse mythology, so you don't have to be so harsh about it. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

That's not what I meant, nor how I intended that to soundI guess I just assumed everyone who didn't already know would do some research on it since it's featured so prominently in the show.But I guess that's just me being a geek about symbolism, so, apologies.

AXKP5KC.png

That's not what I meant, nor how I intended that to soundI guess I just assumed everyone who didn't already know would do some research on it since it's featured so prominently in the show.But I guess that's just me being a geek about symbolism, so, apologies.

To be fair, in the eyes of kids watching the show Ouroboros could be just a name, like Jamanakai Village. Ninjago hasn't typically been heavy on symbolism in the past, so viewers might not be on the lookout for it.

To be fair, in the eyes of kids watching the show Ouroboros could be just a name, like Jamanakai Village. Ninjago hasn't typically been heavy on symbolism in the past, so viewers might not be on the lookout for it.
I agree. Personally I never even considered the name Ouroboros could have a meaning.Episode 9 has aired in Germany today. I had hoped they would say when the series continues, but no luck. :mellow:~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I was wondering, since I don't own this card, and I can't find a good image of it, if somebody could please scan this card if they have it:4631444.jpgPlease be sure not to confuse it with a different Sensei Wu card, as there are 2 others. Check the bottom-right corner of the card, and if the number is "★1", then it is the correct card. The only sets it came in was 853111 Exclusive Weapon Training Set and 2856134 Ninjago Card Shrine, unless you got it through an online order.If you can get a good scan of it, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I was wondering, since I don't own this card, and I can't find a good image of it, if somebody could please scan this card if they have it:4631444.jpgPlease be sure not to confuse it with a different Sensei Wu card, as there are 2 others. Check the bottom-right corner of the card, and if the number is "★1", then it is the correct card. The only sets it came in was 853111 Exclusive Weapon Training Set and 2856134 Ninjago Card Shrine, unless you got it through an online order.If you can get a good scan of it, it would be much appreciated.

Would I just use a scanner, or what? Cause I have the card, I may be able to do so. It's holographic too, so would that cause a problem with the scanning of it?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Would I just use a scanner, or what? Cause I have the card, I may be able to do so. It's holographic too, so would that cause a problem with the scanning of it?
If you have it, try scanning. If it has settings, try messing around with them to get the best result, because holographic things can cause problems that way. Just upload it to Brickshelf or something, and I'll be very thankful. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

If you have it, try scanning. If it has settings, try messing around with them to get the best result, because holographic things can cause problems that way. Just upload it to Brickshelf or something, and I'll be very thankful. :)
I can scan it. One question: Why do you need it?

aouROFb.png

I can scan it. One question: Why do you need it?
One, as a personal reference, and two, because The Ninjago needs it. I'd also like to see differences in it from other promotional cards, but I've pretty much gotten that from this lame image I posted above. I'd prefer it in a PNG. You can upload it here as well. (go here if you want to upload it as a JPG).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Question for anyone who works on The Ninjago Wiki: Are there picture galleries? Cause if not, that should be done, I'd think. It's easier to navigate through pics that way, of which I'm doing. If there are and I'm just not noticing, how can I find them?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Question for anyone who works on The Ninjago Wiki: Are there picture galleries? Cause if not, that should be done, I'd think. It's easier to navigate through pics that way, of which I'm doing. If there are and I'm just not noticing, how can I find them?

Currently there are not. Since you asked though, we'll do it very soon.For now, I suggest browsing images through the categories. We try to keep everything categorized well. Files that aren't categorized can be found here. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Currently there are not. Since you asked though, we'll do it very soon.For now, I suggest browsing images through the categories. We try to keep everything categorized well. Files that aren't categorized can be found here.
Thanks so much!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Currently there are not. Since you asked though, we'll do it very soon.For now, I suggest browsing images through the categories. We try to keep everything categorized well. Files that aren't categorized can be found here.
Thanks so much!
You're welcome! It might be somewhat of a wait before we can get the galleries, because I'd have to set it up in the MediaWiki software, which I can't because I don't have the FTP password anymore since my laptop is being repaired (like that mean anything to anybody :P). I'll try to have it done as soon as possible though. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Thanks so much!
You're welcome! It might be somewhat of a wait before we can get the galleries, because I'd have to set it up in the MediaWiki software, which I can't because I don't have the FTP password anymore since my laptop is being repaired (like that mean anything to anybody :P). I'll try to have it done as soon as possible though. ;)
We do have some on-page collapsible galleries you can look at now, though, but they aren't full-on ones at this point. You can see an example on the Spinjitzu Masters Tour page. Speaking of which, I should probably go Metro-ify those...

