Bionicle Story Updates?

It's been a LONG while since the last update. When Lego said they'd be cancelling the Bionicle sets, they said the story would continue throughout 2011, but for now, it seems pretty dead (I guess the year is almost over, so that may make sense). What do you think? EDIT: Whoo 1st Hot Topic! :onfire:

Edited by Toa Vishvax of Xiark

team_axonn_banner_redone.png

Credit to .:MatoroIgnika:. for the awesome banner.

75% of BZPers are afraid to show there love for Bionicle, if you are part of the 25% that are proud to call yourselves fans of Bionicle, Copy and Paste this into your sig.

I've been wondering that myself, and I've thought of several possible reasons why. 1. His life. He's been very busy, what with his daughter and all, so that may be the reason. 2. His work. He's been hard at work writing books for the Ninjago series which recently got released. That has probably been eating up his time. 3. His audience. With BZPower down, what was the purpose of updating the serials if nobody's going to be able to discuss them? Now that BZP's up and running, I hope to see an increase in the story updates. Though I fear we may not see BIONICLE past the end of this year. -Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

well think of it like this. Bionicle is the original series. gone for 10 years, then ends. in that time, Greg does other stuff, as writers often do. But then The Bionicle Saga has a new generation. on the top of my head, 3 super famous TV shows have done that. Star Trek (with the Next Generation), Star Gate (With Atlantis) and Avatar (with... what ever Aangs daughter is named). So maybe the saga will end, but a new one may begin

Edited by Astrotorical

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Greg Farshtey is a busy man, you have to realize. Especially now that he has a daughter to take care of. I hope he still updates it, and I'm sure he will (just over long periods of time). But I don't think we can expect the story to continue past 2011. -NotS

Three 1/2 months between serial updates busy?

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Greg Farshtey is a busy man, you have to realize. Especially now that he has a daughter to take care of. I hope he still updates it, and I'm sure he will (just over long periods of time). But I don't think we can expect the story to continue past 2011. -NotS

It is a bit odd, but I am sure GregF will have a reasonable explanation when he comes back. Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

It is a bit odd, but I am sure GregF will have a reasonable explanation when he comes back.
He's not coming back because lego won't let him post anymore.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

As I said in the other topic, it's understandable that the serials haven't gotten much attention. GregF seems to be a busy man, especially since I've no doubt LEGO is encouraging him to focus on Ninjago with the sales those have been pulling. The idea that BZP's downtime has sapped his motivation is also pretty reasonable; at this point, any story updates are for the hardcore fans, and BZP is where all the hardcore fans are. When we're not around, he's got no way to get a response to any updates short of keeping track of how many hits they get. As for the abovementioned idea that Bionicle might see a rebirth in the form of a continuation series, it's a nice idea, but at the moment I wouldn't focus on it too much; as far as I know Hero Factory is still doing fairly well, and I'm guessing LEGO will want to go through a fairly long run with that before they begin considering a replacement or additional Technic series. This isn't to say we should all just vanish (I've heard the quote), but it's good to keep expectations reasonable.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I've been wondering that myself, and I've thought of several possible reasons why. 1. His life. He's been very busy, what with his daughter and all, so that may be the reason. 2. His work. He's been hard at work writing books for the Ninjago series which recently got released. That has probably been eating up his time. 3. His audience. With BZPower down, what was the purpose of updating the serials if nobody's going to be able to discuss them? Now that BZP's up and running, I hope to see an increase in the story updates. Though I fear we may not see BIONICLE past the end of this year. -Mesonak

We ARE Bionicle. I'm sure Greg wouldn't leave us with an unfinished story, Kopaka and Pohatu in danger, Mavrah alive with no explanation, the Mahri in a trance, Marendar and a Great Being plotting to kill all the MUians... Plus I've heard that Greg has plans for Roodaka, and we haven't seen her since 2008. It's going to continue, it just might take a lot of time. But let's use common sense here. Would Lego want him to focus on a line that's been dead for a year and a half, or on their third best-selling series right now? Edited by Zarohum

My suspicion is that towards the end of the year both TPTB and TYQ will get one or two more chapters which will rush them to a final conclusion so that the line can be completely laid to rest. I doubt Lego's gonna keep this going much longer, and I doubt Greg really has time for it.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

I agree, I think that there aren't much chapter left for the ongoing serials. After all, when was last time that one serial was updated? I remember something about Sahmad's Tale but that was long ago.

Yes, the last serial update was Sahmad's Tale at the end of June. Last chapter of the serial too.

jlovfkk.jpg

Well, when I left, the story was in good standing...now...many mysteries, less answers. I completely understand GregF has a very busy schedule, and as my good friend Mesonak pointed out all of the possible reasons, it's clear that the story is all but done after this year. If it ends, so be it. It would be a terrible loss, but if Greg can just finish the 2 serials, in a good way, tell who the GB, the Murderer and Mavrah's reappearance, and remove Marendar's threat , then the story can end gracefully, with no mysteries. Lets hope Mr. Farshtey finishes up the story soon, and lets hope for the best :)-Star.

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

We also need to find out what happened to The Shadowed One, why the Mask of Time was taken and what it will be used for, etc. Man, there are a lot of mysteries that have to be wrapped up.

I even forgot about that myself. Last I checked, he disappeared from Xia, after a huge explosion or something of the sort. As for the Vahi, I thought Voporak had stolen it, but he hasn't been seen in forever...wow....I forgot some of these mysteries. -Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

We also need to find out what happened to The Shadowed One, why the Mask of Time was taken and what it will be used for, etc. Man, there are a lot of mysteries that have to be wrapped up.

I even forgot about that myself. Last I checked, he disappeared from Xia, after a huge explosion or something of the sort. As for the Vahi, I thought Voporak had stolen it, but he hasn't been seen in forever...wow....I forgot some of these mysteries. -Star
And That is what Bionicle Sector 01 is for.
PM me if you attend Dixie State College or BYU or know someone who does
Or at least live in or are from southern Utah

And That is what Bionicle Sector 01 is for.
And this topic.

Regardless, there are still plently of plots in the story that need to be covered over the next 2 months or so if Bionicle does indeed end in 2011. However, there are plenty of names left and BionicleStory.com will still be active, so regardless of how slow the updates will be, I hope it will keep going till we can wrap up all the plot points in a way that feels non-rushed.

I used to be Blaze Toa Lhikan, but I changed my name.

Hey boys and girls! Like the Malum set? If you do, you will love it even more when you see this adjustment. Click Here

This. Greg has a lot of things to work on, and a lot going on now with his family. But I hope Bionicle will be alive past this year. Otherwise, we'll keep it alive ourselves.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I agree, I think that there aren't much chapter left for the ongoing serials. After all, when was last time that one serial was updated? I remember something about Sahmad's Tale but that was long ago.

Yes, the last serial update was Sahmad's Tale at the end of June. Last chapter of the serial too.
This was actually the only update we got in the entire downtime!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!