Official Favorite/Least Favorite Book Topic

Time Trap was terrific, but I'm not sure whether it's my favorite or not. I also loved Legacy of Evil for elaborating on the history of the villains for that year rather than the Toa, and Raid on Vulcanus because there were no powers for the Glatorian. It was a good twist from what we had seen the first eight years. Basically, my favorites were any book that was not heavily restricted by the rest of the story for the year. Time Trap, Legacy of Evil, and Raid on Vulcanus were all like that.

How well will you die?

Time Trap is my favourite of the books. There are plenty of reasons why, and most of them have already been posted. Tied for second are Challenge of the Hordika and Legacy of Evil, the former because I loved the atmosphere of it, as well as when it was 'revealed' that the Toa Metru weren't destined to be Toa, as well as the battle between the Zivon and Tahtorak. I liked how Legacy of Evil showed what the rest of the universe was somewhat like, instead of seeing the world from the viewpoint of the Toa, as well as Zaktan finding out about the plan, or however much he knew of it.

Shadows in the Sky, Time Trap, and Dark Destiny, in that order. So many one-liners of awesome in Shadows in the Sky.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I liked Time Trap because it showed us what Greg could REALLY do when he wans't too constrained

Great point. The same rule applies to the Lego set designers, what could they do if they were unleashed? But I'm revisiting this topic because the book I put forward is so common; besides Time Trap, Darkness Below is also excellent. - 55555

Time Trap was good, but I like Island of Doom and Dark Destiny, the first two Legends books. For one thing, they focused heavily on the Matoran, who are always some of my favorite characters but tend to get pushed out of the light by the Toa. It also had the reappearance of the Toa Nuva after two dark years in Metru Nui without them... too bad they got defeated rather quickly in those books. :music:

My favorites would have to be Voyage Of Fear, Maze Of Shadows, and Time Trap. The first few books of "BIONICLE Legends" were pretty good too.

Same here. I'd have to throw in Legacy of Evil and Raid on Vulcanus. It's so hard to pick just one. But Time Trap was probably my favorite overall (big surprise). Vakama was freaking awesome in it.

bioniclebanner2_by_chromatic_ninja-db5v5

You may also know me as Zeta, Zen, Tay, or Slushie

Pretty much all the GF books. The earlier ones were good, but the writing style wasn't my type. I love me some Time Trap, Maze of Darkness, Adventures: Volume 1 (3 in 1 FTW), and pretty much all the 06 books. 05's books I didn't really get into (then again, the library's books was in poor condition XD), and the 08 books were also good. Never read Raid on Vulcanus or TLR.

Edited by SonicBOOM XS

Undergoing Renovations...

Oh man, its been so long since I read the books. What was the one with the Inika going down the cord and being mutated? That one was pretty good.

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

My favorite books would have to be Legacy of Fear, Downfall, and Journey's End (this one would have to be one of my favorite books ever, next to the Giver); but overall the Bionicle Legends series and the books after it will have to be my favorites.I still would like to read the Adventures, The Final Battle, and Raid on Vulcanus... missed out on those thanks to this blasted economy. <_<

Edited by RC-1505

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I have to say I have the fondest memories of Prisoners of the Pit. But my memory could be failing me; it's been a long time since I read the BIONICLE books. Time Trap was good, but not my favorite, partly because it was investigating characters like Vakama whom we'd already had time to get to know really well. While it was essential character development for him, it was more tying up loose ends in his story than exploring his character in a new way-- something I felt Prisoners of the Pit did better since character development had been so lacking in the 2006 story arc. Since you didn't specify a BIONICLE book, however, I'll take a dive and say Zane: Ninja of Ice is also somewhere up there with Prisoners of the Pit. The plot of the ten-chapter story "The Choice" is somewhat like Time Trap's plot (Zane gets caught up in a scheme by Lord Garmadon), except it tells more of a complete story rather than closing up plot threads from previous books. And it has all the hallmarks of Greg Farshtey's best writing for BIONICLE, wrapped up in a fun story about colorful ninjas. The short story "Getting the Joke", also included, is more of a lighthearted tale, but one that's extremely amusing and heartwarming. The introduction from the journal of Sensei Wu, along with both stories, gives Zane a lot of depth of character that he lacked in the Ninjago TV special. I can only hope the Ninjago TV series will reflect this level of fun and suspenseful storytelling!

Does it have to be strictly a novel? If not, then the Official Guide to Bionicle. If it does, then the Tales of the Masks. Awesome book, I got it from the library at least three times.

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! >

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

14780599_c638_625x625.jpg

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT!

:P

The Makuta's Guide to the Universe book was pretty cool, in my opinion. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Inferno is the last 2006 book, when the Inika and Piraka were racing down those 777 stairs and fought Vezon at the end. I liked that one, too, it was exciting, some of the traps seemed fairly Indiana Jones-ish. As for non-novels, Makuta's Guide to the Universe was awesome. It may not have had much new information, but it was just beautifully put together with probably my favorite cover art.

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png