Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

Am I the only one who thinks Garmadon's transformation was completely silly? Really.How am I supposed to take little paws on a minifigure body seriously?
Its adorably cute. He went Chima on us. He is a furry now. :3

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Am I the only one who thinks Garmadon's transformation was completely silly?Really.How am I supposed to take little paws on a minifigure body seriously?
Its adorably cute. He went Chima on us. He is a furry now. :3
I think it was ridiculous, but part of that was the CGI, I think.However, it looks like this might be a intermittent form before that dragon that was seen in the commercial for next week.

How well will you die?

I can't wait for the series finale on Wednesday. I'll on Thanksgiving break so I'll have no distractions that cause me to miss it this time. Hopefully sometime soon we'll also get word on a release date for the Season 3 DVD. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Wow. The last episode. Certainly leaves room for more, but I imagine that will be up to fanfic.
I found it rather unsatisfying. they played up this huge battle, and all we get is like 2 minutes of what could charitably be called a battle.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

The final episode was great, despite the predictable ending. I hope it continues, though LEGO will probaby cancel it in favor of Chima.
LEGO will in fact be ending it. It isn't being canceled. It was signed with WilFilm for 26 episodes, and LEGO requested no more for Ninjago.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The final episode was great, despite the predictable ending. I hope it continues, though LEGO will probaby cancel it in favor of Chima.
LEGO will in fact be ending it. It isn't being canceled. It was signed with WilFilm for 26 episodes, and LEGO requested no more for Ninjago.
Oh well. Hope Chima's worth it.
I'm sure it will. It looks as if it has a well-structured story, from what little bits of info we've seen. Having a TV show is always a great way to express the story and draw attention, and like Ninjago, I'm sure it will have other media like comics and chapter books. If you want, you can check The Chima Wiki. We constantly are adding new info when we get it, and it's a great reference.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Well I'll be checking to see later this week what the rankings for the finale were in TV viewership. I'm certain they'll be large seeing as more people have viewed The Ninjago Wiki today than any other day. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Well I'll be checking to see later this week what the rankings for the finale were in TV viewership. I'm certain they'll be large seeing as more people have viewed The Ninjago Wiki today than any other day. :)
The whole series was building up to that episode. Of course a lot of people watched it.
I know. I'd just like to look it up because 1) I want to see how it compares to the viewership on season 2, and 2) because I can add the statistic to The Ninjago Wiki.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Hey, has anyone noticed that Kai's role in the show went from main protagonist to supporting character. I mean, Wu was talking about him like he was mentioned in some major prophecy!! And yet the show ends with Kai as a normal Ninja!
I mean, that all has to do with character development of the other ninja, which was to be done during the main series so that it had a more meaningful and lasting effect on the story. And at the end of the show, he is just as prominent as any other ninja. I believe the last line he said to Wu was also very meaningful as part of his character, showing how much Kai himself has matured from the "Do-it-myself" ninja he once was.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Hey, has anyone noticed that Kai's role in the show went from main protagonist to supporting character. I mean, Wu was talking about him like he was mentioned in some major prophecy!! And yet the show ends with Kai as a normal Ninja!
I mean, that all has to do with character development of the other ninja, which was to be done during the main series so that it had a more meaningful and lasting effect on the story. And at the end of the show, he is just as prominent as any other ninja. I believe the last line he said to Wu was also very meaningful as part of his character, showing how much Kai himself has matured from the "Do-it-myself" ninja he once was.
Yes, but still. He was the one on the boxes. He was trained alone. It looked like was supposed to do more than he did.

