• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

RPG Forum Contest 23

RPG Contest RPGC23

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
422 replies to this topic

#81 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

• 18,110 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 01:56 AM

Awesome. This means we actually get FINISHING MOVES!

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#82 Offline Evex_Wolfwing

Evex_Wolfwing
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 750 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 06:41 AM

Ah, I'd see. So no Super Robot genre tactics if you're using a Colossus.That is unless we manage to get an S-2 Engine from a Leviathan and install it in our giant robots o' doom. Say, would it possible to convert the entire robot into a Toa tool?

That is a REALLY bad idea...Posted Image

#83 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

• 18,110 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 06:49 AM

Don't worry. The world's already ended. Ending it again will be perfectly fine!

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#84 Offline Sir Voltex the Blue

Sir Voltex the Blue
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 4,373 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 05:24 PM

Bionicle Hunger Games is looking to get my vote. However, I do wish we could have more than those six Kanohi. Vertak isn't complete without his Volitak. :(-ibrow
Bionifight is coming.

#85 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 05:26 PM

^ Now, seem, I thought Island of Pain was more or less the same thing. Only better.

Edited by BenLuke-116, Mar 06 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#86 Offline Sir Voltex the Blue

Sir Voltex the Blue
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,373 posts

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 05:33 PM

^ Now, seem, I thought Island of Pain was more or less the same thing. Only better.

To each their own. There are reasons I didn't play in Island of Pain, though I can't remember them right now.-ibrow

Bionifight is coming.

#87 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 06:34 PM

I, personally find it a bit too similar. Uncreative. Personal thought, though.

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.

#88 Offline Sir Voltex the Blue

Sir Voltex the Blue
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,373 posts

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 09:09 PM

Well, I wasn't exactly reviewing it. And I also didn't say "Look at the brand new RPG because it's never been done before in any way!" :P Hunger Games is just too awesome to pass up.-ibrow

Bionifight is coming.

#89 Offline that guy from that show

that guy from that show
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,152 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 10:44 PM

I think I will renter "the space between spaces" I have learned a lot since it's conception last year and i have some edits I want to make to it.I wish for the best, I just hope a returning champion won't overshadow us little guys this year. :fonz:

That is all

#90 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

Lloyd: the White Wolf
  • Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 10:47 PM

No dice, Day Run is in.:w:

#91 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,591 posts

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 11:16 PM

And also Island of Pain.Though if last contest is any indicator, there's still a chance for them to lose. A fairly big one, at that.

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026

- Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven- ??? - ??? -

#92 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 11:19 PM

You got that right, Parugi. Dreamland has been revised... somewhat. I need to add to the locations and perhaps tweak a lot, but it will be reentered this contest, I've decided.Dreamland: Awakening.You all will lose, even with three spots to get. :evilgrin:

Edited by Kal the Guardian, Mar 06 2012 - 11:19 PM.

-----------------------------

Under Reconstruction

#93 Offline The Darkest Chronicler

The Darkest Chronicler
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

• 6,700 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2012 - 11:26 PM

I think that if all goes well, I shall be entering this contest this entry period.

Though I know I will not win, I feel it would be fun to enter nonetheless.

gallery_50452_97_2614.png

#94 Offline TX Wade

TX Wade
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,115 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 09:17 PM

I might enter the contest just for fun and to see how I fare for my first time and against such great competition.

#95 Online Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,242 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 09:23 PM

Precisely.The dude even used the exact same name for the country. Not to mention the fact that the game is actually called "BIONICLE Hunger Games."-Teezy

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#96 Offline Own Personal Quixote

Own Personal Quixote
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,984 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 09:30 PM

Precisely.The dude even used the exact same name for the country. Not to mention the fact that the game is actually called "BIONICLE Hunger Games."-Teezy

Thirded.The Hunger Games is indeed awesome. But completely borrowing almost all of their story and slapping 'BIONICLE' onto it (while tagging on elements and masks) to allow for it being a TB BRPG is not exactly advised iyam.No offense to Ace of Skulls, but I have no love for your entry.

Edited by Armadijo, Mar 07 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#97 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,591 posts

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 09:34 PM

You got that right, Parugi. Dreamland has been revised... somewhat. I need to add to the locations and perhaps tweak a lot, but it will be reentered this contest, I've decided.Dreamland: Awakening.You all will lose, even with three spots to get. :evilgrin:

now wait a minute, how can we be awake but in dreamland at the same time? you need to think these things through better, my friend, yes sir.Also, just to check, RPGs can have more than three topics, correct?

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026

- Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven- ??? - ??? -

#98 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 09:36 PM

I had a GD, Gameplay, Profiles, and Epic Battles in CoC, but usually you need either precedent or permission from a Forum moderator like B6. :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf, Mar 07 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#99 Offline Own Personal Quixote

Own Personal Quixote
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,984 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 09:36 PM

now wait a minute, how can we be awake but in dreamland at the same time? you need to think these things through better, my friend, yes sir.Also, just to check, RPGs can have more than three topics, correct?

Yes. I've seen it before-don't quite remember when, but RPGs can have more than the traditional trio of topics to cover all their bases if needed.There's definitely no rule against it.EDIT: Oo alright. Ninja'd.*Slinks into shadows*

Edited by Armadijo, Mar 07 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#100 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 09:39 PM

I mean heck, even The Academy needed permission before it could post the first Discussion topic. I remember the glee we had when we didn't need to cram the game topic with OOC-only posts...:w:

#101 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 09:39 PM

I find it sort of amusing, honestly. Annoying and amusing. Like little kids. Amusing, but you want to punt them. This does not mean I wish to punt any first graders. Do not take it that way. It's the second graders that are the bad ones, and they're too big to punt.The worst part of the RPG to me is that... what did I say in my review?

