Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

Well cause Greg F. is writing it.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

How is that related? Anyway, while both BIONICLE and Ninjago books and comics have been written by Farshtey, the TV series hasn´t, as far as I know.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

So, if this season over? I haven't been up-to-date.Will there be a third season? If there were any cliffhangers, there certainly might be.

Yes, the season is over. A third season is planned and is in development currently. I can't think of many cliffhangers besides the fact that Skales took lead of the Serpentine, and he could come back possibly.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

So, if this season over? I haven't been up-to-date.Will there be a third season? If there were any cliffhangers, there certainly might be.

Yes, the season is over. A third season is planned and is in development currently. I can't think of many cliffhangers besides the fact that Skales took lead of the Serpentine, and he could come back possibly.
Don´t forget that

Lord Garmadon is now gone with the Golden Weapons. ;)

-Gata Signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 3 weeks later...

How is that related? Anyway, while both BIONICLE and Ninjago books and comics have been written by Farshtey, the TV series hasn´t, as far as I know.-Gata signoff.jpg
That is correct. Dan Hageman and Kevin Hageman write the Ninjago TV Series.Also, today I watched the season finale again with Lyichir, and one thing I noticed is how awesome that Ultra Dragon is... I hope we get some more information on it and the metamorphosis the dragons went through in the Spirit Coves. The finale was pretty epic overall after the second time watching it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

How is that related? Anyway, while both BIONICLE and Ninjago books and comics have been written by Farshtey, the TV series hasn´t, as far as I know.-Gata signoff.jpg
That is correct. Dan Hageman and Kevin Hageman write the Ninjago TV Series.Also, today I watched the season finale again with Lyichir, and one thing I noticed is how awesome that Ultra Dragon is... I hope we get some more information on it and the metamorphosis the dragons went through in the Spirit Coves. The finale was pretty epic overall after the second time watching it.
I feel the Epic Dragon is more... well, epic, in the show than the set. It may just be a terrible pose for display and artwork, as Jay's Storm Fighter had for box art, but it just looks big and confusing to me. I hope this isn't the case.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I feel the Epic Dragon is more... well, epic, in the show than the set. It may just be a terrible pose for display and artwork, as Jay's Storm Fighter had for box art, but it just looks big and confusing to me. I hope this isn't the case.
I see where you get that. I used to think the same thing until I saw the official images of the set. The pose worked better for me. :P The Ultra Dragon in the show is still totally awesome though.I can't wait until the Season Two DVD is released. I need HD screenshots. ^_^ Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I see where you get that. I used to think the same thing until I saw the official images of the set. The pose worked better for me. :P The Ultra Dragon in the show is still totally awesome though.I can't wait until the Season Two DVD is released. I need HD screenshots. ^_^
I'm actually tempted to buy the DVD, which is weird, considering I almost never buy movies/tv shows really, except for the BIONICLE movies.and yeah, the Ultra Dragon was pretty amazing in the show. I still think it's weird that Cole ignored about 3/4ths of the dragon and focused on Rocky's head, not really showing that he saw it was a four headed dragon. A bit weird to me...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I see where you get that. I used to think the same thing until I saw the official images of the set. The pose worked better for me. :P The Ultra Dragon in the show is still totally awesome though.I can't wait until the Season Two DVD is released. I need HD screenshots. ^_^
I'm actually tempted to buy the DVD, which is weird, considering I almost never buy movies/tv shows really, except for the BIONICLE movies.and yeah, the Ultra Dragon was pretty amazing in the show. I still think it's weird that Cole ignored about 3/4ths of the dragon and focused on Rocky's head, not really showing that he saw it was a four headed dragon. A bit weird to me...
Well, Rocky is Cole's personal dragon. What was weird was that he was the only one to acknowledge that their corresponding dragon had returned, but it wasn't much of a problem IMO. Just a bit strange, seeing that Jay complained that the dragons left them in an earlier scene of the episode. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find this in the UK.DXDarn you, Freeview!---Scratch that. I just watched from Tick Tock to the end of the series.And I am finding myself wanting to be Haruhi, and them to have a high school host club.And Nya... She's about as awesome as all the female Bionicle put together and more, when she's not being a damsel in distress.And- Actually, I'll stop there, since everything else will be about how I'm attracted to some CGI minifigures. Why can't there be a hot cosplayer of one of them? I shall gladly be Nya!But Nya... Is Japanese onomatopeia for meow.

