Official Favorite/Least Favorite Book Topic

Island of Doom was so awesome and dark that it single-handedly got me back into BIONICLE. That's right, that one book got me to start buying the sets, following the story, returning to BZP, the whole nine yards. The Final Battle was also pretty good, although I'm a bit weird: I didn't particularly love Time Trap. It was a good book and well-written, but it seemed really random and felt too much like a "filler episode" since it didn't have a lot to do with the 2005 story. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

I have to go with Greg's favourite as well, Time Trap. Several reasons I think, I like it's sort of unrestrained nature to it, whereas the others have to mold to the current storyline. A lot of the best quotes, concepts and themes were in that book. Plus, on a sentimental note, I got it for Christmas that year without asking for it and certainly not expecting it, so that was a great surprise, since I had no expectations or anything. But I liked all the '08 ones a lot as well, probably only because I really liked the story that year too. I only have two others, Chronicles 1 and 2, and they're just not the same.signoff.pngEDIT: For a number of dumb formatting reasons.

Edited by Phyoohrii

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

I don't actually remember Time Trap all that well. It's been a long time since I read it, so I can't really vouch for it.I think I enjoyed the Legends series the most, the first three Voya-Nui books and the Mahri-Nui trilogy really stick out in my mind, out of that bunch. It's been so long since I read them all, mayhaps I should go back and at least flip through 'em again. :P Yeah, those one's and Raid on Vulcanus, another book I really liked. :P

exo-toa_battle.jpg

Time Trap,because it takes a lot for a Toa to co-operate with enemies.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

• 2 weeks later...

I like all the ones I've read, but I have a lot of specific favorites:1. BIONICLE Adventures # 3: The Darkness Below2. BIONICLE Adventures #5 : Voyage of Fear3. BIONICLE Adventures #6: Maze of Shadows4. BIONICLE Adventures #8: Challenge of the Hordika (Mostly because of the awesome Tahtorak and Krahka vs. Zivon battle at the end...)6. BIONICLE Adventures #10: Time Trap5. BIONICLE Legends #2: Dark Destiny6. BIONICLE Legends #4: Legacy of Evil7. BIONICLE Legends #6: City of the Lost8. BIONICLE Legends #8: Downfall9. BIONICLE Legends #11: The Final Battle10. BIONICLE: Raid on Vulcanus11. BIONICLE: Journey's EndOk, you know what, maybe I should have just listed all the ones I've read....

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Favourites:Tale of the Toa: At the time, we didn't really get to see much of the Toa's individual personalities and I thought this was just a fantastic book that made their characters more relatable. (and awesome) Also, I adore the hint of romance Hapka wrote into it.Tales of the Masks: I loved this for the same reason as Tales of the Toa. Side stories that really gave you a look into the Toa's personalities. I love seeing them being bros and such too.Time Trap: Ooh boy, everyone's favourite. Phyoohrii said it pretty well. Great storyline, lines, character development and the works. :DI don't have a least faovurite book, I think Hapka and Greg did a fantastic job on all of them. The only ones I skimmed through were the Inika/Mahri arcs because I'm not fond of those characters.

Topic upgraded to official status and now includes discussion of your least favorites.This applies to all LEGO books.Enoy!

I feel special now. :DBack on topic, I think my least favorite book is Trial By Fire?(second Adventure book) I just seemed like it was like blah and felt I got little new information from it. I blame the comics for that. lol

The-Crew-Xbox-360-Ps3-Playstation-3-Wall

I loved Time Trap, which is a sentiment shared by a lot of you guys. Why? Because it has Vakama in his full manipulative/somewhat-evil/darkish glory! And because he threatened to destroy the fabric of time. Not many people would threaten to do that.Other than that, I also loved the Web of Shadows novelisation. Possibly because it had Vakama in his full evil/darkish glory. And because Matau somehow became awesome.

Least Favorite: Raid on Vulcanus

That's one of m favorites...

I loved Time Trap, which is a sentiment shared by a lot of you guys. Why? Because it has Vakama in his full manipulative/somewhat-evil/darkish glory! And because he threatened to destroy the fabric of time. Not many people would threaten to do that.Other than that, I also loved the Web of Shadows novelisation. Possibly because it had Vakama in his full evil/darkish glory. And because Matau somehow became awesome.

The Webs of Shadows book was good, I liked the 2005 books in general, I'm odd that way.

Least Favorite: Raid on Vulcanus

That's one of m favorites...

The Webs of Shadows book was good, I liked the 2005 books in general, I'm odd that way.
The 2005 books were very good. I believe the second one (I forget what number that was) was one of my family's first graphic novels. It was kind of hard to follow out of the context of the rest of the series, but it was still plenty enjoyable.

Raid on Vulcanus is just so completely awesome for showing how compelling Bara Magna was at the start, and makes me wish we had gotten more novels in 2009. I'm also quite fond of Downfall, which featured probably the most significant character death in the entire storyline (yes, even more than Makuta's). And hey, might as well throw my hat in for Time Trap as well - the amazing climax is still one of the best proofs that Greg F. does know how to write, and it completely redeems Vakama's character after his executive-ordered betrayal.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I like the ones that go into more depth best, like Time Trap (which resulted in Vakama becoming my favorite BIONICLE character) and Raid on Vulcanus. The best book series was Adventures, cause the Toa Metru were just awesome.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu