Biocraft: Chronicles

I am indescribably keen for this! I'm really disappointed that I didn't discover this earlier though... I'd love to help out with future projects if I can! On a side note, I had an idea for your server (merely my two cents); maybe you could have it as a survival smp/adventure map, but no building/destroying unless part of the adventure. We could RP and everything... But that is a little too much for a month...If this is unfeasable, when the server goes down and the map is put up, may I host my own public server for that map? Credit would be listed where credit is due, of course, and it wouldn't be a dedicated server.Thanks! Omicron

Nokama Chameleon

can't wait to see the final product. the skins look great and the things you guys are doing looks spectacular. 3d modeling is definitely a big move but i don't doubt you. like i said, can't wait to see it.

Edited by John Egbert

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

I've started on a Bionicle Minecraft M0D if you want to use that. I will be including tools, powered masks, maybe elemental powers, Rahi, Matoran, and maybe eventually Bohrok, Rahkshi, and more. I won't have much of a chance to start this week, but next week I should have some progress with weapons.

Edited by Hahli Husky

Quick status update for everyone on the movies progress;Editing and work on the CGI is going along as fast as they can be; nothing bad to report that's holding up progress, but at the same time, few good things to report either. This is, after all, the most tedious part of working on the movie and the part that the team at large has little to no control over. Regardless, when we do have an update for you, I'll let you all know. @Click: Thanks for letting us know, it looks very impressive. I look forward to see where you go with it. :)-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Is there anything that you want specifically in the modification? You could check my topic for what's in the plan now, but if you really want a specific item or block that isn't listed, just ask! It would be great for everyone!

Edited by Hahli Husky

• 3 weeks later...

Quick status update for you guys; progress has been coming along as fast as possible (to our knowledge, anyways) - contact with Var has been limited, but from what we've heard, work has been going along at a steady pace. Both CGI animation and actual post-production editing of the movie are all that we're working on at this juncture, since those are the only things standing in the way of the release.Naturally, we want to put out a good product for you guys and not a rushed, sloppily edited movie that people will probably find fault in. We shoot for the best if we're capable of achieving it. We've always abided by that philosophy, and this is no exception.Progress updates incoming as we receive them. Thanks for your patience. :)-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Quick status update for you guys; progress has been coming along as fast as possible (to our knowledge, anyways) - contact with Var has been limited, but from what we've heard, work has been going along at a steady pace. Both CGI animation and actual post-production editing of the movie are all that we're working on at this juncture, since those are the only things standing in the way of the release.Naturally, we want to put out a good product for you guys and not a rushed, sloppily edited movie that people will probably find fault in. We shoot for the best if we're capable of achieving it. We've always abided by that philosophy, and this is no exception.Progress updates incoming as we receive them. Thanks for your patience. :)-Mesonak

Sounds good! I cannot wait for the finished product!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

To everyone waiting for another update - Wait no longer! Here is another update for your enjoyment!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

The link seems to be broken. :(

Nah, it's not broken. You just need to have an account on ReBrick to view the video (unless you follow our account by normal means). :)-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

I would LOVE to help. I've had experience modding, texturing, and modeling! I'm not sure about the acting part tho :3 I was actually working on a minecraft-sized version of Mata Nui Island too! I've worked on quite a few bionicle stuffs.

Edited by Than the Moa
Do not link to sites with forums

8618232030_61c8b5329b.jpg

I would LOVE to help. I've had experience modding, texturing, and modeling! I'm not sure about the acting part tho :3 I was actually working on a minecraft-sized version of Mata Nui Island too! I've worked on quite a few bionicle stuffs.

They're editing the film right now, so I'm pretty sure the acting and such is finished. But either way, i'd still look forward to it's completion!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

They're editing the film right now, so I'm pretty sure the acting and such is finished. But either way, i'd still look forward to it's completion!
You're correct in that regard; it's all up to us, now. Nothing you guys can help us with at the moment.Though I do thank all of you that have followed this project and offered your assistance; if we need help down the line in this or any future projects we do, all who have posted in this topic offering their help will definitely be considered. :D-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Hey TTV crew!I heard in one of your videos that you wanted something that could alter biomes. Check this out: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1119044-tool-biome-painter-08-edit-your-minecraft-worlds-biomes/ . This program can alter snow/rain, grass, water and leaf shades, as well as wood textures.This combined with MCEdit could make Le- and Ko- Wahis more accurate for the adventure map/server release. I was thinking Le-Wahi could be a mix of swamp and jungle biomes for accuracy. Maybe the jungle floor can have a marsh (swampwater and lillypads); but again this falls to you.I hope this is of some help! Let me know if I can aid in any way! Thanks for your time!Nepak/Omi

Edited by Omicron7

Nokama Chameleon

• 2 weeks later...

