Biocraft: Chronicles

You see, this is what I'm talking about when I said "don't be stupid". *shot*

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

[in case you didn't catch I was joking, for me "*shot*" = I know what I said is stupid and am acknowledging it before people think I'm serious.]

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Everybody, cool it with the torrent of messages; I come on and I see like 19 new posts.

@_@

We literally made the video public just a few minutes ago, I was heading over here to post a link. Everything's fine. :P

Link is here.

Have fun guys!

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

@Jalokim; Not to my knowledge; sounds like that's more likely to be a glitch. I don't recall that being a purposeful easter egg, but I guess it could be? Not really sure.

@SuperGogito; I'm glad you enjoy it! Ta-Koro is personally my favorite or, at the very least, second favorite of the Koros we constructed. I really like the bridge area. :P

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Ok, got to wander the map a little (pretty much all the corners of it =3) and I gotta say: pretty neat. Fairly accurate with the 2001 Mata Nui Ta-Koro and the surrounding Wahi. I know it's too late to make any changes (especially with the movie apparently already made, just awaiting the CGI), but I do have a few minor criticisms just because I want a reason to post =3-The Giant Mata Nui statue isn't...well, giant.: You know what I'm talking about, right? The big statue that Takua exits Makuta's Lair from at the end of MNOG. If I recall, that's supposed to be much bigger, and on the side of a large cliff, not right next to the Canister in the corner of a hill. Of course, I can understand that. Getting the whole thing to be proportionate to scale and in the exact location would be kinda tricky. I'm fine with it (as I am with just about everything else I'll mention), I just wanted to get that off my chest.-Ta-Wahi Forest a bit too clear for canon.: I believe it's been a few years since I last played MNOG or read a 2001 Bionicle Book, but isn't the charred forest supposed to be "easy to get lost in"? Then again, this might be a point for comedy and I'm killing a joke, or it could simply be because if you actually got it confusing to wander around it would look more like a maze of wood blocks and not a series of burnt trees. Either way is fine with me lol.-And of course there's the obvious fact that Ta-Koro isn't elevated above a "lava moat" or surrounded by rocky mountains. That I'm pretty sure is just because you couldn't get too complex or fancy with the pistons to make the rock bridge raise more than a single block. I completely understand that and can relate XDNow some suggestions that you CAN fix for when you release the full map:Food Sources: I must say, I think I died of starvation at least three times due to the lack of mobs to kill or food in the chests. Stacks and stacks of emeralds, but not a single pork chop. Eventually I did find a patch of fields where a bunch of cows, chickens, and pigs spawned, so then I finally solved the Ta-Koro Hunger Pandemic. If you could save the Ta-Koro residents some trouble and at least put in a Pig Farm (or whatever Rahi you've re-skinned them to be in the texture pack =P) so they aren't dying of dehydration AND malnutrition =3Creepers Need to Die: You can only imagine my frustration I experienced when I was fiddling with the Ta-Koro Gate controls when suddenly I am surrounded by creepers who blow up the gate controls and permanently sink the stepping stones (lolfail, right?). I did a lot of stone mining at that point to fix the gap the old fashioned way. In another, less annoying instance I'm mining the Onu-Koro Highway's tempting iron ore veins when suddenly, at the end of the tunnel I am swarmed by Creepers. They blew up half the track and it took me three trips before I could get all my gear safely from the tunnel. Some more light in there would be appreciated, especially if we can't smith ourselves some weapons. Or, if you have the right plugins, completely preventing the spawning of any creepers would be nice, at least when you open the server.1 R CH34T3R, 1 W4NT CH34TZ!!!11!!!111!: l33t-to-human translation: Hello. I would like to suggest that upon the release of the full map of Mata Nui that you modify the save so that cheats are enabled, if possible. I figure, why not? Let those who want to be legit be legit, but let's face it: the map was designed as a replica. Besides the ores that are laying about in the tunnels, there's no real reason to have to go vanilla MineCraft and demolish the hard-worked world to seek ores that are most likely not there. Plus, the best way to truly grasp the enormity of the world is to soar above and around it with /gamemode 1 =3Now that that wave of criticisms is done, I will say I really enjoyed the gatehouse. As I alluded to in the Creepers thing, I fiddled with the controls for quite awhile before the creepers blew them up ^^ Also, when wandering the charred forest, I happened to notice what I'm 99% sure was the stage for Tahu's encounter with the Matoran with the Rahi Trap. I can just tell from the setup that that scene is going to be pretty funny XD All things considered, you guys did a superb job recreating Ta-Koro on a MineCraft scale.Thank you for your time if you chose to invest it in reading my feedback, and I can't wait for the movie to come out and the map/server to be up =P

"Wrong."

@Mesonak: Yeah! I like the bridge area too :) Only thing is that I thought the stones were bigger in MNOG (But that is not important.) Really looking forward to the complete map after the movie. :D

Also: If I can help with anything for the movie, I'd be glad to, that is if I am capable of doing it.