Yes, but still. He was the one on the boxes. He was trained alone. It looked like was supposed to do more than he did.
He was only trained alone because he was the last of Wu's ninja to be recruited, and as such the others had already received their training. The ninja on the boxart wasn't Kai, but rather a generic ninja (who was red because that was the color of the packaging design that year, and because red was the primary color scheme of the locations aligned with the good-guy faction). The episodes focused primarily on Kai because there was not enough space within them to give equal focus to all four ninja, and because his search for Nya was what drove the plot forward. But the books and comics in the first year focused on all four ninja equally, and this team dynamic was what the story revolved around.It's similar to the case with Bionicle in 2001 and 2002: while Tahu and the Kanohi Hau were often most prominent in promotional material, story media focused on all six Toa, and no one of them could be considered the "main character". Similarly, Lloyd's rise to prominence as the Green Ninja is similar to Takanuva in 2003, where a new team member is given a starring role so as not to sideline any one of the existing main characters in favor of another.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I never got the impression that Kai was meant for anything more special than the other Ninja. Him being trained alone could have been because Sensei Wu thought he wasn't ready to be part of a team. After all, unlike the other Ninja, who joined Sensei Wu more or less willingly, Kai mainly joined the team because he felt it would help him to save Nya.For that matter, do we know that the other Ninja weren't trained alone at first? The only thing that set Kai apart from the others was having to fight all three of his future teammates as his final test, and that might have just been a matter of convenience (since when the others were being trained there weren't three Ninja who had already passed that stage of training for them to fight).Anyway, I enjoyed the finale, but I had one issue with it, that being that we never really got a clear message about how Lloyd discovered the strength within himself to defeat the Overlord where he had failed before. His transformation into the Golden Ninja felt a lot less dramatic than his teammates unlocking their true potential, since it felt a bit like a deus ex machina rather than a clear consequence of his own self-discovery.With that said, the finale was still epic and every bit as conclusive as I could have hoped. I'm curious how TLG plans to promote the last wave of sets next year. While I'm sure the last several episodes of the show effectively advertised future sets (I have no doubt that at least some of the most iconic new vehicles will become sets), I am curious if we might see any online mini-movies next year like we did in late 2011. Then again, the 2011 mini-movies, in addition to promoting the sets that were on store shelves, served to bridge the gap between the 2011 pilot and 2012 series, and that's not as necessary now that the series has come to a close. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Due to known pictures of the 2013 wave, it seems that there are many iconic story elements that were not made sets. I will put a spoiler outlining them

-samurai vehicle with sawblade wheels-samurai vehicle with drill and tusks-overlord's final transformation-sawblade catapult

therefore, it seems like they have some potential to make more sets, but are determined to replace ninjago with chima as soon as possible.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Due to known pictures of the 2013 wave, it seems that there are many iconic story elements that were not made sets. I will put a spoiler outlining them

-samurai vehicle with sawblade wheels-samurai vehicle with drill and tusks-overlord's final transformation-sawblade catapult

therefore, it seems like they have some potential to make more sets, but are determined to replace ninjago with chima as soon as possible.

Not really. Having spoken to Kevin Hinkle, it seems like Ninjago was originally not meant to have any 2013 sets, and the 2013 sets were only designed once it became clear just how popular Ninjago was. With that in mind, I imagine any vehicles from the show that don't become sets will be based on sketch models that were proposed as sets but didn't end up on the final lineup. Something similar happened with many 2012 sketch models, like Lloyd's treehouse fortress-- it was designed as a sketch model and appeared in the show, but never ended up becoming a finalized set.Potential for more sets means very little-- there is always potential for more sets, because ideas are an inexhaustible resource. If Ninjago had ended after 2011, people would have likely guessed that there were supposed to have been sets of the Ice Fortress and the Floating Ruins in 2012. If Ninjago had ended after the Great Devourer was defeated, people would have suspected that there was supposed to be a Ninjago City set, a snake train set, and an Ed & Edna's Scrap 'n' Junk set in 2013. But in actuality, some of these might have been concepts that didn't become a part of the wave they were designed for, while others might have never been meant as sets.

Kai was definitely a more important character in the first year. You could argue that he got some special treatment even in the second year, being the most obsessed with the Green Ninja and the last to unlock his full potential. However, I'd say all ninja were more or less even in the end, although Cole was featured a little less than the others in my opinion.-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Kai was definitely a more important character in the first year. You could argue that he got some special treatment even in the second year, being the most obsessed with the Green Ninja and the last to unlock his full potential. However, I'd say all ninja were more or less even in the end, although Cole was featured a little less than the others in my opionion-Gata signoff.png
Well, Cole didn't have a missing Dad, an evil girlfriend, or the main focus of year one.

