Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

Wow, I lol'd when Wu said the "Disturbance in the force" line. I didn't know Wu could use the Force. :PBTW, I wonder where Pythor went.
It's thought that he died, but I'd like to think he survived, seeing as Wu survived, and they were eaten at the same time. Pythor could've turned invisible and fled. Sounds like the kind of thing Pythor would do.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Heads up: Tomorrow at 8pm (EST), Season 3, episode 2: Pirates vs. Ninja airs on Cartoon Network. The Ninjago Wiki has a brief plot description (not full of spoilers) if anybody wants to get an idea of what's going to go on.

So we're finally going to learn where the Destiny's Bounty came from. I want to know what happened to the pirates and how they died. Sounds fun.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Hey, I'm new here so I wasn't sure if spoilers on episodes that have not officially aired yet (I don't know how people seem to get them but they do) are allowed. Becuase 'd rather not know what happens until I watch it myself.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

Hey, I'm new here so I wasn't sure if spoilers on episodes that have not officially aired yet (I don't know how people seem to get them but they do) are allowed. Becuase 'd rather not know what happens until I watch it myself.
Several episodes have already aired in Singapore, I think. Anyway, most people are kind enough to hide story information from new episodes in spoiler tags, so I think you shouldn't need to worry. ;)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The brown ninja needs to get his own show.
That would be awesome! I love him. He's just so awesome as a character. :PTonight's episode was great. I loved the flashback at the beginning, and the pirates were just such a cool addition.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

It was funny when the dark Jay was like, "Guess what I kissed Nya!" And then Jay got all mad at him. :lol:

Probably hiding because he's too scared to go on missions with the ninja anymore. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

It was funny when the dark Jay was like, "Guess what I kissed Nya!" And then Jay got all mad at him. :lol:

Probably hiding because he's too scared to go on missions with the ninja anymore. :P
Lol I think you quoted the wrong post.

The matter/antimatter thing with the doppelgangers was kind of lame. I wanted the Ninja to get more powerful and be able to defeat their doppegangers. But hey, it's at least better than the infamous "hit the one that isn't you" strategy, which I was definitely expecting.

Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Lol I think you quoted the wrong post.

The matter/antimatter thing with the doppelgangers was kind of lame. I wanted the Ninja to get more powerful and be able to defeat their doppegangers. But hey, it's at least better than the infamous "hit the one that isn't you" strategy, which I was definitely expecting.

>_< At least you knew what I meant. :POverall, I love how the new season is coming. I originally thought the pirates would be a major group of characters, but they work best the way they are. I do however think that they'll get out of jail and cause some more trouble...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I've seen bits and pieces of the show. I think I saw the first episode, part of the treehouse... snake... thingy... something about booby traps. Also the one where Zane was pink. XD Adorable. Kinda confused about where the kid fits in with all of this, though. But, I can't say the story is very suspenseful from what I've seen (well, for being an action story and all). I've barely seen three episodes, and even so I think it's pretty obvious who the green ninja is. =/ (Of course I haven't followed the story at all, so I have no idea if that's been revealed yet). They do seem predictable, but they're also filled with some good laughs here and there as well as some interesting animation. Though, it does seem to fall a bit short on the violence front. I can't blame LEGO for that, but... I kinda wish there were more magic lazer beam teddy bears being flung around all over the place and countered with pixie dust that turns the trees into loyal minions of the snake people. They send their bird air forces that are immune to the burning, yet fluffy hugs. And now I need to fix my imagination... or break it, I'm not quite sure which...

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I've seen bits and pieces of the show. I think I saw the first episode, part of the treehouse... snake... thingy... something about booby traps. Also the one where Zane was pink. XD Adorable. Kinda confused about where the kid fits in with all of this, though. But, I can't say the story is very suspenseful from what I've seen (well, for being an action story and all). I've barely seen three episodes, and even so I think it's pretty obvious who the green ninja is. =/ (Of course I haven't followed the story at all, so I have no idea if that's been revealed yet). They do seem predictable, but they're also filled with some good laughs here and there as well as some interesting animation. Though, it does seem to fall a bit short on the violence front. I can't blame LEGO for that, but... I kinda wish there were more magic lazer beam teddy bears being flung around all over the place and countered with pixie dust that turns the trees into loyal minions of the snake people. They send their bird air forces that are immune to the burning, yet fluffy hugs. And now I need to fix my imagination... or break it, I'm not quite sure which...
You really need to watch the full series all the way through. You've missed all of the episodes with action and awesomeness. :P Yes, the green ninja was revealed in Season 2, episode 10 "The Green Ninja". If you don't have time to watch all of the episodes, The Ninjago Wiki has most of the plot descriptions written in detail, preferably starting with this one or this one. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Ninjago really isn't a good enough cartoon that one really needs to watch everything. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool series, but it only shines in comparison to other LEGO things. There are much much better cartoons out there that are currently running. (though admittedly a lot of them are in seasonal breaks) Ninjago isn't worth going out of your way to watch....At least, most of it. There are some gems in there. (Tick Tock, The Royal Blacksmiths, etc) The past two episodes have also been undeniably great, if unelegant.

AXKP5KC.png

I haven't been too thrilled with the new season, but the latest episode ("Double Trouble") was quite good.

I loved the theme music for the evil ninja. It was great to return to a location we'd seen previously (Darkley's) as well as to see some new characters who helped flesh out Lloyd's backstory. Lord Garmadon's brainstorming scene with the Serpentine was also laugh-out-loud hilarious. "Remember, there are no bad ideas!"

The lower ranked ones were always like that, right?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

The lower ranked ones were always like that, right?
Some of them were, though it's always been a running joke with Mezmo in particular.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I'm excited about tonight's episode. I want to see what ninja ball is.