Edited by SuperGogito

esDbByv.jpg

-Ta-Wahi Forest a bit too clear for canon.: I believe it's been a few years since I last played MNOG or read a 2001 Bionicle Book, but isn't the charred forest supposed to be "easy to get lost in"? Then again, this might be a point for comedy and I'm killing a joke, or it could simply be because if you actually got it confusing to wander around it would look more like a maze of wood blocks and not a series of burnt trees. Either way is fine with me lol.-And of course there's the obvious fact that Ta-Koro isn't elevated above a "lava moat" or surrounded by rocky mountains. That I'm pretty sure is just because you couldn't get too complex or fancy with the pistons to make the rock bridge raise more than a single block. I completely understand that and can relate XD

These Things I quoted I have to agree with. The map overall is great from what I've seen and you should all be proud of the hard work and time you put into making it and making it available to us. But, I personally think the Charred forest is to... spaced out. In MNOLG, you can barely see 5 feet ahead of you, for the trees block your line of sight, and the signs were the only way to find your way around. I liked it that way. Of course, this doesn't matter as much, because we can always add as many charred trees as we want for our personal maps, it's just it would be better if we could have something like that on the upcoming server.

And on the second point I have Quoted, I'm more disappointed at this than the other thing. Because From what I remember, Ta-Koro is on a lake of lava (Check.), and that lake of lava is inside a rocky mound/plateau/dome thing with a hole in the top (And the Gate Station was build into the rock wall of the outer dome). But from the map, It looks like you combined Ta-Koro and the Rocky dome thing =/ . But, I suppose that is from size difficulty, so you couldn't fit every canon thing in there.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I liked the map a lot. But there were a couple of issues that could be ironed out in the final version.

No Ta-Kini (Not a real issue for the final map, I saw it in the video you guys posted)

It seems in the demo map, when you guys sliced the Ta-Koro map from the island, it seems you guys didn't cut the part that contained the Ta-Kini.

Now this isn't a real issue as it's included in the final one. But it wouldn't have been bad if it had been included.

Tren Krom Break and Onu Koro Highway both end in a cliffhanger

Both places just simply drop off into oblivion, I think it would have been better if there were blocks or some sort of easter egg covering the cliffhanger.(This isn't a real issue in the final version, just stating my opinion).

Yeah, I was initially disappointed that there was no Kohlii field. Then I remembered Kohlii didn't become popular on Mata Nui outside of Po-Koro until they added the sticks after the Bohrok Attacks of 2002....Something about how I worded that makes me feel old XD[Also, 123rd post FTW? *shot*]

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

I logged in, but the link won't work... help?

Just look up on our channel; I'm sure you know where you can find us, our channel name is TheThreeVirtues. :P

(Because I'll assume you're talking about ReBrick in which case that site is pretty mediocre when it comes to reliability so...)

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

In other words: click here: http://www.mediafire.com/?oerlnrg4fpnw3e9P.S. I must say, I got my hopes up for an update when I saw Meso posted XD

"Wrong."

In other words: click here: http://www.mediafire.com/?oerlnrg4fpnw3e9 P.S. I must say, I got my hopes up for an update when I saw Meso posted XD

Lol, yeah that's a more direct way of putting it. I found the video pretty funny though so it's worth a watch!

By the way, just to address your points from earlier regarding the map as well as everyone else's - We've read them, we appreciate the feedback, and we are DEFINITELY taking it all into consideration. Not everything is viable at this stage, but one thing we're definitely looking to possibly do is improve the charred forest.

:)

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Is Ta-Koro the only map or do you have more?

Rather than have seperate maps for the Koros, we plan on releasing the entire Mata-Nui island for download after the movie's release. :)

why are you interrupting my interview with TTV?!

XD, you're a funny guy.

He's referring to messages being posted here while the interview was going on, for those curious. :P

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Ok, got to wander the map a little (pretty much all the corners of it =3) and I gotta say: pretty neat. Fairly accurate with the 2001 Mata Nui Ta-Koro and the surrounding Wahi. I know it's too late to make any changes (especially with the movie apparently already made, just awaiting the CGI), but I do have a few minor criticisms just because I want a reason to post =3-The Giant Mata Nui statue isn't...well, giant.: You know what I'm talking about, right? The big statue that Takua exits Makuta's Lair from at the end of MNOG. If I recall, that's supposed to be much bigger, and on the side of a large cliff, not right next to the Canister in the corner of a hill. Of course, I can understand that. Getting the whole thing to be proportionate to scale and in the exact location would be kinda tricky. I'm fine with it (as I am with just about everything else I'll mention), I just wanted to get that off my chest.

I think you're confusing two different statues, the one on the beach is the portal to the Bohrok hive, which Takua does exit at the end of MNOG. However, it is in fact right next to Tahu's canister on the corner of a hill and It's also not very large either. I believe you are referring to the Amaja Circle, that is by Kini-Nui, not the portal.

-Ta-Wahi Forest a bit too clear for canon.: I believe it's been a few years since I last played MNOG or read a 2001 Bionicle Book, but isn't the charred forest supposed to be "easy to get lost in"? Then again, this might be a point for comedy and I'm killing a joke, or it could simply be because if you actually got it confusing to wander around it would look more like a maze of wood blocks and not a series of burnt trees. Either way is fine with me lol.

