Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

I've been watching this since February, and I'm impressed. I think this is LEGO's best plot since Bionicle.I enjoy a good amount of the jokes, such as the "four arms" running gag, and the evil brainstorming scenes.I do miss Pythor though, and Sensei's "disturbance in the force" and "great Scott" lines were painful.

The most recent episode had me confused at the end. It really needed to have more explanation at the end. For example, Nya faded out in the past, and then wasn't shown when the ninja returned to the present, leaving me uncertain whether she has no vanished. I think that Garmadon should have the Four Golden Weapons now, since they cannot have been destroyed in the past, as the ninja often used them in Season 2. It makes sense that we haven't seen Darreth's dojo, since the front was hit with a wrecking ball and it presumably is being repaired. I would still like to see him again. Maybe he can distract the Serpentine during Lloyd's final battle with Garmadon :P

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

oh boy, lots of... um... inconsistencies in that last episode.

1. if garmadon never had the golden weapons, he would have never created the dinosaur thing, and they never would've used the aging potion, meaning lloyed would still be a kid.2. the ninja in the past are not a separate entity, and it appears that Nya may be missing, if that is true, Kai would have known. 3. it is possible that they would not have the ship, and it is possible that they would still be at the base. but that may have progressed in much the same way. but even if it did, and the ship was destroyed, garmadon would never have been able to bring it back. 4 garmadon would never have been able to defeat the great devourer.

so yeah, thoughts?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

1. if garmadon never had the golden weapons, he would have never created the dinosaur thing, and they never would've used the aging potion, meaning lloyed would still be a kid.2. the ninja in the past are not a separate entity, and it appears that Nya may be missing, if that is true, Kai would have known.3. it is possible that they would not have the ship, and it is possible that they would still be at the base. but that may have progressed in much the same way. but even if it did, and the ship was destroyed, garmadon would never have been able to bring it back.4 garmadon would never have been able to defeat the great devourer.

so yeah, thoughts?

I think destroying the Mega-Weapon simply nullified all the changes except for the fact that the Mega-Weapon was never made.

Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

1. if garmadon never had the golden weapons, he would have never created the dinosaur thing, and they never would've used the aging potion, meaning lloyed would still be a kid.2. the ninja in the past are not a separate entity, and it appears that Nya may be missing, if that is true, Kai would have known.3. it is possible that they would not have the ship, and it is possible that they would still be at the base. but that may have progressed in much the same way. but even if it did, and the ship was destroyed, garmadon would never have been able to bring it back.4 garmadon would never have been able to defeat the great devourer.

so yeah, thoughts?

I think destroying the Mega-Weapon simply nullified all the changes except for the fact that the Mega-Weapon was never made.

That only works if the golden weapons where not destroyed. If that is the case, than it can happen. But it was unclear. I guess we'll find out.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

so yeah, thoughts?

That only works if the golden weapons where not destroyed. If that is the case, than it can happen. But it was unclear. I guess we'll find out.
Time travel has a way of screwing up all forms of logic, so yeah, I guess only time will tell. :spank:In all seriousness, though, the Mega-Weapon's destruction shouldn't have been a giant reset button, but I guess the episode wasn't long enough for a logical conclusion.

aouROFb.png

so yeah, thoughts?

Time travel has a way of screwing up all forms of logic, so yeah, I guess only time will tell. :spank:In all seriousness, though, the Mega-Weapon's destruction shouldn't have been a giant reset button, but I guess the episode wasn't long enough for a logical conclusion.
That's because its treated like time is still functioning the same way as before. theoretically, it would have always been the same way. Not that theres any way to know. Edited by Wheeljack

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

• 4 weeks later...

While there's still no word on when new episodes will start airing again, we do have some news on upcoming DVDs. On November 27, to tie in with the conclusion of the series, a DVD titled LEGO Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu: Rise of the Green Ninja will be released, containing this season's first seven episodes. In early 2013, the complete second season (or third season, depending on what numbering system you follow) and the complete series will be released for DVD and Blu-Ray. I'm quite impressed about the episodes being available on Blu-Ray since it means it will be possible to watch the episodes in HD without having to record them from an HD channel (though of course, my family does not have a Blu-Ray player at this time).

