Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

I also agree that the latest episode was weaker than the ones that had come before it, especially Lord Garmadon's portrayal.

While I originally liked the Great Devourer's bite being a factor in his evil, in this episode it really did feel like he was simply using it as an excuse to do bad things rather than actually influenced by it. In other words we were merely told that he was evil rather than shown. It didn't help that the extent of his evil deeds in the episode was downloading unknown files of unknown importance from the Destiny's Bounty.I don't think he would have to force Lloyd down his path to be truly evil, and truth be told I like that he wants Lloyd to choose his own path. It helps to show that despite being tempted and influenced by evil there is still a layer of humanity underneath. But I think that becomes undermined if the evil on the surface isn't substantial enough to genuinely guide his actions.I think his portrayal in The Green Ninja was alright, honestly, because you could tell that he was toying with Kai the whole time. Even if he wasn't following his evil ambitions to a T, you could tell he was getting a lot of enjoyment out of making Kai squirm, and I think that sort of thing-- getting enjoyment from other people's suffering/discomfort-- is an excellent trait for a villain like Lord Garmadon.

Anyway, I'm also hoping the finale will be more impressive. From the scenes we've been shown so far in the trailer on Wil Film's Vimeo, it will at least be impressive in terms of action scenes, even though we have no way of knowing if the plot, pacing, characterization, etc. will meet expectations.

Wait, so none of you guys have used something as an excuse when you get accused for bad things? :PI don't completely feel that this episode was weaker, though I see where all of you guys are coming from.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I was a bit underwhelmed by some parts of All of Nothing.

For one thing, it did feel like when he was talking to Lloyd, Lord Garmadon was simply using the Great Devourer's bite as an excuse to be evil rather than showing actual internal conflict due to the evil urges inflicted on him.Lloyd's performance as the Green Ninja was pretty underwhelming. Sure, he's a little kid with no proper Ninja training, but I'd assume that he'd be showing more potential than he did with his clumsy rescue attempt. The fact that he did, with Lord Garmadon's help, rescue the other Ninja helped alleviate this disappointment.The battle of skeletons vs. snakes was neat, but not as epic as I had hoped. Overall, it wasn't a bad episode, but not as impressive for me as the ones that had preceded it in which the Ninja unlocked their true potential.

At the beginning, I was not very fond of how Garmadon's character was being developed, either. Already in the 8th episode, I was like "Wut?" when Garmadon asked in a conversation with Wu: "The snake that turned me evil?" Can a person be evil even being completely aware of it and knowing that it is not their actual nature? I guess yes, even though this attitude may appear odd to us at first sight. I think Garmadon's way of acting can be compared to that of the Fire Lord in HF. Garmadon's nature is not being evil but he can't help acting that way, similar to drugaddict who can't help but consuming drugs as he feels the compelling urge to do so. This, of course, presents Garmadon in a very different light. Initially being a purely evil mastermind, Garmadon has now been demystified and his evil relativized. At the beginnning, I was just as surprised about this different portrayal of Garmadon as Jay when Wu told him about Garmadon and himself being friends, but now I am wondering whether this doesn't actually make the whole series more mature, since there is no pure good and pure evil in reality. LEGO might intentionally be trying to wrap up this message in the show. That's the point. The last episode of the series makes it quite obvious that the development and training of Lloyd will be subject to the next series.

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

After Lloyd's epic fail with the weapons, why didn't he, I don't know, TAKE ONE? There was even a relatively safe Really Big Stick in there, why didn't he use any weapons? And how come the Venomari staff suddenly has the symbol in it, while we don't see the other symbols? And why would venom affect a robot, anyways? I think that was just a lame excuse to use Falcon Vision.

aouROFb.png

After Lloyd's epic fail with the weapons, why didn't he, I don't know, TAKE ONE? There was even a relatively safe Really Big Stick in there, why didn't he use any weapons? And how come the Venomari staff suddenly has the symbol in it, while we don't see the other symbols? And why would venom affect a robot, anyways? I think that was just a lame excuse to use Falcon Vision.

