• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Toa/rahkshi Girl? I Dunno What I'm Thinking.

toa rahkshi sketch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,284 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 01:30 PM

I was gonna make a Toa/Rahkshi hybrid character of sorts for the BZPRPG; basically just a Toa with some spines on its back. Then I realized I basically have too much to do in that RPG already, so I dropped it. Still, I drew picture of the character, just because.Take one part Toa of Plant Life, one part Lehrak and mix it all together... and I present to you: Leah.Posted ImageI got the pose right, I think (often have trouble with limbs...), but I'm not all that happy with the torso armor. That's why this pic is not entirely finished: I just felt like moving on to a new sketch.Comments and critique are of course appreciated. :)

#2 Offline Mare Tranquillitatis

Mare Tranquillitatis
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 08-December 10
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 01:57 PM

Well, it looks good, on my opinion, but I can't understand why it's taking off its mask... Perhaps you should refine the torso, but, hey, it's still a nice pic.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

#3 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,284 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 03:24 AM

I should probably write down the backstory I had for this char, but in short she doesn't need and can't really use Kanohi given her half-Rahkshi background. What she's wearing is a basic Rahkshi helmet fitted for a Toa.Oh, and the slanted eyeholes and general shape of it was bugging me, so I didn't want to draw the helmet fully on. :lol:

#4 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 02-January 07
  • 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 24 2012 - 09:55 AM

:kaukau: Something about the picture bugs me. I'm having trouble saying exactly what it is, but I think it's the face and the general tone of the colors. And the overall feeling of the picture is stale. Of course, the last BZPRPG-inspired drawing I looked at was VF's, so maybe I'm setting my standards a little high.Although a Toa-Rahkshi hybrid...That sounds interesting, although you'd need a heck of a good background to pull that one off. Speaking of which, I was working on a concept sketch of a Rahkshi-somethingelse hybrid yesterday. I'd better work on completing a final version sometime.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image
Will you give all you can give so that our banner may advance?

Profiles

#5 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,284 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 24 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'm not all that good of an artist, so yeah, I too feel it's missing something. I never got any further on adding shading and stuff (that might be half the problem), so I ended up just posting this as it was. I might keep working on it, but I think I'll just draw something new in that case. An action pose, perhaps, to liven things up.I'll not be using the character after all, by the way, since the max I would be allowed to use is a Toa with spines on its back (Rahkshi are staff-only characters), thereby nixing most potential back-story.But yeah, thanks for the comment; I always appreciate recognition. :P That, and constructive criticism.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users