Edited by Neelh

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I can't find this in the UK.DXDarn you, Freeview!---Scratch that. I just watched from Tick Tock to the end of the series.And I am finding myself wanting to be Haruhi, and them to have a high school host club.And Nya... She's about as awesome as all the female Bionicle put together and more, when she's not being a damsel in distress.And- Actually, I'll stop there, since everything else will be about how I'm attracted to some CGI minifigures. Why can't there be a hot cosplayer of one of them? I shall gladly be Nya!But Nya... Is Japanese onomatopeia for meow.

One thing I've noticed about LEGO fan conventions is there isn't nearly enough cosplay. :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

...That's it.I'll make it.I can barely sew, but I love Nya's costume, even though I thought she was a middle-aged woman before I saw the show (Her face was half-covered, and it's difficult to estimate ages of minifigures). Plus, she holds some memories for me already, as well as Kai.My parents are going to hate me when I say that I need a new wig.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

...That's it.I'll make it.I can barely sew, but I love Nya's costume, even though I thought she was a middle-aged woman before I saw the show (Her face was half-covered, and it's difficult to estimate ages of minifigures). Plus, she holds some memories for me already, as well as Kai.My parents are going to hate me when I say that I need a new wig.

Lego cosplay sounds pretty cool, not something you see a lot though. Sounds like an interesting endevour. Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I need to catch up DX. I last saw Kai ZX's intro episode.

There's a DVD coming out on June 26 of the entire season 2. I recommend you get that. Season 2 isn't something you want to miss out on. It's pretty good.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Aside from cosplay, I haven't seen any like true fan art, like them fighting the skulkin or serpentine, other than the outfield versions of them I found here on BZPower.I could post some soon, brb.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Aside from cosplay, I haven't seen any like true fan art, like them fighting the skulkin or serpentine, other than the outfield versions of them I found here on BZPower.I could post some soon, brb.

Check several websites known for fan art. The particular one where I have seen a lot of decent fan art is unmentionable by name, though you should be able to figure it out. ;)EDIT: If this conversation is to continue after Lyichir's quote, it should be carried on here. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Check several websites known for fan art. The particular one where I have seen a lot of decent fan art is unmentionable by name, though you should be able to figure it out. ;)
I haven't even seen that much outstanding fanart there. I've found that the better works tend to be things parents make for their kids (birthday cakes, costumes, etc.), rather than actual works created by fans. I suppose the number of good fan artists will increase as the theme ages, similarly to what happened with BIONICLE. But for now, what I've seen from actual fans consists largely of Mary-Sue OCs.

Last thing on fan art, first gen KaiCreationLabFile.jpg by me, made like 2011So yea, anyone know when season 3 premieres or what the next enemy is?

Edited by Zacax

So yea, anyone know when season 3 premieres or what the next enemy is?

Season 3 premieres towards the end of this year, presumably in December (when Season 2 debuted last year). No news on what the enemy is. There's a rumor that it could be pirates, but that's mostly derived from some unsourced episode names and a fake screenshot someone put together by photoshopping a LEGO Battles screenshot to have the Green Ninja in it. The episode name that mentions pirates could potentially be legit, but I don't think any rumors about pirates being the main enemies for next year are all that reliable. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Last thing on fan art, first gen KaiCreationLabFile.jpgby me, made like 2011So yea, anyone know when season 3 premieres or what the next enemy is?

Very nice art! I like the overall style in your art.Season 3 premiers on December 7, 2012, if you were wondering the exact day. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Pirates Vs. Ninjas is now confirmed. And Garmadon somehow fused the Golden Weapons and the Ninja are using substitute weapons, the Serpentine are back, and Lloyd is as fail as ever. 2013 is going to be the craziest year ever.

Edit: Spoilers spoilered.Woo-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

aouROFb.png

You might want to put that in spoiler tags. :PIs there any reliable source where I can get the official episode names? I need somewhere to cite them on The Ninjago Wiki. :/

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Now that season 3 has "quietly" started airing (in some places), would we expect sets based on it for 2013? It seems weird to start airing it without any new set promotion, especially when new characters and whatnot are rumored to appear...EDIT: Also created a page for the first episode of season 3/ episode 14. Title is called Darkness Shall Rise.

