Quick Q Regarding The Bohrok Nests

The Bohrok nests are inside Mata Nui's face, but not in actual domes like the lands below them. Would they be considered to be inside or outside the Matoran Universe?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Even if the nests are in the robot's "skin", so to speak, I'd still classify it as "inside".After all, we consider the interior of our ears and noses to be the inside of our bodies as much as we consider the heart and lungs to be, yes? Just because something is closer to the surface does not make it any less a part of the inside world than something at the core.

Depends on why you're asking. Are you asking if Mata Nui could control the physics there, for example? Pretty sure he would. Are you asking if Matoran would have ever likely found them prior to the Great Cataclysm? Highly unlikely, so they wouldn't be part of the "known Matoran Universe" from their point of view (I think...). They're part of the giant robot, but that's not necessarily the same meaning as "Matoran Universe."But the Order apparently knew about them, so they might consider it yes, part of it. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I would've considered the island of Mata Nui as part of the MU. Anything that is part of the robots systems, and directly connected to it I would consider to be part of the MU. The Exception would be the Red Star, as the majority of time it is not connected (physically) to the robot.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

well i would say that since the tunnels that the toa metru took to reach the island of mata-nui from metru-nui. are in the same general area and i think that the nest can be accessed from those tunnels so yes they are in there actual great beings body. also since he flew around for awhile and did not have the island camouflage on that would indicate the bohrok nests are actually in the the body of the MU or else we would have alot of bohrok floating through space if the were on the outside.Also does anyone ever wonder what happened to lehvak-kal since he was sent into space by his own powers. gosh that would be really boring since he is technically still alive up there. i know i would be very very bored.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

i think that the nest can be accessed from those tunnels so yes they are in there actual great beings body. also since he flew around for awhile and did not have the island camouflage on that would indicate the bohrok nests are actually in the the body of the MU or else we would have alot of bohrok floating through space if the were on the outside.

Just to clarify, we of course know that the nests are in the giant robot, what is debatable (though I seem to be the only one making this point :P) is whether "giant robot" equals "Matoran Universe", since the Matoran only live in the domes normally. Also, you mean Great Spirit, not Great Being. :)I think "Matoran Universe" is comparable to like blood cells in blood vessels, while the rest, which includes most of the nests, is more like muscle and skin. At least by the definition the Matoran themselves would have used prior to the Great Cataclysm, when the only nests they knew of were the backup nests under Metru Nui. I see a lot of you who are saying "yes" to this just using the acronym, "MU", probably because yall really mean "the giant robot" by that. But don't forget what MU stands for; it's not that clearcut.

Also does anyone ever wonder what happened to lehvak-kal since he was sent into space by his own powers.

Yeah, people bring that up all the time. Last I heard Greg said there's a chance he might eventually be pulled in to Spherus Magna. Whether he would burn up on entry, I have no idea though. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The armour survived being blasted through the atmosphere, looking at space shuttles its highly likely it will survive renentry

and imagine if he was able to safely re-enter the surface he would be unleashed on spherus-magna. also are the bohrok still in the Matoran Universe body even though it is non functioning

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yes, the Bohrok are still there.

I think "Matoran Universe" is comparable to like blood cells in blood vessels, while the rest, which includes most of the nests, is more like muscle and skin. At least by the definition the Matoran themselves would have used prior to the Great Cataclysm, when the only nests they knew of were the backup nests under Metru Nui. I see a lot of you who are saying "yes" to this just using the acronym, "MU", probably because yall really mean "the giant robot" by that. But don't forget what MU stands for; it's not that clearcut.

The term "Matoran Universe" actually would be comparable to the world that the Matoran know and are aware of. For example, we use the term "the known universe" to refer to the world in which we are aware. Also using such terms would refer to the "universe" or place where we know where the Matoran are. Since the Matoran are aware of the island of Mata Nui currently, and since they once were there and could have gotten their at this point in this story, yes, the Bohrok are part of the Matoran Universe. They are where the Matoran are up here on Mata Nui's head.

It boils down to "when are we asking?" And also in what sense. I get the feeling that right now, since they understand more about the robot, they would be likely to consider just the domes the MU, as in "our normal universe", even excluding Mata Nui. And while on Mata Nui, they would have had no reason to exclude the ocean, the stars in the sky, the center of the planet, etc. all as part of their universe but would we fans call those part of the Matoran Universe? Probably not.And everything since the Great Cataclysm is a drop in the ocean of time compared to the time spent pretty much just in the domes. So prior to that the nests wouldn't be considered (except maybe by the Order, Brotherhood, etc. who were in the know), since they weren't known.My point is a blanket answer of "yes" isn't sufficient here. :) It's basically "yes, at times and in a basic sense, especially since it's protodermic, but maybe not universally so." Agreed?

Edited by bonesiii

It boils down to "when are we asking?" And also in what sense. I get the feeling that right now, since they understand more about the robot, they would be likely to consider just the domes the MU, as in "our normal universe", even excluding Mata Nui. And while on Mata Nui, they would have had no reason to exclude the ocean, the stars in the sky, the center of the planet, etc. all as part of their universe but would we fans call those part of the Matoran Universe? Probably not.And everything since the Great Cataclysm is a drop in the ocean of time compared to the time spent pretty much just in the domes. So prior to that the nests wouldn't be considered (except maybe by the Order, Brotherhood, etc. who were in the know), since they weren't known.My point is a blanket answer of "yes" isn't sufficient here. :) It's basically "yes, at times and in a basic sense, especially since it's protodermic, but maybe not universally so." Agreed?

Yes.It basically comes down to a disambiguation of a fan-invented ambiguous term, which leaves the answer ambiguous and more complex.

The armour survived being blasted through the atmosphere, looking at space shuttles its highly likely it will survive renentry

But space shuttles have highly specialized heat-resistant tiles. Lehvak-Kal, being a Bohrok, which are not designed for heat other than ambient climatic temperature, probably has armor primarily designed for no higher temperature than a Toa of Fire. And Tahu lost his powers, so the resistance could be even less. Remember, the Bohrok are janitors, not firefighters. Also, will the Krana survive the impact? There are no parachutes, you know. Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png