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

• 2 weeks later...
Istill don't understand how in the world Lloyd exists. His father was in the underground for decades. Misako explained jack squat.Boo.That said, the

stone warrior and Ninjago being half of a yin-yang land is awesome.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that as the books establish, there are portals to the Underworld all over the place. The trick is just knowing where to look. With that in mind, it's easy to imagine he could have sent a Skeleton Warrior or two up to the surface to snatch her, Persephone-style. :PThe bigger question in my book is how she could have a kid with a guy as awful as Garmadon. I hope it's addressed in a future episode (maybe he has a charming side in spite of his fiendish ambition?), because if not then we'll have to assume there's a reason they're not elaborating on that, and that means assuming the worst possible reasons. While Lord Garmadon's creepy in many ways, I'd rather not think of him in non-family-friendly terms. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Istill don't understand how in the world Lloyd exists. His father was in the underground for decades. Misako explained jack squat.Boo.That said, the

stone warrior and Ninjago being half of a yin-yang land is awesome.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that as the books establish, there are portals to the Underworld all over the place. The trick is just knowing where to look. With that in mind, it's easy to imagine he could have sent a Skeleton Warrior or two up to the surface to snatch her, Persephone-style. :PThe bigger question in my book is how she could have a kid with a guy as awful as Garmadon. I hope it's addressed in a future episode (maybe he has a charming side in spite of his fiendish ambition?), because if not then we'll have to assume there's a reason they're not elaborating on that, and that means assuming the worst possible reasons. While Lord Garmadon's creepy in many ways, I'd rather not think of him in non-family-friendly terms.
I think of Garmadon as having two different sides. One is his original side (before being bitten by the GD) and the other is the evil side. The evil side is usually dominant, but the good side came out when someone he loved (Lloyd) was in danger. Even now, he doesn't want to hurt Lloyd and will eliminate his brother and the ninja instead. It looks like he has a good side when people he loves are concerned (wow that was pretty sentimental).He doesn't seem to like Sensei so much since he got him turned evil in the first place, and then electrocuted him

I'll put up my predictions now. I was expecting the Overlord to trick/attack Garmadon at any second, like that he would be trapped when he used the quadruple switch, or that the Overlord would want Garmadon to squish Lloyd. I almost feel sorry for Garmadon (I wish we knew his first name). A little ironic how the Overlord is likely manipulating Garmadon like how he was manipulating the Serpentine.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

I was under the impression that Garmadon was his first name. It can't be his last, or the Sensei would be Wu Garmadon.
Well, Lloyd's full name is Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon. I think Sensei is Wu Garmadon, but no one calls him that because of the association with the viillian.

The Bionicle Channel

But even as kids it was "Wu and Garmadon," not "Wu Garmadon andhis bro the other Garmadon."Lloyd uses his father's name as his last because the brothers don't have a last name to pass down.
Makes sense, and anyways it doesn't help that their father is only known as "The First Spinjitsu Master"

The Bionicle Channel

I'm very, very glad about the introduction of

The Overlord and the Stone Army.

I feel like Ninjago is becoming epic again. Many of the past episodes of this season, though occasionally fun, overall felt like a waste of time to me. Honestly, apart from Lloyd having turned older, this episode could have happened right after the end of the last season just as well.-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I feel like Ninjago is becoming epic again. Many of the past episodes of this season, though occasionally fun, overall felt like a waste of time to me. Honestly, apart from Lloyd having turned older, this episode could have happened right after the end of the last season just as well.-Gata signoff.png