Edited by unknown_user2596

Now that season 3 has "quietly" started airing (in some places), would we expect sets based on it for 2013? It seems weird to start airing it without any new set promotion, especially when new characters and whatnot are rumored to appear...EDIT: Also created a page for the first episode of season 3/ episode 14. Title is called Darkness Shall Rise.
I don´t think we can expect sets based on this season next year as it seems based on this year´s sets so far. If anything, the third season already airing now means that there may be no sets next year. On the other hand, there could well be an additional season next year. :shrugs:-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

It could be that there are fall 2012 sets we don't know about yet.Or Season 3 isn't based on any sets, which means that there is more room for creativity and that LEGO really is putting a lot into this show.
I think it´s highly unlikely that an entirely wave of fall sets could have been hidden from anyone until so short before its release.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

It could be that there are fall 2012 sets we don't know about yet.Or Season 3 isn't based on any sets, which means that there is more room for creativity and that LEGO really is putting a lot into this show.
I think it´s highly unlikely that an entirely wave of fall sets could have been hidden from anyone until so short before its release.-Gata signoff.png
Well, let's not say that so soon, because at Toy Fair the sets based on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey were announced for a fall 2012 release, and yet as far as I know we still don't know any of the sets. So yes, a full wave of sets could ostensibly be hidden. However, it's a different matter entirely whether they would be hidden. We already know Ninjago sets through September, and I don't see why a fall wave would be released when it would risk cannibalizing the sales of the waves already on store shelves, or why it would be hidden so carefully when there's no licensing agreement forcing TLG to do so.With that said, Kevin Hinkle informed me on Flickr that the marketing team at LEGO told him we could expect one more wave of Ninjago sets. He's not certain whether this is the same wave already announced for September (three spinners and two booster packs which were at Toy Fair but have yet to show up on store shelves), but in his words, "My guess is that there will be another wave after the ones already shown but I could be wrong." If there is another wave, there's still no telling when it will be or whether it will tie in with the new season of the TV series. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Tonight's the night! Season 3 here I come. If you haven't already seen, The Ninjago Wiki got an exclusive, extended trailer for this season from Comic-Con 2012. Check it out. I also put my TV's very short plot description of this upcoming episode on the "Darkness Shall Rise" article, so if anybody wants to get an idea of what's coming, without all the spoilers, check the page out.So, anybody else as excited as I am for this season? :D

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Tonight's the night! Season 3 here I come. If you haven't already seen, The Ninjago Wiki got an exclusive, extended trailer for this season from Comic-Con 2012. Check it out. I also put my TV's very short plot description of this upcoming episode on the "Darkness Shall Rise" article, so if anybody wants to get an idea of what's coming, without all the spoilers, check the page out.So, anybody else as excited as I am for this season? :D
Sure I am, also because I've had enough of low-quality records. :P I bet the entire season will have aired in the US before it even begins here in September. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Zane's eye is back. I am disappoint. :(Good episode overall, if a little mundane.
Generally an okay episode. The pacing was a little iffy at parts, and regrettably, in the otherwise-epic final scene, Sensei Wu's "disturbance in the force" line shattered my suspension of disbelief. But the jokes were funny, and I especially loved the scene where Jay scared off those muggers in the alley. "Thank you, Pizza Ninja!" XD

Zane's eye is back. I am disappoint. :(Good episode overall, if a little mundane.
Generally an okay episode. The pacing was a little iffy at parts, and regrettably, in the otherwise-epic final scene, Sensei Wu's "disturbance in the force" line shattered my suspension of disbelief. But the jokes were funny, and I especially loved the scene where Jay scared off those muggers in the alley. "Thank you, Pizza Ninja!" XD
That was funny, but I thought Skalidor's stupidity was excellent. This line is my favorite:Skales: "...How can we do that?"Skalidor: "Release the Devourer!"Skales: "No you cool dude. We already did that".Also, I loved when the Serpentine first got on the Black Bounty, and Mezmo said "Why is we be flyin' in de opposite direction" in a pirate accent. I lol'd.EDIT: "Cool Dude"? Thanks word filter. I'll see if I can get some staff to fix that. >_> Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick