Monsterous Labyrinth

Sybre

Before I start, let me just say that this series was inspried by Leraku's Dents, Dings, and Disasters along with Tapika's Improv. This is a choose your own adventure series displayed here.

A series called

Monsterous Labyrinth

First:1. Character 'actions' must be adressed to the character's name. I.E <Name>: <action>2. Action commands MUST be sent in PM, to remove clutter to the topic. If this rule is disobeyed, the command will simply be ignored.3. Credit goes to my good friend Phinto for the sprites.4. More might come soon.Let's start now.ml1.pngAn elementless Matoran awakes in an empty room. He has only a Kanoka and Akaku. His Kanohi states his name is "Kreos". What does it mean? He scans the room. The words "Tiru no Kiba" are written in teal on the wall behind him. What is that? Some kinder-language? He scans for life and other elements. He finds both, alright. The elements come in the form of monsters and weapons. Simple, fight monsters, collect weapons. Not hard. He decides it's time to explore.What happens next?

mindeth the cobwebs

Well, that's interesting! This might help me get back going, and it's very nifty that my series inspired you! Good luck in times to come - and if you need a few touching-ups at some point, let me know. I'm willing to help now and then.-Lera

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

Well, that's interesting! This might help me get back going, and it's very nifty that my series inspired you! Good luck in times to come - and if you need a few touching-ups at some point, let me know. I'm willing to help now and then.-Lera

I have actually been inspired for quite some time now, but you gave me the final push. And. I appreciate your help. I might or might not need you eventually.

mindeth the cobwebs

Chibi. Of course.Expect tons of PM's.Do these 'monsters' want to hurt him?

GOOD GOING THANX! :Dwhats that mean give Credit?

I'm reopening the comic forum on this link below

phintodaily.gif 
the ask-along-phinto comic
chibimaker.gif
make your own chibitoran
gamedis.gif
game programmer wanted.
razorsprites.gif  
try my sprites if you like.

@Kodrak: I'm prepared for the PMs. All I can say aobut the monsters right now is that they're not friendly.@Phinto: To give credit is to tell everyone who was behind something.The adventure continues now.<Kreos>: Dance before you start the adventure.ml2.pngGet down on your hand and spin spin spin 'til it's time for din.ml3.pngGrab your marracas and shake 'em in the air like you just don't care!ml4.pngCHA! Boy, was that fun!<Kreos>: Grab the weapons without the monsters noticing you.ml5.pngHmmm... That's going to be hard since he is not wearing any form of Huna. He needs a plan to steer himself in the correct direction.Audience, what do you think Kreos should do?

Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

@Kodrak: I'm prepared for the PMs. All I can say aobut the monsters right now is that they're not friendly.@Phinto: To give credit is to tell everyone who was behind something.The adventure continues now.<leraku>: Dance before you start the adventure.http://www.brickshel...byrinth/ml2.pngGet down on your hand and spin spin spin 'til it's time for din.http://www.brickshel...byrinth/ml3.pngGrab your marracas and shake 'em in the air like you just don't care!http://www.brickshel...byrinth/ml4.pngCHA! Boy, was that fun!<kodrak>: Grab the weapons without the monsters noticing you.http://www.brickshel...byrinth/ml5.pngHmmm... That's going to be hard since he is not wearing any form of Huna. He needs a plan to steer himself in the correct direction.Audience, what do you think Kreos should do?

try those of mine i got some in a hina shop... :biggrin:</kodrak></leraku> Edited by Melorussophobia
Quoted images linked.

I'm reopening the comic forum on this link below

phintodaily.gif 
the ask-along-phinto comic
chibimaker.gif
make your own chibitoran
gamedis.gif
game programmer wanted.
razorsprites.gif  
try my sprites if you like.

@Kodrak: I'm prepared for the PMs. All I can say aobut the monsters right now is that they're not friendly.@Phinto: To give credit is to tell everyone who was behind something.The adventure continues now.<leraku>: Dance before you start the adventure.http://www.brickshel...byrinth/ml2.pngGet down on your hand and spin spin spin 'til it's time for din.http://www.brickshel...byrinth/ml3.pngGrab your marracas and shake 'em in the air like you just don't care!http://www.brickshel...byrinth/ml4.pngCHA! Boy, was that fun!<kodrak>: Grab the weapons without the monsters noticing you.http://www.brickshel...byrinth/ml5.pngHmmm... That's going to be hard since he is not wearing any form of Huna. He needs a plan to steer himself in the correct direction.Audience, what do you think Kreos should do?

try those of mine i got some in a hina shop... :biggrin:
I know you made a Huna, but where will Kreos get it?</kodrak></leraku> Edited by Melorussophobia
Quoted images linked.

mindeth the cobwebs

Uh phinto, look at the rules:

2. Action commands

MUST

be sent in PM, to remove clutter to the topic. If this rule is disobeyed, the command will simply be ignored.

Anyways, this looks interesting. I'll give you an action command soon.Edit: Quote is screwed up for some reason. Edited by Belonephobia

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Uh phinto, look at the rules:

2. Action commands

[/center]MUST[/center]

be sent in PM, to remove clutter to the topic. If this rule is disobeyed, the command will simply be ignored.

Anyways, this looks interesting. I'll give you an action command soon.
Well, maybe I'll make exceptions another time. And I'll be looking forward to your command.Edit: Wind says no exceptions, please, unless it is in the case of someone in the New Members group. This keeps things in line with this forum's rules!-Wind- Edited by Melorussophobia

mindeth the cobwebs

I really want to see what these monsters look like...

There's going to be pretty cool monsters, which appear now. Some will be cooler than these.<Kreos>:Look at the monsters and note their characteristics.ml6.pngThat means Kreos will have to leave the room. He's fine with this. But the second he steps into a hallway outside the room-ml7.png"YOU SHALL NOT PAAASS!!!" Two strange, red monsters stand in your way. Kreos follows the command by analyzing them.ml8.pngGeez, fatzo's more dangerous than we thought.ml9.pngGrim Reaper is something to worry about, too. This is gonna be a heated battle, alright!What will happen next? Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

Zakaro, this is Kreos. He'll power through. Time for proof.<Kreos>: Throw your marracas at the Tahnok and try to flee.ml10.pngToo easy! He didn't know those marracas were powerful and Bohrok were weak!Attack using your powerful feet.ml11.pngCRACK! With the Rahkshi's dying breath, he revealed the locations of the weapons. They are down six, elemental corridors guarded by elemental spirits. Kreos travels down the hall further.ml12.pngWhich one first? (Earth is offscreen)It's your time to answer Kreos's question!

mindeth the cobwebs

Excuse me for double posting, but a new command came in!<Kreos>: Go through the water entrance.ml13.pngWith a flash of light, Kreos finds himself in a new environment. Incredible! The walls and floor just turned blue and got damp. Kreos can hear water under the floor, so he has to be careful. He travels further down the corridorand is surprised by what he finds.ml14.pngBlast. Another Bohrok. But this one's different from the last. As Kreos draws his Kanoka, he asks himself:What will happen next?

mindeth the cobwebs

Apologies for triple-posting, but yet another command is in!<Kreos>: Tentatively nibble on the Kanoka.ml15.pngWhat the fuzzy, cheese-balled, alphabetized, moldy watermelon cookies?! What a strange way to start a confrontation! Kreos appears to be nibbling on the Kanoka, drool running down the weirdly-named disk! Well, this is no documentary. This pickle needs to be eaten immediately!What's next?

mindeth the cobwebs

Bahaha I have no idea how one can alphabetize moldy watermelon cookies. Yet, I now have a strange urge to extemporize a recipe for such cookies - ones that aren't moldy, of course. I'll let you know how they turn out.I'll bet the Gahlok is so jealous. That Kanoka looks delicious.(And you can double-, triple-, or n-tuple-post, as long as each time you are adding a new comic or a significant preview!)

Bahaha I have no idea how one can alphabetize moldy watermelon cookies. Yet, I now have a strange urge to extemporize a recipe for such cookies - ones that aren't moldy, of course. I'll let you know how they turn out.I'll bet the Gahlok is so jealous. That Kanoka looks delicious.(And you can double-, triple-, or n-tuple-post, as long as each time you are adding a new comic or a significant preview!)

Watemelon cookies will be mentioned later in SybreNetX. And you're seriously going to make those? Send me pictures if you do.That Gahlok can sure hide feelings!Okay. Great!

mindeth the cobwebs

Ooh. I see...Watermelon cookies....Clever... I see what you did there.You win this round, good sir.

I always win, my friend.And I might have trouble making the elemental spirits. Don't worry, I don't need help.

mindeth the cobwebs

New command, pplz!<Kreos>:Hit Gahlok with disk.ml16.pngThe hungry Gahlok tries to steal the Kanoka, but Kreos is very reluctant. He prepares to throw the disk.Image linked due to large file size (You could open this is a new window and look at this and read the text below it.)WABAMMOGOGOPLEXIODARK709ISREALPEEPOHIEIWHEN'SDINNERGEEZI'MRUNNINGOUTOFSTUFFTOSAYHERESOI'LLJUSTSTOP! Wow, that's a cool death! More life is detected further. Shall we continue?What's next?

mindeth the cobwebs

Uh... Well, things are definitely going... somewhere...That was sort of an odd effect. It didn't look much like a 'death' or a 'hit' to me, it just looks like some sort of cloud of gassy stuff just blew in from the side. Or spray can scribbles, however that works. It just looks... odd. I don't suggest filling the entire image with the effect, like you did there.