Probably, but personally I liked having a break for some silliness. Ninjago has a lot of potential for silliness, and I prefer that they exploited that for several episodes before getting back into the serious stuff to the alternative, which would be to either keep things serious straight through the series or to alternate haphazardly between silly and serious episodes.Furthermore, I think Lord Garmadon's plans finally beginning to work in Episode 20 wouldn't have been nearly as powerful if we had not previously seen him fail and fail again until he reached the point of desperation.Now, I do think that there could have been some more character development and plot advancement in the first half of this season even if the episodes tended to be stand-alone episodes with a good deal of silliness. Something that continues to bother me is that Lloyd does not have any signature weapon, and I'm thinking an episode where he earns one would contributed strongly to the narrative just as "Sokka's Master" did in the third season of Avatar: The Last Airbender. That's the main example I can think of by which an episode in the first half of this season could have had some lasting influence.

Probably, but personally I liked having a break for some silliness. Ninjago has a lot of potential for silliness, and I prefer that they exploited that for several episodes before getting back into the serious stuff to the alternative, which would be to either keep things serious straight through the series or to alternate haphazardly between silly and serious episodes.Furthermore, I think Lord Garmadon's plans finally beginning to work in Episode 20 wouldn't have been nearly as powerful if we had not previously seen him fail and fail again until he reached the point of desperation.Now, I do think that there could have been some more character development and plot advancement in the first half of this season even if the episodes tended to be stand-alone episodes with a good deal of silliness. Something that continues to bother me is that Lloyd does not have any signature weapon, and I'm thinking an episode where he earns one would contributed strongly to the narrative just as "Sokka's Master" did in the third season of Avatar: The Last Airbender. That's the main example I can think of by which an episode in the first half of this season could have had some lasting influence.
I've noticed episodes like that in almost all of the TV shows, I think that's so they can make the seasons a decent length. though I would rather have the plot a little thinner than in small spurts. and speaking of avatar, why can't we get more humor like the stuff in there?, some of the stuff in ninjago makes me cringe. I know its a kids show, but come on.... and whatever happened to Nya?

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

The latest episode was fantastic. On par with Home and Tick Tock, which I think are the best of all episodes so far. Glad to see Ninjago is becoming epic again! :) Also, I love the Stone Army and the introduction of Misako. I ship Misako X Wu. :P-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

The latest episode was fantastic. On par with Home and Tick Tock, which I think are the best of all episodes so far. Glad to see Ninjago is becoming epic again! :) Also, I love the Stone Army and the introduction of Misako. I ship Misako X Wu. :P-Gata signoff.png
Garmadon-Misako-Wu is the series' first real love triangle. Not totally sure how I feel about that, since the Ninjago fandom has enough crazy shippers already without the series introducing romantic conflict. I half-jokingly consider Misako to be somewhat of a Mary-Sue, considering she came out of nowhere, has powers which were previously considered fairly rare (my jaw dropped when she used Spinjitzu), and has caused some of the most powerful and awesome characters to fall for her. I still love her, though.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Misako's spinjistu actually makes something I've been wondering about make sense. I always figured Wu and Garmadon were so old because they were magic, but then I wondered about Lloyd and his mother. If she knows spinjitsu, then it could be that it lengthens your life span. I mean, Garmadon and Wu were kids when the GD was just a juvenile. Heck, Lloyd can be like a Tolkien elf and be like 50 years old but look like a kid.On another note, does anyone else kind of sympathize with the Serpentine? I almost think that they could live peacefully if they didn't have vengeance/power-obsessed leaders. I hope they're not just imprisoned again.It seems like the power of villains has been escalating. The Serpentine defeated the Skeleton Army, and now have been beaten by the Stone Army.I think an individual member of the SA is a Stone Warrior, and they are the Stone Army collectively. They seem to have ranks/tiers like all the other villain groups ( regular, armored, bat-helmet, four arms).