The finale was awesome, although I wish it had taken Lloyd longer to defeat the Overlord, but that's a nitpick, I guess. Also, seeing Garmadon normal again was very weird. :P

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Kai was definitely a more important character in the first year. You could argue that he got some special treatment even in the second year, being the most obsessed with the Green Ninja and the last to unlock his full potential. However, I'd say all ninja were more or less even in the end, although Cole was featured a little less than the others in my opionion-Gata signoff.png
Well, Cole didn't have a missing Dad, an evil girlfriend, or the main focus of year one.
Cole and Jay do have some of the most fan girls though from what I've seen. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I think it's hilarious that Misako and Wu have been wooing each other for much of the latter part of the season, and then just "Nevermind, my husband is back. See ya Wu"Wu did not Earn His Happy Ending.
I know, right? That's so mean of her. :( Then again, for all we know she was just happy about him being back, and really, who wouldn't? I wouldn't be surprised if she spent more time with Wu again a few days after Garmadon's return, while Garmadon would spend more time with his son. ;)
Cole and Jay do have some of the most fan girls though from what I've seen. :P
Lol. :P
The ending was so predictable, but we still liked it. That's not normal :SI wonder though, how did Sane turn evil? He's a Nindroid for crying out loud!
Personally I think Zane turning into a kid made even less sense, which was even admitted in the episode itself. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The ending was so predictable, but we still liked it. That's not normal :SI wonder though, how did Sane turn evil? He's a Nindroid for crying out loud!
I guess the same way everything else turned evil. The dark matter corrupts anything it touches, but whether or not what it touches has the capability of doing anything is the question. Zane of course can move and all, so the dark matter corrupted him like anything else, but had the ability to move still.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I guess the same way everything else turned evil. The dark matter corrupts anything it touches, but whether or not what it touches has the capability of doing anything is the question. Zane of course can move and all, so the dark matter corrupted him like anything else, but had the ability to move still.
How about when? Zane wasn't hit by the dark matter, Cole and Jay were. Zane only stayed back to keep them busy.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

How about when? Zane wasn't hit by the dark matter, Cole and Jay were. Zane only stayed back to keep them busy.
It's not unreasonable to assume the Overlord picked him off while he was occupied. That way Cole and Jay could continue to pursue Lloyd with backup to boot. And since Zane was on his own in a fight with two opponents, he was probably a much easier target than Lloyd or Kai would be.

It's not unreasonable to assume the Overlord picked him off while he was occupied. That way Cole and Jay could continue to pursue Lloyd with backup to boot. And since Zane was on his own in a fight with two opponents, he was probably a much easier target than Lloyd or Kai would be.
You see him evil for one scene during the last episode.

You see him evil for one scene during the last episode.
Yeah, but given the timeframe between when he'd been left behind by Kai and Lloyd and when you see him again the Overlord could have easily taken a shot at him just to make sure he didn't interfere.

Yeah, but given the timeframe between when he'd been left behind by Kai and Lloyd and when you see him again the Overlord could have easily taken a shot at him just to make sure he didn't interfere.
I'm not saying that he wasn't hit, I'm saying that it makes no sense that he was turned evil. The overlord said that the Dark Matter can turn a man's heart black. But Zane has no heart. He's a robot. So how was he turned evil?

I'm not saying that he wasn't hit, I'm saying that it makes no sense that he was turned evil. The overlord said that the Dark Matter can turn a man's heart black. But Zane has no heart. He's a robot. So how was he turned evil?
Because "heart" in this case is just a figure of speech? In real life, one's heart has nothing to do with their morals-- it's just a fancy pump. But "heart" is still used to refer to a person's emotional and moral center. And there's no question as to whether Zane has emotions and morals in the show, regardless of whether artificial life is capable of such things in the real world. Zane is just as capable of evil under the influence of dark matter as he is capable of good in all other situations.

I think it's hilarious that Misako and Wu have been wooing each other for much of the latter part of the season, and then just"Nevermind, my husband is back. See ya Wu"Wu did not Earn His Happy Ending.
Except Wu gets bragging rights saying "These ninja are mine" and "I raised your boy for you Garmadon." ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I think it's hilarious that Misako and Wu have been wooing each other for much of the latter part of the season, and then just"Nevermind, my husband is back. See ya Wu"Wu did not Earn His Happy Ending.
Except Wu gets bragging rights saying "These ninja are mine" and "I raised your boy for you Garmadon." ;)
Wu also gets to live out his life without being mobbed cause nobody would know him.

Wu also gets to live out his life without being mobbed cause nobody would know him.
I'm not sure if the average person of Ninjago will want to give Lord Garmadon a hug... :P

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I'm not sure if the average person of Ninjago will want to give Lord Garmadon a hug... :P
But he saved Ninjago City from the Great Devourer, remember? Also, technically now the Ninja will finally be able to claim that for themselves without all the city's citizens contradicting them. :P