Biocraft: Chronicles

• 2 weeks later...

Unless that was explicitly stated in one of their podcasts, I don't think so.Though, I would like some verification on if they're still implementing the CGI or if they encountered a technical difficulty, or if they're simply halted because of life throwing something at one or more of the workers.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Unless that was explicitly stated in one of their podcasts, I don't think so. Though, I would like some verification on if they're still implementing the CGI or if they encountered a technical difficulty, or if they're simply halted because of life throwing something at one or more of the workers.

We're definitely still moving forwards with the CGI. We've come too far and delayed too long to abandon it all now; we're fully in the mindset of "we don't care how long it takes, and we will NOT sacrifice quality for speed." :P

Your latter guess is more accurate. We signed on several new animators a while back to help us speed the process along, but Var still has all the necessary files and, basically, all the progress we have so far. With the exception of one animator who's been doing some fantastic work on one of our CGI scenes and is moving at a pretty steady pace, it's been at a standstill while we wait for files to be transferred. We've taken the time to work on fine-tuning and sprucing up the island. :)

Also, if you all have been following our update videos, you would realize this, but I'll post it on BZPower too. We're going to be doing something we didn't originally want to do, but in light of how things are progressing, we think it makes the most sense: releasing the movie in parts. We'll still make a compilation video at the end featuring all the parts that will act as the full "movie," but we'll release it in parts first. We were going to do this originally anyways, due to people who may have slow internet connections; only difference would be it would take place after the movie's release. We're simply inverting the order so we can get it out quicker.

We've got a rough estimate on when the first part will be released, but in order to not disappoint you guys, we won't breathe a word of it until we're ready. :P

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Sounds good, sounds good. I'm rather eager to see it when it's done =3

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

Can't wait until it's out!!!! The pictures look really cool, BTW.

EDIT: 100 post already?

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

Hey everyone! Happy to see the forums have returned.

Just wanted to post saying I'm still here, and that I'm not to blame for events prior to BZP's downtime.

In order to apologize for any misconceptions, here is a nice image of a Tarakava we may use for a CGI scene.

biocraft_tarakava.png

Thanks guys!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

i think they might just use past bionicle movies but man if i was given sheet music i could give them a good trumpet tune..... sry back on topic it would be intresting if they used like custom music instead of all ready existing bionicle music.

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Hey everyone! Happy to see the forums have returned.

Just wanted to post saying I'm still here, and that I'm not to blame for events prior to BZP's downtime.

In order to apologize for any misconceptions, here is a nice image of a Tarakava we may use for a CGI scene.

biocraft_tarakava.png

Thanks guys!

sig.png

Whew. That was... well... Yeah.

Anyway, nice Tarakava, but how's that gonna work ingame?

banner.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's just a model for CGI stuff, not an in-game NPC. That would require a mod, y'see, and I doubt things are that convoluted. Not saying it would not be awesome if it was, but I doubt it.

"Wrong."

I'm pretty sure it's just a model for CGI stuff, not an in-game NPC. That would require a mod, y'see, and I doubt things are that convoluted. Not saying it would not be awesome if it was, but I doubt it.

it is just CGI if you check i remember seeing a member of the animator team (kahi nuva) upload a video to the TTV showing of some of his animations of course i am not aloud to say the site on here but im sure you all know the one im talking about

biocraftbanner.jpg

*watches video*......ok, now I'm hyped exponentially. When is this thing getting released? XD (Or, y'know, at least the first part of it).

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

*watches video*......ok, now I'm hyped exponentially. When is this thing getting released? XD (Or, y'know, at least the first part of it).

Well, that's what we're working on now, getting a release date and all (by working on the film). When we know, you guys will too!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long have you guys been working on this project? ~A7
If you look at the date the topic was started, it was in late 2011. So that means they've been working on it for 1 1/3 years.(or maybe earlier, considering October 2011 was around the time the forums returned) Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

Hey guys, I didn't see anything about music for these movies (unless I totally missed it; completely possible). Do you think that you will need any composers in the future?

~A7

Thanks for the post! Venom, a member of our team, is currently composing music for us. However, there may come a time when we may need extra help.

If you know someone who could compose (or if you're the one offering your own skills, which is very likely), could you ask them to upload a sample of their/your work? :)

----------------------

Also, thanks for the replies to the BioCraft BTS everybody! Glad to see people are enjoying it. Kahi's working on getting it up on ReBrick, so he'll probably make a post after this one with that link.