The Bionicle Channel

On another note, does anyone else kind of sympathize with the Serpentine? I almost think that they could live peacefully if they didn't have vengeance/power-obsessed leaders. I hope they're not just imprisoned again.
Ditto. Especially since most snakes were never really interested in conquering Ninjago and just followed for the sake of it. :/-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

On another note, does anyone else kind of sympathize with the Serpentine? I almost think that they could live peacefully if they didn't have vengeance/power-obsessed leaders. I hope they're not just imprisoned again.
Ditto. Especially since most snakes were never really interested in conquering Ninjago and just followed for the sake of it. :/-Gata signoff.png
I wouldn't say that they followed for the sake of it; more like that they didn't know any better. They had been following these guys for years without the weird goals they set once free, so it was probably just another idea to them.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

How do you guys feel about

Zane's dad being back? I thought it lessened the value of Tick Tock.For some reason, this episode made me think of Daedalus. Old inventor, imprisoned by bad guy, and then escapes with his son (who falls into the ocean) by flight.

Darreth's back again, at least.

The Bionicle Channel

How do you guys feel about

Zane's dad being back? I thought it lessened the value of Tick Tock.For some reason, this episode made me think of Daedalus. Old inventor, imprisoned by bad guy, and then escapes with his son (who falls into the ocean) by flight.

Darreth's back again, at least.

Part of me felt like it lessened the sentimental value of "Tick Tock", but mostly I'm of the opinion that that was still a fantastic episode no matter what happens, and this episode alone is the one that suffered for it. I feel this episode was best before the ninja went to sea (after all, who doesn't love a good farewell scene?), but afterwards it suffered from too much exposition and not enough narrative. Part of that might simply because after the farewell scene there wasn't enough time to convincingly tell the story of Zane's father's rescue.There are bright points to his return, however. For one, it causes musical callbacks to the awesome score from "Tick Tock". Also, whether or not you think his return from death was cheap, he's proven to be a great character already. I expect he's going to start creating new vehicles for the ninja to replace the ones from the weapons; after all, there's gotta be something to put in next year's sets.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You seem to be forgetting that the Serpentine tried to conquer Ninjago before they were imprisoned in tombs, and that (according to Graphic Novel #4) back then they served the Great Devourer. The danger it presented to them once it was re=awakened could easily have to do not with the fact that it's always been indescriminate in its hunger, but rather that it had not eaten anything in a very long time and so was hungry for anything and everything it could consume.Also, the Devourer was apparently responsible for bringing forth the Serpentine in the first place, and so they might in their own ways be touched by the same darkness as it is. I see no reason to think that they simply follow their generals out of lack of a better path to follow-- rather, they seem naturally inclined towards conquest, and the only reason it's not as apparent with the lower-ranking Serpentine as with the generals is that the lower-ranking Serpentine get almost no character development, and their few speaking roles tend to serve as comic relief.Does this mean that they deserved to be imprisoned once again, this time perhaps for good? Probably not, but certainly they were following Skales without hesitation, and for that matter with an enthusiasm they hadn't shown since Pythor was eaten by the Devourer. It seems to me that they had been longing for a leader who would lead them to the conquest of Ninjago which they were created to bring about. Even if their punishment was perhaps undeserved, it's hard to feel sympathy for a conquering army that marched headlong into their own doom, all in the name of vengeance rather than for any actual gain.As for the latest episode, I mostly feel the same as Lyi does: it was enjoyable, but it doesn't come close to matching Zane's previous spotlight episodes in "Home" and "Tick Tock", partly because it seemed extremely focused on exposition. Even the attack of the Starteeth, which are a wonderful new creature for the Ninjago bestiary, primarily served to set up a plot device which Zane could then use in the climax. The opening scene really did help save this episode, because it actually helped make the return of Zane's father fit into Zane's development as a character, and the bonding between the two was really sweet. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

no comments on the fact that cole was whistling a theme that he shouldn't have ever heard?somehow I seriously doubt that that creature would've actually left them alone, Leviathans are generally nasty beasts.I agree with most of the comments about the episode though, it seems a bit forced.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

no comments on the fact that cole was whistling a theme that he shouldn't have ever heard?somehow I seriously doubt that that creature would've actually left them alone, Leviathans are generally nasty beasts.I agree with most of the comments about the episode though, it seems a bit forced.
I don't think Ninjago's leviathan is the same creature as the one of myth.And fourth wall busting is fun, why shouldn't Cole whistle that tune?
How well will you die?

