• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Barraki - First, Best, And Favorite

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Of the Barraki ...

... which one was your first?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

... which one was your favorite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

... which designs did you like?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Online Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,271 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 04:01 PM

A poll for TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 2.0, specifically his topic here. :)

sdadcomedy.png

#2 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 5,486 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 05:23 PM

Takadox owns. Mega-creepy.

#3 Offline BioGio

BioGio
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,207 posts

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 06:01 PM

When you say, "which one was your favorite?" do you mean in terms of design, story, pieces available, or just in general? Each of those questions has a rather different answer for me.Anyway, answers: IDK, probably Takadox, and Takadox/Mantax/Carapar.~ BioGio

dig

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

#4 Offline nuhvok campaign manager

nuhvok campaign manager
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 483 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 06:19 PM

The Barraki were easily my favorite line of sets of all time. Their history was fascinating, their story was well developed, and their characters were unlike anything we've seen in Bionicle before. I mean, Roodaka was my favorite set of 2005 because of her personality, and then we get told that we now have a canister line of sets that were as bad, dirty, calculating, and outright evil as her, if not more so.The sets themselves too were phenomenal! They had unique, rather ingenious designs considering their price. And the designs actually had character to them. The faces, the weapons, the armor. You could actually see the personalities of the sets reflected through their appearance.And, while I'm probably going to be pelted with tomatoes for saying this, they had great launchers. Sure, they were difficult at first, but I liked that. A launcher that actually took skill to operate. Once I learned how to use them in the first month, I was able to hit targets with them 10 or even 20 feet away. I have not seen a single launcher preform that well and that accurately since then.I have come to own all six, making them my first line of canister sets that I managed to get a full collection of, but my first and favorite was Ehlek. I fell in love with him since the day I saw that prototype image of him on the cover of Bionicle Legends #6, and he is still to this day one of my favorite sets of all time.

Edited by nuhvok campaign manager, Mar 07 2012 - 06:21 PM.

VOTE BAHRAG!

Tahu: "Who exactly are you?"
Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."
Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"
Mata Nui: "..."

My Current MOCs: -Kervahnka-, -Gatling Gun-, -Jetbug 2.0-

Credit to ~ProtoSmith~ for the avatar.

#5 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,959 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 08:21 PM

My least favorite would be Kalmah, due to his commonplace build unworthy of a Barraki, (but his tentacle almost makes up for it) but my favorite...Ehlek or Pridak. I guess I'll go with Pridak if I have to choose. He seemed a bit thin at first, but the vicious look in his eyes and face...the spikes...the sharkness (is that a word?) yeah. UNFORTUNATELY I NEVER GOT ONE OF THEM! (No Money)

#6 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,017 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 03:47 PM

I like all of their designs they were all different from each other in many ways.

#7 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 815 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 12:15 AM

I loved the Barraki. They retained a "prototype" sense of originality and flowing organic designs. Carapar was my first set, and I can still remember my sense of awe and fascination with them. He's my favorite just because he's the main subject of that feeling.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#8 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,892 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 17 2012 - 03:38 AM

First Barraki: EhlekFave Barraki: Ehlek or Carapar (I voted Carapar)Best design: Ehlek

#9 Offline Starlord

Starlord
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • legendary outlaw

• 2,493 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Mar 21 2012 - 05:14 AM

I voted Ehlek all the way through (◕‿◕✿)

tumblr_inline_mrsns9fO2r1qep8gd.png

#10 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,274 posts

Posted Mar 21 2012 - 02:06 PM

1. I believe it was Kalmah, though I might be wrong about that.2. Carapar. I loved his claw hand. :)3. Pridak, Carapar, and Ehlek.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short story The Agori and my Ninjago short story The Darkness Within

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#11 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,017 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 02:02 PM

A poll for TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 2.0, specifically his topic here. :)

Thanks for making this poll for me (it took me THIS LONG to tell u that?)

#12 Offline PooZy

PooZy
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 05:40 PM

Voted takadox all the way through and added mantax to the good designs at the end.mantax's design was especially good, nothing like what we'd seen before and that made me squiggly-happy. Takadox was my favourite though, I just really liked his personality and I've always liked mantises.
Posted Image

#13 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 19,071 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 06:26 PM

Carapar, Carapar, Carapar! Head and armor like no other, wonderfully cool. And brown!"First" was only, but okay. :P

#14 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,298 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2012 - 12:16 PM

First: EhlekFavorite: EhlekDesign: Mantax

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#15 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,236 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 09:42 AM

Takadox was my fist, I thought he was the coolest. Then I got Kalmah, he was awesome, though had a boring design, probably the only design I didn't like.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#16 Offline Parazan

Parazan
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 339 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 12:57 PM

Ehlek: first,Takadox: favorite. I liked the designs of all of them.
Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

#17 Offline reptiman

reptiman
  • Members
  • Toa

• 101 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 01:59 PM

This was a hard one. Mantax was my first, as I found something cool about him. I put my favorite as Ehlek however. In terms of design, Ehlek was the best. The coolest story-wise had to be mantax though. He was a loner who discovered who betrayed the barraki, which made him really cool for me. I liked the design of all of them personally. They were an amazing range of sets.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=9379

#18 Offline Dwanny

Dwanny
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 215 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 26 2012 - 10:13 AM

Takadox FTW.

Yeah I'm kinda