Yeah, we began work on the project early 2011. Spent like two months working on concepts and then we premiered the teaser trailer on July 1st. :)

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Right, so I've been working on animation lately, and I've put a little behind the scenes time-lapse of my work therein. For those of you who have not seen it yet, you can view it there. I know it's been mentioned here then and again but there you go.

Animation resumes two weeks from now in SPRING BREAK WEEK, so get ready to see at least one or two new screenshots and maybe a new video. BioCraft is getting pretty close to being done.

Hey guys, I didn't see anything about music for these movies (unless I totally missed it; completely possible). Do you think that you will need any composers in the future? ~A7

Thanks for the post! Venom, a member of our team, is currently composing music for us. However, there may come a time when we may need extra help. If you know someone who could compose (or if you're the one offering your own skills, which is very likely), could you ask them to upload a sample of their/your work? :) -Mesonak

Yes, I compose. I suppose I should have just offered/asked straight up. :D I've posted some of the first songs I've written (a couple years ago) on my soundcloud account, here. A song I did for another project (but pulled out of), can be found here, also on soundcloud. If you need an extra musician, I'd be happy to offer what services I can.

~A7

Check out my music at:

Soundcloud

425893_552803551409446_1994847457_n.jpg

RPGS:

Lego Universe

Rise of the Rockets

• 2 weeks later...

Well done guys for sticking with this, I've seen too many projects like this go down the drain. KEEP IT UP!!!

Thanks! We will not disappoint. :D

Quick update on the movie; extraordinary progress has been made on the Lewa vs, Onua animation, and progress on the Gali vs. Tarakava animation will be made shortly. Our CGI scenes are making headway. Stay tuned...

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

By definition, the entire movie will be CGI :P

But IMO, It's safe to assume any major fight scenes (Or anything involving acrobatics beyond what Vanilla Minecraft offers, for that matter) will be animated by the Biocraft Team using the Maya animator.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hey guys, I didn't see anything about music for these movies (unless I totally missed it; completely possible). Do you think that you will need any composers in the future? ~A7

Thanks for the post! Venom, a member of our team, is currently composing music for us. However, there may come a time when we may need extra help. If you know someone who could compose (or if you're the one offering your own skills, which is very likely), could you ask them to upload a sample of their/your work? :) -Mesonak

Yes, I compose. I suppose I should have just offered/asked straight up. :D I've posted some of the first songs I've written (a couple years ago) on my soundcloud account, here. A song I did for another project (but pulled out of), can be found here, also on soundcloud. If you need an extra musician, I'd be happy to offer what services I can.

~A7

ALRIGHT, so I certainly forgot to reply for quite a while. Sorry about that!

Here's the verdict. Eljay listened to your music (and loved it). I quite enjoyed your teaser for "Heartbeat" specifically, as well as "Possibilities."

I'll update you soon when some of the others give it a listen, but I'll put it to you this way; you're under heavy consideration as far as joining the music team. I'll get back to you soon this time. :P

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Here's the verdict. Eljay listened to your music (and loved it). I quite enjoyed your teaser for "Heartbeat" specifically, as well as "Possibilities."

I'll update you soon when some of the others give it a listen, but I'll put it to you this way; you're under heavy consideration as far as joining the music team. I'll get back to you soon this time. :P

-Mesonak

Brilliant, then. Thanks for the chance to help. I'm looking forward to it.

~A7

Edited by Azarath17

Check out my music at:

Soundcloud

425893_552803551409446_1994847457_n.jpg

RPGS:

Lego Universe

Rise of the Rockets

really 3 years wow time flys from how much animation is happening I'm thinking that this could be movie quality and minecraft should think about doing something like this. I can't wait for this to come out

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

-Mesonak

Brilliant, then. Thanks for the chance to help. I'm looking forward to it.

~A7

ALRIGHT, so I tried sending this via PM, but BZPower had some "fatal server issues," so I decided I should just post it here. :P

The others would love it if you could compose something for us as a test to see how things could work from here on out.Basically, what we'd love is if you could create something that sounds kind of like a mix between MNOG-style music and the kind you would find in the movies; a hybrid of those two styles. Doesn't have to have any specific sound to it (complete freedom in that regard) as long as it draws some inspiration from those sources. Kind of a vague request, I know, but do you think that could work out?Thanks!-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

That'll work out perfectly - I was expecting a request of this type. Your directions are quite specific, at least to me. =D I do have one question though - do you want it to be atmospheric, like a backdrop, or more of an actual piece/theme?

~A7

Atmospheric would be a great place to start out with. I'm sure it'll sound great either which way, so thanks!

Also, just as a status update: Lewa vs. Onua CGI scene is done. :D

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png