I don't think Ninjago's leviathan is the same creature as the one of myth.And fourth wall busting is fun, why shouldn't Cole whistle that tune?
"What I mean was, it seemed nasty before, and, being given that name.... kinda brings on some assumptions for someone who's into mythology.because logic! that's why!

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

"What I mean was, it seemed nasty before, and, being given that name.... kinda brings on some assumptions for someone who's into mythology.because logic! that's why!
Perhaps it was a "The Lion and the Mouse" situation.And logic is overrated. Even so, his father probably knew the song.
How well will you die?

What I would really want to know is how Samukai could catch that thing in the first place. I doubt the Skeletons need to breathe; maybe they captured it while sleeping at the bottom of the ocean?I don't think it was "nasty" so much as having an attitude of "if I'm stuck here, no one else can leave!"Darreth already hummed the Ninjago theme, and Cole was there. Darreth can break the fourth wall, since he's the Ninja of Air. :P

The Bionicle Channel

Perhaps it was a "The Lion and the Mouse" situation.And logic is overrated. Even so, his father probably knew the song.
You dare say logic is overrated?! blasphemy! I suppose that's possible, it just seems a bit unrealistic.and if they're humming it, who wrote it?

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

It's not like they were humming "Weekend Whip" or something. Heck, the song could be canonized as some traditional ninja song or something.

The Bionicle Channel

I loled at Cole breaking the fourth wall. It really is catchy. :PAnother fantastic episode. Granted, not as good as the one before, but still one of the best. Ninjago seems to be going towards an epic direction again. :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

You know, the biology of the creatures in this episode does raise some interesting questions...First, the Leviathan's eyes are on the tips of its tentacles. We saw the main body, and it clearly lacked eyes. So, when we saw the Leviathan swimming off at the end, if it swam like that, it wouldn't be able to see where it was going. I don't see how it could swim at all and be able to see where it was going.Second, the star-teeth. They seem to float freely until they find something edible to latch on to. However, this oppurtunistic lifestyle seems... inconvenient. How would they swim? After all, we saw a few floating barely a foot away from the chain, but they couldn't swim over and eat it until Zane stuck them directly onto the chain. Except for the large circular jaw, they seem physically similar to our world's starfish. However, an adult starfish is not particularly adept at swimming. Starfish mainly crawl on the ocean floor. Their whole design is not suited for swimming.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

You know, the biology of the creatures in this episode does raise some interesting questions...First, the Leviathan's eyes are on the tips of its tentacles. We saw the main body, and it clearly lacked eyes. So, when we saw the Leviathan swimming off at the end, if it swam like that, it wouldn't be able to see where it was going. I don't see how it could swim at all and be able to see where it was going.Second, the star-teeth. They seem to float freely until they find something edible to latch on to. However, this oppurtunistic lifestyle seems... inconvenient. How would they swim? After all, we saw a few floating barely a foot away from the chain, but they couldn't swim over and eat it until Zane stuck them directly onto the chain. Except for the large circular jaw, they seem physically similar to our world's starfish. However, an adult starfish is not particularly adept at swimming. Starfish mainly crawl on the ocean floor. Their whole design is not suited for swimming.
Well, the Leviathan had been chained up in the same place for quite some time. Maybe it had explored the area enough to not worry about crashing into anything, and didn't care about what direction it went in since it was so happy about being freed. In addition, it could have been using some other sense, like Kalmah's tentacle-sensing-back-of-his-head-thing.With the starteeth, they might act like normal starfish normally, but the movement of such a large mass as the Leviathan created currents which pulled them loose from the sea floor, and left them floating for a little while. They do seem capable of propulsion though, since they launched themselves onto the Bounty.

The Bionicle Channel