Several episodes have already aired in Singapore, I think. Anyway, most people are kind enough to hide story information from new episodes in spoiler tags, so I think you shouldn't need to worry. ;)-Gata signoff.png
Ok thanks for saying :) Edited by -Windrider-

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

I've been watching the series for a while now, but never had a reason to post here- until now, when I found something.In the latest episode (For the U.S.), there seems to be a mistake/easter egg.

In the beginning of ep. 17, when the ninja are talking to Dareth about his dojo being taken, Kai is wearing his old suit (not DX or ZX) for just a second.

I'm not sure which it was, but I'm quite sure it's there.Note: EDIT: I can't make the spoilers work on my computer, so tell me if they're not working.Zakaro

Edited by A Skyblasted Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Last night's episode was quite good. I loved the plot, because it was fun and intense at the same time.

Lloyd finally got taller!

I can't believe Nya wasn't turned into an old lady and Sensei Wu into dust though. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I agree. It was a good episode.

The only problem was that the episode seemed more like an excuse for Lloyd to grow up than an actual plot for Garmadon to fight the ninja. Garmadon and the snakes were literally it the episode for like 5 minutes and then they were gone.

I agree. It was a good episode.

The only problem was that the episode seemed more like an excuse for Lloyd to grow up than an actual plot for Garmadon to fight the ninja. Garmadon and the snakes were literally it the episode for like 5 minutes and then they were gone.

I think the reason that Garmadon and the Serpentine were in the episode for such a short time is because the ninja had a much more important and dangerous problem to take care of at the time. :PAlso, Mother Doomsday was excellent. Absolutely awesome.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Lol, why's he called mother when he's a man? :P
I think it's just a joke about how he's in charge. Something like that. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Lloyd's new hair is so cool.So cool.
I know, right? I wish it was available as a piece in that color...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The latest episode ("Wrong Place, Wrong Time") was great, but a real mind screw. Alternate timelines certainly don't make being a wiki editor any easier!

The really confusing thing is that somehow, even though the Mega-Weapon of the present was destroyed in the past, it seems never to have existed in the present time of the new timeline. Since the star created by the Mega-Weapon's destruction still exists in the new present, the only thing we can assume is that while the Mega-Weapon's destruction sent the Ninja and Lord Garmadon back to the present, it did not undo the intervention they had made in the past, and that somehow the changes that took place allowed the timeline to proceed as normal for the most part but caused the Mega-Weapon never to have been created.Needless to say, there are a lot of unanswered questions. For instance, if the Mega-Weapon was never created, what became of the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu? Does Lord Garmadon, in the new timeline, still have them? Also, as one person on another site pointed out, if Lord Garmadon never had the Mega-Weapon, and thus never reanimated the Grundel, why is Lloyd older in this new timeline? It's definitely a puzzle, and I'm probably getting my hopes up too high if I expect everything to be cleared up in future episodes. Time travel stories just have the potential to get messy like this.

So, if the Mega Weapon never existed in the new timeline, do you think the Serpentine will still follow Garmadon, because the weapon is what convinced them to follow in the first place, correct?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Not a very good episode. It felt like it should have been the start of something amazing story-wise, but it was just...weird. The end leaves too many questions and it's doubtful that they will be answered.Also, I don't know what's up with Jay speaking with Cole's voice, but it's happened twice this season, and it is strange.

AXKP5KC.png

If you watch it from the beginning, its really good. Much better than Hero Factory IMO. Yeah, the clips usually show the silly parts if the show, mainly to grab the young audience.Cartoon Network or any other cartoon channel wants. I recommend.that you watch it. ;)

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

So, how good is this show? I'm scared to watch any type of TV show or movie that Lego makes. I've seen clips of this, and it honestly looks really silly.
It's okay. It's much better than Hero Factory, but let's be honest here, that's not saying much. It's not bad, it just tends to be kind of mediocre half the time (Especially the later parts of the second season) And the jokes are terrible for the most part. And the action is often pretty awkward, what with them being minifigures and all.But I repeat, it's not bad. Thing is, it's not amazing either, and there are much better shows that you could spend your time on. Edited by undyingUmbrage

AXKP5KC.png

So, if the Mega Weapon never existed in the new timeline, do you think the Serpentine will still follow Garmadon, because the weapon is what convinced them to follow in the first place, correct?

The four weapons of Spinjitzu are what convinced the Serpentine to follow him, and there's no reason to think he didn't still get his hands on those. In fact, it would be believable that if the timeline continued relatively unchanged after the interference from the future Ninja and Lord Garmadon, the Mega-Weapon not being formed might easily be the biggest change. After all, don't forget that the last thing the past Lord Garmadon saw in this new timeline before the present Lord Garmadon and ninja returned to their time was the Mega-Weapon failing spectacularly. And if the present Lord Garmadon had described his other attempts to defeat the Ninja to his past self, it would quickly become clear that creating the Mega-Weapon was not the best strategy for the future.Another thing to consider is that Lord Garmadon's usual M.O. is destruction, and the Mega-Weapon has no power to destroy, only to create. The four weapons of Spinjitzu, on the other hand, have great destructive power in the wrong hands. I think if Lord Garmadon had known what the Mega-Weapon was capable of (and limited to) before he went to the Golden Peaks to create it, he'd never have done so in the first place and would have kept the four weapons.If he did not create the Mega-Weapon, then most of the events of this season of the show might have happened differently. But until we learn otherwise, we have no reason to think any of the events after Lord Garmadon escaping from the Underworld but before the Mega-Weapon's creation happened differently.