Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

Have you watched any of the LEGO Ninjago TV series yet? There's no reason why you can't get started! The original one-hour TV special that launched the series in January 2011 is available for free viewing on the Ninjago website.Episode 1: Way of the NinjaEpisode 2: The Golden WeaponEpisode 3: King of ShadowsEpisode 4: Weapons of DestinyThere are also six two-minute mini-movies that occur between these four episodes and season 2:Secrets of the BlacksmithFlight of the Dragon NinjaThe New Masters of SpinjitzuAn Underworldly TakeoverReturn to the Fire TempleBattle Between BrothersAs for Season 2, which is currently airing, U.S. viewers can see that on Cartoon Network every Wednesday and Friday. Check your local TV listings for the time and channel, though. In Germany it airs on SuperRTL, and in Canada it airs on Teletoon. Season 2 features much more character development than the original TV special and mini-movies.Any thoughts on the TV series so far? My personal favorite episode for a long time was Season 2 Episode 2, "Home", but more recently that episode has been displaced by Season 2 Episode 7, "Tick Tock". Episode 8 will be airing for the first time in the United States next Wednesday (March 7), so any discussion of episodes 7 or later should probably go in spoiler tags.

I agree with you on Home and Tick Tock being the best. I found Tick Tock to be even better after watching it, but Home is still at least second best.I think the NINJAGO TV series is one of the best piece of media we have ever seen of LEGO, if not the best. LEGO has never managed to pack fun, morals, action and suspense and love together. Some scenes are hilarious (like when the ninja tell examples of Zane´s weirdness), others so moving (like Zane remembering his father, that´s like the best of all scenes) and it´s fantastic to see LEGO can achieve such greatness. Perhaps I am overreacting because I have never seen something like that before from LEGO, but the point stands. I hope they won´t ruin the series next year. That´s the problem with good things, the better they are, the worse they can become compared to the original.~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

As of last year, I never watched much TV anymore. Now that the Ninjago TV series has picked up, I really have gotten into watching it. The Ninjago TV series is probably the best show LEGO has licensed. My favorite episodes this season are probably "Home", "Can of Worms", "The Snake King", or "Tick Tock".

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I feel almost exactly how Gatanui described above. For example, after watching "Tick Tock" I told one of my friends (not a Lego fan, and only know's it's a show aimed at kids) the summary of it, and the only thing he could say after was how deep it was. I also agree that Tick Tock is now my favorite, with "Home" as a close second.I do also like the episode about Samurai X (after Can of Worms) and Kai's concern for Nya, I feel it was a very sentimental moment between the two.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I do also like the episode about Samurai X (after Can of Worms) and Kai's concern for Nya, I feel it was a very sentimental moment between the two.

That would be "The Snake King". That was also one of my favorite parts in that episode, for the same reason as you said.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Ah, that's the name, it slipped my mind.I also find that it was a bit weird that Pythor suddenly starts to carry around his staff in "Tick Tock" What would his anti-venom do anyway, considering Anacondrai just eat their enemies.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I also find that it was a bit weird that Pythor suddenly starts to carry around his staff in "Tick Tock" What would his anti-venom do anyway, considering Anacondrai just eat their enemies.

That's a common question. The reason he starts carrying his staff around is most likely because he finally has some people to lead. Otherwise he needs nothing to show his leadership, because there was nobody to lead. As for the anti-venom part, we art sure. Maybe it causes the Serpentine to regurgitate? :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I also find that it was a bit weird that Pythor suddenly starts to carry around his staff in "Tick Tock" What would his anti-venom do anyway, considering Anacondrai just eat their enemies.

That's a common question. The reason he starts carrying his staff around is most likely because he finally has some people to lead. Otherwise he needs nothing to show his leadership, because there was nobody to lead. As for the anti-venom part, we art sure. Maybe it causes the Serpentine to regurgitate? :P
That isn't too far fetched really, considering Constrictai anti-venom gives the victim's breath back. The leadership thing is most likely as well.I've also wondered whether Pythor eating all his species was fact or just fanon. I know people were saying that, but everything just says he claimed they starved to death and left it at that.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I've also wondered whether Pythor eating all his species was fact or just fanon. I know people were saying that, but everything just says he claimed they starved to death and left it at that.
In "Never Trust a Snake", it's pretty much implied, due to the fact that when Lloyd Garmadon asks where the others are, Pythor tells him that they must have died off over time due to starvation. Right after that his stomach rumbles, which pretty much gives it away. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I've also wondered whether Pythor eating all his species was fact or just fanon. I know people were saying that, but everything just says he claimed they starved to death and left it at that.
In "Never Trust a Snake", it's pretty much implied, due to the fact that when Lloyd Garmadon asks where the others are, Pythor tells him that they must have died off over time due to starvation. Right after that his stomach rumbles, which pretty much gives it away. :P
Call me strange, but I always liked that twist, it gave him the slight air of an insane leader, which was far off from his voice and how he acted to Lloyd.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Call me strange, but I always liked that twist, it gave him the slight air of an insane leader, which was far off from his voice and how he acted to Lloyd.
From what we've seen in the episodes so far, Pythor is probably the coolest bad-guys I've seen in practically any TV show. He's just SO perfect at what he does, and how he acts. I personally love when he called Lloyd his "little appetizer" when he was trying to assure Lloyd that he'd be a good friend. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

