RPG Forum Contest 23

Black Six

No awesome banners. That's the reason. My banner generator continues to not work for me. =/That or the fact that so few people play it now. Although for it being my first experience as a GM, I must say it was a lot of fun.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

No Island of Pain? :(Well, my 2 & 3 made it, at the very least. Hmm, what to pick? My 4 & 5 are gone too ( :()I'm gonna go with Rhythm n' Blues.Yeah.Congrats to the finalists.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I believe this is where we stand now, complied so people don't have to go bother with the closed topics:

• [*]Trapped in a Map[*]Beat and Rhythm[*]Rust[*]Techna[*]Day Run[*]The Horde out of Limbo[*]City of the Dead[*]Kirse: City of the Great Beings

I'm pleased to see something as promising as Kirse hold its own so well. My choices are:

• [*]THooL (duh)[*]TiaM[*]Kirse

:w:

1. Rust2. City of the Dead3. Beat and RhythmHowever, I would be willing to play any of the eight games should they win--a genuinely good crop this season! :D-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

There appears to be a large lack of TiaM among your choices there Shyyrn. :PCongrats to everyone who's made it this far! Like Shyyrn said, there are lots of very good entries this round.I'm quite pleased to see that TiaM was first in its poll. That bodes, well for the future. Now just to see if it can beat its record of fourth place! :)

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

There appears to be a large lack of TiaM among your choices there Shyyrn. :P

In another poll, alas, you may have had my support. But in a field so strong, I have had to draw my loyalties along other lines. :PFare well,Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

These are likely to change: I'm open for pursuasion.

Well, see, there's a certain RPG sequel that I and my co-GMs are excited about...:PIn all seriousness, there are a lot of good entries there. Since I created Techna, I naturally want to vote for it, but if my entry weren't there, I would choose between Trapped in a Map, Beat and Rhythm, Rust, and Kirse: City of the Great Beings.With Techna: Breakdown in the poll, I think I'll vote for Trapped in a Map and Kirse. Those are two awesome RPGs.I swore to myself I wouldn't play any other RPGs, but the ones in the poll are too good.Oh, look, there goes my free time, flying away like a bird traveling north for the summer.

These are likely to change: I'm open for pursuasion.

Don't you just love visorak? Don't you just love it when visorak love you? Visorak will only love you if you vote for the RPG they're in; CotD. :PJoking aside, CotD is making puppydog eyes and begging for votes, people.And so the finals begin. Looking at the amount of support CotD has (not much) and all the great RPGs I'll be dueling, I'm now worried about its survival.Anyways, my choices:1) CotD2) Rust3) TiaM

Aw. =( Dang, IoP didn't make it... I hope that TPTI enters it next contest... But given that it lost two in a row, I'm wondering if he won't. =/ And Dreamland not making it is an eyebrow raiser as well(I'm sorry I kept procrastinating to join. =/ ), but not much can be done for either now...But, on the other hand, both Techna and Day Run are in the finals(No surprise for Techna, it was in the Top four the entire time. xD), but I'm not entirely certain who I should vote for last... I might decide at the last minute... Not sure. =/

Whew, that was tough. Day Run I would vote above all else because it was the most fun RPG in which I've ever taken part and dang it, I want to finish it properly. Beat and Rhythm is my own masterpiece that is obviously superior (but seriously I want to play it =P). The Horde out of Limbo looks like it will be excellent, what with insanity-inducing eldritch abominations, near-certain death, and all that fun.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

True... And honestly, your game is admittedly cool(I'd join if it wins); but, I still want to see Day Run win... It was the game that singlehandedly got me back into the Bionicle RPGs, and it is awesome. And nothing aside from Suicavel's death can beat the awesome arena match between me and Kal. Robot vs. Electricity, ending with a very large boom. =P

ToD, I repeat what I said on the final poll.The end boss better use a grand piano. Or I will very upset face.Also, if Trapped in the Map ends, I found an emoticon to go with it. :gavel:Also :headbonk:EDIT:@ Blade; In all honesty, I should have let Nostala mutate him. With weakened elemental powers, it would have been more impressive to make him into some sort of giant monster with Rhoutaka spinners before he got sickled.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Guys, I would seriously suggest you vote for Kirse. Not only am I staff on it, but there are many other awesome staffies there too, and you can expect a PROPER storyline. I, among other staffies, have written epics before. We know how to handle a plotline.We also know how to deal with rule-breakers.Have you non-rule-breakers ever noticed how those rule-breakers go around, spoiling your fun? You worked hard to get your characters to the point they're at, but they can jump in with super-powered objects, and they're all 'Matrix of Leadership' this, and 'Matrix of Leadership' that?The staff of Kirse (especially me) will put an end to this. Permanently. No rule-breaker will escape us. I can and will remove digits of people who auto-hit.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Guys, I would seriously suggest you vote for Kirse. Not only am I staff on it, but there are many other awesome staffies there too, and you can expect a PROPER storyline. I, among other staffies, have written epics before. We know how to handle a plotline. Yes, but RPGs are not Epics, and they need to be treated as such. I see where you are coming from, but just be careful with that line of thinking.We also know how to deal with rule-breakers.Have you non-rule-breakers ever noticed how those rule-breakers go around, spoiling your fun? You worked hard to get your characters to the point they're at, but they can jump in with super-powered objects, and they're all 'Matrix of Leadership' this, and 'Matrix of Leadership' that? I can honestly say that that has never happened to me. For the most part, RPGers here tend to obey the rules. And when they don't, it's mostly just an honest mistake.The staff of Kirse (especially me) will put an end to this. Permanently. No rule-breaker will escape us. I can and will remove digits of people who auto-hit. All these points of yours make me glad I didn't vote for Kirse, not that I have anything again the RPG in particular.

This post of yours to generate votes for Kirse scares me. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/fear.gif Although I haven't ever played all three RPGs at once, and I haven't played in the BZPRPG, so there could be bad plots and players out there that are a constant annoyance.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

My point being, we know how to actually hold a plotline.Some of us have. A lot of us can be irritated by this problem.That last bit was an exaggeration.I seriously doubt it would put a permanent end to it.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Hey everyone.BaR might just pull a win.*yay*Interesting, because this looks a lot like what happened with CoS... Kept entering it forever, and finally one contest everyone was like, "Hey, steampunk is cool and the rest of these aren't really cool." Except that all these ones are cool. Huh. Nevermind, then...

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

My point being, we know how to actually hold a plotline.

We don't? =P Unless you mean how everyone tends to head off on their own at times, which isn't necessarily a flaw in every case.
No, no, you all can hold a plot, it's just that we can hold a plotline and aren't newbs.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

We don't? =P Unless you mean how everyone tends to head off on their own at times, which isn't necessarily a flaw in every case.
For example, unleashing a legion of robots.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

No, no, you all can hold a plot, it's just that we can hold a plotline and aren't newbs.
Ah, I see, that makes sense then. =P

For example, unleashing a legion of robots.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Yep. Or, having a shadow creature attack everyone for a long while until they get annoyed enough and simply obliterate him. =P Man, I wish that Island of Pain eventually gets a chance to continue. =(

Guys, I would seriously suggest you vote for Kirse. Not only am I staff on it, but there are many other awesome staffies there too, and you can expect a PROPER storyline. I, among other staffies, have written epics before. We know how to handle a plotline.We also know how to deal with rule-breakers.Have you non-rule-breakers ever noticed how those rule-breakers go around, spoiling your fun? You worked hard to get your characters to the point they're at, but they can jump in with super-powered objects, and they're all 'Matrix of Leadership' this, and 'Matrix of Leadership' that?The staff of Kirse (especially me) will put an end to this. Permanently. No rule-breaker will escape us. I can and will remove digits of people who auto-hit.

Once again, I must point out things to you, Vorex.This is not an epic, the storyline is not set like that, it is free to change as times goes on. But it seems you don't see the plots in the other stories.Rules will indeed be enforced, by me mostly.No, you can not. We've spoken about that... no harming without very good reason... and by reason, I mean no harming without speaking to me first.

This post of yours to generate votes for Kirse scares me.

Vorex... this is why I told you not to advertise.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Zoma, that probably should have been done in PM. I have now lost all confidence in the RP you have.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Zoma, that probably should have been done in PM. I have now lost all confidence in the RP you have.

I don't quite understand why... I wanted people to know that I don't share the violence that seems to be Vorex's favorite, and explained that People won't be losing body parts without good reason.

If you are speaking about the part of me enforcing rules mostly... I suspect that I will probably be the most active of the staff and will likely be the one to enforce rules.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

That was a fast three months. I'll mull over if I'll re-enter this time, now that my account is back to normal. Best of luck to everyone.Whoops, look's like I missed the deadline anyway. I should check up here more often. Oh well.Best of luck to everyone :)

Edited by The Captain

I don't quite understand why... I wanted people to know that I don't share the violence that seems to be Vorex's favorite, and explained that People won't be losing body parts without good reason.

If you are speaking about the part of me enforcing rules mostly... I suspect that I will probably be the most active of the staff and will likely be the one to enforce rules.

What concerns me is that this tension exists between you and one of your moderators. If you have to keep this man on a leash, why is he in a position of power?
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.