Speaking of Falcon Vision, something that annoys me a bit is that the epic falcon theme plays every single time the falcon appears, kind of making it seem overused, and that theme is definitely too good to become overused. I hope they stop doing that in the next season. I also hope they release the falcon in set form. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Lloyd has had zero training with any of those weapons. After hurting himself just opening the weapons cabinet, it seems Lloyd decided, rather wisely, that those weapons would be more of a hindrance than a help.The Serpentine symbols have apparently been on the staffs for a while, although they're not visible from every angle, and unfortunately Pythor's staff doesn't have one.Zane seems to be a very advanced, humanlike robot. After all, he still needs to breathe like humans, even though he can hold his breath for long periods of time. And he can use Spinjitzu or go into his NRG form just like the other, human ninja. So it doesn't surprise me that he is affected by the Venomari venom. Besides, seeing as the Fangpyre venom can affect machinery it's clear that Serpentine venom doesn't work like real venom that only affects living creatures. And on top of that, and getting a bit overly technical, because the falcon vision let him see clearly it can be assumed that the Venomari venom directly affects visual input, as opposed to real hallucinogens which affect how the brain interprets that input.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think Pirate Skulkin should be the next enemies, that'd just be funny. Anyway, if it's Ninja vs. Pirates, then they'll probably be all new characters that start to plague Ninjago. Maybe with a better twist, like Zacax mentioned above?

Makes sense, and thanks for mentioning. My theory. But who would lead them? Nuckal is stupid, Kruncha maybe, but maybe Wyplash. I mean he was rarely, RARELY mentioned or seen in the series. I'll work on an ideal story before the end of 2012

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I think Pirate Skulkin should be the next enemies, that'd just be funny. Anyway, if it's Ninja vs. Pirates, then they'll probably be all new characters that start to plague Ninjago. Maybe with a better twist, like Zacax mentioned above?

Makes sense, and thanks for mentioning. My theory. But who would lead them? Nuckal is stupid, Kruncha maybe, but maybe Wyplash. I mean he was rarely, RARELY mentioned or seen in the series. I'll work on an ideal story before the end of 2012
Wyplash seems to be in line for leader, he seemed somewhat like Samukai, leader-like, respected by the rest of the Skulkin. I think Nuckal and Kruncha are just portrayed like that in the show, I always thought of them as much more intelligent beings, as they are both generals, after all.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

But also Nuckal was portrayed that way in te spinjitzu smash series, so I wonder how he did become a general...Anywho still, working on my ninjago fan series any names for the spider queen idea I had earlier?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

So apparently the missing four episodes will be aired as a special on 20th May in Germany. The reason they gave me is that they were still in production. The best part, though, is that you can already watch all but the last one on the TV channel´s website. :P All other episodes (except for Tick Tock for some reason) can be watched there, too. What´s interesting is that the intros of episodes 10, 11 and 12 have another style than the others, being just like the English ones instead of the ones that aired in Germany that featured a summary of previous episodes and not simply scenes from the previous episode. Other episodes on the channel´s website use the English intro style, too, despite having been aired with the German intro style. :wacko: Either way, I guess what´s still in production and the reason why they were delayed are the introductions, which is somehow silly. My re-make the introductions anyway? I´m glad I could watch the missing episodes, though, albeit with a tiny resolution compared to my records. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

The Ninjago Official Guide explains Wyplash's absence by explaining that he typically works as a spy, and sometimes the other Skulkin don't know where he is. So ostensibly he could have appeared in every episode of the series, and we just didn't notice him because he's that sneaky. In any case I don't expect he's taken full command of the Skeleton Army; it's more likely that the three generals command the army cooperatively, and they haven't been as active lately because without Samukai or Garmadon to lead them the Skulkin seem content just laying low.As an aside, did anyone else find it weirdly touching how Kruncha and Nuckal teamed up to take out a Serpentine (I forget which one) in All of Nothing? As much as they fight, Nuckal and Kruncha have a strange chemistry. And after spending all season as comic relief, it was nice to see them fighting; evidence that, yes, they are the generals for a reason.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The Ninjago Official Guide explains Wyplash's absence by explaining that he typically works as a spy, and sometimes the other Skulkin don't know where he is. So ostensibly he could have appeared in every episode of the series, and we just didn't notice him because he's that sneaky. In any case I don't expect he's taken full command of the Skeleton Army; it's more likely that the three generals command the army cooperatively, and they haven't been as active lately because without Samukai or Garmadon to lead them the Skulkin seem content just laying low.As an aside, did anyone else find it weirdly touching how Kruncha and Nuckal teamed up to take out a Serpentine (I forget which one) in All of Nothing? As much as they fight, Nuckal and Kruncha have a strange chemistry. And after spending all season as comic relief, it was nice to see them fighting; evidence that, yes, they are the generals for a reason.
Well, it was more just Kruncha fighting, as when he congratulated Nuckal on the good distraction Nuckal asked which distraction he meant. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Well, it was more just Kruncha fighting, as when he congratulated Nuckal on the good distraction Nuckal asked which distraction he meant. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
You know, I was really disappointed by the lack of whiplash in the first set of episodes, and this episode served to disappoint me. Also,

I think that kai's first escape was underthought. Why couldn't he bring a few other ninja out to at least help. Also, why didn't he get the golden weapons and toss them to the other ninja? It just doesn't make sense

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

You know, I was really disappointed by the lack of whiplash in the first set of episodes, and this episode served to disappoint me. Also,

I think that kai's first escape was underthought. Why couldn't he bring a few other ninja out to at least help. Also, why didn't he get the golden weapons and toss them to the other ninja? It just doesn't make sense

Are you talking about the movie from last year? Obviously, Kai didn´t want to lose his sister out of sight so I doubt he would stop to wake up the other ninja. And anyway, Kai obviously is that reckless because his element is fire. :P

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Ninja posting!Sorry, had to do that. So this is a topic changer, who thinks there should be like a ninjago fighting game, or even a ninjago video game for the consoles at all insted of the ds.

Ninja posting!Sorry, had to do that. So this is a topic changer, who thinks there should be like a ninjago fighting game, or even a ninjago video game for the consoles at all insted of the ds.

Your questions would be better off here, as this topic is just about the TV series. ;) I agree a Ninjago video game would be great, though, and I´m sure it would fly off the shelves. I doubt LEGO is going to pay for a TV series AND a video game, though, and if we have to choose between those two I prefer the TV series.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Are you talking about the movie from last year? Obviously, Kai didn´t want to lose his sister out of sight so I doubt he would stop to wake up the other ninja. And anyway, Kai obviously is that reckless because his element is fire. :P

-Gata signoff.jpg

He means in the newest episode, when Kai slips out of the cage. I thought that was a bit weird as well, considering it would have been much easier to do that as well

Anyway, is anyone else excited for the first part of the season finale tonight? I know I am.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

-Gata signoff.jpg

He means in the newest episode, when Kai slips out of the cage. I thought that was a bit weird as well, considering it would have been much easier to do that as well

Anyway, is anyone else excited for the first part of the season finale tonight? I know I am.

Oh, right. I was confused because he was talking of a first escape. Anyway, that surprised me as well, I expected him to get the Golden Weapons. Then again, it´s hard to climb with a giant weapon on a hand and then throw it through a cage while keeping your balance.

Well, I´ve already watched it in German today, so I´m not that excited. :P Still looking forward to uploads of the English version of the episode, though.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

-Gata signoff.jpg

Oh, right. I was confused because he was talking of a first escape. Anyway, that surprised me as well, I expected him to get the Golden Weapons. Then again, it´s hard to climb with a giant weapon on a hand and then throw it through a cage while keeping your balance.

Well, I´ve already watched it in German today, so I´m not that excited. :P Still looking forward to uploads of the English version of the episode, though.-Gata signoff.jpg

I'd think you'd learn that in ninja training, but who knows, they're all little plastic people anyway.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I'm very excited, though chances are I won't be able to write a summary for The Ninjago Wiki seeing that my laptop is being repaired and I'm forced to use a desktop that isn't near a TV... I will be extremely appreciative if somebody would like to write a summary here though.It would be nice if both parts aired today though, but I guess it makes more viewers on Cartoon Network this way... :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm very excited, though chances are I won't be able to write a summary for The Ninjago Wiki seeing that my laptop is being repaired and I'm forced to use a desktop that isn't near a TV... I will be extremely appreciative if somebody would like to write a summary here though.It would be nice if both parts aired today though, but I guess it makes more viewers on Cartoon Network this way... :P

I may be able to write a small summary, but it would most likely have to be edited and built upon afterwards.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

The new episode was pretty cool. The usual brand of dumb humor and silly fighting aside, it had some good plot development and some cool visuals.I don't get what the ninja were doing waiting at the dismembered truck-thing, though. They have vehicles right there in their hands. What the heck?

AXKP5KC.png

The new episode was pretty cool. The usual brand of dumb humor and silly fighting aside, it had some good plot development and some cool visuals.I don't get what the ninja were doing waiting at the dismembered truck-thing, though. They have vehicles right there in their hands. What the heck?

I think they were trying to respect Sensei Wu's choice to face Pythor alone. However, as they were picked up by The Bounty right after, it really doesn't make sense.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

The same reason they didn't use their vehicles when they were chasing after the falcon in Zane's true potential episode.So, yeah, good episode. Really excited for the finale next week. This is one of few shows where I get excited for new episodes.

Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

The same reason they didn't use their vehicles when they were chasing after the falcon in Zane's true potential episode.So, yeah, good episode. Really excited for the finale next week. This is one of few shows where I get excited for new episodes.

Kalhiki

And that reason is? I truly think that the ninja cannot use their powers to use their vehicles for extended periods of time yet. It's like flexing a mind muscle, you can only sustain it for long. Anywho,

I think that battling pytor and losing was not really authentic. If you can face off with the master of shadows(garmadon) and come to a standstill, how in the world can you lose a fight with a simple snake, albeit with some camoflauge powers?

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Kalhiki

And that reason is? I truly think that the ninja cannot use their powers to use their vehicles for extended periods of time yet. It's like flexing a mind muscle, you can only sustain it for long. Anywho,

I think that battling pytor and losing was not really authentic. If you can face off with the master of shadows(garmadon) and come to a standstill, how in the world can you lose a fight with a simple snake, albeit with some camoflauge powers?

The reason is that they needed the plot to work. You may be right about your theory, though. After chasing a falcon and wondering what that falcon is and where it is leading you to for probably hours you are likely to lose focus at some point. :P

Master of shadows, but not master of fighting. Anyway, try fighting an enemy you can´t see. :P

-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Just a reminder that tomorrow Cartoon Network will be playing the current season of Ninjago from the beginning, culminating with the finale at the show's regular 8:00 Wednesday time. Anyone needing to catch up who will be free tomorrow might want to take advantage of this!

Just a reminder that tomorrow Cartoon Network will be playing the current season of Ninjago from the beginning, culminating with the finale at the show's regular 8:00 Wednesday time. Anyone needing to catch up who will be free tomorrow might want to take advantage of this!

Aww man... I don't have CN. :/Wait, is this the second season, or the third?

You may want to send this to the news. ;)

It´s the second season, season three is coming next year.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

This is still the second season. The third season airs throughout 2013. The marathan will begin with "Rise of the Snakes", if you want to read through some plot synopsises on The Ninjago Wiki (there are forward and back links at the top and bottom of each article; we are missing a few summaries, sadly).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

This is still the second season. The third season airs throughout 2013. The marathan will begin with "Rise of the Snakes", if you want to read through some plot synopsises on The Ninjago Wiki (there are forward and back links at the top and bottom of each article; we are missing a few summaries, sadly).
Ahh k. :P Wanted to make sure.And I've watched it on... another site. So I'm pretty caught up. d=

What time does it begin? I really can't miss that, it sounds too good.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

What time does it begin? I really can't miss that, it sounds too good.
The Cartoon Network website says it starts at 13:30, probably CST.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

You might count it as the first season, considering the original was many just a short series of five TV specials.

Why five? Anyway, I understand your point, but it´s still considered as season two and what we got last year as season one on TV series and movie databases.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Anyway, watched this episode in korean, and here's what I think:

<P>Lord Garmadon's turning towards good was too easy. Wouldn't he be moreclosely under the snake's sway in his prescense? Also, I thought that the GreatDevourer could not be killed. I guess the four golden weapons were powerfulenough, but it seemed a little too easy. Also, it would have been nice to havethe ultra sonic raider make a longer appearance. As to the four-headed dragon,Meh. I could care less.</P>

Also, I wonder if there'll be a new generation of ninja next year. It seems to make sense, since the original ninja have reached their full potential.

BZRPG profiles

Also, I wonder if there'll be a new generation of ninja next year. It seems to make sense, since the original ninja have reached their full potential.

I hope not, honestly, because I like having it with a simple cast. It's easier to keep track of in the long run, and would be much easier for new fans to jump in. I do expect that some new protagonists will be introduced, as they were this year with Samurai X and Lloyd.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Anyway, watched this episode in korean, and here's what I think:

<p>Lord Garmadon's turning towards good was too easy. Wouldn't he be moreclosely under the snake's sway in his prescense? Also, I thought that the GreatDevourer could not be killed. I guess the four golden weapons were powerfulenough, but it seemed a little too easy. Also, it would have been nice to havethe ultra sonic raider make a longer appearance. As to the four-headed dragon,Meh. I could care less.</p>

Until we hear the English dubbing, we can´t know Garmadon´s true motives for defeating the Great Devourer.

Please, no new ninja, I´m more than happy with them. However, it would be nice if Kai got an orange suit, Zane a light blue one, Jay a yellow one and Cole a light green or dark grey one. ^_^ Also, I imagine Lloyd will already be a teenager in the next season.-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png