From what we've seen in the episodes so far, Pythor is probably the coolest bad-guys I've seen in practically any TV show. He's just SO perfect at what he does, and how he acts. I personally love when he called Lloyd his "little appetizer" when he was trying to assure Lloyd that he'd be a good friend. :P
He is defintely one of the best Lego bad guys I've known. I'm including him (as well as the other Serpentine) in my Lego-epic, The Lego wars (in later chapters)

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

He is defintely one of the best Lego bad guys I've known. I'm including him (as well as the other Serpentine) in my Lego-epic, The Lego wars (in later chapters)
Yeah, even though there have been some really good villains in the past...Also, next week, on Wednesday the 7th at 8pm (EST), "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" will be airing. :D

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Yeah, even though there have been some really good villains in the past...Also, next week, on Wednesday the 7th at 8pm (EST), "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" will be airing. :biggrin:
Oh, good. I was wondering why they just played "Snakebit" last Wednesday, a bit of a dissapointment if you ask me.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Yeah, even though there have been some really good villains in the past...Also, next week, on Wednesday the 7th at 8pm (EST), "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" will be airing. :biggrin:
Oh, good. I was wondering why they just played "Snakebit" last Wednesday, a bit of a dissapointment if you ask me.
The reason I think that they did that was to familiarize viewers about Jay, because the next episode focuses around him.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The reason I think that they did that was to familiarize viewers about Jay, because the next episode focuses around him.
That makes sense, that or they just postponed it to this week. I like your idea better.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Okay, so the latest episode, Once Bitten, Twice Shy, didn't wow me the way Tick Tock did.

Jay shook off the Fangpyre venom a bit TOO easily, in my opinion. I was expecting it to wear off when he reached his full potential (which I did predict would happen when he and Nya were honest with one another). Instead... a single kiss from Nya somehow raised his heart rate enough to purge the venom. And only THEN did he go all NRG to save the two of them. To me it feels like the Fangpyre's previously threatening powers have been severely nerfed, if all it takes to cure yourself is a kiss from your twoo love.Visually, though, this was a fantastic episode. In particular, the entire scene on the roller coaster was so well-storyboarded that it made up somewhat for the somewhat flat dialogue taking place. And NRG Jay looks just as cool as NRG Zane did, if not cooler.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Does anybody know which episode the following information is revealed, because I have no clue.

When is Ed and Edna's last name revealed to be "Walker"?

It's been used on other sites, but don't now where it came from.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Does anybody know which episode the following information is revealed, because I have no clue.

Because then the ninja's name is Jay Walker.

aouROFb.png

Because then the ninja's name is Jay Walker.
When is it announced? I haven't seen it in the previews I've watched, so I have no idea which episode it's from.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I liked "The Royal Blacksmiths" better than expected. The snakes' antics and the ninja's performance were quite entertaining. I also found the connection to Clutch Powers kind of interesting, since prior to that, Ninjago seemed to be its own little world.

How well will you die?

I found "The Royal Blacksmiths" to be a really great episode. I'd say it's tied for #1 with Tick Tock for me. I mean, Clutch Powers namedrop, Rock Monsters, Cole's family, and actual development for him? Yes, yes please.The Serpentine never fail to disappoint me though. I just hate them so much. It's only made worse by the fact that my hatred for the Serpentine in the show is fueled by my love of them.In fact, I found the Clutch Powers reference in particular really interesting. The main villain in CP was the magician dude and his army of skeletons from the Castle line. Which bear a great resemblance to Lord Garmadon's army and fortress from 2011. In fact,, the magician and Garmadon even have the same/similar tool.

AXKP5KC.png

This episode was great.Like everyone else, I loved the Clutch Powers namedrop; perhaps Ninjago is a planet in the Clutch Powers universe?I was a little disappointed that the Ninja's act didn't use the full version of "The Weekend Whip", seeing as this would be the perfect place to use it. Still, I love how the entire act called to mind the new "Ninja Star" card for the spinner game.Cole's dad is amazing.I only noticed in this episode that the Boarding School for Bad Boys uniform has the Skulkin emblem from last year's sets. Suddenly it makes more sense that Nuckal and Kruncha (who made yet another cameo in this episode) would be subbing at a school outside of the Underworld.NRG Cole's scene felt rushed compared to the rest of the episode, which felt well-paced. But that's okay given how awesome the episode as a whole felt.

In fact, I found the Clutch Powers reference in particular really interesting.

