Quick Question

nuhvok campaign manager

As the title suggests, I wanted to ask something that I'm not quite sure about. I have an MOC that I was considering posting to the BBC forum, but the model's name indirectly references old Christian mythology and it has a cross on it's weapon. I'm not exactly sure if this would be in violation of BZP's "No Religious Discussion" rule or not. Can anyone give me a more specified answer on this?

VOTE BAHRAG!

Tahu: "Who exactly are you?"

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

Mata Nui: "..."

My Current MOCs: -Kervahnka-, -Gatling Gun-, -Jetbug 2.0-

Credit to ~ProtoSmith~ for the avatar.

The no-religion rule more refers more to members not being allowed to discuss/practice/advertise their religions on the site, because it can lead to serious arguments and flame wars.If the name indirectly references it, then it should be fine; however, if you're unsure, you could pm one of the forum mentors. As for the cross on the weapon, that would be okay. -ibrow

The no-religion rule more refers more to members not being allowed to discuss/practice/advertise their religions on the site, because it can lead to serious arguments and flame wars.If the name indirectly references it, then it should be fine; however, if you're unsure, you could pm one of the forum mentors. As for the cross on the weapon, that would be okay. -ibrow

That's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure. I will probably still ask a forum mentor just to be safe. Thanks. :)

VOTE BAHRAG!

Tahu: "Who exactly are you?"

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

Mata Nui: "..."

My Current MOCs: -Kervahnka-, -Gatling Gun-, -Jetbug 2.0-

Credit to ~ProtoSmith~ for the avatar.

This is correct. There is the issue of intent behind the rule as well - if you intend to make a religious statement by posting the MOC, then it wouldn't be allowed. However, it is clear that this is not your intent. A MOC sporting a cross isn't going to engender any flame wars; a name alluding to the mythology isn't going to cause any offense. Such names are often in common use and have become removed from their original contexts and meanings, too. If you leave it at that, therefore, your topic will be fine. To be safe, I wouldn't reveal the origins of your MOC's name, or anything like that. Simply show off the MOC, get feedback, kick back, sip some coffee - yes, as a BBC Forum Leader, I'm giving you the green light. I hope your topic does well!Question answered, topic closed. Edited by -Windrider-
"If" clause tense mix-up