Moldable Red Rubber For Tren Krom

Fsnorglepuff

Hello all, I have begun an endeavor to create Tren Krom, full scale, poseable, with all the detail of which we know. However, I cannot seem to find a material out of which I could make his enormous gelatinous body. Any suggestions?Zubber is no longer being made, but hopefully someone, somewhere knows of some other sculptable material that comes in red and cures to a gelatinous consistency (very soft rubber). Essentially, I will make a wire frame. i will sculpt the main body mass out of clay, make one tentacle, and mold them both. Using wires to support it, this material will be placed in position and molded.Naturally before I begin anything more than the concept drawing I already have, I need to know I can get the material I need. So, please give me your ideas as to what products could serve this purpose. Thank you!a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

I would suggest some sort of non-dryable clay, preferrably one that can hold it's own weight.Edit: oh, gelatinous... hmm, I'm not exactly sure where to go with that. Sorry! Though I'm sure there's got to be some sort of material that would fit the need...

Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I work with stage make up and special effects make up a lot as a side job, so what I would say is use a type of molding putty (like nose putty or something) onto the wire frame and smooth it out with tools. Then you can use a combination of layering red, orange, and neon (reddish) liquid latex on the sculpture. It creates a very nice effect.Or, another step further, make the clay sculpture, and make a plaster/resin mold out of it. I have recipes for reddish ballistics gel (made very cheap) that you can put into the bold and wa-la! You have jiggly, yet firm, Trem Krom! Just add tentacles and eyes to the gelatinous body!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

@Tahu Nuva 3.0: that's a great way of doing it, because I've already found some that will do the trick. But how would I get the latex onto the parts, evenly?a_peace.png

I'd recommend his second idea, using the ballistics gel body. You can make the mold, put in your wire frame, and pour the gel in after the frame. You'll have it as one big, smooth, creepy looking Tren Krom.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Using either rubber brushes or a series of model paint brushes. I paint warhammer 40k figurines, so most of the brushes used for those I can use for special effects. I advise getting some of the latex, and just paint with it, learn how to layer it and see if it will give you the right results. Its not that expensive to try out.

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Perhaps make an edible Tren Krom out of strawberry Jelly (British Jelly by the way, Gelatin dessert, or Jell-O or whatever is what I mean)? :PFood products aside, the whole Gelatinous thing is quite an issue. You said you would be making a wire frame, will you be able to see that through it?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

@Tahu Nuva 3.0; oh, rubber brushes! Thank you, that would work out perfectly. Regular brushes always leave hairs (for me, at least) so this would fix that. I plan to do a small-scale tentacle with the real materials (I already made one from floral wire and Amazing Mold Putty) so I'll definitely get some practice from that. @Taipu1: the description of gelatinous didn't mean transparent, although people have that connotation. I meant more of a jelly consistency. He will have a solid red color. @The Wretched Automaton: oh yes, all the characters from federation of Fear are almost done (Takadox and Roodaka have already been posted). So since Greg told me he is definitely bigger than Brutaka (and considering my Brutaka is pretty big) his tentacles will be as long as my arms and his head about half the size of mine. The final product will be very, very creepy ... though realize that the Matoran could go mad, but human beings are another matter. Play Dough and clay are not rubbery once dried. But I plan to sculpt his head and one tentacle (sans the spikes which I'll put in later) and make a mold of each. The head I'll coat first with latex, once dried I'll put in a wire frame and fill with either the rubber clay or latex (probably a layer of rubber clay then latex). The tentacles have to be hand-shaped around the wire with the help of the molds, which will be filled in with the rubber clay one half at a time, pressed around the wire and rotated within the mold to avoid seams (placed in and out again at different angles). The tentacles will then be attached to the head/mass (which will look like a melted scull/octopus with bone structure around forward facing eyes) with soldered wire first (wire will be added to poke out of the bottom of the main segment and ends (beginnings) of tentacles) then sculpted clay rubber. I think I will give a couple coats of red latex to the tentacles before this step. Then I will coat everything in ed latex until the color i want is achieved.The spikes will be made of milliput, the perfect color and consistency. I just need to make an original, with a "root" to stick into the tentacles to glue and make a mold for identical ones. Maybe I'll make a few sizes. Any more ideas/improvements? Suggestions for products to use?a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Sounds great! Look forward to seeing how all of this works out! Feel free to contact me for anything about it.

Oh yes, all the characters from federation of Fear are almost done (Takadox and Roodaka have already been posted). So since Greg told me he is definitely bigger than Brutaka (and considering my Brutaka is pretty big) his tentacles will be as long as my arms and his head about half the size of mine.

Well, I wish you the best of luck in your brave quest and hope you succeed. Everyone here sure seems great at art. :P

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

• 3 weeks later...