It's meant to be looked at with with render distance set to short, we cant control what you have your render distance set too, however.-And of course there's the obvious fact that Ta-Koro isn't elevated above a "lava moat" or surrounded by rocky mountains. That I'm pretty sure is just because you couldn't get too complex or fancy with the pistons to make the rock bridge raise more than a single block. I completely understand that and can relate XD

Ta-Koro's location has changed in several different forms of media all with different interpretations of what Ta-Koro looks like. It is well known that this map isn't exactly 1/1 scale, and is much smaller then how the actual Mata-Nui island would be. With the smaller map, comes smaller Koro's, originally Ta-koro was designed with the intent to be larger, but due to the restraints of the island it was shrunken down. If you notice, it IS floating on a lava moat, it might not be as big as you would like it to be, but it's there. Instead of it being surrounded by rocky mountains, it's built into rocky mountains, which may or may not be noticeable due to the shrinking. As for the bridge, it is once again because of the size restraints of the map, had we actually made this map to full scale it probably would have started crashing computers and the file size would be quite ridiculous.

Now some suggestions that you CAN fix for when you release the full map:Food Sources: I must say, I think I died of starvation at least three times due to the lack of mobs to kill or food in the chests. Stacks and stacks of emeralds, but not a single pork chop. Eventually I did find a patch of fields where a bunch of cows, chickens, and pigs spawned, so then I finally solved the Ta-Koro Hunger Pandemic. If you could save the Ta-Koro residents some trouble and at least put in a Pig Farm (or whatever Rahi you've re-skinned them to be in the texture pack =P) so they aren't dying of dehydration AND malnutrition =3

This release was made solely as a peek at how Ta-Koro will look in the movie, purely for aesthetics. It's not made to be a functional map to use for single player survival, if that's what you're looking for then wait for the full release.Creepers Need to Die: You can only imagine my frustration I experienced when I was fiddling with the Ta-Koro Gate controls when suddenly I am surrounded by creepers who blow up the gate controls and permanently sink the stepping stones (lolfail, right?). I did a lot of stone mining at that point to fix the gap the old fashioned way. In another, less annoying instance I'm mining the Onu-Koro Highway's tempting iron ore veins when suddenly, at the end of the tunnel I am swarmed by Creepers. They blew up half the track and it took me three trips before I could get all my gear safely from the tunnel. Some more light in there would be appreciated, especially if we can't smith ourselves some weapons. Or, if you have the right plugins, completely preventing the spawning of any creepers would be nice, at least when you open the server.

Once again, this map is for aesthetics, not for survival playing, if you don't want to be killed by creepers then set it to creative mode.1 R CH34T3R, 1 W4NT CH34TZ!!!11!!!111!: l33t-to-human translation: Hello. I would like to suggest that upon the release of the full map of Mata Nui that you modify the save so that cheats are enabled, if possible. I figure, why not? Let those who want to be legit be legit, but let's face it: the map was designed as a replica. Besides the ores that are laying about in the tunnels, there's no real reason to have to go vanilla MineCraft and demolish the hard-worked world to seek ores that are most likely not there. Plus, the best way to truly grasp the enormity of the world is to soar above and around it with /gamemode 1 =3

Yes, that's what is intended, you can just set yourself to creative mode to enable this.

Now that that wave of criticisms is done, I will say I really enjoyed the gatehouse. As I alluded to in the Creepers thing, I fiddled with the controls for quite awhile before the creepers blew them up ^^ Also, when wandering the charred forest, I happened to notice what I'm 99% sure was the stage for Tahu's encounter with the Matoran with the Rahi Trap. I can just tell from the setup that that scene is going to be pretty funny XD All things considered, you guys did a superb job recreating Ta-Koro on a MineCraft scale.

Yep that's the Rahi Trap alright. Thanks for taking the time to have a look around and providing some feedback!

untitled-4.png

Awesome work everybody, the map is really well done, and I can't wait for the movie to come out. In my opinion Voutok is right about the Charred Forest, because there should be some more trees in it. Here's an image of the Charred Forest on MNOG: Charred_Forest.png

There are lots of trees and they are very close together, in comparison to the MC version.

Another than that, congratulations for making and incredibly accurate version of Ta-koro, and keep up the good work!

100px-VNOLG_Fikou.png

This is the Fikou Spider

Learn about it...

The movie (in terms of filming the scenes), from my understanding, is finished, but right now they're in the editing stage. Meaning, getting the sound effects in place, putting the filmed scenes together just right, implementing CGI, making sure it all "flows together" right, that sort of thing.

"Wrong."

Okay, let me get myself straight, this movie is not finished yet. And I don't want to create another account just to see a video.

What Voutok said is basically where we're at right now.

And you don't have to make a ReBrick account to see the video; we just have that in place so those on BZP that aren't aware of where we actually host our videos can see them. I'm sure most here know the place.

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

So now that I've downloaded the map, how do I use it (mac)?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'm not sure about Macs, but I would think you're supposed to put it in whatever your equivalent of a "world data" or "save data" folder is.

"Wrong."

Yup, I got it. Thanks! Me and my friend had a great time messing around on it.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?