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of this, I should probably ask for opinions before doing something out of the ordinary. If we were to include broad-subject galleries on The Ninjago Wiki, would people prefer a whole page for them with a title like "Gallery:Ninja", or would you prefer a nice JavaScript flyout container that is summoned by a button near the top. An example of what i mean by a "flyout container" is if you've seen on a BZPower user profile, when you click something like "Send me a message" or "Name change history", it opens an in-page windows with the content. If you haven't seen these, try visiting a profile an click those buttons I mentioned. This would also make it a bit easier on people looking for Ninjago information, and who want to get an easy-to-find list of images.Also, now that the Ninjago TV series closed the second season with an epic finale, I assume we will be seeing more Ninjago comics, activities, and other stuff in LEGO Club magazines. I personally hope we will see more comics, because they are usually pretty cool and/or funny, but we've only seen a limited few so far.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Speaking of this, I should probably ask for opinions before doing something out of the ordinary. If we were to include broad-subject galleries on The Ninjago Wiki, would people prefer a whole page for them with a title like "Gallery:Ninja", or would you prefer a nice JavaScript flyout container that is summoned by a button near the top. An example of what i mean by a "flyout container" is if you've seen on a BZPower user profile, when you click something like "Send me a message" or "Name change history", it opens an in-page windows with the content. If you haven't seen these, try visiting a profile an click those buttons I mentioned. This would also make it a bit easier on people looking for Ninjago information, and who want to get an easy-to-find list of images.

Sorry, but this is not the place to ask for feedback on your wiki. It makes much more sense to do so in your wiki anyway as there are more people concerned about your decision there than here. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

As much as I dislike the new NINJAGO, I have to announce this:The same source that released correct (but lousey) info on the 2012 series, the IMD (I...think), has released 2013 series info.The new series will be centered around ninja vs pirates. There will be two pirate armies, the undead army and the half-seacreature half-human army. (PotC, anyone???)It will also feature the return of temple sets (I think) and possibly a 'Destiny's Bounty 2'....wonderous....So, thoughts...? I'm not too excited...

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

As much as I dislike the new NINJAGO, I have to announce this:The same source that released correct (but lousey) info on the 2012 series, the IMD (I...think), has released 2013 series info.The new series will be centered around ninja vs pirates. There will be two pirate armies, the undead army and the half-seacreature half-human army. (PotC, anyone???)It will also feature the return of temple sets (I think) and possibly a 'Destiny's Bounty 2'....wonderous....So, thoughts...? I'm not too excited...

That information is wrong. One of the writers for the Ninjago Series posted on his blog recently saying that they haven't finished even thinking of ideas for the first 3 episodes. It's undecided, and people made up those descriptions. That's the problem with that site, because anybody can change what they want without citing it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Wait, so the titles for the episodes are fake, too? I have found them on other TV guides as well but I´m not sure if they were provided with the titles themselves or if they simply took them from the other database. :unsure:Better remove the site´s name from your post, too, as it has forums.Spinjitzu Master, you say you don´t like the new Ninjago, but have you even given it a chance? Have you actually watched the TV series? If you haven´t, I urge you to watch at least Episode 7: Tick Tock. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Wait, so the titles for the episodes are fake, too? I have found them on other TV guides as well but I´m not sure if they were provided with the titles themselves or if they simply took them from the other database. :unsure:-Gata signoff.jpg

No, the titles have been announced officially to broadcasting networks and such. They have a season plot laid out, bu haven't chosen which episodes have what in them apparently.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Wait, so the titles for the episodes are fake, too? I have found them on other TV guides as well but I´m not sure if they were provided with the titles themselves or if they simply took them from the other database. :unsure:-Gata signoff.jpg