As far as gameplay, this RPG takes your arm, rips it off, and strangles you with it. then once it's done, it slaps you with it and runs off laughing.

No more 11 PM reviews. I use bad grammar and make worse jokes. Somehow I forgot to capitalize a letter there. I'll make up for iT.100% certainty I won't be entering this contest. I doubt I could get a win out of this contest, and if I did, I'd be losing out on a chance to play one of the awesome RPGs that were posted. So it's lose-lose that way, win-win this way. I like winning, even though my blood is free of large striped cats. But maybe next contest, or the one after.

EDIT: Oo alright. Ninja'd.*Slinks into shadows*

Silly, being ninja'd doesn't make you a ninja, it means the other person was. Obviously, if Lloyd is the ninja, he would be the one slinking into the shadows.EDIT:

I mean heck, even The Academy needed permission before it could post the first Discussion topic. I remember the glee we had when we didn't need to cram the game topic with OOC-only posts...

RPGs didn't originally have Discussion topics? O_O-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, Mar 07 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#102 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 01:05 AM

I have. It works. And you know it's catchy.Lol, more than three topics, yes, like those above me have stated. Although I remember last time when Lloyd asked, B6 said he didn't have to ask. :PUnless my mind has gone to rot, that is... :confused:

Under Reconstruction

#103 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hmm... well, so far, BaR has very little chance of winning. What with IoP, DR, and THooL. But hey, we'll see what happens.Anyways, I'm going to edit in suggestions this afternoon.

I like winning, even though my blood is free of large striped cats.

I just wanted to say that this is the most epic sentence I've seen today

KHrIaSF.jpg

#104 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 12:03 PM

^I honestly didn't get that joke.Reviews posted for Hunger Games, Island of Pain, and Realm of Darkness. If I owe you a review let me know.:w:

#105 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 01:36 PM

Welp, Dreamland is up and will be updated as need be as the story continues to progress.Now I just need to get reviewing.

Under Reconstruction

#106 Offline Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 3,219 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 05:59 PM

For anyone who's interested, the map for my RPG, Knives in the Dark, is up. It's not that great, but it gets the job done.

#107 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 06:01 PM

Day Run, Hunger Games, and Rust reviewed.
709px Rob rhaegar winterfell (200x169)

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Junyaus-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an

#108 Offline Parazan

Parazan
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 339 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 11:41 PM

Shama-Nui fight for freedom:http://www.bzpower.c...53-CDP
Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

#109 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,835 posts

Posted Mar 10 2012 - 06:10 PM

Shame that Epoch of Despair never really built up much steam. I think I'll be voting for Island of Pain this time round, I fancy giving that a go.

#110 Offline Parazan

Parazan
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 339 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2012 - 01:32 PM

Random question: if any mistakes are made during the typing process,would we be allowed to edit our entry,because mine has a couple of typos...-CDP
Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

#111 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2012 - 02:10 PM

Oh, you're certainly allowed to edit. You can change any aspect of your RPG until the voting period starts.:w:

#112 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, you can even completely change your RPG if you tell B6 before you do it.

Under Reconstruction

#113 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2012 - 06:07 PM

Posted City of the dead. If anyone is interested in a visorak RPG, we have it here. ^.^

#114 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2012 - 06:19 PM

Ugh. I finally got around to fixing up BaR. I clicked "send post." And the entire friggin' thing messed up. So I just deleted a few thousand "<br>" tags amongst various other stuff. Anyways, recoding now. Feel free to check out the modifications once I have it as something besides a wall of black.Now then, to reviewing...

KHrIaSF.jpg

#115 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,095 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2012 - 09:20 PM

For what it's worth, I've thrown in my entry, Transformation. Here it is. :)

citd_small.jpg

#116 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'll have some free time later, so who do I owe reviews to? Or is it just Lloyd?

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#117 Offline The Darkest Chronicler

The Darkest Chronicler
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

• 6,700 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 11:25 AM

Well, my entry is now entered. Kirse: City of the Great Beings

I don't expect to win, but it seemed it would be fun to enter. XD

Also, a big thanks to the people who helped me get this entry ready and helped with their ideas.

gallery_50452_97_2614.png

#118 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 06:19 PM

And now for yet another time-honored tradition, the Top Three:
    [*]The Horde out of Limbo (duh)[*]Kirse: City of the Great Beings[*]Trapped in a Map[/list] :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf, Mar 13 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#119 Offline badabababa obesity

badabababa obesity
  • Members
  • Fragmentation Mended

• 6,626 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:05 PM

Not counting City of the Dead, I'll throw in my top three as well:1. Beat and Rhythm (This thing has been a choice for years, plus it just seems like it'd be fun to play)2. Kirce: City of Something or Other (Yay, no senseless violence!)3. Trapped in a Map (This actually sounds really interesting)A close fourth would be Horde out of Limbo. It appeals to many players in its diverse gameplay and challenging nature.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

#120 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'd like to make a plug for Horde out of Limbo and say that the more experiments I get to run before making that polished RPG I'm planning to make next season, the better said polished RPG will be.:w:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users