RPG Forum Contest 23

Black Six

Well, I assumed that the island would be escaped eventually, but I expect that's a few seasons in like IoP. Also, what ancient race? There's nothing mentioned, not that I saw. :w:

The timing of the island escape in IoP is 'whenever the players figure out how' :P. I mean, technically, its been within their ability to escape since day one. The trick is working out how

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'm having trouble deciding what to vote for. I know I'll pick Beat and Rhythm for sure, but The Horde Out of Limbo, The Island of Pain, and Techna: Breakdown all look pretty good, not to mention the ones I haven't had time to read fully yet.

Q2TtLEz.png

Vote for Rust!I mean... that is... if you don't mind. </fluttershy>

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

@ Parugi: Now you're grasping. I had the Eva-sized mechae first. Plus, how many Angel-power-level enemies do you have? :P :w:

(Not Parugi, but...) I'd say any of the constructs. =P Plus, well, if things continue to go as badly as the last fight... There'll be even more. Including something else not found in any of the other RPGs, from my limited knowledge of most of them. However, I'll let Parugi hint at that one, as it's not my spot to hint at something he might not want hinted(Or might not even be right. :rolleyes:).

Why do I have the feeling that, again, Techna is going to be one of the only RPGs not endlessly plugged by its creators? :P

Kirse shall be joining you in this matter, As I will not be advertising it mercilessly across the site. (Vorex doesn't count. He didn't help make the game, just a chracter.)

Edited by Zoma

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Why do I have the feeling that, again, Techna is going to be one of the only RPGs not endlessly plugged by its creators? :P

Kirse shall be joining you in this matter, As I will not be advertising it mercilessly across the site. (Vorex doesn't count. He didn't help make the game, just a chracter.)

What do you mean I didn't help make the game? You offered me the chance to help you make the game, and I said that I didn't want it. That makes me your superior! (Kinda)I will mercilessly advertise Kirse. But I will put a tiny bit of small print saying 'This merciless advertising was not endorsed by Zoma'. XD

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

What do you mean I didn't help make the game? You offered me the chance to help you make the game, and I said that I didn't want it. That makes me your superior! (Kinda)I will mercilessly advertise Kirse. But I will put a tiny bit of small print saying 'This merciless advertising was not endorsed by Zoma'. XD

Actually, I told you about my Idea after I had finished the important work on it... I never thought to offer you the chance at all. Onarax though, he was helping out from near the beginning, without him, I never would have thought up the idea of having the Bionicle Beings as pure machine unless merged with a Bara Magna native. Funny how conversations on the strangest of things can lead to ideas.

Good, please do that. I don't want to go advertising like a madman, and I don't want people to think that I am.

This ad not endorsed by any candidate or candidate committee. :w:

Exactly. XD

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Actually, I told you about my Idea after I had finished the important work on it... I never thought to offer you the chance at all. Onarax though, he was helping out from near the beginning, without him, I never would have thought up the idea of having the Bionicle Beings as pure machine unless merged with a Bara Magna native. Funny how conversations on the strangest of things can lead to ideas.

Good, please do that. I don't want to go advertising like a madman, and I don't want people to think that I am.

This ad not endorsed by any candidate or candidate committee. :w:

Exactly. XD

And yet you didn't ask me to help you make it, V-3? I feel mad at you now. I wouldn't have declined. >:(Ah well, I'll just help you keep Vorex in line if Kirse wins. :P

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

And yet you didn't ask me to help you make it, V-3? I feel mad at you now. I wouldn't have declined. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifAh well, I'll just help you keep Vorex in line if Kirse wins. :P

It started out with just myself and Onarax working on it, then when t was mostly finished, I decided to search for people who would best help with the story. I needed someone with great skill in writing, therefor Despair was among those on my list. I needed someone with past experience helping with a game, which is Onarax. I needed someone could speak to quickly about ideas, which was my brother Te3e. I needed someone I knew was online very frequently and could help with answering questions quickly, which brought BioBeast to mind. And I needed someone with mental challenge skills which brought Vorex into my choices.. though I'm having a few problems with him do far... and voting hasn't even started.

You and Hubert were the ones I couldn't find the best placement for, and (No offence intended) was afraid might try to abuse staff powers to kill people for minor rule breaking. You like your violence, I know. And Hubert plus Frostelus, while awesome, turns out rather destructive and violent.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I can just say right now I wouldn't kill people for minor rule breaking. Unless they did it way too much.And I could fit in with almost all of those, but master at none. Jack of All Trades in that score, ya know. You could probably have had me in main staff for a tech-expert role, though. I never pay attention to that stuff but I can remember it remarkably well, and I can also figure out how quite a few things work just by looking at them.And you could have me for staff physicist too, anyways. :P But more so techy stuff.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

@ Parugi: Now you're grasping. I had the Eva-sized mechae first. Plus, how many Angel-power-level enemies do you have? :P :w:

(Not Parugi, but...) I'd say any of the constructs. =P Plus, well, if things continue to go as badly as the last fight... There'll be even more. Including something else not found in any of the other RPGs, from my limited knowledge of most of them. However, I'll let Parugi hint at that one, as it's not my spot to hint at something he might not want hinted(Or might not even be right. :rolleyes:).
Hence all of the examples I linked to in my last post. Which doesn't include examples from Lyxek, or the Collector, or Dalmia, or the Director, despite how easy they would be to find.And probably whatever else you're referring to. Which you should PM me about, because I'm not sure what it is. Regardless, after reviewing Day Run's topic, I can safely say that there is a lot of stuff from a lot of other entries in this contest that has been done by Day Run first. Including THooL's insanity inducing Angel-inspired monsters. :|Either way, voting will start within the next 24 hours, so I'll leave it at that.(My apologies if I offend anyone or come off as heated, as that is not my aim.) Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Wow, so many great entries. Wish they could all win, but on the plus side, I'd be happy with about half of the entries winning. My top three are probably BaR, Day Run, and HooL. IoP, Rust, Techna, and TiaM would also be good. Good luck, everyone.

Q2TtLEz.png

I am currently pleased with the progress of both Day Run and Trapped in a Map. Dreamland isn't doing so great though sadface.-ibrow

I'm excited to see the suppor for BaR and Day Run in their respective polls, along with TIoP and THooL. Sad to see Dreamland has little support so far.

Well, Dreamland is an RPG run by a noob GM. Plus it's not bringing that much to the table when it comes to awesome mechs and original ideas. :PPlus I haven't gone crazy promoting my RPG like a few people who I will not name that have done such a thing in this very topic RIGHT HERE!...:PVote Dreamland!

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Well, you can't totally blame some people, like Parugi. It wasn't entirely his fault that mechs were mentioned in relation to Day Run and caused about a whole page of discussion about said mechs. =PI procrastinated too much, in relation to Dreamland. >>'

Take it from me, Kal: Usually crazy advertising doesn't work. I'm as surprised as anyone that Day Run is doing so well.Don't worry, though, we still have at least six days left of voting. Things could change in that time--just don't give up on Dreamland. :)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

I know it doesn't work, which is why I only do it when voting starts and in that specific topic. :PAnd despite how my ironies might or might not be portrayed through reading my words, I haven't given up. You should know by now that I'm like Lev, I joke way too much. Like I said, I have a handle on the pan that is irony and the many layers that make up its cooking metal.

Well, the prelims are decided... we are in the final stretch.Good luck, everyone!-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Well, Dreamland didn't make it. This opens up whole new voting opportunities for me!Day Run and BaR are a must. But who will take my third vote? Great, now I actually have to decide instead of just speculate. :P