Biocraft: Chronicles

Hello everybody! Do the mangosteen danc- Oh, wait… That’s another topic. This is about BioCraft.biocraft_propt2_poster.png(this poster is filler, and will not be the final version. Please note it is highly outdated.)That’s right. This is BioCraft: Chronicles. A Minecraft/Bionicle machinima movie, and not a texture pack for the game! Lemme explain.One evening, I was talking to my friends Varderan, Mesonak, and Potu. I then jokingly said “Hey guys, Tahu wakes up on a beach – Minecraft!” The others loved it, and we decided to attempt it. We wanted to make a Minecraft movie based on the first year of BIONICLE; that's been the driving goal behind the project from the start. Soon after the idea became reality, we began work on the script. Shortly into production we realized that the 10 year anniversary of BIONICLE was coming up, which worked out perfectly for us. We released the teaser trailer for the movie on the anniversary, and it quickly garnered lots of attention. Soon afterwards, we began work on voice recording and filming.BioCraft: Chronicles is a comedic retelling of 2001. It may not be all comedy, but we’re gonna try and make it enjoyably funny.As more information comes in, I’ll likely put it here. For now, please keep watch as we are nearing completion!sig.png

Edited by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Now that introductions are out of the way:

You have probably already seen our teaser trailer that BZP was kind enough to place on their front page news. We plan on releasing a new complete Theatrical Trailer in the next upcoming days so be sure to check back for that.Now then, time to showcase just a bit of what we've created so far:

onukoroscreen.png

(Onu Koro)

tamatoranbiocraft.png

(Ta-Matoran in a WIP Charred Forest)

takoroscreen.png

(Ta-Koro Streets)

gakorobiocraft.png(Ga-Koro)

All these locations were built by our team through hours of hard work. Currently none of the locations are together on a singular map, however we plan to make a life sized (as to scale as we can get) Matanui island with all our locations placed in it once the movie is complete.Now, lets introduce our main talent:Toa Tahu: VarderanToa Kopaka: KraahlixToa Gali: PotuToa Onua: VarderanToa Lewa: EljayToa Pohatu: EljayTakua: Dark709Matoro: ShyyrnTamaru: EljayKongu: KahinuvaTaipu: Tenebrae InvictusHahli: PotuMacku: Alena Paprika HyperJaller: VarderanHafu: Kao (Not a member of BZP)Hewkii: VBBNTuraga Vakama: ShyyrnTuraga Nokama: Alena Paprika HyperTuraga Matau: VBBN(Bare in mind we have tons of other roles that aren't listed here, these are only the main characters)

Edited by Illustrious Var
untitled-4.png

The following answers a few Frequently Asked Questions about BioCraft Chronicles. Decided it'd be in our best interest to post this to avoid some confusion on the part of our fans.Q: What is BioCraft?A: Good question. Biocraft: Chronicles is a comedic retelling of the first year of the BIONICLE storyline. It will have many serious elements, but we plan to tell the story with our own comedic spin. Some were disappointed with the teaser trailer in that it featured a scene from Onua (which has since been changed) that confused them as to what genre of movie this would be. This was never intended to be anything other than a comedic retelling, which is why we have tried from the beginning to make that clear.Q: Can I help with the movie?A: Currently, we have no need for external help. Filming has wrapped, and we are strictly in the post-production phase of the movie. If and when we need any outside help, I will make a post and a video on our channel informing people of this. :DQ: When is the movie being released?A: Well, as stated above, filming has wrapped, most voice recording has been completed, the island of Mata Nui is more or less ready to go, and we have transitioned into post-production. This is a lengthy process, because we chose to feature several CGI scenes in our movie, knowing that it would lengthen development time. It's a necessary evil, because I believe these scenes add to our movie immensely and creating them is worth the release delay.

Q: How will this movie be released?

A: The initial plan was to release the movie in one, long video on our channel as a full-length movie. We were going to then, after the movie has been released, splice into several smaller parts and upload them for fans who may not have the fastest internet connection. We have since decided to invert the order, releasing the movie in parts first and then, once they're all up, release the full movie. This will enable us to release the movie much faster. We already have a rough estimate for part 1's release, but will not be announcing it until we are absolutely prepared.

Q: Can I join this server?A: We get this question a lot, and I feel it has to be addressed. This is not a server, this is a comedic retelling of the 2001 storyline of BIONICLE. However, due to fan demand, when the movie is completed and released we will be looking to temporarily rent a dedicated server, featuring an accurate map of Mata Nui, complete with all set pieces from the movie and more for our fans enjoyment. As with helping with the movie, more details available as it becomes necessary. :)Q: Will there be a sequel?A: Good question. We at BioCraft prefer not to overload ourselves with too many ideas, or else our current project may suffer in numerous ways. Depending on the reception Chronicles receives, we are considering the possibility of doing more movies, starting with the 2006 year of BIONICLE. It's been a blast working on Chronicles, and I'd value the opportunity to do this again. But, as I said, let's not get ahead of ourselves. :PQ: Will you put the map up for download?A: Yes. Once the movie has been released, we will have a very strong selection of post-release content to keep you interested in Biocraft past the release of the movie. Such things include developer commentary, a texture pack to coincide with the 1-month dedicated server, etc. Once the server has run its course, we will be releasing the map for download to the public. Once this happens, development on Biocraft: Chronicles will cease and the project will end.That's a wrap for this post; hope as many people see this as possible. If you know anyone that follows BioCraft's progress, spread this around. I'm sure it could answer some peoples' questions. And if you have a valid question, PM it to me or post it in the topic and I'll amend this.See you soon,The BioCraft Chronicles Team

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Been looking forward to this since it hit the BZP front page news! Just curious, what MC version are you guys generally running for this?

●Takuma Nuva●

That's an interesting question; a little known fact is that the script for the movie was split into two parts. One follows the Toa's perspective, whereas the second half follows Takua's perspective. The Toa's half ran on 1.7.3, except the final portion which ran on 1.8.1. Takua's portion, which is currently being filmed, runs on 1.9 Pre-release 4. -Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

yay! ive been watching your biocraft videos recently, and I CANT WAIT!so, how exactly is your progress currently? and when can we get the skins and texture packs, because i just bought minecraft recently EDIT: yay! Dark709 is takua! this is getting better by the minute!

Edited by bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Thanks for the feedback, guys. @bulik: Progress is coming along great, Filming the actual movie is nearing completion, but we still need several extra roles before we can make tremendous headway, hence us requesting the fans help. I'll get back to you on your PM shortly. Also, you can get the skins we use for the Toa at http://www.minecraftskins.com/. A quick search for "BIONICLE" should do it. The Toa's skins were made by member "jackinyourbox". They were not made by us. The item reskins, block reskins (even though there are few), and the rest of the character skins will be released to the public after the movie's release. @Noble Knight BioBeast: No worries, following the movie's progress and giving us feedback helps us enough. Thanks for your post. :) -Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

I know that you guys just took the skins from somebody who made them all on one of the skin sites... And they are all well-made. But it just bugs me sooo much that only Tahu's eyes are colored wrong. :P That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed. :) I only wish I had gotten Minecraft myself early enough to get in on it. ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I know that you guys just took the skins from somebody who made them all on one of the skin sites... And they are all well-made. But it just bugs me sooo much that only Tahu's eyes are colored wrong. :P That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed. :) I only wish I had gotten Minecraft myself early enough to get in on it. ~|ET|~

Interestingly enough, I just looked up how Tahu looked in the MNOLG, and one picture shows his eyes as the same color as they are in this XD But yeah, I noticed that as well, just a little too late =P And thank you! We're all pretty excited to get it done. Sooner 1.9 comes out, the better. sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

While I don't play Minecraft, this does look like quite an interesting project. I wish we could use a template such as Minecraft for a project like Bionicle: Next Generation. :PQuick question: What sort of humor are you aiming for? Slapstick? -- subtle? -- irony? I hope you guys aren't going for a sarcasm-ridden Disney sitcom-style comedy... just sayin'.

I know this is a little late,but...THIS IS AWESOME.I've been looking forward to it for a few months now and it really seems awesome. Can't wait for the full movie to come out. It's too bad I can't update it...Minecraft hates my computer after I got it... :upset:

I heard of this only a week ago, and I must say I am excited. Not only arethe characters easy to recognize, but the landscape is just like Mata-Nui's although blockier. Will the completed map, once merged, be open to the public?

Edited by Tanma

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

guys, read the other posts in the topic! he is trhinking about renting a dedicated servere of mata nui later

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Wait, Dark709 is voicing Takua? This just gets better and better. I wonder how the Rahi will be made?

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Wait, Dark709 is voicing Takua? This just gets better and better. I wonder how the Rahi will be made?

(For the most part) re-skinning mobs.
duh, how else? im guessing the spider is nui jaga, but what would the zombie, skeleton, and creeper be?

Thanks for the feedback, guys. @bulik: Progress is coming along great, Filming the actual movie is nearing completion, but we still need several extra roles before we can make tremendous headway, hence us requesting the fans help. I'll get back to you on your PM shortly.-Mesonak

Ahem, im waiting

Thanks for the feedback, guys. @bulik: Progress is coming along great, Filming the actual movie is nearing completion, but we still need several extra roles before we can make tremendous headway, hence us requesting the fans help. I'll get back to you on your PM shortly.-Mesonak

Ahem, im waiting
I have to discuss with the rest of the team what we're going to use you for before we actually accept you onto the team. That way, you have a purpose. ;) I'll get to you (and the others that have PMed me) today. -Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

ok, thanks, and sorry for the rush, it just seems like the past 2 days have been months because of all the action on the forums, and creating my new avatar, etc.as well as some purchases I've just made. Im just so excited!and BTW, how do you do your videos? like on your explanation video, when it isn't from a FPS perspective?

(For the most part) re-skinning mobs.
I figured that would work for the Muaka and other ground creatures, but what about fliers like the Nui-Rama?

ALRIGHT EVERYONE!! I'm proud to unveil our newest trailer!

http-~~-//vimeo.com/30655053 A lot of work went into this, there are a few scenes that might not make it into the final film though. I would also like to mention that the final release date and voice actors are subject to change depending on the situation so keep that in mind. Also felt like mentioning that the voices in the beggining are: Jaller, Kopeke, Tamaru, Hafu, Jaller again in that order, just so you know =p

Edited by Illustrious Var
untitled-4.png

Oh my Mata-Nui, this has made my day. The scenery looks wonderful, and is easily recognizable as the land of Mata-Nui. A little odd that the Muaka are shorter than Toa, but there are only so many mobs that can be used.

Oh my Mata-Nui, this has made my day. The scenery looks wonderful, and is easily recognizable as the land of Mata-Nui. A little odd that the Muaka are shorter than Toa, but there are only so many mobs that can be used.

you saw a pic of the muaka?

About 2 minutes in to the trailer you can see a bunch of the Muaka.

I just wet myself. HOLY ###### THIS IS AWESOME! I can't wait. I wish I had thought of this. No I don't, because I would not have accomplished anything for a year. Amazing stuff, can't wait to watch it!

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.