Heres what I did for my comic:First make a basic personality and background of your character. This will help you immensely when writing comics. Then, figure out what you want your character to reveal at the beginning. For instance, my character just said that he knew Ptolemic from the past, nothing more, nothing less, which leads more possibilities to make my character's past be explained in future comics. Depending on what you wish to reveal in your comic is what you need to worry about. Also, I'm pretty sure the first comics from the authors are just introduction of character comics. So, I doubt you need to put any real plot into it.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

X, just think, never have I in my comic making career, have ever once had a plot, or story written down. I usually just wing it :P :lol:EDIT:Though, I have a general idea of how to introduce my character when I get around to making it. Unfortunatly, I need to go for Soran type effects, but Ive never been able to do that :P

Edited by Toa Krono

I'm sorry for raising the bar high. X_xSeems like you all are trying to get the same style I'm using. Heres a tip: Don't stick with one position. Theres a reason why RZMIK has a 360. Try to take advantage of that.Also, to be perfectly honest, I'm pretty much the same as Krono, I just wing it. All I do is I just get the begginning done, and then I just let my mind flow with all ideas of how to make it work. I've never actually used a script for my comics ever. Scripts take too long for me in my opinion, so I choose not to do them.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Pfft.I used to wing it.But then I had trouble coming up with good endings.Now I can't make good beginnings, but I can make good endings. And I got my characvter all figured out... It may take some time to do my comic. I'll try winging it im MSPaint before GIMPing the comic, which is what I usually end up doing...argh i need to find a pre-posed RZMIK kit >,<

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Nice job on the comic. Although a bit confusing I like where your going with it.Graphic wise the comics are pretty good as well, but its still a bit odd in some areas.Specifically:In the 5th panel, only half of the character's shadow appears. You should make the shadow of the character first before cropping out the parts of the body you don't need.In the 6th panel, the shadows need to to be angled a bit lower and not as long aswell. The way it is now, it should bend upward onto the wall.in the last panel, the shadow is facing the wrong way since the sunlight is coming from a certain angle, the shadow should be at the opposite angle.Try to keep the speech bubble 'tail' as straight as possible. Also It looks like you are making the bubble and the tail separately. Instead you should make the bubble part around the text and then go to free select, make sure 'add to current selection' is on, and then make the tail of it.Despite some graphic errors, I think it was a really good comic and a nice job at the style I use.~Soran

Thanks :DAnd yes, it will be slightly confusing for awhile, but it will make more sense later on...I hope ;)Shadows have been a pain for me, since I just use the perspective effect, so I can't get shadows at all the right angles. Sometimes I hold down when making the speech bubble tail, so that would explain that.So thanks again :DCan't wait to see what the others do to introduce themselves!~Ro

Well, I am still working on my comic...I finally finished the script (Woo!)So now I go to graphics.And great comic Ro, and at times I had a small trouble understanding what was going on, but I figured it out.so, new character and the PGS are now there.Well, I will have to incorperate Onorax into my comic... just in the background.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Dun dun dah dah dahI just graduated a couple days ago so I had time to finish my beginning page, which has been sitting around as a rough draft for the past couple weeks! That's right, I'm here to introduce my character in jarringly hand-drawn form!Intro comic: The Thief

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

@Kakaru: Wow, that comic was amazing. I like the style your using. I also like how straight to the point the comic was. Really helps with future comics. Congratulations on graduating by the way.~Soran

@Arga: Thanks for the heads up. It seems people are trying to match the graphic quality of my comics... I'm hoping I didn't set the bar too high. Take your time on the comic, just don't take forever.I will probably make a short comic to fill up the no-comic void currently.~Soran

I knew I forgot to put something on the first post...Just shoot me a PM with you (in RZ form) and a short bio with weapons included.

Where would I find the RZ kit?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

well, I think it time I posted my comic (Its actually been done for about 4/5 hours, but I just havent gotten around to posting :P ) So here it is:http://www.brickshel...iftcomic001.pngI left it general cause I havent been fully told the story behind the resistance.

I don't think I'd call that a comic per se, but it's definitely a good way to introduce your character.On that note, I'm looking forward to everyone getting their intros up so we can get this thing rolling. We've got a lot of potential onboard and I'm excited to start working with everyone to see our stories intertwine and create one large, majestic plot arc. 8)

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

well, I think it time I posted my comic (Its actually been done for about 4/5 hours, but I just havent gotten around to posting :P ) So here it is:http://www.brickshel...iftcomic001.pngI left it general cause I havent been fully told the story behind the resistance.

I don't think I'd call that a comic per se, but it's definitely a good way to introduce your character.On that note, I'm looking forward to everyone getting their intros up so we can get this thing rolling. We've got a lot of potential onboard and I'm excited to start working with everyone to see our stories intertwine and create one large, majestic plot arc. 8)
Agreed.And on a side note, I think I like the way I did my last comic. Meaning the narrorating thing and the picture. I like the mood it sets, so I think I'll use that as my style. That and I dont have to worry to much about graphics :P

Good to know there is a kit now. I can finally make the comics if needed.Speaking of which, have all the characters been introduced? If not do you want me to still continue with making the comic or not?~SoranComic Finished, will hopefully be added to front post soon. For now enjoy it here.Kidnapped

Edited by Soran

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Comic. I liked how your character is narrating the story in a way. I'm a bit confused on how he shot him... Did a burst of energy just shoot out from his hand or was there some kind of gun?Either way I liked the comic, good work!~Soran

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's been awhile, I know.Here it is though, the next installment!Familiar faceTors is a telepath, so he is trying to pick up my etheral signal to find me faster, but maybe I do not wish to be found yet.Anyway, the next comic is up for grabs by any of the authors, just as long as it A) continues with what is happening now or http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png uses different characters in a different situation (such as Soran, although he wishes that no one continues what he's doing).

Nice job on the comic, effects are nice and the story is good. Although I am confused. which base are they in? I'm really confused about it... Other then that, great comic and great explanation.~SoranEdit: I'll start working on my comic.

Edited by Soran

I made an animation of ptolmaios:ptolmec_1.gifHow's the progress on the next comic?

Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)