No, the titles have been announced officially to broadcasting networks and such. They have a season plot laid out, bu haven't chosen which episodes have what in them apparently.
Oh, okay.I thought I should let you guys know that I have bought issue 2 of the German Ninjago Magazine today, containing part two of a comic that looks like it will be featured in the upcoming graphic novel. Unfortunately I couldn´t find issue 1 and thus part 1 of the comic, but still, I´ll try to take some pictures soon.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

@Mieko: Oh. I apologize if it is fake information. (and just when it sounded like the temples and mystisism was returning....)I suppose we will have to wait, though I hardly care. Until they return to what 2011 was, I am turned off.@Gata: With all due respect, my friend, Tik Tock is what turned me off entirely. I am a fan of Japanese mystisism and adventure and all the vehicles and videogames and pop-references and dancing and turning my favorite character into a robot just ruined it for me. I am a fan of Ninjago 2011.

Edited by Spinjitzu Master

daringsig.png

Arg, I keep reading in so many blogs and stuff how people hate Ninjago 2012 because they think that Ninja shouldn't have vehicles and stuff because it isn't "oriental" enough. In all honesty, it makes much more sense to have Ninja using vehicles than living skeletons driving monster trucks, motorcycles, and other obscure vehicles that travel through portals to an Underworld. This is why I really dislike critics who don't consider what they are even criticizing. It's just... annoying. Who else agrees that Ninjago 2011 was probably less practical than 2012?

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Mieko, did you notice that NINJAGO 2011 maintained MANY MANY Oriental themes? A Dojo? Dragons? The Skeletons using vehicles is fine. It was vehicles vs. ancient oriental awesomeness, and ancient oriental awesomeness always won. Now it is...vehicles vs...vehicles. Egh.So there is my point, friend.

daringsig.png

Thing is, Ninjago isn't an entirely Oriental world. It's a modern day land with cultural ties. It has big metropolis co-existing with small villages that appear mostly based around their seemingly ancient culture. It only makes sense that there'd be vehicles in this world what with the technology they have already. I'm fine with all the factions having vehicles because, to me, it makes sense. I mean, If I were a ninja in that world, you can bet I'd get a vehicle to help me fight my opponents.Besides, their dragons flew away. They needed a replacement for them.And Lego needs to sell toys :P .Not saying I didn't enjoy the dragons. One of my goals for 2011 was to get all four dragons (which I did), and I prefer them over the new vehicles (though I don't possess any on the Ninja's vehicles, so it's purely based on designs and pictures).Also, there really aren't many iconic Oriental themes that can be made into sets. Vehicles and technology are a lot more versatile when it comes to designing sets. I'd rather have unique vehicles than generic temples.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Most LEGO designers would prefer it, because it is easy to create and people buy them. It is pitiful.About NINJAGO 2011 being in a modern environment: Did it matter...? They stayed out of the city and it was awesome. And the Golden Weapons were supposed to be ancient and yet they turn into vehicles, so the 'they have vehicles due to the era' argument is invalid.But by the Spirits, the Golden Weapons changing into vehicles is so...

Edited by bonesiii
Please do not use variations on filtered words. -bones

daringsig.png

Well, to each their own. It´s your right to dislike Ninjago 2012, after all. :P To be honest, I was a bit skeptical when I first saw the new green logo. I feared Ninjago would lose the elegance it had in its first year which it eventually did but I didn´t care too much as I do like the vehicles and fortunately, they have kept the same style for the artwork.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Most LEGO designers would prefer it, because it is easy to create and people buy them. It is pitiful.About NINJAGO 2011 being in a modern environment: Did it matter...? They stayed out of the city and it was awesome. And the Golden Weapons were supposed to be ancient and yet they turn into vehicles, so the 'they have vehicles due to the era' argument is invalid.But by the Spirits, the Golden Weapons changing into vehicles is so...

As far as I can tell, the transformations of the Golden Weapons are based largely on the imaginations of their wielders. So to me it makes sense that they would become cutting-edge vehicles, since the ninja come from very nontraditional upbringings.I think it's a bit rude of you to assume the vehicles are done because they're "easier to design". There's not much easier to build than traditional structures, which can usually be built from the ground up (LEGO's been doing it for years, particularly in Castle themes). The new vehicles, on the other hand, use complex hingework and SNOT (Studs Not On Top) techniques. The designs of the vehicles this year are some of the best I've seen, particularly the Serpentine vehicles which are nothing short of genius.And maybe they do sell better to the target audience, but that's as it should be. One of the first lessons an AFOL like myself learns is to get used to being a periphery demographic. LEGO sets may still appeal to you, but once you reach a certain age most sets stop being targeted toward you in particular.As I've mentioned before, there are still plenty of Oriental themes in this year's Ninjago. The two prime examples are the Destiny's Bounty (which, apart from the jets on the side, is essentially a traditional Japanese vessel) and the 4-headed Ultra Dragon (which combines aspects of last year's four dragons). I think the main difference between the two years of Ninjago is less the fact that the first year had more Oriental stylings and more that the current year is just less location-based. There's an abundance of vehicles because this year's story requires the ninja to constantly be on the move.

Today I see the word GOLF on the rear of a VW GOLF and the first thing I think is that if you remove one line from the G and add one line to the F, you get COLE. :wacko: I´m too Ninjago-obsessed, even more so after buying the magazine yesterday and all. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I originally wasn't a fan of Ninjago 2012, but then I saw the minifigures, which were really freaking cool, and I also began to watch the show, which really turned me ove rthe the series again. I also like the redone spinners, with crowns and blades underneath and such. I think it's still pretty cool.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Regarding the design quality of the Ninjago vehicles, I don't think "easy to design" is a factor at all. The Ninjago dragons had a few interesting techniques like the hinged wings, but were otherwise rather generic and relied on pre-fabricated head molds. Other than the Earth Dragon, each only had one function, a generic launcher.The ninja vehicles, besides Zane's snowmobile, all have unique functions that make them extremely exciting. I don't think these functions would have been easy to design by any stretch of the imagination. And none of them are functions that have really been mimicked in any LEGO sets in the past, besides of course the blunt shooter on Cole's Tread Assault.I definitely agree with my brother about how the ninja vehicles are formed from the ancient Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu. When Sensei Wu is teaching the Ninja to transform their weapons into vehicles, his exact words to Jay are "imagine yourself taking flight". This really pleased me because not only did it explain how the modern-looking vehicles could come from such ancient weapons, but it brought in the Power of Imagination, which has always been a core LEGO value and which is also apparent in the Ninja's most advanced Spinjitzu move, the Tornado of Creation. While Ninjago would have a pretty excellent story in my book whether or not it was created by The LEGO Group, it's moments like this where the LEGO values shine that help me to appreciate it within the context of the LEGO brand, and not just as a generic adventure story whose characters happen to be minifigures.Obviously not everyone likes anachronism in their stories, but I have for a long time. Early BIONICLE, in my opinion, got a lot of its charm from having robotic characters in a semi-primative tropical island setting, and even later on it kept some of that charm through the unique cultures it explored. Today, some of the webcomics I like include the steampunk world of Girl Genius, the completely wacky Axe Cop, and the humorous but grounded Adventures of Dr. McNinja. I enjoyed the TV show Avatar: The Last Airbender for building a semi-historical, semi-anachronistic culture around its "bending" powers, and the new show The Legend of Korra continues that trend.So needless to say I am perfectly comfortable with the technological-fantasy mash-up that is LEGO Ninjago, even though the first year's tradition vs. technology motif didn't really extend beyond that year's sets (and in truth I think it would have been somewhat out-of-place in such a decidedly good vs. evil story, where the nuances, benefits, and flaws of each can't be examined in equal detail).On a side note, who else here wonders what next year's sets and story might be? With the Destiny's Bounty gone, the Ninja will need another new headquarters, which is a good opportunity from a product-design perspective. And since the Ninja no longer have their golden weapons, new vehicles or animal steeds are a definite possibility (though their origins would have to be impressive if they want to compare to the dragons of 2011 or the magical, imagination-powered vehicles of 2012). But what form those vehicles/steeds might take is a mystery to me. Like the dragons and ninja vehicles, they'd probably have to be a range of sizes and shapes.

I greatly enjoy the anachromism as well, and personally I love the vehicle´s designs and like how they are very distinct from one another. However, I also understand that someone who had hoped a new ninja theme would make extensive use of ancient, traditional elements would be disappointed by the result. ;) Who knows, we may see a return/introduction of those next year, so don´t give your hopes up yet, Spinjitzu Master. :D-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png