They aren't "Rock Monsters" from Rock Raiders or Power Miners. They are unique to Ninjago, and are called "Craglings". They do resemble them slightly though.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

They aren't "Rock Monsters" from Rock Raiders or Power Miners. They are unique to Ninjago, and are called "Craglings". They do resemble them slightly though.
It'd be interesting to repaint or remold a Power Miners Rock Monster as a Cragling. The main difference is the fact that the Craglings lack the crystalline details of the Rock Monsters. Also, Craglings are about the same shape as the smaller monsters but closer to the size of the larger ones, so perhaps rather than modifying the standard monsters one could modify the head of the Crystal King and MOC the rest of its body.

It'd be interesting to repaint or remold a Power Miners Rock Monster as a Cragling. The main difference is the fact that the Craglings lack the crystalline details of the Rock Monsters. Also, Craglings are about the same shape as the smaller monsters but closer to the size of the larger ones, so perhaps rather than modifying the standard monsters one could modify the head of the Crystal King and MOC the rest of its body.
No no no. They made the Ninjago microfigures for this reason! :P Now we can use the standard size Power Miners rock monsters as craglings!

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

No no no. They made the Ninjago microfigures for this reason! :P Now we can use the standard size Power Miners rock monsters as craglings!
But there's no Garmadon microfig!In all honesty, I'm a little disappointed that there's no Ninjago LEGO Game this year. I understand quality could fall if they forced themselves to make a new LEGO Game for the theme each year, but the largely-monochrome figs in Ninjago work SO well as microfigs.

Does anyone else feel that the ninja make too many mean robot jokes about Zane, now? :P, anyway, I laughed at loud when Cole's dad said: "Perfect! Like a robot, don't move"

I felt that this wasn't a bad episode, I loved the Serpentine's disguises, with the wigs, and I was definitely happy when Kruncha and Nuckal appeared in the crowd. I felt that Cole's true potential was a bit rushed, but it was still rather heart-warming, with him saving his father, which makes me wonder what Kai's obstacle is?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

But there's no Garmadon microfig!In all honesty, I'm a little disappointed that there's no Ninjago LEGO Game this year. I understand quality could fall if they forced themselves to make a new LEGO Game for the theme each year, but the largely-monochrome figs in Ninjago work SO well as microfigs.
There actually is a Lord Garmadon microfig, even though it doesn't follow the same look as he has. It was said that this microfig was Garmadon in a LEGO Shop catalog or something. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

There actually is a Lord Garmadon microfig, even though it doesn't follow the same look as he has. It was said that this microfig was Garmadon in a LEGO Shop catalog or something.
No, that's Samukai with an eyepatch.

aouROFb.png

Semantics. They resemble PM rock monsters, and that was intended. So yeah, I know they're Craglings, I just don't care all that much.The point is, they're awesome.

AXKP5KC.png

There actually is a Lord Garmadon microfig, even though it doesn't follow the same look as he has. It was said that this microfig was Garmadon in a LEGO Shop catalog or something.
I'm pretty sure everything else calls that fig a Skeleton General. This does, and I'm fairly sure the rulebook does as well. It wouldn't be the first time there's been an error in a catalog.

A full trailer that covers all of season 2 has been found! It has epic images of the Green Ninja, the Great Devourer, the Ultra Sonic Raider, and more! Read the article I wrote on The Ninjago Wiki, and watch the video yourself.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

A full trailer that covers all of season 2 has been found! It has epic images of the Green Ninja, the Great Devourer, the Ultra Sonic Raider, and more! Read the article I wrote on The Ninjago Wiki, and watch the video yourself.

Cool trailer! What I don't like is how the USR is introduced so late into the season. It would've have more potential if it were introduced earlier, but as it is I feel that its appearance is more of a last-minute one.

What happened to Zane's eye. ;_;Anyway, the USR and the Great Devourer-- heck, the entire finale (Or what I assume to be the finale)-- looks amazing. Then again, the trailer made other, more mediocre parts of the season look awesome, so I'll reserve judgement. The scene with the ice bridge still looks four kinds of great.

AXKP5KC.png

What happened to Zane's eye. ;_;Anyway, the USR and the Great Devourer-- heck, the entire finale (Or what I assume to be the finale)-- looks amazing. Then again, the trailer made other, more mediocre parts of the season look awesome, so I'll reserve judgement. The scene with the ice bridge still looks four kinds of great.

Yeah, most of those scenes that we haven't already scene are from the finale, which is a two-part episode "The Final Hour". Some of the stuff, like the volcano scene are from "All of Nothing" I believe, and the green ninja is in the next episode I think, because it's titled "The Green Ninja".

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Cool trailer! What I don't like is how the USR is introduced so late into the season. It would've have more potential if it were introduced earlier, but as it is I feel that its appearance is more of a last-minute one.
The Ultra Sonic Raider seems, from its set description, to be a vehicle specifically designed to be used against the Serpentine. From what I can tell, the "sonic" part of its name suggests that it can generate the same frequencies as Sensei Wu's flute. With that in mind, I don't think it should have been introduced earlier. A lot of the conflict in recent episodes came from the Ninja lacking the ancient flute that gave them an edge over the Serpentine. I imagine by the time the USR is introduced, the Ninja will be dealing with not just the Serpentine but also Garmadon and the Great Devourer.