Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

You know, the biology of the creatures in this episode does raise some interesting questions...First, the Leviathan's eyes are on the tips of its tentacles. We saw the main body, and it clearly lacked eyes. So, when we saw the Leviathan swimming off at the end, if it swam like that, it wouldn't be able to see where it was going. I don't see how it could swim at all and be able to see where it was going.Second, the star-teeth. They seem to float freely until they find something edible to latch on to. However, this oppurtunistic lifestyle seems... inconvenient. How would they swim? After all, we saw a few floating barely a foot away from the chain, but they couldn't swim over and eat it until Zane stuck them directly onto the chain. Except for the large circular jaw, they seem physically similar to our world's starfish. However, an adult starfish is not particularly adept at swimming. Starfish mainly crawl on the ocean floor. Their whole design is not suited for swimming.
Well, the Leviathan had been chained up in the same place for quite some time. Maybe it had explored the area enough to not worry about crashing into anything, and didn't care about what direction it went in since it was so happy about being freed. In addition, it could have been using some other sense, like Kalmah's tentacle-sensing-back-of-his-head-thing.With the starteeth, they might act like normal starfish normally, but the movement of such a large mass as the Leviathan created currents which pulled them loose from the sea floor, and left them floating for a little while. They do seem capable of propulsion though, since they launched themselves onto the Bounty.
I think that may have been the waves tossing them... Given the motion they seemed capable of, I highly doubt they have enough propulsion to launch themselves teeth-first out of the water.

aouROFb.png

You know, the biology of the creatures in this episode does raise some interesting questions...First, the Leviathan's eyes are on the tips of its tentacles. We saw the main body, and it clearly lacked eyes. So, when we saw the Leviathan swimming off at the end, if it swam like that, it wouldn't be able to see where it was going. I don't see how it could swim at all and be able to see where it was going.Second, the star-teeth. They seem to float freely until they find something edible to latch on to. However, this oppurtunistic lifestyle seems... inconvenient. How would they swim? After all, we saw a few floating barely a foot away from the chain, but they couldn't swim over and eat it until Zane stuck them directly onto the chain. Except for the large circular jaw, they seem physically similar to our world's starfish. However, an adult starfish is not particularly adept at swimming. Starfish mainly crawl on the ocean floor. Their whole design is not suited for swimming.
Well, the Leviathan had been chained up in the same place for quite some time. Maybe it had explored the area enough to not worry about crashing into anything, and didn't care about what direction it went in since it was so happy about being freed. In addition, it could have been using some other sense, like Kalmah's tentacle-sensing-back-of-his-head-thing.With the starteeth, they might act like normal starfish normally, but the movement of such a large mass as the Leviathan created currents which pulled them loose from the sea floor, and left them floating for a little while. They do seem capable of propulsion though, since they launched themselves onto the Bounty.
I think that may have been the waves tossing them... Given the motion they seemed capable of, I highly doubt they have enough propulsion to launch themselves teeth-first out of the water.
Maybe the Overlord designed some kind of current or tidal anomaly in the area to fling them out as a defensive system?

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Or maybe they normally sleep during the day unless an intruder like Zane wakes them up. There are lots of possibilities.
That doesn't explain the problem of how they could survive with their limited range of motion in a lifestyle like theirs.
I'm assuming they are a sort of bottom feeder. it was apparent that the could, literally, eat anything. though the flinging around and floating was a bit strange.... dunno really. bad storm? and why didn't they eat the leviathan?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Or maybe they normally sleep during the day unless an intruder like Zane wakes them up. There are lots of possibilities.
That doesn't explain the problem of how they could survive with their limited range of motion in a lifestyle like theirs.
What I was trying to say is, how do we know their motion is always that limited? Could be that they're more mobile at night, like when they attacked the Bounty, than during the day, like when the Bounty was being attacked by the Leviathan.By the way, I don't get why anyone would be confused about the leviathan not resembling a mythical Leviathan, since in modern parlance the word "leviathan" is often just used as a synonym for "massive sea monster".

I loled at Cole breaking the fourth wall. It really is catchy. :PAnother fantastic episode. Granted, not as good as the one before, but still one of the best. Ninjago seems to be going towards an epic direction again. :)-Gata signoff.png
Yeah, I loved Cole's whistling, too. Particularly because I've personally caught myself whistling that tune on multiple occasions.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

coughspoilerscough.anyway, I need to find some of the Jay Vincent music keyed in Bb especially remembering father. I don't care if it wasn't meant for trumpet.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I missed the new episode because I completely forgot it was Wednesday even though I was watching the new Modern Family episode. When do the episodes rerun again on Cartoon Network? The whole new time thing has thrown me off.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I missed the new episode because I completely forgot it was Wednesday even though I was watching the new Modern Family episode. When do the episodes rerun again on Cartoon Network? The whole new time thing has thrown me off.
It'll be replaying tomorrow morning at 8:30 (you'll be in school, but I know you should be able to record it if you read this post in time). That's the only time it'll replay within the next week, but keep an eye on the Cartoon Network site, which will announce pretty much all episode air times a week in advance.Alternatively, you can probably find the episodes online. I know that someone posted links on another forum I use frequently.

coughspoilerscough.anyway, I need to find some of the Jay Vincent music keyed in Bb especially remembering father. I don't care if it wasn't meant for trumpet.
Sorry for skipping over this post and not including it in my last one. I was scrolling past as quick as possible to avoid spoilers. Spoiler tags please guys, because I missed the episode. I can contact Jay Vincent for you, if you want. Speaking of that, Kramer plans to get me his tracks in the next week. Very nice guy to talk to I might add. :)
It'll be replaying tomorrow morning at 8:30 (you'll be in school, but I know you should be able to record it if you read this post in time). That's the only time it'll replay within the next week, but keep an eye on the Cartoon Network site, which will announce pretty much all episode air times a week in advance.Alternatively, you can probably find the episodes online. I know that someone posted links on another forum I use frequently.
Thanks bro. Can you send me the link (text, email, or social network)? Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Sorry for skipping over this post and not including it in my last one. I was scrolling past as quick as possible to avoid spoilers. Spoiler tags please guys, because I missed the episode. I can contact Jay Vincent for you, if you want. Speaking of that, Kramer plans to get me his tracks in the next week. Very nice guy to talk to I might add. :)
that would be awesome. I would very much appreciate that :Dwill those tracks be available for download?

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

that would be awesome. I would very much appreciate that :biggrin:will those tracks be available for download?
Yes, I plan to host them on The Ninjago Wiki. And I'll contact Jay as soon as I can, which may be a month or so...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

that would be awesome. I would very much appreciate that :biggrin:will those tracks be available for download?
Yes, I plan to host them on The Ninjago Wiki. And I'll contact Jay as soon as I can, which may be a month or so...
Tsk, Tsk, I'd be happy doing it myself, but you probably have a better chance than some random guy who he's never spoken to.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Tsk, Tsk, I'd be happy doing it myself, but you probably have a better chance than some random guy who he's never spoken to.
I don't know. If you PM me I could get you his contact info. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I loled at Cole breaking the fourth wall. It really is catchy. :PAnother fantastic episode. Granted, not as good as the one before, but still one of the best. Ninjago seems to be going towards an epic direction again. :)-Gata signoff.png
I find the song that played in the Darkley's elevator more catchy. :P

DevBannerwithInterests.png

It seems Ninjago is shaping up to the epic ending it deserves. Fantastic episode. Overall not as good as some like Tick Tock, but it had one of the best scenes of all episodes. :)-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It seems Ninjago is shaping up to the epic ending it deserves. Fantastic episode. Overall not as good as some like Tick Tock, but it had one of the best scenes of all episodes. :)-Gata signoff.png
wait.... is it ending?

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

wait.... is it ending?
Yes. This current season is the last one. In the first half of next year the complete season and then the complete series will be released as DVD and Blu-Ray box sets. I've heard from Kevin Hinkle that there will be one more wave of Ninjago sets in 2013, but after that the set line will be ending as well.Overall, I have no problem with this. I've enjoyed Ninjago since it started, but I'm sure there will still be plenty of great new ideas that the designers and writers will be able to explore in other themes. And anyway, I'm glad the story seems to be moving towards a true conclusion rather than a cliffhanger ending like that of Exo-Force or a hasty, low-budget finale like that of BIONICLE.

wait.... is it ending?
Yes. This current season is the last one. In the first half of next year the complete season and then the complete series will be released as DVD and Blu-Ray box sets. I've heard from Kevin Hinkle that there will be one more wave of Ninjago sets in 2013, but after that the set line will be ending as well.Overall, I have no problem with this. I've enjoyed Ninjago since it started, but I'm sure there will still be plenty of great new ideas that the designers and writers will be able to explore in other themes. And anyway, I'm glad the story seems to be moving towards a true conclusion rather than a cliffhanger ending like that of Exo-Force or a hasty, low-budget finale like that of BIONICLE.
that surprises me, I thought it was doing well.... and that means fewer epic tunes from Vincent and Kramer

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

wait.... is it ending?
that surprises me, I thought it was doing well.... and that means fewer epic tunes from Vincent and Kramer
It's doing extremely well. People simply need to stop believing that because BIONICLE was prolonged for so long, LEGO is going to do that for all successful themes. LEGO wants to end Ninjago while it's still running well to leave it with a perfectly executed and planned out run to avoid having to end it hastily like BIONICLE was.I love the new kimonos so much. They look best on Jay and Zane. :rolleyes:-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

wait.... is it ending?
It's doing extremely well. People simply need to stop believing that because BIONICLE was prolonged for so long, LEGO is going to do that for all successful themes. LEGO wants to end Ninjago while it's still running well to leave it with a perfectly executed and planned out run to avoid having to end it hastily like BIONICLE was.I love the new kimonos so much. They look best on Jay and Zane. :rolleyes:-Gata signoff.png
I think TLG has another incentive for ending the theme on a strong note as well: by ending Ninjago while sales and viewership are both high, they will be able to point to it in the future as an unquestionable success story when pitching new TV series, book series, etc. to the executives of other companies. If they kept it going until it was no longer successful, then the theme would be remembered for its failures as well as its triumphs.It should also be noted that at the time the show was being produced, TLG was only under contract for 26 episodes. Since they didn't know at that time whether the show would be successful enough for the networks to be willing to sign on for future seasons, they might have deliberately set the conclusion of the series after the 26th episode-- "playing it safe", as it were, rather than risking a situation where the series has to cancelled abruptly without time for a fitting conclusion to be planned.Right now, a new series based on a 2013 theme is in development (probably Legends of Chima), since it seems to fit best with the hints that LEGO employees have dropped at various fan conventions about Ninjago's replacement). It seems to me that it could have potential since I have no doubt many of the same creative minds are behind it, but if it turns out not to be as successful as Ninjago was, at least it won't reflect badly on what came before it, whereas extending Ninjago would run a much greater risk. Not to mention that the longer Ninjago is around, the more time is available for competitors in the toy and media industries to play "follow the leader" and potentially cut into Ninjago's profits and viewership. Change doesn't have to be a bad thing by any means-- rather, it opens the doorway to fresh ideas that might not have worked as well if TLG didn't have the experience of past themes going in. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

wait.... is it ending?
I think TLG has another incentive for ending the theme on a strong note as well: by ending Ninjago while sales and viewership are both high, they will be able to point to it in the future as an unquestionable success story when pitching new TV series, book series, etc. to the executives of other companies. If they kept it going until it was no longer successful, then the theme would be remembered for its failures as well as its triumphs.It should also be noted that at the time the show was being produced, TLG was only under contract for 26 episodes. Since they didn't know at that time whether the show would be successful enough for the networks to be willing to sign on for future seasons, they might have deliberately set the conclusion of the series after the 26th episode-- "playing it safe", as it were, rather than risking a situation where the series has to cancelled abruptly without time for a fitting conclusion to be planned.Right now, a new series based on a 2013 theme is in development (probably Legends of Chima), since it seems to fit best with the hints that LEGO employees have dropped at various fan conventions about Ninjago's replacement). It seems to me that it could have potential since I have no doubt many of the same creative minds are behind it, but if it turns out not to be as successful as Ninjago was, at least it won't reflect badly on what came before it, whereas extending Ninjago would run a much greater risk. Not to mention that the longer Ninjago is around, the more time is available for competitors in the toy and media industries to play "follow the leader" and potentially cut into Ninjago's profits and viewership. Change doesn't have to be a bad thing by any means-- rather, it opens the doorway to fresh ideas that might not have worked as well if TLG didn't have the experience of past themes going in.
yeah, and at this point, I doubt it has the cult-like following like Bionicle did. the thing that disappoints me is that the spinners will probably end with ninjago. and I kind of like those. at least my Target actually has them now.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

wait.... is it ending?
I think TLG has another incentive for ending the theme on a strong note as well: by ending Ninjago while sales and viewership are both high, they will be able to point to it in the future as an unquestionable success story when pitching new TV series, book series, etc. to the executives of other companies. If they kept it going until it was no longer successful, then the theme would be remembered for its failures as well as its triumphs.It should also be noted that at the time the show was being produced, TLG was only under contract for 26 episodes. Since they didn't know at that time whether the show would be successful enough for the networks to be willing to sign on for future seasons, they might have deliberately set the conclusion of the series after the 26th episode-- "playing it safe", as it were, rather than risking a situation where the series has to cancelled abruptly without time for a fitting conclusion to be planned.Right now, a new series based on a 2013 theme is in development (probably Legends of Chima), since it seems to fit best with the hints that LEGO employees have dropped at various fan conventions about Ninjago's replacement). It seems to me that it could have potential since I have no doubt many of the same creative minds are behind it, but if it turns out not to be as successful as Ninjago was, at least it won't reflect badly on what came before it, whereas extending Ninjago would run a much greater risk. Not to mention that the longer Ninjago is around, the more time is available for competitors in the toy and media industries to play "follow the leader" and potentially cut into Ninjago's profits and viewership. Change doesn't have to be a bad thing by any means-- rather, it opens the doorway to fresh ideas that might not have worked as well if TLG didn't have the experience of past themes going in.
yeah, and at this point, I doubt it has the cult-like following like Bionicle did. the thing that disappoints me is that the spinners will probably end with ninjago. and I kind of like those. at least my Target actually has them now.
Ninjago, from what I've seen, has quite a similar "cult-like" following that Bionicle did, but just at a different younger audience. Several of the youngest members I have on my wiki and on competitor wikis that I've seen constantly make their own fanon, and has a gigantic fan-base at those ages.I believe the TV show might be what helped that audience start this kind of interest for the theme at the age, because not only is it tremendously unique show compared to those on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon at this time, but it's actually about a new, current toy, and the show actually resembles the toy. That's the thing why I guess I never got into TMNT, Power Rangers and stuff like that, because there wasn't any play value with the toys that went along with the TV show.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

This last episode had just way, way too much plot.It wasn't bad, the last half of the episode was fantastic, but it felt a little rushed. All of next year's story will be covered in the last what, four episodes? Which leaves the past 9 episodes as essentially filler, excluding like, 3 relevant plot points?Also not happy with how they totally didn't explain why Lloyd's mom is oooooold.But still, great episode.

AXKP5KC.png

This last episode had just way, way too much plot.It wasn't bad, the last half of the episode was fantastic, but it felt a little rushed. All of next year's story will be covered in the last what, four episodes? Which leaves the past 9 episodes as essentially filler, excluding like, 3 relevant plot points?Also not happy with how they totally didn't explain why Lloyd's mom is oooooold.But still, great episode.
Well, since we're only expecting one wave of sets next year, I think the way they scheduled this season makes sense. All the 2012 story basically took up one 13-episode season, and that had to promote a full year of sets. Marking the starting point of "2013 story" as the episode "The Stone Army" means that there are seven episodes of 2013 story, so about half as much time as was spent for the full year of 2012 sets. Seems about right to me.Sure, there were not really any new Ninja costumes or not-yet-seen vehicles in "The Stone Army" and "The Last Voyage", but the same could be said of "Rise of the Snakes" and "Home", which didn't feature any 2012 products besides Lloyd, the Hypnobrai, and the Destiny's Bounty at the very end.I definitely don't mind the amount of "filler" there's been this season, though that may be in part because I never really expected the Ninjago TV series to be nearly as continuity-driven as it turned out in the end. I originally anticipated wacky plotlines more along the lines of those in cartoons like Xiaolin Showdown, Teen Titans, and Jackie Chan Adventures. So those "filler" episodes felt like a nice breather to me, letting the show explore a bit more of that sillier territory (the time travel episode, the good-guys-and-bad-guys-enter-a-competition episode, the good-guys-spend-a-day-in-different-bodies episode, and even the mix-things-up=with-wacky-new-villains episode) before the action picked up again.And yeah, the Ninjago timeline is very confusing when you think about it. The most baffling thing in this most recent episode is that we learn she had Lloyd before Lord Garmadon turned evil and was banished to the Underworld... which makes no sense at all, since Sensei Wu still looked young then. Unless somehow time passes more slowly at Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys. :P Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I don't mind the filler at all. I loved most of this season. Heck, Darreth is my favorite character in the entire series, and excluding the episode before last it was all pretty great.But I still would have liked a bit more of a split between this year's story and next. As it is, the ninja are only going to be in the dark island for a very short while--we didn't even see them get there, I don't think?

And they got there, rescued the falcon, were found out by Garmadon, found the Temple of Light, got their powers back, charged up Lloyd or whatever, and all in one episode.

Which strikes me as pretty jarring, considering everything else in the season had been so laid-back.IMO, the enitre storyline with the Mega Weapon should have been completely cut out, because it was hecka stupid and amounted to nothing. Lloyd should have turned older sooner in the season, and they should have gotten on the island like three episodes earlier.I still enjoyed the episode a lot, but it was still too plot-packed. Much more than the entire season before it, really.

AXKP5KC.png

I had forgotten to mention this earlier:I loved the temple scene. that music mixed so well with what was happening. It just turned out really well IMO.and I love that piece anyway.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I had forgotten to mention this earlier:I loved the temple scene. that music mixed so well with what was happening. It just turned out really well IMO.and I love that piece anyway.
YES!!! The music especially matched up when

the light bounced off the crystals and gave the ninja their Kimono/PWR suits.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

I don't mind the filler at all. I loved most of this season. Heck, Darreth is my favorite character in the entire series, and excluding the episode before last it was all pretty great.But I still would have liked a bit more of a split between this year's story and next. As it is, the ninja are only going to be in the dark island for a very short while--we didn't even see them get there, I don't think?

And they got there, rescued the falcon, were found out by Garmadon, found the Temple of Light, got their powers back, charged up Lloyd or whatever, and all in one episode.

Which strikes me as pretty jarring, considering everything else in the season had been so laid-back.IMO, the enitre storyline with the Mega Weapon should have been completely cut out, because it was hecka stupid and amounted to nothing. Lloyd should have turned older sooner in the season, and they should have gotten on the island like three episodes earlier.I still enjoyed the episode a lot, but it was still too plot-packed. Much more than the entire season before it, really.

The Mega-Weapon story arc did feel a bit disappointing in that it didn't seem to have any significant impact on the rest of the season. However, as far as characterization and emotional continuity are concerned, I do think it was nice to see Lord Garmadon become more and more desperate before finally taking a great risk by allying himself with the Overlord. Also, I did like some of the individual stories from the Mega-Weapon arc, and I feel that those should have been maintained in some variety even if the context were re-written to have a more significant connection to the second half of the season.One way this could have perhaps been managed would have been to perhaps give Lloyd's training a stronger connection to the events of the episodes, rather than just something going on in the background (though ironically, "Pirates vs. Ninja" did just this, not to mention having the first real foreshadowing of the Dark Island, and it was perhaps my least favorite of the "filler" episodes).

Please don't call them PWR... that was simply a bogus name from bogus synopses of this season's episodes. The ninja's real new outfits were never called that and probably never will be.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The Mega-Weapon story arc did feel a bit disappointing in that it didn't seem to have any significant impact on the rest of the season. However, as far as characterization and emotional continuity are concerned, I do think it was nice to see Lord Garmadon become more and more desperate before finally taking a great risk by allying himself with the Overlord. Also, I did like some of the individual stories from the Mega-Weapon arc, and I feel that those should have been maintained in some variety even if the context were re-written to have a more significant connection to the second half of the season.One way this could have perhaps been managed would have been to perhaps give Lloyd's training a stronger connection to the events of the episodes, rather than just something going on in the background (though ironically, "Pirates vs. Ninja" did just this, not to mention having the first real foreshadowing of the Dark Island, and it was perhaps my least favorite of the "filler" episodes).
the only productive thing it did was destroy itself and give the ninja back the bounty.and I still find it a bit.... lacking in foresight.... to have the only way to destroy the weapon is to use it's pieces....

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I'm not happy about how much time and potential was wasted with all that Mega-Weapon story either. Although from what I'm seeing, the Stone Army episodes are making up for it.I've been wondering about Misako's and Lloyd's age as well. It would make sense if Lloyd was, like, forty years old. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't call them PWR... that was simply a bogus name from bogus synopses of this season's episodes. The ninja's real new outfits were never called that and probably never will be.
Yes, I know, but thats just for reference to anyone who doesn't know that.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

The Ninjago Wiki has uploaded a very nice trailer for the upcoming episode leading to the final battle between Lloyd and Garmadon to its video hosting site. Unfortunately, I can't link to it, but you can find the link to the channel on TNW's sidebar under the "Social" tab, and it'll be the most recent video titled "Ninjago Final Battle - The Last Hope Trailer". Hope you guys like it. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

No new episode this week? :(
There was a new episode. Its called episode 24 the last hope. You can find it by searching for it on the unameable video website. But its in poor but not unwatchable quality.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.