Sisen said:

Uh... Well, things are definitely going... somewhere...That was sort of an odd effect. It didn't look much like a 'death' or a 'hit' to me, it just looks like some sort of cloud of gassy stuff just blew in from the side. Or spray can scribbles, however that works. It just looks... odd. I don't suggest filling the entire image with the effect, like you did there.

Sorry. I guess it was something coming out of the Gahlok that filled the room...Still, it was good, wasn't it?

mindeth the cobwebs

Sorry. I guess it was something coming out of the Gahlok that filled the room...Still, it was good, wasn't it?

Not exactly... I've never seen or heard of something from a rahi/creature [Aside from the Smoke rahi, deep in the metru-nui Archives] that gassed up and filled an entire room - Especially not from a bohrok. Blue bohrok especially don't seem like they'd be shooting out red gas that could be described as 'blood' - Which, creatures or not, these things are bio-mechanical. I'd think it'd be more sparking and such, maybe a bit of smoke, not sure though. I mean, have you actually seen any blood in the movies, or oil for that matter? Or heard of it in the books? Just trying to set a good point.

Sisen said:

Not exactly... I've never seen or heard of something from a rahi/creature [Aside from the Smoke rahi, deep in the metru-nui Archives] that gassed up and filled an entire room - Especially not from a bohrok. Blue bohrok especially don't seem like they'd be shooting out red gas that could be described as 'blood' - Which, creatures or not, these things are bio-mechanical. I'd think it'd be more sparking and such, maybe a bit of smoke, not sure though. I mean, have you actually seen any blood in the movies, or oil for that matter? Or heard of it in the books? Just trying to set a good point.
.....It was meant to be an explosion.

mindeth the cobwebs

*le ubersnip*.....It was meant to be an explosion.

Okay then. How was i to know? It was hard to tell.
He has a point there. Take criticism as they come, alright?
Sorry, guys.A new command came in, and I will have to introduce the water sprit! I still have to make it.

mindeth the cobwebs

This legal double-post is a mark in ML history! Kreos finds his first elemental weapon and encounters the first spirit! Enjoy!<Kreos>: Continue down the corridor and remember everything.ml18.pngSheesh, that explosion shook something up. Luckily, it's still in place. Kreos decides he can continue. He sees the weapon and- SPIRITUAL SPIRIT BOOM! The guardian spirit has finally appeared. Wow, its power is incredible. So incredible that... that...ml19.pngThat Kreos's memory was restored. The spirit's power emitting from it shook up Kreos's mind. And now he remembers everything.What does he remember?What? I didn't say he got the weapon! Geez...This, however, is good. Now Kreos's past is commandable! Just wait for me to say okay in one of my future posts and help write Kreos's past! You can command Past Kreos and maybe even his friends starting tomorrow! But I start his past first. I'll just say a Matoran awakes from a nap or something with a picture, okay? You'll know anyway.

mindeth the cobwebs

• 1 month later...

Everyone, I am so sorry for the broken promise and delay. I got lazy and forgot all about this series. But it has returned with updates! :happydance: Starting with this post, Kreos's past is now 100% commandable! Enjoy!<Past Kreos (PK)>: Wake up.ml20.pngI wake up every evenin' with a big smile on my face and it never feels out of place. Kreos, a cheerful Matoran of Plasma, has just awakened from an incredible nap which somehow took place on the floor. Strange. I must have been extra drowsy from last night's activities. Well, I guess it's time to start the day.ml21.pngHNNNG! *crik* Again, incredible nap! Now that the kinks are out of my body, it's time for a fun-filled day with my friends! Are you ready?Now YOU may start creating Kreos's exciting new day!Start sending in Kreos's past commands! YOU can help write his past! I'm ready for you!-Kreos

mindeth the cobwebs

Aha, you've updated! And chosen Kreos to be a Plasma matoran... Hee. That sounds vaguely familiar to a certain other awaking-in-a-strange-place person..~Regardless, this is quite a twist! Good luck on the past... uh, ness. Pastness....It's a word, i swear.

Sisen said:

Alright, since nobody sent in commands, I'm doing one myself.<PK>: Exit home.ml22.pngThat's one you can consider done, Houston! I hope my friends are awake.ml23.pngKreos steps out into the hot weather, sky full of warm clouds. Other Matoran of Plasma can be seen, including Roden, the village weakling and Kreos's best friend. Normally, village weaklings are taunted, but Roden is a nice guy. These days, everybody is his friend. Travelers even remember to bring him something back from trips. Kreos is Roden's friend because he's weak too, but is a bit stronger than Roden.However, Kreos's seemingly perfect new might end in disaster. But...What fun things will you plan for Roden and Kreos?

mindeth the cobwebs