Unnamed Vorox

Yeah, this model isn't anything too terribly special. I threw it together one afternoon while I was waiting for my friend to come pick me up. I haven't thought of a name for it, so suggestions are welcome. But seeing as this is essentially a throw away MOC, I am not particularly driven to name it either.It was dismantled for pieces shortly after being made, so there are only a few pictures of it. It was made to be a Vorox alpha male, and it's weapons include a large claw, a makeshift Thornax Launcher, and a long, whip-like tentacle on it's forearm.EDIT: It's name is going to be Kervahnka, as suggested by "Voxumo The Frozen One".vorox.jpgAnd additionally, a pose shot: (Link)Any comments or criticisms are appreciated.

Edited by nuhvok campaign manager

VOTE BAHRAG!

Tahu: "Who exactly are you?"

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

Mata Nui: "..."

My Current MOCs: -Kervahnka-, -Gatling Gun-, -Jetbug 2.0-

Credit to ~ProtoSmith~ for the avatar.

The left hand is awesome and the way the Zamor Sphere launcher is put together is pretty clever. The only downside to the MOC is that the tentacle is way too long.

Yeah, I originally made it that long so that it could wrap around other canister-sized sets all the way around, but it does make posing... interesting. I also designed the Zamor Launcher to accommodate Thornax to resemble the prototype models of the first Glatorian line. I absolutely love Thornax, but the final launchers I was not so happy with.Anyways, I am glad you like the rest of it. Thanks!

VOTE BAHRAG!

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

wow that is very good for something you just threw together. The only name i can think of is maybe kervahnka

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

wow that is very good for something you just threw together. The only name i can think of is maybe kervahnka

Thanks, I appreciate it. And I actually really like that name! I think I will call it that. :D

VOTE BAHRAG!

A neat MOC, with color scheme that works well considering the history of the Vorox. He looks devolved, and as if he had been accumulating new weapons and such. I like the silver/tan/grey because it is convincing - that is how I would expect a desert dweller to look. Low contrast is good here. The tail/tentacle, primarily because it is black, isn't very cohesive, both in itself and with the MOC. Try grey HF limbs - it would make it look and articulate better. a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Thanks, I appreciate it. And I actually really like that name! I think I will call it that. :biggrin:
well i'm glad you like it the name and thanks for considering it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

As others said, the tentacle is rather clashing with the rest of the MOC. Other than that it looks cool. I love this claw. It's a good idea to use a Zesk helmet for a Vorox, too. It works well.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

As others said, the tentacle is rather clashing with the rest of the MOC. Other than that it looks cool. I love this claw. It's a good idea to use a Zesk helmet for a Vorox, too. It works well.

Yeah, I kind of see that now. I mostly did it because I couldn't find a better color for it, but in retrospect I guess I could have used Metru grey limbs for it. I'm glad you like it, though. I've been wanting to use a Zesk helmet in something for quite a while now.

A neat MOC, with color scheme that works well considering the history of the Vorox. He looks devolved, and as if he had been accumulating new weapons and such. I like the silver/tan/grey because it is convincing - that is how I would expect a desert dweller to look. Low contrast is good here. The tail/tentacle, primarily because it is black, isn't very cohesive, both in itself and with the MOC. Try grey HF limbs - it would make it look and articulate better. a_peace.png

True. I didn't have any at the time, though. But as I've said, at least Metru grey limbs would work better. I am glad that the accumulation effect shows in this, though. I was trying to go for a sort of "Mad Max" vibe building it, and I wasn't quite sure if I pulled it off properly. Thank you for the feedback. :)

VOTE BAHRAG!

The claw is what first caught my eye, as well as the launcher. Both are very creative. I like the build as well as the fact that you didn't use a Vorox head, but a Zesk head. As others have said before me, the tentacle looks very out of place yet you could probably justify it somehow (shadow powers?) or change it to the HF grey arms mentioned before in the replies.

Credit to Moist! from the Spectral Avohkii Enterprises for the super sig!

confusingbanner3.gif

^The Chronicles of Chandu: ElementElites, Ivu, Equinox. An epic written by cylex7^

"I applaud your valiant ways in the face of futility." - Makuta Kazyx, CoC

Chapter 6 of CoC ElementElites is up!!! Please review!

The claw is what first caught my eye, as well as the launcher. Both are very creative. I like the build as well as the fact that you didn't use a Vorox head, but a Zesk head. As others have said before me, the tentacle looks very out of place yet you could probably justify it somehow (shadow powers?) or change it to the HF grey arms mentioned before in the replies.

Yeah... It looks like I might just have to revisit this guy later on down the road to correct it's problems, but I'm glad you like the overall model. While I didn't have a lot invested in the Vorox itself, I was quite satisfied with the launcher I made and I'm happy to see it get such great reception. Thanks for the comment. :)

VOTE BAHRAG!