The following answers a few Frequently Asked Questions about BioCraft Chronicles. Decided it'd be in our best interest to post this to avoid some confusion on the part of our fans.Q: What is BioCraft?A: Good question. BioCraft Chronicles is a comedic retelling of the first year of the BIONICLE storyline. It will have many serious elements, but we plan to tell the story with our own comedic spin. Some were disappointed with the teaser trailer in that it featured a scene from Onua (which has since been changed) that confused them as to what genre of movie this would be. This was never intended to be anything other than a comedic retelling, which is why we have tried from the beginning to make that clear.Q: Can I help with the movie?A: Absolutely. If you'd like to help, let me know; some requirements would be that you own MineCraft (obviously), can work under orders from the Director, and have Skype or, as an alternative, Teamspeak. As we near the conclusion of filming the movie, there are several "extra" roles that our fans could help us with. If you think you could be of assistance, send me a Personal Message and I'll forward it to the rest of the team.Q: When is the movie being released?A: The original gameplan was end-of-summer 2011 (September), but due to unforseen problems, this deadline was not met. Usually large-scale projects that suffer a release setback are doomed to fail due to a variety of reasons, but rest assured this is not the case with BioCraft. The movie is still on track, and will be released sometime this Fall. I wish I could give you a better estimate on when exactly that is, but I can't until circumstances allow me too. Expect another trailer soon. ;)Q: Why have there been so few updates on the movies progress?A: For those that have been following the movie's progress, lack of a consistent place to update our fans has hindered us a bit. But now that BZPower is back in full swing, we can hopefully reach our audience and provide many more frequent status updates leading up to the movie's release.Q: Can I join this server?A: We get this question a lot, and I feel it has to be addressed. This is not a server, this is a comedic retelling of the 2001 storyline of BIONICLE. However, due to fan demand, when the movie is completed and released we will be looking to temporarily rent a dedicated server, featuring an accurate map of Mata Nui, complete with all set pieces from the movie and more for our fans enjoyment. As with helping with the movie, more details available as it becomes necessary. :)Q: Will there be a sequel?A: Good question. We at BioCraft prefer not to overload ourselves with too many ideas, or else our current project may suffer in numerous ways. Depending on the reception Chronicles receives, we are considering the possibility of doing more movies, starting with the 2006 year of BIONICLE. It's been a blast working on Chronicles, and I'd value the opportunity to do this again. But, as I said, let's not get ahead of ourselves. :PThat's a wrap for this post; hope as many people see this as possible. If you know anyone that follows BioCraft's progress, spread this around. I'm sure it could answer some peoples' questions. And if you have a valid question, PM it to me or post it in the topic and I'll amend this.See you soon,The BioCraft Chronicles Team

are you going to make it so we can download it after it's done?

If you do put a server up, you should probably whitelist it. This kid of thing would not stand up well to griefing.And if you do do that, I wanna be on it. :D

banner.jpg

If you do put a server up, you should probably whitelist it. This kid of thing would not stand up well to griefing.And if you do do that, I wanna be on it. :biggrin:

They're not going to white-list it but they will disable the ability to place or remove blocks
biocraftbanner.jpg

are you going to make it so we can download it after it's done?

It would be fun to play survival on this map in SSP. Will you put it up for download?

As we've said numerous times, yeah, the map will be put up for download once the museum server is ended. Once the map is put up for download that's going to end our slew of post-release content for Biocraft: Chronicles.

If you do put a server up, you should probably whitelist it. This kid of thing would not stand up well to griefing.And if you do do that, I wanna be on it. :biggrin:

They're not going to white-list it but they will disable the ability to place or remove blocks
Actually, white-listing is a fairly good idea. You guys could just send us a message and be like "I'd like to join the server, I'm a Biocraft fan!" and we'd add you. We'll take it under consideration.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

White-list would be good. Though many non-Bzpower bionicle fans would have to join Bzpower, send you a message, and get invited in. Thats the only concern I have. But its your choice.
That's not necessarily the only way to contact them, though.They can easily be reached through Rebrick and such.-V- Edited by The Venom

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

• 2 weeks later...
So, are the skins gone? I checked the link, and couldn't find many Toa skins, and not the ones you are using.
It would appear so. Looks like they changed the layout of their site, and removed many previously listed skins. Good thing we have them all; they'll be released alongside the texture pack, so no real loss.
Is the project taking longer then expected, or has some problem come up? You said it would be out by now.
We said we were hopeful that it would be released by now. We never gave any definitive promise, bar our theatrical trailer, because we can't forsee how much work things like 3D modeling and animation will require. The actual filming of the movie IS in fact done, we're just in the post-production phase, which is the hardest bit of work to do considering we're having CG scenes. No problems; everything's going at a pretty realistic pace.Keep following our updates on our channel to hear what's going on; we've put out several recently. :)Thanks!-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

So, are the skins gone? I checked the link, and couldn't find many Toa skins, and not the ones you are using.
It would appear so. Looks like they changed the layout of their site, and removed many previously listed skins. Good thing we have them all; they'll be released alongside the texture pack, so no real loss.
Is the project taking longer then expected, or has some problem come up? You said it would be out by now.
We said we were hopeful that it would be released by now. We never gave any definitive promise, bar our theatrical trailer, because we can't forsee how much work things like 3D modeling and animation will require. The actual filming of the movie IS in fact done, we're just in the post-production phase, which is the hardest bit of work to do considering we're having CG scenes. No problems; everything's going at a pretty realistic pace.Keep following our updates on our channel to hear what's going on; we've put out several recently. :)Thanks!-Mesonak
you can still find the old skins in the skindex's "archive"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm working on a short video series based on the idea of telling MNOLG in Minecraft, & this really influenced my idea. I can't wait for this to come out, & am really excited for it.~DD

Edited by Darth Dummy

Herp Derp

I'm working on a short video series based on the idea of telling MNOLG in Minecraft, & this really influenced my idea. I can't wait for this to come out, & am really excited for it.~DD
We've actually already done that. The movie covers the most of the storyline of 2001 and combines two perspectives of different groups of characters. Half of the movie will be centered around the Toa (the Quest of the Toa storyline) and the other half will be centered around the Matoran (the MNOG storyline).

You guys have really outdone yourself. I mean I'm kind of amazed with the work all of you put into making this so far. Happy to see that at least some of my old xat friends are still into Bionicle as we were a few years ago. Great job guys, really.-Arch

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***