RPG Forum Contest 23

Black Six

A vote for Rust will bolster the global economy.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Kirse is the... is one of the... it's... well, I hope that it would prove to be an interesting and fun game. It's doesn't have the power of a lengthy history like Day Run, or a gloriously dark feeling of entrapment and hopelessness as The Horde out of Limbo, but... I just hope it would be an enjoyable game.

Bleh, I need to work on my bragging skills.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I would argue that Day Run is more unique than THooL, personally. After all, how many other RPGs right now have tournaments in them? Or races? Or bunchesandbunchesandbunches of vehicles? Or gangsters?Or, say, giant disembodied hearts? And zombies.A vote for Day Run is a vote for the artistic and independent Toa. For those of you who aren't planning on voting for it--please, at least give it a fairly in-depth look first if you haven't already. It won't disappoint--ask any of the people who played it for 2.5 seasons.(did i just start an ad war? X3)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

A vote for Island of Pain is a vote for freedom from slavery!And if you don't vote for Island of Pain, you are voting for Hitler.EDIT: I'm saving up the good ones for next contest.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I would support Rust with memes and image Macros, but I doubt the mods would appreciate.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

I would argue that Day Run is more unique than THooL, personally. After all, how many other RPGs right now have tournaments in them? Or races? Or bunchesandbunchesandbunches of vehicles? Or gangsters?Or, say, giant disembodied hearts? And zombies.A vote for Day Run is a vote for the artistic and independent Toa. For those of you who aren't planning on voting for it--please, at least give it a fairly in-depth look first if you haven't already. It won't disappoint--ask any of the people who played it for 2.5 seasons.(did i just start an ad war? X3)

Well, we did have a gang-war RPG that ran a while ago, and then there was Tournament of Shadows, which started the genre. Zombies have been done back to death, so I think you're left with vehicles. :P I also have a pretty good claim to the artistic vote.@ Lev Zev: Unwritten Corollary to Godwin's Law: The first person to bring Hitler into a discussion which is not legitimately about Naziism beforehand automatically loses the argument. :w: Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

At least this instance was relatively facetious. I've seen some pretty nasty examples of Godwin's Law in my time. :/

A vote for Rust will bolster the global economy.

:lol: Ah, man, I love that answer. You have my vote for sure!-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Lloyd: Hence "RPGs right now". So far as I can tell, Day Run is the only submission that has all of those bases covered in one game. :PEven if that wasn't the case, that would also leave me with giant disembodied hearts. I have yet to see those anywhere else. =P

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

The longer a conversation goes on, the more likely that it will stop being an intelligent conversation and just become a LOLfest.

@ Lev Zev: Unwritten Corollary to Godwin's Law: The first person to bring Hitler into a discussion which is not legitimately about Naziism beforehand automatically loses the argument.

:(

Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

But it wasn't a comparison. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Touché.Anyway, let's vote for the least likely one to win!
But which one is least likely to win? :-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Revised my list of favorites. Won't say who... but I feel a good RPer deserves a break on his prize project. :)Best of luck to all nonetheless,Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

The longer a conversation goes on, the more likely that it will stop being an intelligent conversation and just become a LOLfest.

As has been proven in this topic.
Well, most of the serious discussion is taking place in the Reviews topic. :lol:-Shyyrn

But which one is least likely to win? :

I think I realistic / desperate / need more self esteem enough to take that one up. Vote for TRANSFORMATION! It has no chance against such awesome RPGs as TiaM, Rust, IoP, D:A etc.And really, who doesn't love the Skakdi? They're ugly and mean and have so much personality, diversity and epicness! :wub:

ppg2.png

Made my characters for my chosen RPGs!...Now, just to make sure they win. :lol:-Shyyrn

None of them, it's a paradox. Because if we all vote for the RPG least likely to win, it becomes the most likely to win. XP

Group_Doctors.pngPair of docs?I haven't yet made all of my characters up for the RPGs, except TiaM. Because I really want to have a character yell out, "I sentence you to exile!"Because the ones a judge, you see.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

None of them, it's a paradox. Because if we all vote for the RPG least likely to win, it becomes the most likely to win. XPvote for TiaM

Kirse is least likely to win. Vote for it, and I will cry.You all want to see me cry.And if you don't want to see me cry, vote anyway, and I won't cry.Because Kirse deserves it.And I'd be an awesome staff member.Remember, folks, a vote for Kirse is a vote which brings me one step closer to becoming staff on an RPG, which means that any rule-breaker will be OBLITERATED. *Glares at a specific member whose name starts with T, ends with N, and has 'Nuva' in the middle*Rule-breakers and godmodders ruin RPGs for everyone. Vote for Kirse, and I will destroy those rule-breakers and godmodders. In fact, I won't just destroy them. I'll burn the heart out of them. They will never break another rule in their lives.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

A vote for city of the Dead is one vote closer to the victory of an RPG with a nostalgic setting, visorak, manifold species, and even more manifold story possibilities. It's a game where you can survive (if you play right), and can even ascend to high power! Ran by veteran of GoMN, WZ, and Techna, and overall RPG veteran Dovydas, the terror of g-moders! Veteran of Requiem, GoMN, and Gm of Techna Tyler Durden, Scourge of all Romance Haters! (Oh, and also this little so called RPer named Zar). Staffed by veteran of GoMN, IoP, staff of Techna, and guru of combat RPing, KNI!IT'S LIKE NOTHING YOU'VE EVER SEEN BEFOREUnless that is you've seen such RPGs as GoMN, or A Midnight's Requiem, in which some aspects have been seen.And there you have the campaigning speech of City of the Dead. *Bows*

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

Do you like Toa?Do you like the Brotherhood?Do you like Xians?Do you like medieval-type Stelt?Do you like Visorak?We've got it all. With a seasoned group of GMs (Tyler Durden, Zarayna, Dovydas, and yours truly) City of the Dead will be an unforgettable adventure. From veterans to new players, this RPG will set new standards. Become part of a plot larger than you've experienced before, or create your own.Vote City of the Dead for RPG contest 23.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Hi. I'm a cutting-edge experimenter whose relentlessly pushing the bounds of what's been tried. I've been here since the beginning. I've run three RPGs and I've played under such famous GMs as Dr. Bionicle, The Captain, Crimson Jester, Seraphim, and Friar Tuck.:w:

A vote for BaR will help push Zyglak's Quest out of memory.Beat. That.

loliseewhatyoudidthar.Anyways, I may have an entry up sometime within the next week. If not, I'll refine my idea for the next contest. Edited by TheMightyFighty

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

Remember, folks, a vote for Kirse is a vote which brings me one step closer to becoming staff on an RPG, which means that any rule-breaker will be OBLITERATED. *Glares at a specific member whose name starts with T, ends with N, and has 'Nuva' in the middle*Rule-breakers and godmodders ruin RPGs for everyone. Vote for Kirse, and I will destroy those rule-breakers and godmodders. In fact, I won't just destroy them. I'll burn the heart out of them. They will never break another rule in their lives.

...Ever heard of this one toa of sonics in this certian BZPRPG who knows OOC only imformation and can do anything? He's in major need of your rule-breaking anger. :PAnyway, the least likely to win RPG is Knives in the Dark, hands down. No one's even talked about it. (A good thing, considering I'd probably be a terrible GM with almost no time to spend on keeping his RPG running) Edited by Lord Darkon

pNNgXax.jpg