Comics Contest #1 Preliminary Poll Lucy

CC #1 Poll  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

poll2title.png

Welcome to the first round of voting for Comics Contest #1: Get a Clue! The preliminary polls will run until March 8 at 11:59 P.M. EST. Two entries from each poll will advance to the final round, along with one wildcard.You may vote for multiple entries in this poll.----------1. Yume Islanddtdcomicthumb.png[page 1]2. ahahahaha how does detectign solvolve ANYTHING?!?!?1icon.jpg[page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4]3. At The End of the TunnelATETthumb.jpg[page 1, page 2, page 3]4. Mystery Theaterbzpcc1entrypic.png[page 1, page 2]5. Corruptionthumbnail_for_comic.png[page 1, page 2, page 3]6. A Dark Deedbzpcc1_adarkdeed_tavakai_thumb.png[page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4]7. City of Wretches krikathumb009.jpg[page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4, page 5, page 6, page 7, page 8, page 9, page 10, page 11]

It was close, but in the end i Voted for Mystery Theater and City of WretchesThe former for many reasons. Considering it being the only "traditional" Sprite comic in this poll, and probably one of the most well executed ones in the contest.The latter, however, was probably my favourite comic overall - even out of all the fantastic Hand Drawn comics this Contest spawned.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

In terms of story, my favorite comics were Corruption and A Dark Deed. Corruption was everything I hoped to see in a mystery story. I personally love the genre, and this comic sent a few chills down my spine (which seems pretty impressive considering it's only three pages long). I couldn't exactly tell if all of the images came from Bionicle comics. While that does seem to put a bit of a damper on some of the panels (when I clearly see the resemblance of where an image came from), I still like it. It's a story of its own.A Dark Deed threw out a simple murder story and just decided to have fun with it. XD I wouldn't call it suspenseful, but it still made me want to read to the very end. The art style was nice (I love it when the murder weapons appeared to be thought and speech bubbles XD). I wouldn't say it's spot-on, but the style fits with the comic.As far as artwork goes, At the End of the Tunnel and City of Wretches really had me awe-struck. At the End of the Tunnel has amazing visuals. Really, if the contest was solely about art, this comic would win in my book. The story was pretty simple for this one; Takua dragging Jaller on a silly adventure. It's got more of a charming, nostalgic feel than a suspenseful one, however I still think the story holds up on its own. Take it for what it is, it's a good comic. City of Wretches was an interesting one. I didn't know exactly what was going on, but man did this comic have atmosphere! Not only was the art style great, but the settings, the characters, the outfits; they all added a great deal of effect to the story. The ending left me more confused than intrigued, however, Even so, I like this comic a lot.Good luck everyone!

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I laughed so hard when I read "ahahahaha how does detectign solvolve ANYTHING?!?!?1". I couldn't not vote for it, really. "At The End of the Tunnel" and "City of Wretches" were just plain amazing to read. They both have their merits, and while I liked City of Wretches a little more, I couldn't with a clear conscience not vote for Uncle K's as well.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Dark Deed was far and away my favorite, it was quite polished all around. Mystery Theater was closest second, so I voted for that as well.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

When I look for mystery I look for detective fiction, and when I look for detective fiction I look for traditionals, and when I traditional detective fiction mysteries I look for Mystery Theater. Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Yeah, I regret not having time to make an entry. Although I guess now I have free reign with the idea I had anyway. But anyway, to my votes! I picked A Dark Deed and City of Wretches. The former because it's some really nice looking vector styling, and I was highly amused by the antics going on, and it had some really nice flow to it, humourous. The latter was incredible to look at, and really fit the mood of this contest nicely. And my gosh I loved the designs for the Makuta in this, particularly Gorast and Bitil (even though that was only brief). Really cool style.But yeah, staggered by the diversity of these entries, I really liked all of them in their different ways. I'll go now to see how the other poll compares.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

I chose "At the End of the Tunnel," "Mystery Theater," and "City of Wretches." All three were extremely well-drawn/sprited (though the first seems a bit rushed).I was tempted to also vote for "A Dark Deed," but vI decided that voting for four entries was a bit much. Also, "ahahahaha how does detectign solvolve ANYTHING?!?!?1" was utterly hilarious, but I didn't feel right voting for it instead of another. =P

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Yume Island is too short and confusing. It's waaaaay too fast, it needed more atmosphere.Zak will be zak will be zak will be zak, no need to discuss himAt The End Of The Tunnel was probably the most extravagant art-wise, but the story was bleh.Mystery Theater... Sorry Eljay, I tried to like it, but there were just a lot of little semantics that really made it impossible. Mostly, though, the plot wasn't that good. Your deciding "evidence" was when he left the company and sold it, and then committed suicide. That sounds completely probable! Depressed chap sells company for tiddlywinks (at least, I assume the amount was tiddlywinks :/) then offs himself. Happens all the time. There were also little things, like, if you were REALLY friends with Venom, you wouldn't say "Detective Venom", you'd just say "Venom" or "Ven". If he knows you, he won't care. That's really was most of it was for me, not grammar persay, but just little things that made the writer in me cringe.Corruption: Story was decent, but rushed. I can't decide about the art style... in some parts I thought it was pretty cool, and some part I thought it was laughable. The ripped pics from the comics worked generally, but some of them (especially showing Tahu standing) tended to look weird. A Dark Deed: You make me laugh, Tav. The art was great, I love the utter ineptitude of Shelek Holmes, and the end was funny. City of Wretches: Who the heck did this? I need to kiss their feet. This was, by far, the best of all of these. The atmosphere was stunning, the art was amazing. Unlike most, it wasn't rushed, and really built an actual tension that was really good. My only complaint might be that I couldn't tell who was who, besides the Mistika. There were a bunch that I knew I should have known, but I didn't. ALSO OMG THAT GORATH :3 SO PERFECT (Krika too, I fangirlsquealed a little bit when I saw him.) VOTES: A Dark Deed and City of Wretches.

I had to vote for city of wretches. The art and story was awesome. The way all the different characters were drawn, the sort of modernized look to everything, Gorast and Bitil and Krika. It was just.. awesome.But the art in End of the Tunnel was to amazing to ignore. I had to vote for that too.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------